Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,802 members, 7,956,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:45 PM

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped (80158 Views)

Live Scores Of The Revamped Nigeria Premier League Aka Glo Premier League / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (54) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 6:00pm On May 01, 2016
Do we still need further proof that this Kyvat dude is a lunatic like Vettel alleged in the previous race? How did such a klutz get into F1?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 3:44pm On May 03, 2016
there needs to be a lunatic around to spice things a bit, and get the possibility of the safety car at any moment.... Kvyat is just the 2016 version of Pastor Maldonado.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by MRBrownJ: 2:49pm On May 15, 2016
ITS WAR at Mercedes now!!!! that crash was pure madness but i see it as Rosberg's mistake as Ham was already a nose in that gap. as for Verstappen winning the grand right after replacing Kvyat at RBR, youngest ever winning F1 driver, AY CARAMBA!!!!
Ricciardo's ego is gonna be sightly bruised, but that blown tyre at the final lap was lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed (he wasnt overtaking Vettel anyway)
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 3:39pm On May 15, 2016
Interesting race

Congratulations to Max

Youngest ever race winner
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 15, 2016
pickabeau1:
Interesting race

Congratulations to Max

Youngest ever race winner

You don come here
Team merc, team HAM
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:16pm On May 15, 2016
That crash was delicious to watch. I hope we see an encore in the next race lol. I don't think anyone was at fault tbh and not punishing either driver was the right move. Vettel is going to need all the help he can get

Good for Verstappen. What a story! 18 years old FFS! that lunatic Kyvat has no business being on a track for the foreseeable future.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 6:25am On May 16, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

You don come here
Team merc, team HAM

Tough for him this year
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 1:03am On May 26, 2016
Not so sure that race was not entirely staged but if and when LH retires from F1 it could be Mad Max all the way.

Fantastic talent but still very very young.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 10:01am On Oct 02, 2016
LH leading comfortably with 16 laps to go...all of a sudden his engine suffers internal combustion = Engine kaput. Fast forward...a satisfying wry grin abi na smile on Toto Wolf's face. Staged?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 10:05am On Oct 02, 2016
It doesn't sit right with me

Hamilton seeks answers from Mercedes

My question is to Mercedes. We have so many engines made for drivers, but mine are the only ones failing this year. Someone need to give me some answers because this is not acceptable. We are fighting for the championship and only my engines are failing. It does not sit right with me. I will try and recollect myself and try to get myself together for the race next week. There are many decisive races but this is one of those. Someone doesn't want me to win this year but I won't give up. I will keep pushing.

BBC.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by edoyad(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
I think it's time for Hamilton to quit Mercedes regardless of whether he wins the championship or what . I just took my eyes off for a few minutes in Lap 39 to post some things on Twitter, by the time i returned to the race i saw the paparazzi going after Hamilton. My heart immediately skipped a bit, it's the most annoying thing I've seen all year, Mercedes are fast losing credibility.
Besides that sha the battle between Ricciardo and Max in Lap 36 was quite fun
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2016
FBS:
LH leading comfortably with 16 laps to go...all of a sudden his engine suffers internal combustion = Engine kaput. Fast forward...a satisfying wry grin abi na smile on Toto Wolf's face. Staged?
I'm curious as to why Mercedes would want to sabotage their two time champion. I think Lewis needs to take several seats. These guys literally gave CPR to his career
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
A40:

I'm curious as to why Mercedes would want to sabotage their two time champion. I think Lewis needs to take several seats. These guys literally gave CPR to his career
His career was very much OK plus he remains the most marketable Formula 1 driver out there. In fact he gave Mercedes CPR. They've won the Championship thanks to him and just as they are still dominating the sports thanks to LH.

People even questioned why he left McLaren...thats history though..Question is why is it that only LH's engines are failing? Either someone is not doing his job or something else is up.

I'd like to think that its just part of the game.

And talking about CPR

Mercedes has become one of the most successful teams in F1 history having achieved back to back drivers and constructors titles in 2014 & 2015. In 2014 Mercedes managed 11 one-two finishes beating McLaren's 1988 record of 10. The record was beaten the following year having achieved 12 one-two finishes. Mercedes also collected 16 victories in 2014 & 2015 apiece breaking McLaren (1988) and Ferrari's (2002, 2004) record of 15.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
FBS:
It doesn't sit right with me

Hamilton seeks answers from Mercedes

My question is to Mercedes. We have so many engines made for drivers, but mine are the only ones failing this year. Someone need to give me some answers because this is not acceptable. We are fighting for the championship and only my engines are failing. It does not sit right with me. I will try and recollect myself and try to get myself together for the race next week. There are many decisive races but this is one of those. Someone doesn't want me to win this year but I won't give up. I will keep pushing.

BBC.
grin grin grin
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
any body knows who is into single seater racing in nigeria, have heard of eagle racing, but are there any other, i would like to join grin
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by pickabeau1: 6:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
Lewis is just being paranoid

Just bad luck

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 8:14am On Oct 09, 2016
pls rosberg, win this title, 9 wins shocked shocked
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 6:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
FBS:

His career was very much OK plus he remains the most marketable Formula 1 driver out there. In fact he gave Mercedes CPR. They've won the Championship thanks to him and just as they are still dominating the sports thanks to LH.

People even questioned why he left McLaren...thats history though..Question is why is it that only LH's engines are failing? Either someone is not doing his job or something else is up.

I'd like to think that its just part of the game.

And talking about CPR

Mercedes has become one of the most successful teams in F1 history having achieved back to back drivers and constructors titles in 2014 & 2015. In 2014 Mercedes managed 11 one-two finishes beating McLaren's 1988 record of 10. The record was beaten the following year having achieved 12 one-two finishes. Mercedes also collected 16 victories in 2014 & 2015 apiece breaking McLaren (1988) and Ferrari's (2002, 2004) record of 15.
His career was not very much OK. He had stagnated and needed a fresh start. Fortunately for him he joined a Mercedes team that had just developed the fastest car on the grid.

So no Mercedes are not dominating due to LH. LH is dominating due to Mercedes which explains why even Rosberg is now challenging for a title. When a middling driver like Rosberg is all of a sudden amongst the title challengers for 3 years straight. It just shows you how much faster the Mercs are compared to the field

If Ham stayed at McLaren he would retire with just one title. FACT

Some of the blame with the engine failures have to go to Ham. He has had spells of not managing his engines well enough during practice and qualifying. That is why he ran through them quicker than most
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
A40:

His career was not very much OK. He had stagnated and needed a fresh start. Fortunately for him he joined a Mercedes team that had just developed the fastest car on the grid.

So no Mercedes are not dominating due to LH. LH is dominating due to Mercedes which explains why even Rosberg is now challenging for a title. When a middling driver like Rosberg is all of a sudden amongst the title challengers for 3 years straight. It just shows you how much faster the Mercs are compared to the field

If Ham stayed at McLaren he would retire with just one title. FACT

Some of the blame with the engine failures have to go to Ham. He has had spells of not managing his engines well enough during practice and qualifying. That is why he ran through them quicker than most
Haba, bros, you forgot the great Shchmi was with Mercedes and did zero with the car. As a matter of fact, Mercedes became champions all thanks to LH.

He needed a fresh challenge and went against all odds. Everyone including you (lol) thought it was stupid of him to have left McLaren....the rest they say na story story.

The man is a triple world champion. How many other can Mercedes boast of?
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
FBS:

Haba, bros, you forgot the great Shchmi was with Mercedes and did zero with the car. As a matter of fact, Mercedes became champions all thanks to LH.

He needed a fresh challenge and went against all odds. Everyone including you (lol) thought it was stupid of him to have left McLaren....the rest they say na story story.

The man is a triple world champion. How many other can Mercedes boast of?
What did you expect 40something year old Schumacher to do with car that was not even the fastest on the grid?

Guy if them give me and you that car we would win Championships.

That car is the fastest on the grid and it is not even close. 55 races and only thrice has Pole Position not gone to the Mercs. Shuu shocked shocked

I don't recall having an opinion on Hamilton's exit but assuming I did, The evidence of his having the comically fastest car is overwhelming. If he wasn't at Mercedes Rosberg would be double world champion
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
A40:

What did you expect 40something year old Schumacher to do with car that was not even the fastest on the grid?

That car is the fastest on the grid and it is not even close. 55 races and only thrice has Pole Position not gone to the Mercs. Shuu shocked shocked

I don't recall having an opinion on Hamilton's exit but assuming I did, The evidence of his having the comically fastest car is overwhelming. If he wasn't at Mercedes Rosberg would be double world champion

Double kini? Dem dey sell am ni? Ros was with Mercedes even before LH joined the team. Why didn't he win then?

How come Ros only wins when LHs has problem with his car?

On any given day, in any car, bar engine problems, LH is the best out there and deservedly so. Give the man a drivable and good car. No be by force they must make Ros a champion from Germany.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 12:15am On Oct 20, 2016
FBS:

Double kini? Dem dey sell am ni? Ros was with Mercedes even before LH joined the team. Why didn't he win then?

On any given day, in any car, bar engine problems, LH is the best out there and deservedly so. Give the man a drivable and good car. No be by force they must make Ros a champion from Germany.
Chale how many poles and race wins did Rosberg have before the 2014 season? Unless you want to tell us Hamilton's driving ability somehow levitated Rosberg's abilities as well then explain how he suddenly became a title contender? You are actually contradicting yourself and endorsing my assertion. If you agree Rosberg is not all that then why is he the front runner this year and runner up last two years

LH is not the best out there. He is merely driving the best car out there. He had a competitive car at McLaren yet he didn't deliver bar the 07 and 08 season.

Should Rosberg win it is because he deserves it

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2016
FBS:

pls, rosberg delivered a win in 2012, the first for mercedes in the new era, mecedes invested more in their powertrain more than any other manufacturer, thats why they started dominating from 2014,even in 2013, both hamiltion and rosberg had same win tally, lewis is a fantastic driver, but this is not his season
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2016
kengodson:
pls, rosberg delivered a win in 2012, the first for mercedes in the new era, mecedes invested more in their powertrain more than any other manufacturer, thats why they started dominating from 2014,even in 2013, both hamiltion and rosberg had same win tally, lewis is a fantastic driver, but this is not his season
Just one single win? How wonderful.
In 2014 nko? How many wins Ros get with the same car?

Its not his season largely because someone is sabotaging his efforts (reliability issues). This is not Molue they are driving and its NOT his job to service the car but to drive it.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by chic2pimp(m): 11:30am On Oct 20, 2016
A40:

The same can be said for many F1 driver championships tbh. Give my 6 year old niece the ferrari Schumi had and she would win at last 5 driver's title. Same with the Car Vettel was working with at RedBull
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
chic2pimp:

The same can be said for many F1 driver championships tbh. Give my 6 year old niece the ferrari Schumi had and she would win at last 5 driver's title. Same with the Car Vettel was working with at RedBull
I disagree especially for Vettel. Domination get levels. If you were talking about 2011 & 2013 perhaps yes but not 2012 and certainly not 2010 where 4 drivers from 3 teams were competing till the last day

52 poles in 55 races
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by kengodson: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
FBS:

Just one single win? How wonderful.
In 2014 nko? How many wins Ros get with the same car?

Its not his season largely because someone is sabotaging his efforts (reliability issues). This is not Molue they are driving and its NOT his job to service the car but to drive it.
after giving u a car to dominate 2014 and 2015, then they sabotag your car in 2016 , it does not seat well o, mercedes even helped him in 2008 under mclaren

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 5:47pm On Oct 22, 2016
kengodson:
after giving u a car to dominate 2014 and 2015, then they sabotag your car in 2016 , it does not seat well o, mercedes even helped him in 2008 under mclaren
In what way?

Just so you know...

Tom Clarkson has just nabbed a word with Mercedes technical director Paddy Lowe and asked about the issue with Lewis Hamilton's engine that prompted the team to break curfew last night.

"On Lewis' car we are running now the engine we first ran in Spa." said Lowe."From running it yesterday we found that there is a small fault in the fuel system, it is not a serious problem but for precautionary reasons we felt we should put a better one in there.

"The people working on the engine itself were in until 1am and then another group of people were in at four am to do some more work and then the main group were in at six."
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2016
What.A.Lap. by LH. 1.34.999. Terrific. Fastest EVER on this circuit. Phenomenal. Pole position it is.

Koko is for him to translate it to a win. Hammer. Phucking. Time.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
Get in Lewis. Superbly controlled race.

Max don Vex-stappen for Redbull. Since them no allow the guy race properly, omo take style drive car so tay engine knock. haha. cheesy I no fit shout. grin

3 more races to go...it ain't over yet.

1 Like

Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by FBS: 8:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
OMG! What a race. Max is a monster. Absolute genuis. How on earth is he only 19? What a drive, and those overtakes? From 13th to 3rd in a couple of laps? Ate Vettel, Nico like they weren't there. Fearless.

In these circumstances and with such a monstrous performance, Max deserves a championship before that wannabe pilot.

And yep, LH is the boss. Expert piloting.
InterLagos - Check.

1 more race to go.
Re: FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped by A40(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2016
Verstappen driver of the day no question. Looks like a better driver than his dad no question

Lol this Rosberg is just a dead guy. You lost 3 races in a row to your closest rival with a chance to seal title. He is lucky the Mercs are so much faster than the others

Potentially the weakest champ since Button

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (54) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Launches His New Hotel Line At Times Square, New York (Pics) / "Don't Be A Nikola Kalinic" / Jay-Jay Okocha's Daughter, Daniella Graduates From The University (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.