Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along - Fashion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along (306324 Views)

Free DIY Handfans, Wire works, Bead works, Ankara bangles e.t.c Tutorials / A “SEW ALONG” THREAD For Sewing Enthusiasts/Tailors/Fashion Designers:DECEMBER / That's Sew Naija! - Fashion Designers,tailors,accessory/jewelry Makers, Join In! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by misturah111: 1:18am On Sep 26, 2016
Hi everyone,pls can anyone help with a princess breast cut and and a padded cut...will really appreciate that,tanx in advance
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by oluwafeymos(f): 11:42am On Nov 27, 2016
Hell arakulture!! Thanks for the tutorial. However if I'm adding linen to my garment, what is the minimum allowance needed. Thanks
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by lizzybaby2(f): 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Hi everyone, please I want to sew A line shape gown and princess breast cut,I don't know how to go about it

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by dollycharles(f): 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2017
hi everyone pls I don't understand the six pieces cutting can I pls see a picture
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Lovelylade: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2017
Hello everyone...I like coming here to learn ...but how do I know if sumtin new comes up?
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by january1(f): 5:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
Pls am in Serious need of a manual sewing machine,am @ ife central
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by munakamsi: 2:17am On Mar 20, 2017
hello everyone,I love this page and have been following up,just want to use this oppurtunity to commend the lady that has been taking her time out to explain everything despite your tight schedule.thanks and God bless.jessica
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by hideraoluwa(f): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2017
Wow Wow Wow... This Thread Is Just 2 Great! I'm Following.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by cupidkef(m): 10:14am On Jul 21, 2017
Dear nairalanders,

I need this flowers to compliment the dresses am making.

I however reside in Owerri,Imo state and i don't have any idea where it is sold or its Name.

Kindly come to my aid.

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Donbeadex: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2017
@araculture u doing a great job bt want to undastand d padded peplum blouse am a bit confused
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Laeroy(f): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2017
*UPDATE YOUR SEWING AND FASHION LIBRARY, GET THESE SEWING and PATTERN E-BOOKS AND VIDEOS FOR 900 NAIRA ONLY....* *INTERESTED SHOULD CALL OR CHAT ME ON 07066800606 *YOULL BE GRATEFUL U BOUGHT THEM*

*Remember, nothing equates having an exclusive personal library of fashion design e-books to consult for the rest of your career.*
*Grab your copy now - Hurry while offer last.*

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by tbaby4u(f): 3:37am On Aug 01, 2017
kk
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
Mynd44:
Ladies, great thread. Would you mind if this makes front page? Note that there will be a lot of distracting comments

hope it isn't late right do the needful? I want to resuscitate the thread again.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
lizzybaby2:
Hi everyone, please I want to sew A line shape gown and princess breast cut,I don't know how to go about it

are u stile interesting?
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by bodeworldd(m): 11:14am On Nov 22, 2017
BUY NOW

**Hair Now Now Hair Growth Serum** (9k naira)

Hair Now Now growth serum is for both men and women.
There are no side effects of using our Hair Now Now Growth serum. The only effect is growth.
Use 3 to 5 drops morning and night especialy after bath or washing of hair.
You will be begin to notice visible growth between 3weeks - 5weekss
For maximum results, it advisable to practice proper hair care during the use of this product.
50ml

Testimonies / evidences in short review videos links below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWGqxLhsHg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjexlQUyd8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Zpigo2Meg
Endless

BUY NOW (for 9k)

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Fashionsglaze(f): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2018
Ho

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Beyondseams: 10:06am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello house, it's been a while, this is Arakulture the creator of.this thread, unfortunately my account was deleted and tha means my access to this thread is no more, will be posting with this account.

So let's hear who's in support of this and if so, indicate interest...

Will post a pic.and let's talk about it, it's a very simple style Will be making it for.myself.

2 Likes

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by CallMeGrace(f): 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
guys can you help me how to cut this gown the one in colour brown... off shoulder with cape

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Beyondseams: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2018
To cut this, you will need the following measurements

Round Shoulder (the circumference)
Half length
Bust
Waist
Chest front and back
Yoke (measure from your neck down to where you want the neck to start from)

Optional (if you are making a cup or tube version)
Shoulder to nipple point
Bust radius
Should to under Bust.

Step 1 (not compulsory)
On a paper measure your shoulder to half length, Mark our your yoke (where you want your top to start from)

Step 2
Measure your half length (starting from your chest to above your navel).
Mark your bust and waist measurement, at the chest area, Mark your front chest measurement and add sewing allowances to everywhere necessary

Note...if you are using a stretchy fabric you need to deduct 1- 2 inches from your original measurement to have a snug fit, this depends on the level of stretchy you fabric has.

So the last step is to cut your strip in your round.Shoulder measurement. Will send pics later.

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by whiteroses(f): 12:16am On Mar 10, 2018
Nice

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2018
It's nice having u back and resuscitating the thread.

Mynd44, i think this is the best time to move it to frontage to create awareness.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Beyondseams: 11:05am On Mar 26, 2018
Yes, thanks.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Burntcoal(f): 3:18pm On May 06, 2019
hello.... anyone here......pls i need help in cuttin d back train of a bridesmaids dress. i mean d elongated part at the back.
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by NikkyHabFabric(f): 1:55am On May 08, 2019
Do you want to look stunning on your Wedding day, Burial functions and other occasions?

Are u looking for Aso-Ebi Laces?

NikkyHabFabrics got u covered

We have Laser cut, 3D flower, Velvet, Dry, Organza, Hand made beaded, Swiss Voile, Sequins,Ghalila Laces etc at UNBEATABLE Prices

Call or whatsapp

Worldwide Delivery

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by jbblues24(m): 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
Super appealing shapes :-) grin
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by gmary: 10:20am On Oct 24, 2020
In this tutorial I detail some of the commonly misused and misspelled terminologies used by local fashion designers and tailors in Nigeria as well as the alternate/correct spelling/usage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkPKWF1VpQ&t=157s

1 Like

Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by gmary: 10:32am On Oct 24, 2020
Are you looking for directions on how to draft a basic skirt block? Or have you ever wondered how to achieve a good curve at the back of your Pencil Skirt to get a beautiful fit?

In this tutorial I take you through the process of drafting a basic skirt block from scratch and designing a pencil that sits well over the bum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-D3sM-d9xg&t=2s
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by Mzstephii(f): 12:38am On May 21, 2021
learn how to make full circle skirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54iGxQ9aOYQ
please subscribe
Re: DIY (do It Yourself) & Sew Along by chocolatefashion: 1:17pm On Aug 26, 2021
How to draft basic sleeve pattern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZbmThhGAWQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

My Crochet Fantasy / ~The Fashion Section Rules ~Guidelines & Queries ~ / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.