Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? (1374 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by Gmystic(m): 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2014
“Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all”.
Is it possible to be friends with an ex? I personally believe that it is possible to be friends with an ex, it just has to be done in the right way. Not all romantic relationships were made to last forever and just because it does not work out, does not mean you have to lose that person completely. Sometimes, there is no bad blood but more of you and your partner just simply realising that you are not compatible anymore.

Once your relationship has ran its course, it is in the best interest of both parties to spend some time apart from each other before trying to be friends. This space and time apart is essential because it will help clear the air of any tension that has been left behind as a result of the split. After you’ve both taken enough time off, you and your ex should have a talk to discuss whatever grudges you may have so that you both can start gaining closure. If you are ever going to be able to have a functioning friendship, you need to let go of whatever unresolved issues there may be. As most people may know, the early stage of a breakup is meant for personal healing and recovery and this is not something can be forced or rushed.

Read more: http://ml-world-forum.23167.n7.nabble.com/Is-It-Possible-To-Stay-Friends-With-An-Ex-tp35.html

what is your view on this, is it really possible to stay as friends without crossing the line

Re: Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
I will feel uncomfortable, regrets will keep on blarring in my mind like an alarm. For me I can't be her friend. there will always be something in me dat likes her so it's beta I avoid her.
Re: Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by Creamish(f): 1:29pm On Jul 02, 2014
It is possible..but like u said, its better to spend some time apart so u can both get over the hurt/feelings. I doubt if u can be best buddies but the relationship could be cordial.
Re: Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by 25omega(m): 1:30pm On Jul 02, 2014
i tell any woman i date that if it doesn't work out i will not be her friend now will i keep her number because it would give the person who is still in love false hope that it can be worked out.

The only way i would be friends with an ex is if i want to keep fncking her while not being committed to her
Re: Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by vizkiz: 1:47pm On Jul 02, 2014
I tried being friends with an ex...but i notice we keep having sex anytime we are together...had to let go make her bf no murder me grin
Re: Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by Lordabas: 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2014
its possible but that also means i will hit it again.lol grin
Re: Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by ebullientV(m): 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
I think it'd be better to find reasons not to remain friends and save urslf from the numerous stress that accompanies break-ups.. Than try 2 believe ''everytn will b aii'' and find urslf entagled in a web later on..
And this doesn't mean u both should turn into enemies either..
I knw of a friend who gives her ex ''consolation sex'' very often becos ''she doesn't want 2 lose his friendship''.. Quite pathetic.
Re: Is It Possible To Stay Friends With An Ex? by Lordabas: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
Elders of nairaland i greet u all.

My people Learn the meaning of BREAK-UP- U just break off with someone and move on! The meaning of EX - Axe the girl from your life and again move on.
Whatever you have now is what your future is and whatever you need to share you can share with your present man. You DO NOT need your ex to share....your friendship should be with your man and NOT THE OTHER MAN which is what your ex is. Its senseless, risky and a sign of insecurity to still want an ex in life.YOU DO NOT NEED EX AS A FRIEND, all you need is some sense. ITS IMPOSSIBLE!! I have Spoken! angry

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Never Say To A Girl / A Parastic Married Woman / LADIES, who among this 2 men will you spend February 14 with?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.