Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,363 members, 7,957,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? (30811 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Orikinla(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2014
Marriage cannot separate my ex-girlfriend from me, because our love is unbreakable.
She still comes to see me and I respect her marriage and her husband knows that we love each other.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 04, 2014
After marriage,I don't think I will remember his name even.
I will definitely change a lot of things after marriage,my phone number included.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Bertbert: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2014
chelseabmw: To me it's not a bad idea tho depends on the line of communication...

I called her on her birthday just to wish her longevity

She's on my bbm list... we only chat about her work n family

When I'm in nigeria I always see her esp at her bank because she's my account officer n I run most of my bank transaction through that particular bank

We don't discuss about our relationship way back because I have moved on n she's married

My opinion tho
. One day one MONKEY go go market ,e no go return......bros wellldone oooo ,i dey hail thee oooo....

3 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Davidolives(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2014
withot reading the post it's a big BAD IDEA
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by BluePearls(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2014
For a minute there, I forgot what the subject matter was and got carried away with the simple but nice write up.

Back to the matter, not a good idea, especially for folks with little or no self control.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Davidolives(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2014
Orikinla: Marriage cannot separate my ex-girlfriend from me, because our love is unbreakable.
She still comes to see me and I respect her marriage and her husband knows that we love each other.
HMMMMMMM do you care about your wife's feelings

3 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Bazinga(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2014
Yomieluv: Best is to stay off,many can't pass the test...seems you talking about me,though not married,but have an Ex,that we chat on whatsapp,next thing,I went to see her,she was excited,one thing led to another,before you know it,clothes started flying off,till we got down..funniest things,she knows my fiancee,and I see her fiancee on her whatsapp dp...guess what-tonite,we are seeing again..fiancee is in school,and am bored....Am I a cheat?

Oh no ur not a cheat, ur a saint.

#Bazinga
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Davidolives(m): 11:04am On Jul 04, 2014
BluePearls: For a minute there, I forgot what the subject matter was and got carried away with the simple but nice write up.

Back to the matter, not a good idea, especially for folks with little or no self control.
self control or no self control what you would not eat don't even smell it

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by ifyalways(f): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2014
I will NEVER understand the fascination with ex's. Haaaa. I soooo dump/disconnect and move the hell on.

Forward ever, backward never. You cease to exist the moment our friendship/relationship goes sour.

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by makky(f): 11:07am On Jul 04, 2014
Speaking from experience Most men do this more than women. Why? Ladies will be hurt that the men left them for another, so they won't even think of anything else than to hurt the man. The man on the other hand remembers hoW great the sex may have been or how his ex treated him better in some way that his current aint doing and would wanna experience that one more time. I've had cases of my exes calling or wanting to keep in touch but its not possible cos once u give them that chance, they take it but at the end ur loosing cos he got a wife or a new girl and u are miserably alone. So the best advice I can give to any lady is stand ur ground, there's a reason it never worked and never will. Avoid meeting him in any way, keep the convo very simple, never talk about ur past or y u broke up, ask him about his wife and kids if any, that way he knows u aint into him anymore. Keep it very short and don't encourage his calls or texts or chats, don't even add him on any social site and even when u do, don't keep going to his profile to check on him, it will do u both a whole lot of good.

3 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2014
lynpetra: After marriage,I don't think I will remember his name even.
I will definitely change a lot of things after marriage,my phone number included.

But you can't change the pathway down there!
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 04, 2014
smartchoice:
But you can't change the pathway down there!

I wish I could,but then some people don't like the stress tongue tongue wink.No need.It's still sweet and inviting tongue.Smartchoice I don tell u make u bring One sales from ur car make we go chop,smarty u stingy o.You gocarry your Money enter hell fire angry tongue grin
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 04, 2014
makky: Speaking from experience Most men do this more than women. Why? Ladies will be hurt that the men left them for another, so they won't even think of anything else than to hurt the man. The man on the other hand remembers hoW great the sex may have been or how his ex treated him better in some way that his current aint doing and would wanna experience that one more time. I've had cases of my exes calling or wanting to keep in touch but its not possible cos once u give them that chance, they take it but at the end ur loosing cos he got a wife or a new girl and u are miserably alone. So the best advice I can give to any lady is stand ur ground, there's a reason it never worked and never will. Avoid meeting him in any way, keep the convo very simple, never talk about ur past or y u broke up, ask him about his wife and kids if any, that way he knows u aint into him anymore. Keep it very short and don't encourage his calls or texts or chats, don't even add him on any social site and even when u do, don't keep going to his profile to check on him, it will do u both a whole lot of good.

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by teeboi73: 11:23am On Jul 04, 2014
The Story of my life,the same way you described it,i have not recover from the mess it created after 11years. Pls Beware
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by emmanuelatas(m): 11:23am On Jul 04, 2014
Help our nairalander WIN this competition by just liking this photo on facebook. Dead line is this week sunday https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=746792472010866&id=105689096121210&set=a.746791785344268.1073741826.105689096121210
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by rebella(f): 11:24am On Jul 04, 2014
Keeping in touch with an ex is a terrible idea. The whole ish has ended, both parties should move on! If there must be any form of communication it should be only on special occasions like birthdays, apart from that nothing, I won't even reply you
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 04, 2014
lynpetra:

I wish I could,but then some people don't like the stress tongue tongue wink.No need.It's still sweet and inviting tongue.Smartchoice I don tell u make u bring One sales from ur car make we go chop,smarty u stingy o.You gocarry your Money enter hell fire angry tongue grin

Am walking straight to heaven.... Hell? No! Come chop money now

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by GoodBoi1(m): 11:39am On Jul 04, 2014
Exponental: Dis is nt totally true. Some men/ women are responsible and will always take their stand. Make friends in d public without any privacy
Sure? Pre-marital sex has weakened their will power! This is the side effect of pre-marital sex. I wonder how people engaging in pre-marital sex, after several Ex-partners, think they can just stop it because they are "married". smh
In the bible, James 4, its says we should "resist" the devil but in 1Corinthians 6:18 it says "flee" from sexual immorality. Just like Joseph, who knows what would have happened if Joseph would have reasoned with Potiphars wife? Maybe she would have pushed him on the bed and jumped on top of him and as she makes him feel good, gradually his will power will be reduced till...
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Bazinga(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2014
ifyalways: I will NEVER understand the fascination with ex's. Haaaa. I soooo dump/disconnect and move the hell on.

Forward ever, backward never. You cease to exist the moment our friendship/relationship goes sour.

thats hw to treat an ex, else they will ruin ur present relationship
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Bazinga(m): 11:48am On Jul 04, 2014
Good Boi: Sure? This is the side effect of pre-marital sex. I wonder how people engaging in pre-marital sex, after several Ex-partners, think they can just stop it because they are "married". smh

That's one of the main reason I want to marry a virgin. If people didn't engaged in pre-marital sex, all this EX ish won't be a problem. I ve this theory that a girl that has had sex b4 marriage, with an EX, has a higher tendency of cheating in marriage than a virgin girl that got married. Call me crazy but this is a fact that holds water

3 Likes

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Bazinga(m): 11:51am On Jul 04, 2014
rebella: Keeping in touch with an ex is a terrible idea. The whole ish has ended, both parties should move on! If there must be any form of communication it should be only on special occasions like birthdays, apart from that nothing, I won't even reply you

Wish everyone with an ex will learn from ur post. That's hw I live too. Once we done, den we done for good. Ur dead to me.
Btw I break up with any girl am datin dat is either friends wit her ex or still very much in touch wit him. Like chat often or receive his call
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by 4C2215131: 11:55am On Jul 04, 2014
oamronnie:
I never said it was mine but thanks for the correction.

Me thinks your apology is irrelevant. Creativity is not an easy task, always give respect and credit to whom it's due.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by muaa(f): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
zeb04: Kikikikiki this is a sweet temptation but why not make it unisex?there ve been a lot of thread about women and their ex recently

That is becos most people marry for the wrong reasons nawadays

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by 2baga(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
breathless: @OP. Why on earth did you have to go dub jacknjilllive?
Bros Leke can sue you for this if he finds out. It called plagiarism
The least you could do was to give credit to the source and not make it look like yours.
Stop the copy cat syndrome and be original. You short change yourself and thwart your creativity.

"Culled from Leke Alder's Letter to Jack.
U can follow @Leke_Alder on twitter for more interesting articles."

I think op did the needful
and pls you are not inside leke's mind
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Keeping in touch with your ex is a VERY bad idea, unless you wanna get back with that ex. smiley

1 Like

Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by rebella(f): 1:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
Bazinga:

Wish everyone with an ex will learn from ur post. That's hw I live too. Once we done, den we done for good. Ur dead to me.
Btw I break up with any girl am datin dat is either friends wit her ex or still very much in touch wit him. Like chat often or receive his call
That's what its supposed to be, before I made my resolution of not keeping in touch with an ex. I used to be friendly with them till I noticed by being nice they feel like there's something there when in reality I couldn't care less. So best thing is to move on and forget them.
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by oamronnie(f): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2014
korel9:

It shows how jobless you are! grin grin grin
Errrrm, weren't u just complaining about not making FP? Maybe u'r jobless too Just thinking out loud
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by oamronnie(f): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
2baga:

"Culled from Leke Alder's Letter to Jack.
U can follow @Leke_Alder on twitter for more interesting articles."

I think op did the needful
and pls you are not inside leke's mind
Thank you, sir
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by Gbemmyxal(f): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
makky: Speaking from experience Most men do this more than women. Why? Ladies will be hurt that the men left them for another, so they won't even think of anything else than to hurt the man. The man on the other hand remembers hoW great the sex may have been or how his ex treated him better in some way that his current aint doing and would wanna experience that one more time. I've had cases of my exes calling or wanting to keep in touch but its not possible cos once u give them that chance, they take it but at the end ur loosing cos he got a wife or a new girl and u are miserably alone. So the best advice I can give to any lady is stand ur ground, there's a reason it never worked and never will. Avoid meeting him in any way, keep the convo very simple, never talk about ur past or y u broke up, ask him about his wife and kids if any, that way he knows u aint into him anymore. Keep it very short and don't encourage his calls or texts or chats, don't even add him on any social site and even when u do, don't keep going to his profile to check on him, it will do u both a whole lot of good.

I don't know why i developed the feeling that you can't do anything to help yourself if u find yourself in the situations you talked about above.
Tis easier said...never say never!
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
Will they hear?
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by contadina: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Some ladies are pain addict. Why communicate him when he left u and marreid another. If u were not good enough for marriage, Whats with begging for attention? Is it really worth it?
Re: Keeping In Touch With The Ex After Marriage. Bad Idea? by chelseabmw(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2014
Bertbert: . One day one MONKEY go go market ,e no go return......bros wellldone oooo ,i dey hail thee oooo....

Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage / Lady Announces Her Pregnancy On Facebook And Got This Response From Husband / 4 Ways To Earn Respect From People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.