Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE (38902 Views)

NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! / NMA Strike Suspended? / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by infolekan(m): 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
RELATIVITY IN THE HEALTH SECTOR

Now many that are outside the health sector may be confused about this. But to put it simply, the healthcare system revolves around a TEAM. In every team all players are important and perhaps indispensible, but there is always a captain or a leader. Usually the coach will choose a captain either based on current form, or based on age, or based on experience, or based on number of years spent in the team. In medical circles this leadership role, albeit traditional, was foisted on the doctor because of qualities including being central to patient care, perfect understanding of both normal and abnormal body function, understanding of the development of diseease and different options for curing or relieving it, and a general scope of the different areas of human medicine. As is seen in every normal salary structure, the more the training, the higher the pay. That is why a secondary school leaver and a university graduate are not put on the same grade level when they are employed. Even among graduates, those of engineering, law and pharmacy are paid higher than others. Doctors (medical and veterinary) are paid still higher. This is the concept of relativity, put simply.

However in the Nigerian health sector, this rule has been and is being continually thrown to the winds. Some nurses without university degrees earn higher than pharmacists and doctors. From being started out on step 4 of the grade level as used to be the case, House officers are now started on step 2. Reasons? None! Like stated earlier, this is the result of the failure of doctors to use strikes to press home their demands, choosing negotiations instead. The only time when we got heard was during the strikes that introduced the Consolodated Medical Salary Scale (CONMESS) in 2008/2009. And in that document, there were fundamental flaws. For as you moved higher up the scale, your salary seemed to be stagnant. The creators of that document cleverly made the calculations such that a promotion added almost nothing to your total emoluments. This led to a call by the NMA for a new salary structure that makes the effect of promotion better, and government is “still looking into it”. Realising its “mistake”, government issued a circular on the 3rd of January 2014, correcting the anomalies in CONMESS. Take note that this was not NMA’s demand, but even the implementation of the government’s own response to the problem has taken six months. Not a single kobo has been released to that effect. But since we are a breed that has a genetic aberration which has foisted limitless patience on us, JOHESU will have the public believe that we are unreasonable.

One funny tweet I read this morning from @bilquees_01 under the ‪#‎nmastrike‬ read, “a duke mutum a hana shi kuka”. It is in hausa and means “to beat up someone and prevent him from crying”. This perfectly describes NMA’s situation in Nigeria. We are squeezed in on every side, pressured, ambushed and bashed, but the rule is “Thou shalt not complain”. Each time there is an industrial action, you see sudden movement from the house of representatives, senate, presidency, and the so called “well meaning nigerians”. As soon as we retreat to work to observe the situation, all agreements become unbearable burdens for the government. JOHESU rushes off to introduce another variable to unbalance the equation. But thou, o physician, shalt not talk. For it is you alone that has moral obligation to the sick of the world. Arrant rubbish!

HAZARD ALLOWANCE, RURAL POSTING AND OTHER ALLOWANCES

Let me start with the hazard allowance. I will simply ask a question here to any member of the public. Is five thousand naira (about 28 USD or 18 GBP) enough compensation for any of the following risks to your life (and by extension, the life of your immediate family) every single day? People coughing into your face; blood splashing onto your clothes, skin, eyes and mouth; handling human faeces, urine, flesh and other fluids; working with razors, knives and needles around patients with highly infective conditions (HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Lassa Fever, Tuberculosis and others)?

If anyone would say yes to the question, or argue that they are more exposed to these dangers than the Doctor or Nurse, let them come out. I will stop at that.

When an official of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) travels from Abuja to Portharcourt and spends the night, he gets paid for the inconvenience. But a doctor POSTED to a rural setting away from family and civilisation needs to go on strike to get a circular saying that he should be paid his due. For if that is not done, he may get his money, or a quarter of it. Or nothing.

There is God o!

CONCLUSION

The current crisis in the Nigerian Health sector is essentially borne out of Government’s non-affirmativeness in handling issues related to clear definition of roles, lack of a global salary structure that takes into account training, skills and competencies, and the toleration of disrespect for laws and circulars of government. This is further worsened by its lack of implementation of agreements and slow response to threats of industrial action across the country.

Doctors, as part of the solutions to this quagmire, have advocated for the signing into law of the National Health Bill as passed by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This will resolve SOME of the problems.

Secondly, a global structure for salaries and wages in the health sector, based on the points stated in paragraph 1 of this conclusion, is key to putting a stop to the impending collapse of the health sector. That action should be based on practices in advanced nations of the world who we aspire to be like. Copying some things related to relativity from the UK’s NHS would be a good start. After that, any further pay rise for staff in the health sector should be done en masse to maintain the relativity across board. This alone will bring lasting peace.

A permanent resolution of these crises thus still lies at the feet of Mr President and his advisers and committees.

I will bow out with a comment on the oath we took, which I quoted earlier. That oath, called the Hippocratic oath and disputably assumed to have originated from Hippocrates, never envisioned that a time would come when a physician (here referring also to a surgeon) would be an employee of the state or work in conditions so terrible that he/she would consider withdrawing services to enforce his rights and those of his patients. Hippocrates never thought that the family atmosphere that existed in all the homes he visited to see patients would condense into vampiric institutions where lieutenents would challenge his leadership and seek to take his place at the head of the team. If he had, he would perhaps have added an escape clause.

For there is no longer any dignity in this practice; and our patients suffer everyday on account of all this back and forth over the same issues. Definitely, some of these problems I have dicussed are at the very heart of the matter, and others are thrown into the fray as a response to the frustration that engulfs us in the moment. But for our conscience to remain and our patients to enjoy the benefits of the doctor’s indepth knowledge and training, the atmosphere has to be right. That is what NMA is standing for today.

Having gone through some of the hard facts in this article, and perhaps having been inspired by my emotive tone, I hope that more members of the public will come to agree that the current strike, apart from seeking to correct some anomalies in the health sector, will ultimately lead to greater good for the primary object of existence of the medical profession – the patient.

- Dr Dagba, Agwaza Maxwell is a Senior Registrar at the Dept of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (ObGyn) at the Jos University Teaching Hospital, Jos, Nigeria, where he writes from.

5 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by bumfem: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
bumfem:

NIC has made it clear in its landslide judgements last year that health professionals reserved the right to be appointed consultants in their respective field and that individual professional consultant should have their allowances restored .

...That skipping of CONHESS 10 is a product of collective bargaining btw the govt and its worker and therefore illegal to be abrogated by fiat. So all officers that skip should continue to do so.

.....that Medical lab science is a distinct profession and therefore reserve the right to head their department without any influence from pathologist whose primary duty should be in morbid unit .

You may recall that all high profile profession have their scheme of service that guide their promotion and nomenclature at different level or cadre . All heath profession scheme of service pick at directorate. Mind you this scheme of service documents are approved and gazetted by govt. Another profession (physician) is now telling the govt ttoday that govt should not promote professionals to directors though their scheme of service permit them by law to be such promoted. Mind u,doctors have their own scheme of service that culminate in senior consultant . They chose not to go through directorate cadre ..It is like somebody telling u that u should not get to the peak of your career even though u merit it.

The issue of who should head the hospital was being handle by Yayale Ahmed committee on harmonization in health sector. Any matured mind would have waited for the outcome of such a committee headed by a highly revered restored civil servant before embarking on strike .The strike is like preempting the outcome of the committee assignment .

You need to know that there is only one head all the nurses in Nigeria hospital.The position is headed by chief nursing officer or director of nursing services as the case may be, ditto for pharmacy , physiotherapy. In medical practice it is not so. Depending on the number of specialties a teaching hospital or FMC may have. Their could be as many as many24 specialties in given hospital and they all must have heads of department all headed by doctors. In other words,u may have 20 department in hospital out of wish only three are headed by by non doctors.Yet they are not contented.

Mind u the position of the head of clinical services is still occupied by doctor .No body dispute their them heading this position till today even though nurses can do quite fine in this position. All of this positions are headed by professionall who expertise have a bearing on such dept.

Now comes the position of the CMD .These are the CEO of the hospital .It is a purely administrative position. Individual with administrative prowess in health matter suppose to be hire for this job. But what do we have in Nigeria. Bunch of anomalies where physician that finished residency yesterday are appointed to head the hospital not for any track record but for myopic fact that he is a doctor . So a man that has not manage a hurt in his life wants to manage an institution as complex as hospital.
pls see my third to the last for JOHESU position on this.

bumfem .
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by armadeo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
bumfem:

NIC has made it clear in its landslide judgements last year that health professionals reserved the right to be appointed consultants in their respective field and that individual professional consultant should have their allowances restored .

...That skipping of CONHESS 10 is a product of collective bargaining btw the govt and its worker and therefore illegal to be abrogated by fiat. So all officers that skip should continue to do so.

.....that Medical lab science is a distinct profession and therefore reserve the right to head their department without any influence from pathologist whose primary duty should be in morbid unit .

You may recall that all high profile profession have their scheme of service that guide their promotion and nomenclature at different level or cadre . All heath profession scheme of service pick at directorate. Mind you this scheme of service documents are approved and gazetted by govt. Another profession (physician) is now telling the govt ttoday that govt should not promote professionals to directors though their scheme of service permit them by law to be such promoted. Mind u,doctors have their own scheme of service that culminate in senior consultant . They chose not to go through directorate cadre ..It is like somebody telling u that u should not get to the peak of your career even though u merit it.

The issue of who should head the hospital was being handle by Yayale Ahmed committee on harmonization in health sector. Any matured mind would have waited for the outcome of such a committee headed by a highly revered restored civil servant before embarking on strike .The strike is like preempting the outcome of the committee assignment .

You need to know that there is only one header all the nurses in Nigeria hospital.The position is headed by chief nursing officer or director of nursing services as the case may be, ditto for pharmacy , physiotherapy. In medical practice it is not so. Depending on the number of specialties a teaching hospital or director.MC may have. Their could be as many as many24 specialties all headed by doctors.chief

to continue latter...

guy you actually make me happy with your half truth and outright lies. lets take this from the top all bolded

1.) that judgement has been put on hold by a court because as usual half truths and outright lies were told to obtain it.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/court-halts-implementation-of-fg-johesu-agreements/182258/

1b) on the issue of skipping i personally don't give a rats arse as long as relativity is maintained.

2.) you say the pathologist is strictly morbid anatomy. i hope you aren't one of the lab people if you are no further comment. yourhealthlabs can educate you further on this.

3.) i think this issue of directors i have also explained. Not all Drs are consultants, in the civil service scheme there are Drs whom have been in service for over 20yrs not consultants they achieved titles such as PMO AND CMO. now under this scheme all these Drs will also become directors where does that leave us with a large array of staff trolling hospitals with the director tag ANARCHY. ( can the govt really afford to pay all these new directors) NMA is against this even though it will still benefit some of her members though anarchy will ensue.

the scheme that results in consultants you are aware of I am very sure. A CONSULTANT IS NOT A DIRECTOR.

4.) The head of hospitals aka CMDS. wait for what? JOHESU members have shown their ability to manipulate because we are all buried in books and research so we have to preempt that action.
I have also explained why it has to be a dr. Don't worry that war can never be won.

5.) This is the most hilarious issue.

You need to know that there is only one header all the nurses in Nigeria hospital.The position is headed by chief nursing officer or director of nursing services as the case may be, ditto for pharmacy , physiotherapy. In medical practice it is not so. Depending on the number of specialties a teaching hospital or director.MC may have. Their could be as many as many24 specialties all headed by doctors.chief
[/b]
to continue latter...[/quote]

this is also true but with half lies. every medical department (specialty) has the chief nurse in charge of all the nurses, there's only one pharmacy so one chief pharmacist ditto physiotherapy, there's ALSO ONLY ONE CMD.

bring it on!!!!

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by armadeo(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
bumfem:

Mind u the position the head of clinical services is still occupied by doctor .No body dispute their them heading this position till today even though nurses can do quite fine in this position. All of this positions are headed by professionall who expertise have a bearing on such dept. of

Now comes the position of the CMD .These are the CEO of the hospital .It is a purely administrative position. Individual with administrative prowess in health matter suppose to be hire for this job. But what do we have in Nigeria. Bunch of anomalies where physician that finished residency yesterday are appointed to head the hospital not for any track record but for myopic fact that he is a doctor . So a man that has not manage a hurt in his life wants to manage an institution as complex as hospital.
pls see my third to the last for JOHESU position on this.

bumfem .

1st bolded it still bears down to who should head trhe MEDICAL team. I think that issue has been thrashed. CLINICAL SERVICES headed by a nurse guy you no try.

my opinion on the CMD issue is known.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by bumfem: 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
armadeo:

guy you actually make me happy with your half truth and outright lies. lets take this from the top all bolded

1.) that judgement has been put on hold by a court because as usual half truths and outright lies were told to obtain it.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/court-halts-implementation-of-fg-johesu-agreements/182258/

1b) on the issue of skipping i personally don't give a rats arse as long as relativity is maintained.

2.) you say the pathologist is strictly morbid anatomy. i hope you aren't one of the lab people if you are no further comment. yourhealthlabs can educate you further on this.

3.) i think this issue of directors i have also explained. Not all Drs are consultants, in the civil service scheme there are Drs whom have been in service for over 20yrs not consultants they achieved titles such as PMO AND CMO. now under this scheme all these Drs will also become directors where does that leave us with a large array of staff trolling hospitals with the director tag ANARCHY. ( can the govt really afford to pay all these new directors) NMA is against this even though it will still benefit some of her members though anarchy will ensue.

the scheme that results in consultants you are aware of I am very sure. A CONSULTANT IS NOT A DIRECTOR.

4.) The head of hospitals aka CMDS. wait for what? JOHESU members have shown their ability to manipulate because we are all buried in books and research so we have to preempt that action.
I have also explained why it has to be a dr. Don't worry that war can never be won.

5.) This is the most hilarious issue.

[/b]
to continue latter...

this is also true but with half lies. every medical department (specialty) has the chief nurse in charge of all the nurses, there's only one pharmacy so one chief pharmacist ditto physiotherapy, there's ALSO ONLY ONE CMD.

bring it on!!!!

HA ha ha...it is a pity that I do not have the lustry of time.

For your information the court never stop the implementation of the co tent of its formal ruling. Somebody approach the court on the burning issue resently purputedly to prevent NMAfrom going on strike.the So the court give an order that everybody should shealt it's swords pending the hearing of the new case b4 it and that nobody should embark on strike.the U can see your NMA flouted the court order and went on strike. If the court order is in favour of the courtNMA do you thing the NMA would have told the govt and the pubic that court order was not refering to it. Till date NMAhas not gone to court or challenge the NIC ruling . Have u ever ask ur seniors why? Aanswer is simple .They have got nothing to proof .

I really need not react to your point3 because PMO or CMO designate are equivalent of deputy director and directors in othru health profession . u chose not to go by directorate .So why should u prevent others from getting to the peak of their career.

I laugh at your submission on CMD issue . So you are afraid . The committee report may not be favourable . so it is better u scatter it......what a gentlemanly way of reasoning. If you will not be the head nobody will . No matter how reasonable other opinion may sound. DOKITA ......not, never about the patient .....it is all about your ego.

Matrons in various dept are not head of department. They are just in charge of the wards and they wip no influence outside their profession and wards.

Say all the time the truth .
Thanks.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by armadeo(m): 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
bumfem:

HA ha ha...it is a pity that I do not have the lustry of time.

For your information the court never stop the implementation of the co tent of its formal ruling. Somebody approach the court on the burning issue resently purputedly to prevent NMA from going on strike.the So the court give an order that everybody should shealt it's swords pending the hearing of the new case b4 it and that nobody should embark on strike.the U can see your NMA flouted the court order and went on strike. If the court order is in favour of the courtNMA do you thing the NMA would have told the govt and the pubic that court order was not refering to it. Till date NMAhas not gone to court or challenge the NIC ruling . Have u ever ask ur seniors why? Aanswer is simple .They have got nothing to proof .

I really need not react to your point3 because PMO or CMO designate are equivalent of deputy director and directors in othru health profession . u chose not to go by directorate .So why should u prevent others from getting to the peak of their career.

I laugh at your submission on CMD issue . So you are afraid . The committee report may not be favourable . so it is better u scatter it......what a gentlemanly way of reasoning. If you will not be the head nobody will . No matter how reasonable other opinion may sound. DOKITA ......not, never about the patient .....it is all about your ego.

Matrons in various dept are not head of department. They are just in charge of the wards and they wip no influence outside their profession and wards.

Say all the time the truth .
Thanks.

me i have the lustry of time strike neh.

MDCAN went to court not NMA get your facts right. they went to court based on your desire to be what you are not. they are the consultants and they know what they went through to get where they are. nobody jumped fence.

You agree that PMO and CMO are director cadre. The fact that they aren't directors should tell you something. or you think they wouldn't like it. it will only bring anarchy. govt cannot afford to pay all these new directors so it is dead on arrival.

on the CMD issue i have no fear the law stating the post of the CMD is quite clear and no JOHESU person fulfills that criteria.

Ego, Am i proud or are you intimidated. ps it is always about the patient.

matrons are head of ward yes and nurses in clinic too, i thought you all agreed that the head should be a Dr so why would a matron want to head a MEDICAL DEPT.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by eby001(m): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
please everybody i want to digress a little. sorry if anybody is offended .a new title just came to my mind>
'CONSULTANT MILITANT'
boko haram, mend, al qeida and general public please take note.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 12:13am On Jul 05, 2014
When JOHESU thinks that NMA is selfish and bossy..read the following article below. The Medical Doctors vs other health professionals fight is also happening even in d USA and the Doctors there are fighting back as bitterly as is happening in Nigeria. Link below

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/health/policy/02docs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2014
Omonoba1: seriously, i have been following your post and they all depict arrogancy...from the previous thread till now, you tend to stress the superiority of doctors.. people like you end up spending abnormal years in medical school because you are freaky too proud...if every one should write jamb again for MBBS/BDS, who will you work with?? dont forget that a Doctor simply have little knowledge of everything in the body but does not have full comprehensive knowledge about anything in the body..

Your statement is a complete show of ignorance. Doctors learn about the human body in-depth and extensively. In addition, they learn bits of the other health professionals' courses. Why do u think Doctors' claim that they are indispensable in the health sector? That "pride" must have been backed with a firm standing and not just empty noise. FYI, it's the other health professionals that learn only bits about the human body (bits just necessary for them to understand their course). In years 2 and 3 in university, medical students attend ALL the courses offered by anatomy, biochemistry and physiology before their 1st professional exams. Other health professionals usually offer only selected topics in the above courses in 1st semester year 2 and at most an additional few topics in 2nd semester year 2.
A medical doctor, after learning that extensively about the human body, will after graduation go into a post graduate residency program. Here, the medical Doctor now chooses a particular specialty(body system) and learns even more in-depth on that particular system in the body, so that by the time the med Doctor is through with residency, he/she knows EVERYTHING in every knowledge bank about the system he specialised in.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Omonoba1: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2014
the general84:
Your statement is a complete show of ignorance. Doctors learn about the human body in-depth and extensively. In addition, they learn bits of the other health professionals' courses. Why do u think Doctors' claim that they are indispensable in the health sector? That "pride" must have been backed with a firm standing and not just empty noise. FYI, it's the other health professionals that learn only bits about the human body (bits just necessary for them to understand their course). In years 2 and 3 in university, medical students attend ALL the courses offered by anatomy, biochemistry and physiology before their 1st professional exams. Other health professionals usually offer only selected topics in the above courses in 1st semester year 2 and at most an additional few topics in 2nd semester year 2.
umm! calm down before you develop myocardial infarction..can you pls write out the course outline for a medical student from yr 2 to 6 for me??
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 8:37am On Jul 05, 2014
Omonoba1: umm! calm down before you develop myocardial infarction..can you pls write out the course outline for a medical student from yr 2 to 6 for me??
Yes I can do that.
Year 1- A-level science courses +general studies courses (these courses are offered by everyone)
Year 2 and 3 - (a)anatomy (gross anatomy, histology, embryology of all body systems); (b)physiology (all body systems); (c)biochemistry (topics are many so won't bother listing them here)
Year 4- (a)pharmacology and (b)laboratory medicine/histopathology/morbid anatomy (comprised of pathology, haematology, microbiology, chemical pathology)
Year 5 - a) obstetrics and gynaecology
(b) paediatrics.
Year 6- (a) internal Medicine (b) surgery. (c) community medicine (d) family medicine.
Note- the year 5 and 6 courses are done ONLY by medical Doctors. Also note that from year 4 (beginning of clinical classes) they start bits of medicine and surgery (final year courses) in addition to the normal courses offered in those years. The reason is that medicine and surgery are so broad that it cannot be handled in final year alone so it's started earlier even though it's actually a final year course.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Omonoba1: 8:54am On Jul 05, 2014
the general84:
Yes I can do that.
Year 1- A-level science courses +general studies courses (these courses are offered by everyone)
Year 2 and 3 - (a)anatomy (gross anatomy, histology, embryology of all body systems); (b)physiology (all body systems); (c)biochemistry (topics are many so won't bother listing them here)
Year 4- (a)pharmacology and (b)laboratory medicine/histopathology/morbid anatomy (comprised of pathology, haematology, microbiology, chemical pathology)
Year 5 - a) obstetrics and gynaecology
(b) paediatrics.
Year 6- (a) internal Medicine (b) surgery. (c) community medicine (d) family medicine.
Note- the year 5 and 6 courses are done ONLY by medical Doctors. Also note that from year 4 (beginning of clinical classes) they start bits of medicine and surgery (final year courses) in addition to the normal courses offered in those years. The reason is that medicine and surgery are so broad that it cannot be handled in final year alone so it's started earlier even though it's actually a final year course.
well done,, now among the outline, can you point at one part that the doctors have indepth knowledge of?? anatomy, physiology and Medical bch are borrowed courses..path and pharm is also borrowed..or wud you say d doctor has as much knowledge as those who spent yrs studying these courses?? obstr and gyn et others that you listed are also not indepth cos if they were, then the concept of residency becomes fallacy..it readily brings to mind the saying; jack of all trade...what do you think?
P.s--just wanna learn from you, so lets do it in a mature way..

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 10:37am On Jul 05, 2014
Omonoba1: well done,, now among the outline, can you point at one part that the doctors have indepth knowledge of?? anatomy, physiology and Medical bch are borrowed courses..path and pharm is also borrowed..or wud you say d doctor has as much knowledge as those who spent yrs studying these courses?? obstr and gyn et others that you listed are also not indepth cos if they were, then the concept of residency becomes fallacy..it readily brings to mind the saying; jack of all trade...what do you think?
For the anatomy, physiology, biochemistry; I earlier said they learn everything needed in years 2 and 3. Even in some schools, to make it easier for the school mgt, they r required to join the students of these respective courses during their lectures so that there won't be need to duplicate these courses for only medical students. U may want to know how possible this is; a biochem student may have 2 courses on a particular day and the rest of the day is free period. On the free period of the biochem sudent, the anatomy students have their own course and were free during the biochem lectures and so on. The medical student would have no free period cos he/she would have to sit through all the courses. At the end of the day, he has learnt what the biochem, anatomy and physiology student did.
Next- pharmacology is just an aspect of pharmacy. In pharmacology, each drug/class of drugs is learnt under the following headings (disease; class; pharmacodynamics; pharmacokinetics; dosing; side effects; interactions; uses..etc(this is not exhaustive). What is learnt in pharmacology is actually enough for clinical practice in a hospital setting. There are other aspects of pharmacy involving drug compounding/production, monitoring..etc. These aspects do not concern the doctor in direct care of his patient so they don't learn about it. If they did, there will be no need for pharmacists. Same goes for lab medicine.
In the remaining courses (obs/gynae, paeds, medicine, surgery, etc) these courses are so broad and vast that if the medical student was to learn every single thing about it, then med school would extend close to 12 yrs or more. They are taught what is necessary to make them a fully rounded general practitioner. But there is still more to these courses which cannot be handled in its full depth by just one "head". So after MBBS, they then choose one specific field/specialty and spend 5-8 yrs post graduate period(residency) studying this specific area after which they become specialists/consultants. That is why a general practitioner/primary care physician can treat some ailments but if the ailment requires more, he then refers the patient to a specialist/consultant of the field in which that disease falls into. A general prac. Will treat hypertension but if he see a hypertensive patient who has developed a complication of renal failure and needs a kidney transplant, then the patient is referred to a urology/nephrology consultant(whose specialty is the kidneys and urinary system). At this point, I want to point out that it's the consultants mostly that are against the other health professionals being named consultants. Note that some of these health professional just rose through the ranks through normal civil service 3 yearly promotion without any further postgraduate learning/training. When @ level 15, these health professionals ask to be made consultants. Now ask yourself, how you wud react if you were a med doctor who went thru vigorous undergrad and even more cut-throat post graduate residency to become a consultant. That is what is happening. And this resistance by med doctors is not happening in Nigeria alone. This is also a problem happening in the USA from which other health professionals claim they want to copy these practices from. The link is below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/health/policy/02docs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2014
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 10:58am On Jul 05, 2014
Omonoba1: well done,, now among the outline, can you point at one part that the doctors have indepth knowledge of?? anatomy, physiology and Medical bch are borrowed courses..path and pharm is also borrowed..or wud you say d doctor has as much knowledge as those who spent yrs studying these courses?? obstr and gyn et others that you listed are also not indepth cos if they were, then the concept of residency becomes fallacy..it readily brings to mind the saying; jack of all trade...what do you think?
Additional links on the subject matter:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/30/opinion/nurses-are-not-doctors.html?referrer=
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 05, 2014
theexpected: Také this scenario, they bring in an emergency accident victim that has lost a lot of blood. Nd requires urgent blood transfusion, resident doctor admits the patient také blood samples and calls for the porter/messenger to také to the lab...... The messenger is no where to be found, will he say he's not interested, no he wont he then sends the already tired House Officer who has been busy all day to také d samples himself to the lab to group and crossmatch blood when d house officer gets there they refuse to release blood, claiming blood has almost finished the house officer then fights tooth and nail with them to collect a pint of blood which he runs to give d other doctor note that all these thing r not he's job bt that of the messenger bt if he doesnt do it, d patient will die then the relatives would say " a doctor refused to treat their son"

True story!
Gbam! As my people would say

All the time people...all the time

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 05, 2014
Joenz: Another pathological lie typical of the lying egomaniac Nigerian physicians.whrever u practice in Nigeria,hw can u say med students n physicians pay for patients' tests MOST times,dnt u guys av conscience at all?And then to ur example,so cos d second test confirms ur suspesion of anaemia,u then load d patient with all sorts of heamatinics and supplement without caring to know wat d root cause is.let's assume d issue abt renal disorder leading to inadequate production of heamopoietin,then u continue loading ur patient with blood,patient suffers citrate toxicity n dies after massive blood tranfusion.This is exactly why u will b in jail in a sane society cos d will b thoroughly investigated n actsof incompetence or negligence severely punished!

Seriously, what?
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2014
P.s- I'm just quoting the original post for continuity.

From the above links I put in my previous posts, the following deductions can be made:
1) USA, the country we seek to copy from' is a capitalist nation that tries to get the highest profit/productivity at the lowest cost.
2) the Nurse practitioners/ consultants were created in the USA because of non-availabilty of medical doctors in some areas and also the apparently "cheaper" cost of using the Nurse practitioners/consultants compared with medical doctors.
3) these consulting nurses ONLY work in primary care settings/ areas where there is no medical doctor. Should they work with doctors in the same hospital, they are usually under supervision by the doctor. It can be inferred from here that a medical consultant and an INDEPENDENT consulting nurse CANNOT be found in the same hospital.
4) come back to Nigeria, the health professionals agitating for consultant positions are found in teaching hospitals, federal medical centres, government hospitals,etc. These hospital already have enough medical doctors and consultants.
5) if we are to transfer what is being practised in USA to Nigeria, it should be done properly and not just the parts that are favourable to other health professionals.
As such, other health professionals should be consultants only in health institutions where no doctors are available. We have a lot of these in Nigeria ranging from primary health centres, motherless babies homes, secondary schools, old people's homes..etc. On priciple, they should not be made consultants and remain in teaching hospitals with medical doctors and consulatnts but no, They want to be made consultants in teaching hospitals.
What would be the effect of these? The patients would be exposed to conflicting management. The pharm consultant or nurse consultant may just oppose the management protocol of a medical doctor simply as a show of power just to impress on the medical doctor that he has authority over the patient also. Is this what you want to happen to our already staggering health system?

2 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by xanchu: 11:37am On Jul 05, 2014
a leb tech, nurse or pharmacist can have a PhD or professorship in their field, they are still support staff in the hospital, dts it, the head of the hospital is a medical doctor, if any want to head it, they should go n study medicine. A professor of medicine can work in the Army, there, he is a support staff n would never one day seek the position of the "chief of defense staff or chief of army staff". He knows his position(support staff) n stays there. Have u ever seen a clerk in the court wanting to be the chief judge?? Or a Man-servant in the roman catholic church seek the post of a bishop simply because he is as 'holy'? Have u seen a civil defense corp member wanting to take the lead in the war-front ahead of an army officer? Its only in the health sector that support staff wants to head the hospital.
And perhaps, being a consultant means, u have full responsibility over a patient, from admission to discharge and would face the consequences of the outcome, that's what I entails. Tell me what a consultant nurse would do? Or a consultant pharmacist or a consultant Lab technician? They seek this title because of the allowance thereof!
A medical doctor goes through at least 5 years training after his initial 6years + X in the medical school to become a consultant! Where is that training structure in JEHOSU A neurosurgeon trains for almost 10yrs after medical school to be able to operate on the human head and a nurse wants same pay with him! Nigerians!!!! Nothing more! Its pertinent to note that, if the general public and government accedes this quest of JEHOSU, patients MUST be shared among all consultants in the hospital as is the practice now. So, whenever u are sick, u'll eaither see a consultant lab technician/pharmacist/nurse/porter/ etc instead of a doctor or a doctor if u are lucky. Doctors are honorable people, they are the only staff of the health sector that don't run shifts! They work all day and all night. All other support staff as JEHOSU claims work only 8hrs per day. They run shifts n want to earn as much as a doctor. One doctor works the time equivalent to 5shifts a nurse when he is on call. Thus, he works with 5 different sets of nurses before he goes home. And these nurses wants similar pay! Haba. E.g a doctor who is on call goes to work 8am like nurse 1, works till 2pm when another nurse 2 takes over shift and works again till 6pm when nurse 3 comes for night duty, he works overnight call till 8am the next day when nurse 4 comes and continues till 2pm when nurse 5 comes for her shift and he finally leaves work by 6pm when nurse 5 closes for the day. if not for the stress n longevity of medical school, what about this work time difference? Why do we deceive ourselves in nigeria!!! A nurse then compares herself to a doctor as same Dts the simple definition of witchcraft!!! Let's settle the health sector issue, let's privatize the Helath sector or simply adopt the pay systemt of the americans ( if the government can pay that much). The salary of an medical house officer in america is more than a consultant physician in nigeria. For facts, please search on google, "the top 10 paying jobs in america" doctors are numbers 1 to 9, from different specialties. It might interest u to know that more than half of the doctors graduated from nigeria medical schools are currently working outside the country, Nigeria has the 2nd largest number of foreign doctors in the UK and so on. These are facts, google and see for ur self. Please! Let's wake up and redefine the terms and conditions of employment of all medical personnels, doctors and non doctors! Whoever doesn't want to work should go n be a consultant in his own backyard.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Omonoba1: 11:38am On Jul 05, 2014
the general84:

From the above links I put in my previous posts, the following deductions can be made:
1) USA, the country we seek to copy from' is a capitalist nation that tries to get the highest profit/productivity at the lowest cost.
2) the Nurse practitioners/ consultants were created in the USA because of non-availabilty of medical doctors in some areas and also the apparently "cheaper" cost of using the Nurse practitioners/consultants compared with medical doctors.
3) these consulting nurses ONLY work in primary care settings/ areas where there is no medical doctor. It can be inferred from here that a medical consultant and a consulting nurse CANNOT be found in the same hospital.
4) come back to Nigeria, these health professional agitating for consultant positions are found in teaching hospitals, federal medical centres, government hospitals. These hospital already have enough medical doctors and consultants.
5) if we are to transfer what is being practised in USA to Nigeria, it should be done properly and not just the parts that are favourable to other health professionals.
As such, other health professional should be consultants only in health institutions where no doctors is available. We have a lot of these in Nigeria ranging from primary health centres, motherless babies homes, secondary schools, old people's homes..etc. On priciple, they should not be made consultants and remain in teaching hospitals with medical doctors and consulatnts but NO. They want to be made consultants in teaching hospitals.
What would be the effect of these? The patients would be exposed to conflicting management. The pharm consultant or nurse consultant may just oppose the management protocol of a medical doctor simply as a show of power just to impress on the medical doctor that he has authority over the patient also. Is this what you want to happen to our already staggering health system?
you seem to misunderstand me..i have never and will never support consultancy position for nurses et others cos i too wud be a consultant in the nearest future and wouldn't want competition from JOHESU..infact if you go through my post, i tagged it overambitiousness..my post was directed towards that guy who was using this thread as an avenue to show off his arrogancy and rubbish other's profession...in any case, i have gone through the link and it was a good read..thanks!
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by thegeneral84: 11:43am On Jul 05, 2014
Omonoba1: you seem to misunderstand me..i have never and will never support consultancy position for nurses et others cos i too wud be a consultant in the nearest future and wouldn't want competition from JOHESU..infact if you go through my post, i tagged it overambitiousness..my post was directed towards that guy who was using this thread as an avenue to show off his arrogancy and rubbish other's profession...in any case, i have gone through the link and it was a good read..thanks!

U re welcome
Sori for the misunderstanding

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by rofemiguwa(f): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2014
I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that medical doctors think that once other professionals become consultants they will be show of power.. How is that exactly

A director or consultant is such in a particular field.my shuld a consultant physiotherapist fight with a consultant surgeon.
It is a very flawed argument. The same way a consultant gyneAcologist seeks the opinion of a consultant surgeon shuld surgery be need in treating her patient. Is the way it is suppose to be

I tink the man issue here is that doctors don't want opinion of any other profession. They jus want to say jump and you ask how high?
They don't respect other profession and think it wiL belittle them to ask for opinions of other other team membersm
This is a very flawed way of reasoning. Very flawed.

Concerning the director cadre. The. Civil service rule allows for every profession to get to director cadre.that is the peak of ur career. However there is a process, you must pass through the promotional excerise which is 3yrs God willing if witches from your village aint after you and there is vacancy.
They are directors even in education.even in engineering. In ministries.and all those people paSs tru a process.if youy are lucky to have finished 35yrs of service and ur promotion didn't get to director that is your luck. But u you get their you shud enjoy it.
Why then in medical sector. Only the doctors wanna be directors. Why don't they want the nurses to be directors or the pharmacist or the radiographers.
Mind you to get to this level is not beans ˚°◦ooo☺º°˚˚°ºo. Why still influence the already difficult process by sitting at the end of peoples career. Shud every other profeessional stop at chiefs? Will that maintain the sanity?. Do u mean to tell me that if others become directors dy will become insane?
Note that they can only be one or two directors at a time sef?
This to me is the height of wickedness. Why stagnate others for your selfish reasons.

Is there power tussle among the doctors that are board of dircetors already? Why den do u guys feel like they will be power tussle and less communication when directorship is given to others.
What is the definition of consultanT? It simply means in a lame mans term u have reached the stage where ur opinion can be seeked.

The end goal is the patient. No man is an island? Seeking other professional opinion is not a crime ? It won't kill u. If u want to open a website for your hospital am sure u consult an ICT consultant. Why can't u consult a consultant pharmacist if u tink this drug is not reliving your patient afterall this pharmacist knws more about the composition of the drugs. U discuss it and pick wats best for the patient. Will it kill u guys to not become demigods?
Remeber it is a team work team work and no team moves forward without respect for each other.

All this power tussle and wickedness in high places will only lead to bitterness and revenge and disgust among professionals who shud be more interested in achieving a common goal- making the patient better.

The sky is big for everyone.let other birds fly. Don't cage them so u alone could own the sky. You neva know when. The bird in the cage could have bin ur only saviour if it was also in the sky with you.

P.S consultAnts in every field are not given based on cadre but based on research and educational track. Even in the US consultant nurse have further studies apart from their basic.u must have proven urself worthy to be consulted.

I rest my case
the general84:

3) these consulting nurses ONLY work in primary care settings/ areas where there is no medical doctor. Should they work with doctors in the same hospital, they are usually under supervision by the doctor. It can be inferred from here that a medical consultant and an INDEPENDENT consulting nurse CANNOT be found in the same hospital.
4) come back to Nigeria, the health professionals agitating for consultant positions are found in teaching hospitals, federal medical centres, government hospitals,etc. These hospital already have enough medical doctors and consultants.
As such, other health professionals should be consultants only in health institutions where no doctors are available. We have a lot of these in Nigeria ranging from primary health centres, motherless babies homes, secondary schools, old people's homes..etc. On priciple, they should not be made consultants and remain in teaching hospitals with medical doctors and consulatnts but no, They want to be made consultants in teaching hospitals.

3 Likes

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by armadeo(m): 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
the general84:
The patients would be exposed to conflicting management. The pharm consultant or nurse consultant may just oppose the management protocol of a medical doctor simply as a show of power just to impress on the medical doctor that he has authority over the patient also. Is this what you want to happen to our already staggering health system?

The point i have been shouting since.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by agabaI23(m): 3:09pm On Jul 05, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

@ Enigma: thank you for that link.
Everyone who has made a contribution on this thread should read that article and then come back to comment.
I'm not sure you read the article in that link.
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by sexylogan(m): 3:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
dakillmaster: In this issue I pity the common Nigerian folk who don't seem to know the difference between a trained medical doctor and a lab technician/Radiographer/physiotherapist/nurse/hospital clerk or porter or admin staff/pharmacist ....afterall we are in a society where everyone is referred to as Dr or nurse irrespective of their qualification..that is the only reason why these issues arise. there is no clear job description or professionalism in performance of duties..the federal government is too weak and corrupt to handle this issue firmly.in a private setting this will not even be an issue for discussion because in a private setting it is clearly stated what your job/role in healthcare delivery is..smh

God Bless you...

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by sexylogan(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
rofemiguwa: I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that medical doctors think that once other professionals become consultants they will be show of power.. How is that exactly

A director or consultant is such in a particular field.my shuld a consultant physiotherapist fight with a consultant surgeon.
It is a very flawed argument. The same way a consultant gyneAcologist seeks the opinion of a consultant surgeon shuld surgery be need in treating her patient. Is the way it is suppose to be

I tink the man issue here is that doctors don't want opinion of any other profession. They jus want to say jump and you ask how high?
They don't respect other profession and think it wiL belittle them to ask for opinions of other other team membersm
This is a very flawed way of reasoning. Very flawed.

Concerning the director cadre. The. Civil service rule allows for every profession to get to director cadre.that is the peak of ur career. However there is a process, you must pass through the promotional excerise which is 3yrs God willing if witches from your village aint after you and there is vacancy.
They are directors even in education.even in engineering. In ministries.and all those people paSs tru a process.if youy are lucky to have finished 35yrs of service and ur promotion didn't get to director that is your luck. But u you get their you shud enjoy it.
Why then in medical sector. Only the doctors wanna be directors. Why don't they want the nurses to be directors or the pharmacist or the radiographers.
Mind you to get to this level is not beans ˚°◦ooo☺º°˚˚°ºo. Why still influence the already difficult process by sitting at the end of peoples career. Shud every other profeessional stop at chiefs? Will that maintain the sanity?. Do u mean to tell me that if others become directors dy will become insane?
Note that they can only be one or two directors at a time sef?
This to me is the height of wickedness. Why stagnate others for your selfish reasons.

Is there power tussle among the doctors that are board of dircetors already? Why den do u guys feel like they will be power tussle and less communication when directorship is given to others.
What is the definition of consultanT? It simply means in a lame mans term u have reached the stage where ur opinion can be seeked.

The end goal is the patient. No man is an island? Seeking other professional opinion is not a crime ? It won't kill u. If u want to open a website for your hospital am sure u consult an ICT consultant. Why can't u consult a consultant pharmacist if u tink this drug is not reliving your patient afterall this pharmacist knws more about the composition of the drugs. U discuss it and pick wats best for the patient. Will it kill u guys to not become demigods?
Remeber it is a team work team work and no team moves forward without respect for each other.

All this power tussle and wickedness in high places will only lead to bitterness and revenge and disgust among professionals who shud be more interested in achieving a common goal- making the patient better.

The sky is big for everyone.let other birds fly. Don't cage them so u alone could own the sky. You neva know when. The bird in the cage could have bin ur only saviour if it was also in the sky with you.

P.S consultAnts in every field are not given based on cadre but based on research and educational track. Even in the US consultant nurse have further studies apart from their basic.u must have proven urself worthy to be consulted.

I rest my case

That's where you are in the dark, my dear. Let me try to enlighten you.

Some nurses decided that since medical doctors become consultants, they too must become consultants (not considering that

the doctor's residency programmes have a strict curriculum with fixed clinical and practical rotations, and standard exams upon

the completion of the specified rotations)... but I digress.

As I was explaining, the nurses awarded themselves with "consultant" titles and in some teaching hospitals, would refuse to join

Doctors (consultant) ward rounds but rather do their own "ward rounds" with student nurses afterwards. When I heard this I was

like "WTF?"

Doctors' Ward rounds, in an Ideal situation, are meant to have a representation of all the health personnel involved in the medical

management of a patient ie. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical Lab scientists, etc. but the Doctor leads the rounds because

the patients are His. The doctor sees the patient in the OPD, the doctor admits, the doctor sends the patient for investigations

and the doctor writes out the management plan, the doctor prescribes, and when the patient's condition has improved to satisfactory

levels, the doctor discharges the patient.

Now, I'm a firm believer of division of labour. Every health personnel should do what he/she was trained to do. I will not do a nurses'

work, and she shouldnt do mine. The management of a patient is Multi-disciplinary and any attempt to cross over and do another

professionals work is the reason why there is chaos in the health sector today. I respect every health professional and I have no

grudges towards nurses, pharmacists and others. Each groups work is tasking in it's own way.

Concerning JOHESU, well, with the understanding I have, the greatest bone of contention isn't skipping of grade levels. It's

leadership positions such as Chief Medical Director that they want to be eligible for...a position that has been exclusive to doctors.

My take on the issue is this...scrap the title of "Chief Medical Director" and "Medical Director" as hospital heads and give it to

administrators. Being a doctor doesn't guarantee that you will run a hospital efficiently and in most cases, we doctors have been

discovered to be the worst administrators.

Let's allow Public/ Business Administrators to be in charge of running hospitals while doctors, nurses, pharmacists, medical lab scientists, etc

tend to patients.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by armadeo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
sexylogan:

Some nurses decided that since medical doctors become consultants, they too must become consultants (not considering that

the doctor's residency programmes have a strict curriculum with fixed clinical and practical rotations, and standard exams upon

As I was explaining, the nurses awarded themselves with "consultant" titles and in some teaching hospitals, would refuse to join

Doctors (consultant) ward rounds but rather do their own "ward rounds" with student nurses afterwards. When I heard this I was

like "WTF?"

Doctors' Ward rounds, in an Ideal situation, are meant to have a representation of all the health personnel involved in the medical

management of a patient ie. Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, Medical Lab scientists, etc. but the Doctor leads the rounds because

the patients are His. The doctor sees the patient in the OPD, the doctor admits, the doctor sends the patient for investigations

and the doctor writes out the management plan, the doctor prescribes, and when the patient's condition has improved to satisfactory

Now, I'm a firm believer of division of labour. Every health personnel should do what he/she was trained to do. I will not do a nurses'

work, and she shouldnt do mine. The management of a patient is Multi-disciplinary and any attempt to cross over and do another

professionals work is the reason why there is chaos in the health sector today. I respect every health professional and I have no

grudges towards nurses, pharmacists and others. Each groups work is tasking in it's own way.

Concerning JOHESU, well, with the understanding I have, the greatest bone of contention isn't skipping of grade levels. It's

leadership positions such as Chief Medical Director that they want to be eligible for...a position that has been exclusive to doctors.

My take on the issue is this...scrap the title of "Chief Medical Director" and "Medical Director" as hospital heads and give it to

administrators. Being a doctor doesn't guarantee that you will run a hospital efficiently and in most cases, we doctors have been

Let's allow Public/ Business Administrators to be in charge of running hospitals while doctors, nurses, pharmacists, medical lab scientists, etc

tend to patients.

I rest my case.

Logical i agree but the NIGERIAN factor is my greatest fear.

1 Like

Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by rofemiguwa(f): 12:25am On Jul 06, 2014
It is hard to believe you are a doctor. I wish half of the doctors had such great sense of reasoning. The world would have been a better place. I totally agree with U.

U my friend have great potentials of a great leader.God bless you.
Pls help us educate your collegues on TEAM work
sexylogan:

like "WTF?"

tend to patients.

I rest my case.
thank you
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Franklinus: 12:57am On Jul 06, 2014
Classic Meds: MEDICAL TEAM? SOMETIMES I BEG TO DIFFER… http://classicmeds..com/2014/07/medical-team-sometimes-i-beg-to-differ.html?spref=tw
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by sexylogan(m): 6:43am On Jul 06, 2014
rofemiguwa: It is hard to believe you are a doctor. I wish half of the doctors had such great sense of reasoning. The world would have been a better place. I totally agree with U.

U my friend have great potentials of a great leader.God bless you.
Pls help us educate your collegues on TEAM workthank you

Lmao.. thanks dear. wink
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Morotov1(m): 10:52am On Jul 06, 2014
the general84:
A medical doctor, after learning that extensively about the human body, will after graduation go into a post graduate residency program. Here, the medical Doctor now chooses a particular specialty(body system) and learns even more in-depth on that particular system in the body, so that by the time the med Doctor is through with residency, he/she knows EVERYTHING in every knowledge bank about the system he specialised in.
If you learnt biochemistry, microbiology, pharmacology and the rest which all encompassed into one takes a total of 12 years to complete in 3 years and even has the effrontery to call it extensively then you're one of the major pproblem we have in health sector
Re: JOHESU Press Release on the NMA STRIKE by Morotov1(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2014
the general84:
If you learnt biochemistry, microbiology, pharmacology and the rest which all encompassed into one takes a total of 12 years to complete in 3 years and even has the effrontery to call it extensively then you're one of the major pproblem we have in health sector.
On Nurse practitioners issue 18 state have given them independent, and some of them works in tertiary institution

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

COVID-19 Patient Dies In Commercial Bus In Niger / Mad Woman Who Gave Birth On The Street Of Yaba Taken Care Of (Photos) / How Do I Boost My Immune System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.