Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop (19365 Views)

Danladi Umar Shouts At Raphael Oluyede, Saraki's Lawyer / Electricity Power Restoration Burnt Down His Wife's Shop And He Wants To Sue / Senator Saraki Humiliated On Prayer Ground With Shouts Of Ole...ole (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kechywillz(m): 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.
Unless the generation that started the phrase is gone,i dont see it dissipate coz thats the norm in every naija born blood,no matter how educated u are.My parents,uncle,anties started it b4 me,so be accustomed to it and stop grouching
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by kechywillz(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Let me be frank,i remember vividly fews years ago,do u know that the Chant 'Up Nepa' got me dancing like a kid with my friends when their was power outage for a long period of time in my area,it was thing of fun,forget that the state power is deploring daily,but it adds a little spice to life for we in naija. But i pray someday it will be a thing of the past.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by alubeze1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
So what should take the stead of "UP NEPA"? Cos corrective
measures can start from you and I.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
jhydebaba: Poverty is the main curse cause.

I marvel at how even a 5 year old shout "UP NEPA", don't blame them pls, they also feel the heat.

The trend will continue to go from generation to generation until there is constant electricity.

BTW, kids also fake "UP NEPA" and this can really hurt an adult after saying a silent "thank u Jesus" only to ON the light and find out he has been fooled.
Kids do this a lot especially when u have prolonged blackout.
u are right LOL!!. They do It here!
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by newacca: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
This reminds me of a song from popular Yoruba Fuji Musician, Pasuma in one of his albums: Orobokibo grin cheesy

Up NEPA, ti NEPA ba mu'na lo, odi dan-dan kan mu'na de.

(If there is power cut from NEPA,it's mandatory for NEPA to supply power again) cheesy

O ga ooo UP NEPA since eons!
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by ayobase(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
spikes C: so all Nigerians are now spiritualists as everyone invokes the spirit called NEPA, which can now haunt on the new management companies.

The irony of weirdos tagging others as weird.

btw, the exclamation is Up NEPA wink

oga seun, that we had data loss doesn't mean meaningless threads should fill up the FP

Olori oko Seun, where is your note pad?
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by andyanders: 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
In fact, the word, UP NEPA is the first Language a todler will learn even at the age of 1 month in Nigeria. Useless officials
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by omenala(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2014
that was the first Phrase my One year old nephew learnt, when he and his mom Came to Spend the hols with us. true story!
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Welrez(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
It's quite unfortunate many missed the humour. I now believe that many Nigerians are intolerant of change.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NwaNimo1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: It's quite unfortunate many missed the humour. I now believe that many Nigerians are intolerant of change.

Your right . . . .

Come to think of it - why do i call 'Okada' (motorcycle taxi) Okada?

I've been 'Nigerianized.......
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Welrez(m): 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

Your right . . . .

Come to think of it - why do i call 'Okada' (motorcycle taxi) Okada?

I've been 'Nigerianized.......
The truth I must confess I have unearthed is that many a Nigerian wants this country to remain the way it is so they can always have a bad tale to tell about it. The thinking of some seems analogous to a sadist's. Nigerianisation should mean something high in substance.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by milky3(f): 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
Then the Nigerian Govt shd make power stable.... Btw, NEPA is the only suitable pronounce name.... Imagine some1 saying UP PHCN
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by loswhite(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
Welrez: I hope you were not programmed to become Shekau's by the same Nigeria.
so you open thread becos of up Nepa......smh.... Pls find sumtin better to do jor
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Beync(f): 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
Especially when it has taken up to 2 to 3 days before they restore power, at that point when the light shines unexpectedly mehn I dey follow shout wow! Up nepaaaahgrin
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Magnanimity(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
Nwa_Nimo:

No....but after how many decades of 'Nepa' the habit of cursing them won't cease over night.
Nwa nnaa gwa fa na Nimo nwere mmadu
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by phorget(m): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
A nigerian man travelled to the united states without having the neccessary papers, on getting to the airport the authorites discovered that there has been an illegal immigrant and there was immediate man hunt for this nigerian man. Due to the large population at the airport the naija Guy was able to mix up among the crowd and the securities couldnt find him. An american now suggested that the power at the airport should be switched off for about 2minutes,after the 2minutes the power was been restored...lo and behold!the naija Guy was heard shouting UP NEPA thus given away his hidden position and he was caught red-handed. NAH OUR BLOOD E DEY JARE.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by OCTAVO: 8:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
jhydebaba: Poverty is the main curse cause.

I marvel at how even a 5 year old shout "UP NEPA", don't blame them pls, they also feel the heat.

The trend will continue to go from generation to generation until there is constant electricity.

[b ]BTW, kids also fake "UP NEPA" and this can really hurt an adult after saying a silent "thank u Jesus" only to ON the light and find out he has been fooled.
Kids do this a lot especially when u have prolonged blackout.[/b]
grin grin grin
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Feranchek(m): 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
Dhanew: is it our fault? Since the phcn isnt stable why shouldnt we express joy and surprise when we manage to see it?

Choi!! Grammer!! Oya correct yasef kiakia!!
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by NwaNimo1(m): 9:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
phorget: A nigerian man travelled to the united states without having the neccessary papers, on getting to the airport the authorites discovered that there has been an illegal immigrant and there was immediate man hunt for this nigerian man. Due to the large population at the airport the naija Guy was able to mix up among the crowd and the securities couldnt find him. An american now suggested that the power at the airport should be switched off for about 2minutes,after the 2minutes the power was been restored...lo and behold!the naija Guy was heard shouting UP NEPA thus given away his hidden position and he was caught red-handed. NAH OUR BLOOD E DEY JARE.

lol........ grin
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by Dhanew: 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
Feranchek:

Choi!! Grammer !! Oya correct yasef kiakia!!
its grammar and not grammer..
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by tosyne2much(m): 12:46am On Jul 04, 2014
Dis syndrome of shouting ' UP NEPA '' runs virtually in d blood of those who lived a life full of fun at dia tender age.... As a matter of fact, sometimes I stl say dis tins unconsciously and jst smile afterwards
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by aigbecity(m): 2:27am On Jul 04, 2014
I am very sure you don't have better things to talk about.
Re: The Shouts Of Up NEPA On Power Restoration Has To Stop by willorie(f): 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Welrez: We just have to stop this nonsense. If it was a behaviour displayed only by children, it would have been easy to comprehend. It is an anomaly for an adult to indulge in such a puerile act. It might mislead an alien to think we are still in the Stone Age.

I am referring to this our condemnable habit of shouting NEPA whenever power is restored. I am short of words to describe this show of shame. Even now that the body of NEPA has been laid to rest, we have continued to invoke its spirit to haunt the extant power companies. And as if to corroborate my suspicion of an uncannily diabolical nexus between the gone and the existing, the shout of NEPA is usually crowned with an ephemeral stay of power before returning us to pits of darkness.

That habit is now a generational curse unless we give it a natural death by giving constant light

me self no fid abstain from shouting "UP NEPA"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barayan Bauchi & Education Minister, Adamu Visit Tinubu In Abuja / Atiku Returns To Nigeria Ahead Of Crucial PDP NEC Meeting / Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.