Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB (7565 Views)

President, Governors Must Quit Office Before Elections – Sule / Atiku Rejects Automatic Tickets For President, Governors / SE Governors Should Map Out And Plan New Towns Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by Aura2(f): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people.

The Electorates should be allowed to decide who they elect irrespective of his paper qualifications.

I don't know this obsession in Nigeria with paper qualifications. Does it mean the children of the poor will perpetually be ruled by the rich and elites?

Let's say no to this bastardisation of democracy and no to elitism.

A drunk like Nyesom wike may not be a local Govt chairman if that law was effective, sorry ooo, the man is even a lawyer!! lol
What about Capital oil Ifeanyi Uba who contested Anambra gubernatorial election with a 5yrs old Neco certificate, how did he write his Manifesto!

Bros if e pain you, go and get a degree if you want to venture into politics, how did we end up with clowns like patience Jonathan and Oga at the top (NSCDC lagos)?
sorry ooo i forgot they are both PHD holders. lol[/color]
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by jpphilips(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2014
ideycraze:

Do you mean Polytechnic graduates are dull?

where did he say that? your comprehension skill amaze me.
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by jpphilips(m): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
NSNA: Pure Nonsense.

In this day and age you really don't need a paper certificate to know more than many of the so called professors..

Ask google

You will equally endorse the use of Google to run the affairs of over 170m people and manage billions of dollars in revenue.
IMHO, I don't think that being a graduate (BSc, HND) alike is the issue but we need a level of competitive restriction in Nigerian politics, There are a lot of touts in our polity.

The Average Nigerian politician can not stand a par with his contemporaries elsewhere it is pitiful and embarrassing, yet Nigerians who bear the brunt cannot see that our leadership need to be controlled.

Look at the crisis in the Judiciary, there are so many loop holes that people who can afford smart lawyers evade justice, we always cry that the judge is corrupt, but the truth is that the law itself is not water tight, which begs the question, who made the laws?

Who are the people in the upper and lower house who gulp 40% of the Nations earning to make these laws? I will like them to recommend a law degree for all lawmakers, if you want to be a senator, go an extra mile to get a law degree, when you listen to the pro and anti arguments in our chambers, it sounds like beer parlor talk, no facts, no reference, what you hear is mere gossip, anecdotes and conjectures, it doesn't make sense.

Nigeria is the way it is because its affairs is piloted by semi mad people. being a graduate wont solve the problem but it will draw a line of control for men like Ifeanyi uba a tout to stop disturbing Anambra politics.

Why I said being in graduate wont solve all the problem is a Gov like Amaechi who is a graduate by the way, the WHO announced that Rivers state is a cholera red zone, now the Govt went to apply for a foreign 27yrs old loan to provide portable water for his people, meanwhile all the allocation that accrued to his state is used for a senseless Mono rail project.

In other words, the Gov prefer to in debt his state to provide basic amenities while he uses his allocations for jamboree, now tell me what kinda wisdom is that?

Amaechi went to Lagos and saw the BRT idea and brought it to rivers, now, he could not create a separate BRT lane for his buses hence the new buses have to ply the usual traffic and worsened the already bad traffic situation in the state, His BRT could not stand as an alternative to using the vehicle which was the primary reason for setting it up, tell me where is the wisdom in that man?

We need graduates as administrators in Nigeria as an element of control to deter Okada men from delving into our politics but if we want to get it right,

A management higher degree and experience in area of management for a specified number of years for the president, Governors and LGA chairmen.

A compulsory Law degree for all law makers for both federal and state, haba! the political mumu!! in this country is getting out of hand.

Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
It wouldn't matter. How much are they 'manufacturing' certificate? grin
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by juman(m): 11:20am On Jul 09, 2014
Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva

Lula had little formal education. He did not learn to read until he was ten years old,[14] and quit school after the second grade in order to work to help his family. His working life began at age 12 as a shoeshiner and street vendor.[15] By age 14 he got his first formal job in a copper processing factory as a lathe operator.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luiz_In%C3%A1cio_Lula_da_Silva#Education_and_work
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by ogbronx(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2014
CHESSBOARD: #CONCUR*****

So that illiterates like Tinubu, Rochas and Atiku can hold their peace.... we need educated men like our Mr president GEJ who is a PHD holder...haters pls kill yourselves right now.
so gej is a PhD holder? I didn't know oh! I always put him in the same category with a former lecturer of mine( now with doctors degree in DELSU) who said molten magma is the source of Nigerian's Crude oil. Shey his wife, your first lady, has degrees too? Shameless you. If you like, no read, do expo all your life call ursef graduate. Haters ke, haters ni !

1 Like

Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by dadaibrahim(m): 1:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Some members have frowned at the confab decision on Bsc as a minimum educational qualification for those aspiring the mentle of power. Ther reason is tied on the hope of hnd, Nd and Nce holder. Some even push forward their arguement so low to define democracy as government of the ppl by the ppl and for the ppl, only to get a cheap point, if I may get their argument right from the definition given , education shdnt b a caterial for the choice presiency and other political offices. A primary sch drop out, those who cant read nor write could b the president in as much as they are the choice of the ppl haaaaa. I am of the opinion that their decision is well said, my reason is from the best bsc holder we can make a best choice rather than fooling ourself
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by Seandeeds(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2014
Does it really matter? The so called educated ones in government today are the ones mismanaging our economy. The problem is not the educational background. It's not about BSc or HND. It's about orientation, fear of God, good character, good conscience etc.
It's time for us to know what is important.

1 Like

Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by StealthyMe(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2014
Seandeeds: Does it really matter? The so called educated ones in government today are the ones mismanaging our economy. The problem is not the educational background. It's not about BSc or HND. It's about orientation, fear of God, good character, good conscience etc.
It's time for us to know what is important.

Even at that, most of the politicians don't even possess the fear of God,good conscience & character you talk about.... undecided
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by Royalman4u(m): 2:29am On Jul 11, 2014
Ngwakwe:

The Electorates should be allowed to decide who they elect irrespective of his paper qualifications.

I don't know this obsession in Nigeria with paper qualifications. Does it mean the children of the poor will perpetually be ruled by the rich and elites?

Governance is not about certificate but about wisdom; this is why Solomon has remain the best king ever even though he has no qualification

1 Like

Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ngwakwe:

U couldn't have said better, brother
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by portix: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by bollify(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2014
donroxy: Ngwakwe : your assertion is completely poor and baseless !

If you look @ the political problem of this country through history , U would discovered that it was when uneducated people assumed the mantle of leadership that Nigeria turned Upside down where we now have thugs manning all our government houses in background !

I usually say this :

Whomsoever that is managing any position of authority of the Three tiers of government i.e President , Governor and LG Should posess nothing less than Masters in his chosen field as well as MBA which will equip you with administrative and managerial skills also Proven 10years Management experience at nothing less than Strategic Level management is compulsory
Infact school of strategic studies in Kuru, Jos should also be made compulsory !

Imagine , GEJ is the first Ph.D holder to rule Nigeria since independent while Yar'adua is the first B.sc holder since same ....

Don't tell me about ZIK and Shonekan oo , they were just there as figureHead !

Imagine , the CEO of all Nigerian Banks is always more qualified than a Local Government Chairman whose allocation run into hundreds of Millions everymonth talkless of President and Governor then how do you want a Poly Graduate to manage 500million monthly .....

Which organisation will entrust a B.sc holder without proven experience with such vote just because he was voted by his people ?

Between Nigeria and UBA whose CEO deserved better qualification ? grin

Infact Dangote's company is managed by adequately qualified managers , is Dangote's turnover beyond Nigeria's ?

Abeg , the only problem with this country is that :

It is not being managed by capable hands and the brains of the leaders is always anti-clockwise cuz we know where they were all selected from to be elected !

It is not by book but what you have passed through as an experienced manager who has the IQ to rule Multi-Ethnic nation like ours

God help us all when we help ourselves !
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by kobikwelu(m): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Disagree...

A college paper is not a yardstick to determine a great leader with wisdom

all a leader needs is to incorporate these so-called college grads in his cabinet
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by diranoyekan(f): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2014
This is what you get when you take a group of dinosaurs and have them 'dictate' the future for a country majorly comprising people under the age of 35. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by StealthyMe(m): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
kobikwelu: Disagree...

all a leader needs is to incorporate these so-called college grads in his cabinet

It takes a wise man to do that and place wisdom above family ties and community relations...
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by StealthyMe(m): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
kobikwelu: Disagree...

It takes a wise man to do that and place wisdom above family ties and community relations...
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by shedify: 11:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
That's a welcome development. Enuf of illiterate politicians
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by solomakindees(m): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
ndidibabe: What is his qualification?
I learnt Fayose got OND(danfo-driving) from Ibadan polytechnic while Akala dashed him HND(honor is causa)! grin
Certificate is not everything. Tinubu got Toronto BSc but see how he continues to give PDP migraine!
Mama peace too claims she has BSc Uni port but her broken English is wearing POP. Diariz god o grin
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by slimport(f): 6:14am On Jul 22, 2014
Being educated should be d first criteria to look @ wen choosing a leader. @least minimum of HND is still Ok. Nobody is talking abt collecting just a paper which u people call certificate, it's about being exposed, being able to reason. Wen u go to schl and u dint just pass tru schl, u allow schll to pass tru u, ur ability to reason will be strong. U will knw the right thing to do @ d ryt time. And also av the fear of God. Apart from d fact that most of these politicians has d intention of doing somethg good for their nations, there r some so called Godfathers that will not. Allow them. Apart from education, these politicians does nt have the fear of God. They r not concerned abt citizens, all they r targeting is ao to embezzle money and b in power. May God have mercy on us in this country. ...... oh yes! I support that education shud be one of the major criteria in choosing leaders in Nigeria, even a local Govt chairman..... may God almighty have mercy on us in this country...
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by bvibesblogger: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2014
Hi, we're looking to hire a general news blogger.
He/She must be able to churn out at least 15 stories daily and use WORDPRESS proficiently.
Contact: bjamgbadi@gmail.com, bankole@today.ng or simply sms 08069724513
Re: President, Governors Should Have Minimum Of University Degree - CONFAB by tbagjames(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
A decree holder will difinately have more knowledge on how to loot without leaving a trace for suspicion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Who Increased Minimum Wage From N7000 To N18,000? / See Latest Development @ Awka / Insecurity: IG Flags Off Anti-cultism Campaign In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.