Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

How Do We End The Cold Civil War? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Do We End The Cold Civil War? (2424 Views)

Time To End The Bad Blood Between The Yorubas And Ndigbo - Femi Aribisala / Bokoharam Insurgency: Can We End It? / How Can We End Corruption In Nigeria: From Top To Bottom, Or Bottom To Top? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by Fhemmmy: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2008
[/quote][quote author=tpia link=topic=179477.msg2902936#msg2902936 date=1223322116]
Nigerians act like they're the only country in the world made up of different groups and tribes.

But i think we are the most complicated.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by DeepZone: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2008

Nigeria is not a nation. citizen are willing to die for their nation. How do you make nigeria a nation, cancel the census and allow one man , one vote., And not what you have 1man4vote for North.

Nigeria@1, comments like this will not allow us to have a peaceful consensus.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by ikeyman00(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2008
forget all the bullsssssssssssssssssss

now this is emm i think a clear statement i always have at the back of my head

Nigerians act like they're the only country in the world made up of different groups and tribes.

nigeria1 u cant touch this?
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by ikeyman00(m): 9:15pm On Oct 06, 2008
But i think we are the most complicated.

u got to be sick and tired of these nigeria1 fellows

one wonder why they are always quick to back him up whenever they can
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by tpia: 9:27pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by subice(m): 9:29pm On Oct 06, 2008
Tribalism is a national cancer that has contributed a lot to where we are as a nation today. The very rubbish leaders we have had have used it to successfully polarize the various ethnic groups. It is something that would take at least a couple of decades to diminish (it cannot be wiped-out) in my opinion. However, the most effective tool to combat it, which is our educational system, is in tatters. The national policy makers have no vision and direction. We should totally re-engineer or educational system. Amongst other things, equality and anti-tribalism should be taught compulsorily at both elementary and secondary schools. Things like the fundamental rights as stated in the constitution should also be taught compulsorily at these levels. There are many (educated) people today, that if you showed them what the constitution actually says, would be in disbelief at some of the things they are entitiled to as Nigerians. Education is such a powerful tool, and any attempt to combat tribalism would be futile without it playing a central role. In addition, maybe we need a law that makes it a federal crime to incite, aid or practice tribalism or anything of a tribalistic nature.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 06, 2008
@Subice,

Nice idea but education alone can not be of help. We can only set this right by way of Law. Education will only appeal to conscience and individual understanding but this is something that we need to do in a way that it will be whether you like it or not scenario. We should enforce anti-tribalism on the citizenry. If you are waiting to appeal to our conscience as it is then you will get nowhere.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by nigeria12: 1:56am On Oct 07, 2008
ike please name another country in this world with many ethnics gorup as nigeria.  And do search google earth and look for another country with so much settlement.

i don't actually think the guy was looking for seperation

You ask if i am looking for seperation from nigeria. I think it is the best interest of all if the yorubas do not get justice. Honestly, there is no man in nigeria who can get us there. I have dual citizen, and i would tell have not come across any canadian citizen who have live in this country for 10 years that you would pay million to take part in sept 11. Do you want to know why.

Look one thing a canadian would never lack is food, shelter and education is a right of every canadian. So why would canadian not die for their country.

Can nigerian says so, NO. what have nigeria contributed to the lifes of nigerian,  Nothing.

You see the issue of leadership would not be solve if we do not seperate. I am sorry to say this. I could have told you good story, since president yar adua is looking for ministers, and may be my name may be on the list. But i did not. I want to be honest to you. You see to make nigeria a nation , it take a leader with vision. Now ask yourself, do we have sure leaderS around.

A am not looking to lead nigeria but to see that every nigeria is treated fairly and i say this even if they want to kill me. The yorubas are not been treated fairly and if they refuse to do something about it , we would do something about that.

We have the United nation, and I would tell you this some powerful nigerian in the United state have also link us with some people that would help us to fulfil our people desire. We are north slave to the north. It is either justice for the Yorubas or nothing else. I am speaking not for myself but on behalf of 99% of the Yorubas minus those who consider themself to be Judas.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by tpia: 2:14am On Oct 07, 2008
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by QuotaSyste(m): 3:07am On Oct 07, 2008
tpia:

nigeria1: since when do you constitute 99% of the Yorubas? maybe you meant to type 0.0009%?

So you're hoping Yaradua will make you a minister? Interesting.

not even considering the fact that you're probably not even Yoruba, now you've suddenly turned to 99% of Yoruba.

na wa.
Why do you think he is not Yoruba? Because he is saying what most Yorubas can not dare say because of their connivance with your awusa people in milking the niger deltans dry of their oil and plunging nigeria as a whole into the misery it found itself today? For you he is sounding Igbo because he is in support of constituional review which to you and your illiterate awusa people is a nightmare.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by DeepZone: 8:19am On Oct 07, 2008
We have the United nation, and I would tell you this some powerful nigerian in the United state have also link us with some people that would help us to fulfil our people desire. We are north slave to the north. It is either justice for the Yorubas or nothing else. I am speaking not for myself but on behalf of 99% of the Yorubas minus those who consider themself to be Judas.
Roflmao.
@Nigeria@1, it seems this cold civil war has no ending from your humble opinion.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by DeepZone: 8:22am On Oct 07, 2008

Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War?
« #37 on: Yesterday at 09:29:46 PM »

Tribalism is a national cancer that has contributed a lot to where we are as a nation today. The very rubbish leaders we have had have used it to successfully polarize the various ethnic groups. It is something that would take at least a couple of decades to diminish (it cannot be wiped-out) in my opinion. However, the most effective tool to combat it, which is our educational system, is in tatters. The national policy makers have no vision and direction. We should totally re-engineer or educational system. Amongst other things, equality and anti-tribalism should be taught compulsorily at both elementary and secondary schools. Things like the fundamental rights as stated in the constitution should also be taught compulsorily at these levels. There are many (educated) people today, that if you showed them what the constitution actually says, would be in disbelief at some of the things they are entitiled to as Nigerians. Education is such a powerful tool, and any attempt to combat tribalism would be futile without it playing a central role. In addition, maybe we need a law that makes it a federal crime to incite, aid or practice tribalism or anything of a tribalistic nature.

True talk.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by MCUsman(m): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2008
DeepZone:

Roflmao.
@Nigeria@1, it seems this cold civil war has no ending from your humble opinion.

Maybe the war has to change to an ice berg.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2008
Education in this sense, i am sure dont mean staying within some walls of classroom and we repeat after the teacher, however, there is a need for rewiring of our minds and brains to know that we are all Nigerians
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by tpia: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2008
QuotaSyste:

Why do you think he is not Yoruba? Because he is saying what most Yorubas can not dare say because of their connivance with your awusa people in milking the niger deltans dry of their oil and plunging nigeria as a whole into the misery it found itself today? For you he is sounding Igbo because he is in support of constituional review which to you and your illiterate awusa people is a nightmare.

Please go back to elementary school and learn there are other tribes besides Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo.

Stop relying on info obtained from the motor park. undecided
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2008
You all have posted some interesting contributions so far. There are several strategies we can deploy to arrest this negative human emotion:

1. Education - "a mind is a terrible thing to waste". All tribalists have wasted their minds and come to naught. The federal and state governments must invest in education; the importance of such an investment cannot be overemphasized. What education does is to minimize extremist/evil tribalistic tendencies. No educated man/woman would allow him/herself to be used as pawns on the chessboard of illiterate, fat-bellied, lazy, morose politicians - to be used as hooligans, thugs, etc. Do such educated fools exist? Yes, only as a testament to the horrible standards of our education.

2. Civil rights laws - the concept of state of origin must be banned ASAP. We cannot legislate people's mind, however, we can pass laws that guarantee equity, justice and fairness. No Nigerian should be prevented from exercising his right in any part of Nigeria. Prison time must await those who have used their power to promote inter-ethnic hatred and tribalism.

3. Security - Northern Nigeria has proved hopelessly insecure for Southerners. We've read countless stories of illiterate (my point on education), mainly Muslim men, forming death squads and killing Christians and Southerners, especially people from a particular, mainly Christian ethnic group. The federal and state government must investigate incidents like these and bring the marauding murderers to book.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by AloyEmeka9: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2008
I can see the cold war receding.
Re: How Do We End The Cold Civil War? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2008
The Problem with Nigeria has NEVER been tribalism, religion, politics etc. Until we understand where the blame really lies, we will keep going in circles in that country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Isi-uzo: A Cry For Potable Water / Update 4-nigeria Unions Suspend Strikes In Fuel Dispute / BREAKING NEWS: And The Slogan Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.