Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) (63878 Views)

Most Dangerous Snakes In The World -(pictures) / Update On Snakes Tangled In Electric Lines In Benin / Man Wraps Himself With Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by wuramini(f): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
:Dare they derth?
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Am sure there's a perfectly logical explanation, people just attribute these things they can't explain as being supernatural. So far, someone as said there was probably a mating quest by the snakes which seems logical. It reminds me of when an african open bill stork fell into our workplace compound in VI and everyone said it was a witch

6 Likes

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by odogwu9(m): 1:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Whr else wil it happen,if not in benin land...home n land of witches and witchcraft..home of wizardry...I am guessing they went to meeting in dia snake form..dey were probably goin home late from d meetin n mornin caught up wit dem
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by godlyheritage: 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
I thought they have an AEB dept? This should be a subject of research.

If the researchers on NatGeo wild thought everything was spiritual it wont be on DSTV now, would it?
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Krak(m): 1:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
This is serious.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ewwwwwww! I hate SNAKES! shocked cry
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by odogwu9(m): 1:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
Did the african bill wateva bird..did it fly into ur compound dead..some birds r not just found in some areas..birds are migratory( maybe the bird was travelln and somethn happened)
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by newacca: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
NewsINigeria: [img]http://1.bp..com/--3f6g59I8LM/U7SVTvSzd3I/AAAAAAADGxw/HsQEgrlh1uE/s1600/0.jpg[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/-KPs8ZD83tAw/U7SVT11OlrI/AAAAAAADGx0/OTpulT5cWzE/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A Blog reader who lives in Benin sent in the pics. Says they, residence of Market Road in Ekosodin, Benin City, woke up this morning July 2nd to find several snakes bunched up and tangled in the electric wires in the street.
"We have been confused and keep on wondering just how they got there. We eventually looked for a way to get rid of them by removing them and using the electric power to burn them. We don't know the means by which they got there o, whether its through spiritual means, we are still wondering. May God help us" He said
Reminds me of that final scene in the Indian movie, Snake Girl. Remember when the snake girl fell from a building as a snake, landed on a railing and then changed into a human being? #runningthinz

Nagin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2014
@levelszik:
I didn't say anything o lipsrsealed

Oh boy this your picture mad oo.

Na to match accelerator clear the cows commot for road
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by toprealman: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ono no be snake pikin be that oh....see live roasted meat. Chai!
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
This snakes knew what PHCN is upto that's y they dey play wit wires. I guess they are in a meeting. Nothing should happen to them in jesus name
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2014
NewsINigeria: [img]http://1.bp..com/--3f6g59I8LM/U7SVTvSzd3I/AAAAAAADGxw/HsQEgrlh1uE/s1600/0.jpg[/img][img]http://3.bp..com/-KPs8ZD83tAw/U7SVT11OlrI/AAAAAAADGx0/OTpulT5cWzE/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
A Blog reader who lives in Benin sent in the pics. Says they, residence of Market Road in Ekosodin, Benin City, woke up this morning July 2nd to find several snakes bunched up and tangled in the electric wires in the street.
"We have been confused and keep on wondering just how they got there. We eventually looked for a way to get rid of them by removing them and using the electric power to burn them. We don't know the means by which they got there o, whether its through spiritual means, we are still wondering. May God help us" He said
Reminds me of that final scene in the Indian movie, Snake Girl. Remember when the snake girl fell from a building as a snake, landed on a railing and then changed into a human being? #runningthinz

Cruel-minded person for planning to burn the snakes. The fact, that most people couldn't figure it out that the snakes got up there by climbing one of the poles holding the electric cables is very disturbing. It tells they lack the common sense to know that is the only possible means of getting up there than reading other meanings to it. I am perturbed by the fact some are already thinking it is devil's work or some witches must have turned into them. That is laughable! I don't know there are still many primitive people like those in Nigeria.

The reason why the snakes cannot be electrocuted is because they are reptiles. Reptiles have scales on different parts of their body that insulate them against electric shock! Jeez!

I feel sorry for the innocent snakes

4 Likes

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by idupaul: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
Abbey2sam:

People like you always remain one position for life

Always trying to politicalize everything

Clealy you have an IQ of below 30 and its not my fault ..Damn your dull brain can't even tell apart sarcasm.. For info what I have achieved already and what I will achieve pretty soon no one in your dull lineage can ever fathom .. Oya go and buy Ewa goyin

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by 9jatatafo(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
I believe the snakes jumped up there! #JumpingThinz
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Essential(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
Mad Cow: Benin People no dey carry last.. cool

#InOtherNews, A Guy who broke up with his Girlfriend of 9 Years in Benin, died from Electric shock last night. Apparently, he was trying to Change the channel on his TV when mysteriously, Electricity passed through his remote control and killed him inside his flat. PHCN are still very confused as to how it happened. grin
no wonder ur mama live ur papa, foolishness runs in ur father blood.

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by imustsaymymindo: 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
Uchiha Madara: This is really mind boggling, I mean how did they get up there?

I don't believe snakes can climb vertically, as in climb the wooden pole.

Really mysterious.
They can.i have seen snakes on electric poles getting electrocuted. Infact they move freely on barb wires and glass-fenced walls.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by bendalo(f): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: Cruel-minded person for planning to burn the snakes. The fact, that most people couldn't figure it out that the snakes got up there by climbing one of the poles holding the electric cables is very disturbing. It tells they lack the common sense to know that is the only possible means of getting up there than reading other meanings to it. I am perturbed by the fact some are already thinking it is devil's work or some witches must have turned into them. That is laughable! I don't know there are still many primitive people like those in Nigeria.

The reason why the snakes cannot be electrocuted is because they are reptiles. Reptiles have scales on different parts of their body that insulate them against electric shock! Jeez!

. I never thought I'd say this, BUT so glad too see you ... (Tha way u dislike/hate my country though)...
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
bendalo: . I never thought I'd say this, BUT so glad too see you ... (Tha way u dislike/hate my country though)...
Lol... Jeez! Are you serious? I don't hate your country. For saying the truth about South Africa doesn't mean I hate it. Do I hate Nigeria for saying what is truth about the people? Like my post in this very thread? No, I don't!

Please, learn to differentiate telling the truth from hates. Saying I hate your country is an alleged slander and unfounded lie!
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Rapmoney(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
I would have been wondering if I had not seen something similar. In 2008, while doing my youth service in Kwara State, I saw, with my very eyes, a snake coiling itself round a high tension wire. I wonder what it was looking for. Benin is not like Omu-Aran in Kwara State sha. Kwara people dey enjoy nepa light wella. Within few minutes, the snake was burnt beyond recognition. Na dat day I fear high tension.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
9jatatafo: I believe the snakes jumped up there! #JumpingThinz
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Abbey2sam(m): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
idupaul:

Clealy you have an IQ of below 30 and its not my fault ..Damn your dull brain can't even tell apart sarcasm.. For info what I have achieved already and what I will achieve pretty soon no one in your dull lineage can ever fathom .. Oya go and buy Ewa goyin

I guess you know me that much.........

Congrats
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Uchiha Madara:

Wow! That's quite epic!

I never thought a snake could climb up to ones window, that shh was hanging on to the crevices in the wall.
They can climb rough walls but not smooth ones. Emulsion paints roughen walls giving the snake an edge.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Rapmoney: I would have been wondering if I had not seen something similar. In 2008, while doing my youth service in Kwara State, I saw, with my very eyes, a snake coiling itself round a high tension wire. I wonder what it was looking for. Benin is not like Omu-Aran in Kwara State sha. Kwara people dey enjoy nepa light wella. Within few minutes, the snake was burnt beyond recognition. Na dat day I fear high tension.
The possible way the snake can be electrocuted, as you saw in Kwara, is by grabbing the expose electric cable with its mouth. Reptiles have scales on their body that insulate them against electric shocks. And snake is a reptile.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by bendalo(f): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: Lol... Jeez! Are you serious? I don't hate your country. For saying the truth about South Africa doesn't mean I hate it. Do I hate Nigeria for saying what is truth about the people? Like my post in this very thread? No, I don't!

Please, learn to differentiate telling the truth from hates. Saying I hate your country is an alleged slander and unfounded lie!
. Lmaooo... Ryt on que... As I said glad 2 see you back...
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Obiagelli:
i will send you a link in the evening, i have all the soundtrack of the promise, in fact they are my favourite. Most times people ask if i speak Hindu self. I will find the link and send it to you.
(ye vaada raha) I have all of dem too, u can get them from youtube n in HD too
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by imustsaymymindo: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: Cruel-minded person for planning to burn the snakes. The fact, that most people couldn't figure it out that the snakes got up there by climbing one of the poles holding the electric cables is very disturbing. It tells they lack the common sense to know that is the only possible means of getting up there than reading other meanings to it. I am perturbed by the fact some are already thinking it is devil's work or some witches must have turned into them. That is laughable! I don't know there are still many primitive people like those in Nigeria.

They can get electrocuted. Not sure if it depends on d current passing through the poles but i have seen lifeless snakes on electric poles that died through electrocution
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
bendalo: . Lmaooo... Ryt on que... As I said glad 2 see you back...
cool cool cool
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Isiterere(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
Apatheist:
Who says they can't climb vertically?
Video Of Snake Climbing A Wall
it's a brick wall though,
@op with that kind of wooden pole , it will be very possible

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by DocAdray(f): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2014
Incredible!

Benin people, over to you guys...
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
The snakes dem go tap small current....hehehe, but on a serious note, that's some real metaphysical shitt there, or maybe their spiritual molue knock engine for their BRT lane (electric wire)
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Rapmoney(m): 1:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija:
The possible way the snake can be electrocuted, as you saw in Kwara, is by grabbing the expose electric cable with its mouth. Reptiles have scales on their body that insulate them against electric shocks. And snake is a reptile.

Yeah, that actually got me wondering for days because while I was little, we used electric current on a lizard and nothing happened to the damn creature. I think the snake had contact with the wire with some other part of its body other than the scales.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
imustsaymymindo:
They can get electrocuted. Not sure if it depends on d current passing through the poles but i have seen lifeless snakes on electric poles that died through electrocution
The possible way a snake can be electrocuted is by grabbing the power cable with the mouth as it glides through it with their body coiled around it. That is, as it tries to move forward the mouth might be used as a support to hold on to the cable and through process it can easily get electrocuted because there is no scale on the snake's mouth(snakes mouth is usually wet to say the least).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Terrifying Fish Has 555 Razor Sharp Teeth Covering Its Entire Mouth (Pics) / Young Hunters Kill A Python In A Bush (Photos) / Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.