Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop (19335 Views)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Electricity Power Restoration Burnt Down His Wife's Shop And He Wants To Sue / Senator Saraki Humiliated On Prayer Ground With Shouts Of Ole...ole (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 2:02am On Jul 03, 2014
we will not stop shoutin "up NEPA" until constant power comes and we become use to it.

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kevoh(m): 2:02am On Jul 03, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I understand you but it still doesn't sound right if you say you haven't heard the phrase in 18 years

No qualms.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by badmuspeace(m): 2:04am On Jul 03, 2014
I must shout up Nepa!!!! wettin don dey ma brain since 19..., na 9ja cause am o
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 03, 2014
Sebi na person wey dem gv light dey shout up NEPA..as a dey so,e don reach a month wey I see light for mai area..
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by lawal28c: 2:19am On Jul 03, 2014
Its simply nigeria dat has made us behaved in diz manner ooooooooO,no b our fault som pipu av never experienced power failure in som foreign nations..............u don't expect me dat get power supply in 2 out of 48hours 2 kip my mouth shut wen I see ma bub shining oooooooo,I've gat 2 b flabagasted nd by so doin av no choice dan 2 praise d department responsible for d change in colour of my electric bub which iz NEPA...............UP NEPA JOR

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by gallantsoldier(m): 2:28am On Jul 03, 2014
Op it's in our blood inside me I stil shout up nepa it's just for fun I dnt just like this generator of a thing even do I dnt hear d sound I just dnt feel safe
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by gallantsoldier(m): 2:30am On Jul 03, 2014
Op it's in our blood inside me I stil shout up nepa it's just for fun I dnt just like this generator of a thing even do I dnt hear d sound I just dnt feel safe I hate it when I use generator
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 03, 2014
The hell? Wats dis doing on front page

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kobonaire(m): 2:43am On Jul 03, 2014
jhydebaba: ..... BTW, kids also fake "UP NEPA" and this can really hurt an adult after saying a silent "thank u Jesus" only to ON the light and find out he has been fooled.
Kids do this a lot especially when u have prolonged blackout.
funny funny guy grin grin grin
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kobonaire(m): 2:52am On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.
Bros, I love this your post/thread ..... dark humour (pun intended)
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by judedwriter(m): 2:55am On Jul 03, 2014
Up Nepaaaa!!! grin LOL. I guess dis statement was made popular years ago when lanterns were popular and gens were few and scarce. So whenever Nepa brought back their erractic power, it was like a celebration, even though all we had to watch was d boring NTA network grin. Hmmm...those were d gud oid days.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Kiingsolomon(f): 3:04am On Jul 03, 2014
@OP...I shuld hav commented on diz a long tym ago... Buh, Down NEPA fell ma hand. What Do u say wen there's light after a long tym. Halleluyah!?
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Soteriahascome: 3:22am On Jul 03, 2014
A child from our neighbouring Cotonou can swear to you that it's not possible for Electricity company to take light for 10minutes.....

Anyway, I still get Cheap Solar power banks, 30000MAH....
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by opylas(m): 3:32am On Jul 03, 2014
spikes C:

oga seun, that we had data loss doesn't mean meaningless threads should fill up the FP
Thank You o

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by olawalebabs(m): 3:36am On Jul 03, 2014
Let us have constant power supply, and it will stop. period
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by sunnywhyt(m): 4:38am On Jul 03, 2014
It can't stop,coz na UP NEPA we know em,even small pikin go shout, OTE TA... So make dem lif em lyk dat
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by justi4jesu(f): 4:38am On Jul 03, 2014
Ok so pls whats the alternative to shout..as you wan stop this one wey some people dey use know when light don come from 100km away from house grin

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by IAMBREEZY: 4:40am On Jul 03, 2014
and it made front page..smh
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by makzeze: 4:43am On Jul 03, 2014
Children in my house start learning talking with 'UP NEPA'
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by talk2riel: 5:00am On Jul 03, 2014
It will amount to cradle robbing any generation of nigeria that don't shout up NEPA

Our brains have being wired up to shout that Even toddlers know that. The first three word from their mouth;
Ma
Da
Nepa

2 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 03, 2014
Guy...na naija we dey
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by zicoraads: 5:18am On Jul 03, 2014
Hehe...u sha get time!

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Clinton594(m): 5:22am On Jul 03, 2014
See this one oh, OP wan make aah day say UP PHCN , lie lie

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by turl(m): 5:33am On Jul 03, 2014
lol 10 years abroad and I still get a fuzzy feeling just from saying the phrase "Up Nepa!!!"..It meant everything to me back in the day. Growing in the barracks and in a strict family meant I had to be indoors most of the time so all I did was either draw, read or sleep. Watching tv was a luxury that we could only afford when there was power..which wasn't very often. So I guess it's a part of me I don't want to let go. If I visit Naija tomorrow and they bring power, I'll still yell "up Nepa".

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by larrymoore(m): 5:59am On Jul 03, 2014
Not until great revolution happens in the power sector, to be led by boko boys.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by snadguy007(m): 6:10am On Jul 03, 2014
tonididdy: what tda fffff...dude seriously wtf...pounds? Naira? nepa? Your story? Similarities? Message?

No dude like wtf....seriously wtf aaarrrgggghhh....
Are u so d.aft that u cudnt understand this ?? SMH
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.
That is because only the name was changed, the service delivery is still the same.

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by caesaraba(m): 6:46am On Jul 03, 2014
jhydebaba: Poverty is the main curse cause.

I marvel at how even a 5 year old shout "UP NEPA", don't blame them pls, they also feel the heat.

The trend will continue to go from generation to generation until there is constant electricity.

BTW, kids also fake "UP NEPA" and this can really hurt an adult after saying a silent "thank u Jesus" only to ON the light and find out he has been fooled.
Kids do this a lot especially when u have prolonged blackout.

Lol. I can totally relate with that. These kids across the fence constantly did that until I just had to tune them out of my head.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by iyaire: 7:00am On Jul 03, 2014
This thread got me laughing because my ten months old baby just learnt the slang up nepa and screams it at every light he sees even inner car light

1 Like

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kuntash: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2014

Why front page sef?

how I wish all these grammar would add 1% of gas to Egbin power plant? can these grammar detonate bombs?

how many people have died or had heart attack as a result of the shouts of "UP NEPA"

now hear this!!

- as a matter of fact where I lived before, the shouts of "UP NEPA" helped me know when to change from Gen to NEPA, thereby saving cost
- where I live currently, is somewhat quiet and all man on im own, if NEPA goes or comes, you hear natin.... I had no option than to connect an alarm to the public supply to alert me .... N2500 + N1000 labour ......

so my bro, lets hope and wish the shouts of "UP NEPA" would be like a tale we tell our generations... but as it stands now they (PHCN) are not ready!

meanwhile "UP NEPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by xynerise: 7:04am On Jul 03, 2014
Those days as kids na ''UP LEPER!!'' we dey even shout

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna APC Suspends Senator Shehu Sani / Oyo Opposition Parties Adopt Ibrahim Yahaya Oloriegbe PDP Governorship Candidate / Abdulkadir Abdulsalam Is Dead (Labour Party National Chairman Dies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.