Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) (63879 Views)

Most Dangerous Snakes In The World -(pictures) / Update On Snakes Tangled In Electric Lines In Benin / Man Wraps Himself With Snakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by sleekman(m): 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2014
jmaine:

So you no bin know say touch light rays dey generate heat angry.

Anyway we thank God for sparing ya life grin
its not d rays rather it is d battery. All batteries heat up when in use. That's why people are advised 2 switch of their mobile fones or tuck it away when close 2 petrol.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
lumeneng22: .You were both electrocuted? and you are here telling us the story, maybe in a dream or you were having hay fever.
He meant to say shocked. If not he won't be able to write in the forum because he should be dead by now from electrocution.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by jmaine: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
sleekman: its not d rays rather it is d battery. All batteries heat up when in use. That's why people are advised 2 switch of their mobile fones or tuck it away when close 2 petrol.

You no dey get the joke . . .

1 Like

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
@levelszik:

Bros,don't underestimate these people o.e be like say u never see where throtle pedal turn to frog before.

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! OTUMOKPO DANGER!!!
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2014
sleekman: its not d rays rather it is d battery. All batteries heat up when in use. That's why people are advised 2 switch of their mobile fones or tuck it away when close 2 petrol.

Broda, u too serious oo
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Gbanj11: 10:43pm On Jul 03, 2014
Probably mating season...
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by leederrty1997: 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
Na waooo, na only God fit save us. Www.dtalk.tk
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
handi work of APC, trying 2 gamble d power sector 2 further worsen d already bad situatn..... God don catch una
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by saintneo(m): 11:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: I understand what you are talking about. But the scales on the legs of birds act as insulators. If you place a bird feet on different electric flows at the same time it will not have effect on it just as the way it does with it on the electricity cable because of insulated legs(scales). You haven't try such test yet come here to mouth. Why do power workers and engineer wear gloves as insulators? That is what I am trying to explain to you. If the part of the bird that is not insulated touches the other flow there is going to be likely electrocution. Mind the term 'insulator' in my previous comment. If I have gloves on my both hands and I touch both flows I won't be electrocuted even when I am grounded

Like I have said you are a child at this, stop trying to hard to prove a gladiator wrong in his arena. It will be good if you go and study this well.

Current selects a part of least resistance, if there 0.001ohm on a cable and 10,000ohm on the scales of a bird, the current will definitely choose to flow via the cable. I'll give you an experiment, stand on a huge dry wood or dry rubber at least 6inch from the floor so as to isolate you from the earth, do not make contact with anything that links you to the earth(walls, ceiling, etc) then touch a LIVE wire, I can assure that you will not feel anything.

The PHCN workers wear gloves because their body is connected to the earth via the ladder, the electric pole, etc; if there were no gloves then the current will flow via their body to earth(almighty sink), thus electrocuting them.

Now lemme give you a surprise. Do you know that you can get yourself electrocuted by bringing a magnet close to a switch made of a ferro-magnetic material? Yes, I realised this the day stupidly took magnet close to a tumble-switch......na run I run. That's electrocution by induction no contact involved absolutely. Imagine standing between to 330kV lines without touching them, my God if those lines are not well spaced you will be in for a fry. Your body, the air insulation will breakdown, forming a streak of light like lightening(corona discharge) thus creating a conductive part to make you meet God in a flash.

Try searching for videos on YouTube for men working on high-tension lines and you will be amazed.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by blakky97(m): 12:03am On Jul 04, 2014
cococandy: Funny.
They could have climbed the pole.
Maybe the female was running away from mating And the male pursued her up there.
They pro'lly got entangled doing the love dance.
Don't underestimate the power of konji.
Its like you have experience in the matter oh! Tell us more, how did you get entangled with him
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by sammoe(m): 12:07am On Jul 04, 2014
@levelszik:

Voltron ma na learner for where these ones dey.
Choi!
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 04, 2014
saintneo:

Like I have said you are a child at this, stop trying to hard to prove a gladiator wrong in his arena. It will be good if you go and study this well.

Current selects a part of least resistance, if there 0.001ohm on a cable and 10,000ohm on the scales of a bird, the current will definitely choose to flow via the cable. I'll give you an experiment, stand on a huge dry wood or dry rubber at least 6inch from the floor so as to isolate you from the earth, do not make contact with anything that links you to the earth(walls, ceiling, etc) then touch a LIVE wire, I can assure that you will not feel anything.

The PHCN workers wear gloves because their body is connected to the earth via the ladder, the electric pole, etc; if there were no gloves then the current will flow via their body to earth(almighty sink), thus electrocuting them.

Now lemme give you a surprise. Do you know that you can get yourself electrocuted by bringing a magnet close to a switch made of a ferro-magnetic material? Yes, I realised this the day stupidly took magnet close to a tumble-switch......na run I run. That's electrocution by induction no contact involved absolutely. Imagine standing between to 330kV lines without touching them, my God if those lines are not well spaced you will be in for a fry. Your body, the air insulation will breakdown, forming a streak of light like lightening(corona discharge) thus creating a conductive part to make you meet God in a flash.

Try searching for videos on YouTube for men working on high-tension lines and you will be amazed.
Blahblahblah...You still didn't get it. You are explaining something else which I don't disagree with. Stop talking about Ohms here because it is used in the level of circuitry. I would rather you use ampere the SI unit of current. Please, you aren't doing yourself any good by running around with some jargon to pass your message across.

The reason why I talked about insulator as regard the bird not electrocuted, although, is not all the story on the reason why, there is no disagreement with your explanation of somebody not electrocuted because they are not grounded. That is a complete fact of conduction. The glove is a reference to buttress the scales(as insulator) on the legs of the bird. Though every insulator has a break point. This helps us to understand that glasses, ceramic, etc being good insulators still break down at some point relative or proportionate to the electric current.

All I am saying is that the scale is a potential indicator for the bird not be electrocuted even when grounded because it act as insulator.While it is clear the directional flow is the major cause as the bird only perches with both feet on the same line of current.

You are possibly begging the question by pointing to the ladder because that is what I state with the glove, it act as inhibitor to the current flow through the PHCN worker to the ground and that can be deadly. It is just the same thing with different point of views.

You aren't saying something new. Ferromagnetic always keeps constant magnetic field and therefore taking a magnet close to it can be dangerous because it can respond(the atoms) quickly to it. You are taking my explanation for something else. You aren't making more sense of what I am talking about as regard witches possibly turning into the snakes or devil's work as people want us to have it. It could as well be there is no current on the power grid or what I stated earlier is the main consequence of the snakes not electrocuted. They can as well get as insulator can break down at any given point as regarding the scales on the snakes body.

However, I would like you to explain to us why you think the snakes were not electrocuted despite they tangle on both positive and negative flow of current on the electric cables.

Thank you.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by saintneo(m): 4:07am On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija:
Blahblahblah...You still didn't get it. You are explaining something else which I don't disagree with. Stop talking about Ohms here because it is used in the level of circuitry. I would rather you use ampere the SI unit of current. Please, you aren't doing yourself any good by running around with some jargon to pass your message across.

The reason why I talked about insulator as regard the bird not electrocuted, although, is not all the story on the reason why, there is no disagreement with your explanation of somebody not electrocuted because they are not grounded. That is a complete fact of conduction. The glove is a reference to buttress the scales(as insulator) on the legs of the bird. Though every insulator has a break point. This helps us to understand that glasses, ceramic, etc being good insulators still break down at some point relative or proportionate to the electric current.

All I am saying is that the scale is a potential indicator for the bird not be electrocuted even when grounded because it act as insulator.While it is clear the directional flow is the major cause as the bird only perches with both feet on the same line of current.

You are possibly begging the question by pointing to the ladder because that is what I state with the glove, it act as inhibitor to the current flow through the PHCN worker to the ground and that can be deadly. It is just the same thing with different point of views.

You aren't saying something new. Ferromagnetic always keeps constant magnetic field and therefore taking a magnet close to it can be dangerous because it can respond(the atoms) quickly to it. You are taking my explanation for something else. You aren't making more sense of what I am talking about as regard witches possibly turning into the snakes or devil's work as people want us to have it. It could as well be there is no current on the power grid or what I stated earlier is the main consequence of the snakes not electrocuted. They can as well get as insulator can break down at any given point as regarding the scales on the snakes body.

However, I would like you to explain to us why you think the snakes were not electrocuted despite they tangle on both positive and negative flow of current on the electric cables.

Thank you.

no need to waste my time here.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 6:23am On Jul 04, 2014
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija:

Thank you.

Jeez, you could have directed him to the relevant pages of Anyakoha's New School Physics if you are this serious about convincing a faceless person on a faceless forum about concepts he apparently knows.
All these stuffs you just spewed out does not make his points less valid and yours more valid.
pheeew.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Joelaking(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija:

Thank you.
the way you reply comments sef, sound so arrogant to me.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2014
Feraz: Epic!!!! Don't you think Orochimaru will be able to dodge it? grin

Dodge the Amateratsu of an Uchiha? I doubt it.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2014
Joelaking: the way you reply comments sef, sound so arrogant to me.
Oh, yeah! Not when you say I am a child at explaining the scenario. Now, you are being childish to me.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 04, 2014
McWhillion:

Jeez, you could have directed him to the relevant pages of Anyakoha's New School Physics if you are this serious about convincing a faceless person on a faceless forum about concepts he apparently knows.
All these stuffs you just spewed out does not make his points less valid and yours more valid.
pheeew.

This is another writing for writing sake. There is no need of directing the person to unknown Physics book by me. You are aberrant to see what I am driving at even though you couldn't understand why I have to explain better while many are already reading religious meaning to it.

In fact, what I wrote here expatiates on both views and there is no way it's invalidated any of his view if he thinks along the same line. But, he misunderstood me all along and that makes the difference though.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: This is another writing for writing sake. There is no need of directing the person to unknown Physics book by me. You are aberrant to see what I am driving at even though you couldn't understand why I have to explain better while many are already reading religious meaning to it.

In fact, what I wrote here expatiates on both views and there is no way it's invalidated any of his view if he thinks along the same. But, he misunderstood me all along and that makes the difference though.

Well he still chooses to misunderstand you if you pay attention to his reply. What I'm saying is you do not need to write an epistle to convince anybody about what they know, i believe you're one of those people who like making their points over and over again when it isn't necessary.

By the way are you a Nigerian.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2014
McWhillion:

Well he still chooses to misunderstand you if you pay attention to his reply. What I'm saying is you do not need to write an epistle to convince anybody about what they know, i believe you're one of those people who like making their points over and over again when it isn't necessary.

By the way are you a Nigerian.
Nope! I am not trying to convince people about what they already know about. If they know about it,as you claim. Why are some of them going about the scenario from a witchery perspective? It means you are speculating all rather assuming them to while they say something otherwise.

Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: Nope! I am not trying to convince people about what they already know about. If they know about it,as you claim. Why are some of them going about the scenario from a witchery perspective? It means you are speculating all rather assuming them to while they say something otherwise.

Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 04, 2014
McWhillion:

Are you a Nigerian?
Yes, I am. I decided to ignore that question in my previous post for a reason. Now you have it. What 's the next thing in your mind about what I write about the topic ?
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: Yes, I am. I decided to ignore that question in my previous post for a reason. Now you have it. What 's the next thing in your mind about what I write about the topic ?

I'm surprised that you've not heard of Anyakoha's New School Physics.

You need to learn to give straight forward answers, you don't need an epistle to give a "Yes" or "No" answer bro.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
McWhillion:

I'm surprised that you've not heard of Anyakoha's New School Physics.

You need to learn to give straight forward answers, you don't need an epistle to give a "Yes" or "No" answer bro.
Lol... I haven't heard of it because I have only been to Nigeria thrice in my entire life. Thank you for pointing that out. It is okay. Does Nigeria really have good physicists?
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by McWhillion(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: Lol... I haven't heard of it because I have only been to Nigeria thrice in my entire life. Thank you for pointing that out. It is okay. Does Nigeria really have good physicists?

Ahaha that explains it.
Of course you should know Nigeria have good physicists, it is a known fact that we excel so well in academics both on and off the shores.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 2:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
McWhillion:

Ahaha that explains it.
Of course you should know Nigeria have good physicists, it is a known fact that we excel so well in academics both on and off the shores.

All4Naija is a sad cross-bred Child.

The dude is Half African, Half Caucasian.

He is the hybrid product of an ungodly relationship.

That creature thinks less of African and thinks himself superior to the Blacks.

Please ignore that anchor baby, God does not like him.

He is going to hell and I will be waiting there to whoop his arse on arrival. angry
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow:

All4Naija is a sad cross-bred Child.

The dude is Half African, Half Caucasian.

He is the hybrid product of an ungodly relationship.

That creature thinks less of African and thinks himself superior to the Blacks.

Please ignore that anchor baby, God does not like him.

He is going to hell and I will be waiting there to whoop his arse on arrival. angry
Sadist! lipsrsealed angry
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
McWhillion:

Ahaha that explains it.
Thank you. I am yet to find any recognized one online for his physics researches or for peer reviews in notable science magazines.

I would love to see the names of those physicists you are talking about.

Thank you once again.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by MadCow1: 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2014
all4naija: Sadist! lipsrsealed angry

Naaa...

The only sad individual here is a Raceless prick like you.
Re: Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mad Cow:

Naaa...

The only sad individual here is a Raceless prick like you.
Why do you have to quote me at all? You are really a loner indeed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Terrifying Fish Has 555 Razor Sharp Teeth Covering Its Entire Mouth (Pics) / Young Hunters Kill A Python In A Bush (Photos) / Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.