Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon - Technology Market (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon (531146 Views)

Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. / ##ORDER LAPTOPS,PHONES,TABLETS,CLOTHES FRM USA,UK,GERMANY& DUBAI TO NIGERIA / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (415) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
confluence:
@Lagtech, Please this is a serious matter, you have not told me specifically when am picking up the sea shipment laptops, the other ten minis, the ones you said have shipped, people are already sighting thier items, what happens to mine, let me which one i de, i will ask for refund for the other ten mini if you can not get those mini let me have my money back, the ten you said ship what is their status , i don tire to wait
From his last post:
Lagtech:

I will be contacting those with sea shipments for pick up modalities as I expect to have final word on this by Wednesday.(24th)
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ceasare: 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lagtech:

I will be contacting those with sea shipments for pick up modalities as I expect to have final word on this by Wednesday.(24th)
@ Lagtech : I believe your Wednesday is still sometimes in 2O15.it will be better u don't even give a date than looking and sounding stupid to yourself all the time u come to type a date here......I will tell u what must hv happen to the sea shipment after u must hv exhausted ur miserable lies!!!

I ve lived all my adult life close to the port at apapa most of my friends are clearing and forwarding agents so note that !!!!

1 Like

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ceasare: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
@ lagtech : learn from this story .I just hope the same fate surfered by the story teller has not befallen our sea shipment?!!!

Having lived in Europe for 25 years, Siaku Elvis in September 2013, loaded a container with refrigerators, a car, a bus, jewelry and hospital equipment worth over N33m and shipped it to Lagos.

That was all his years in Europe – his life savings could buy. It was meant to be part of his retirement plan.He lost his goods after they were auctioned off by the Nigeria Customs Service in a process he described as shoddy and questionable.Angry and frustrated, he now regrets his decision to relocate to Nigeria. He said,

“My shipment got to Lagos on October 14 2013 and a clearing agent was contracted to clear the container. At the time, my wife and I had some financial problems and could not raise the required funds to clear the container promptly. In desperation, through the advice of a friend, we sought the services of another clearing agent, Tony, who assured us that he would clear the consignment with his money after which he would be reimbursed when we must have sold some of the consignment.

“Though I was still in Europe, I maintained contact with Tony concerning the container. Each time I called him, there was always seemed to be some delay in the clearing procedure. This continued until I got an email from the shipping company that my container had gone into overtime and had been shipped to the Ikorodu Lighter Terminal.”

Tony was said to have told Elvis that though this consignment had already been allocated to another person for auction, he could still take possession of the consignment if it was de-listed from the gazette where it had been put up for auction.

Documents made available to The PUNCH showed that the Area Controller of the ILT, Nasir A., had written to the Comptroller General of the NCS, Inde Abdullah, forwarding an application by Siaku’s wife Patience, in whose name the consignment was shipped.It read in part,

“I hereby forward an application in respect of (1X40FT) container No. MSCU 934259/3. The container was transferred from Tincan Island Port to my command. All documentations have been completed at Tincan Island Command; payments receipts, import duty waiver and other necessary documents are attached. I hereby recommend for the consignee to be granted overtime cargo clearance.” The document was stamped and received on April 14, 2014.

A letter dated May 28, 2014 and signed by Deputy Comptroller Abutu acknowledged the receipt of the application and gave approval for overtime clearance.But to Elvis surprise, when he presented the said document at the ILT, he was told that his container was no longer there.

While Elvis had been processing the delisting of his consignment, unknown to him, it was already allocated on March 31 2014, to one Isaac John of Ademola Street Lagos. A copy of the allocation document also showed that it was received at the Tincan Island Port on April 30, 2014, about three weeks before the consignment was delisted from the auction gazette in Abuja.

Another letter from the Tincan Island Port to the Area Controller, ILT dated May 7 2014, directed that Isaac John be allowed to take delivery of Elvis’s consignment which was described as an auction container. The consignment whose contents were valued at over N33m was sold at N250,000.

It read, “The above mentioned container was allocated to Isaac John. It has been processed and released in this command. You may wish to allow allottee to take delivery of the said container.”

Elvis said,
“after I was told that the container had been taken, I made a report at the Bode Thomas police station. Not much came out of it because I was told that only the Inspector General of Police could authorise the arrest of the ILT area controller.

“Although Tony was arrested, not much came out of it. He got a bail and I did not have the funds to keep following the case so I gave up. I have written a petition to President Goodluck Jonathan because the way the auction was carried out was wrong. I already paid all the necessary duties yet I lost my life savings and the little I had left, trying to get the consignment back. I am just
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ceasare: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
rong. I already paid all the necessary duties yet I lost my life savings and the little I had left, trying to get the consignment back. I am just living on charity.”

Elvis is not alone in this situation. Many importers are said to lose their consignments amounting to millions of naira annually once unclaimed cargo declared overtime is moved to the ILT. Chuks Okorie, an importer, who has been in the business for over two decades, is still grappling with the loss of three 20 feet containers whose contents include a sport utility vehicle and some tractor tyres valued at over N21m.

His consignment which was shipped from China in 2012 arrived Nigeria early 2013. Due to some delay in procuring the required documents used to process the PAAR which at the time was the Clean Report of Inspection, the containers could not be cleared immediately.
Okorie said,

“By the time the documents arrived, the goods had stayed at the port for over a month. Being that there were three 20 feet containers, the demurrage which had accrued over time, was enormous.

“When a consignment has spent a month at the ports, it goes into the fourth period of storage. By then, it attracts almost N10,000 per day for storage and for demurrage. That means we are contending with about N60,000 per day for the three containers; it would take a lot to offset the demurrage.

“I tried to get a waiver from the shipping line for the demurrage but they turned down my request. Hoping they would grant waivers for other charges, I made payments for the first invoice I collected. Unfortunately, they insisted on full payment. While trying to raise the funds, three months went by and my containers were classified as overtime cargo.”

In an effort to reclaim his consignment, Okorie went to Tincan Customs Command in June 2013, to verify if it had been listed as overtime in order to seek its clearance. He was informed that not only had his consignment been listed as overtime, it was in the government’s gazette for auction.

This meant that Okorie could no longer obtain the clearance from Tincan. He had to get it from Abuja and quickly too as any consignment in the gazette would also already have eager buyers bidding for it.

He said,
“before taking custody of overtime consignments, you would go to Tincan customs to verify if it has been listed as overtime. If you are given the clearance, you can still go and clear the goods.

“I was shocked when I was told my cargo was in the gazette because the duty for the goods had been paid; the NCS, or the Ministry of Finance had no reason to gazette the three containers. All I needed was to get the overtime clearance, settle other matters with the shipping company and take the containers.”

After several applications to the Ministry of Finance, urging it to de-classify the cargo, Okorie’s application was accepted and on September 27, 2013, the Home Finance Department under the Ministry of Finance wrote a letter to the CG NCS. A copy of Okorie’s letter was also forwarded to the CG for his consideration and comments.

A month later, another letter was forwarded by the same ministry to the CG on the same matter.
Okorie said,

“I wrote to the Finance ministry; they are the ones who would write to the NCS to delist the cargo once they are satisfied that the requirements (duty) have been paid; the Federal Government having collected its revenue.

“In my case, they wrote to the NCS about the consignment and I expected that the customs would contact me having received the letter from the Ministry of Finance. They never did in addition to several letters that I wrote to the NCS Abuja and Lagos Zonal office.”

While Okorie waited for a response from NCS Abuja, he went periodically to the Kirikiri terminal where his cargo was, to reassure himself that it had not been moved. After the usual check on April 2014, Okorie returned in June 2014 only to be told that his cargo had been moved to the ILT. By the time he got to the ILT in November 2014, the cargo had been auctioned.

He said,
“there is a collection centre at the
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ceasare: 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2014
e said,
“there is a collection centre at the ILT where customs officials can verify from their computer system the dates they receive containers and when they exit them. Custom officials at the ILT confirmed that they had received my cargo on May 2014 but that it had also been exited. They did not say when it left the ILT or who collected it.In fact, it was just two containers that were taken to the ILT; the empty container for the third consignment had already been returned to the Kirikiri terminal. That meant someone had taken it from Kirikiri either through auction or whatever means and sold the contents.”

In addition to losing his cargo, Okorie had spent well over N3m to pay the duties on them.

Source: www.nigeriatell.com/news/man-cries-out-after-customs-auctioned-off-his-n33m-cargo-for-n250kphoto
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by pman06(m): 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
Bros, this is really touching o, so much curruption everywhere. I pray this will not happen to your consignment o.
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by polosco(m): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2014
Majority of the Customs Men are CORRUPT in capital letters. Only God can help this nation. A man's life was wasted to build another man's life, when evil begins to happen to some people you don't really know what may have been the cause.

1 Like

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
polosco:
Majority of the Customs Men are CORRUPT in capital letters. Only God can help this nation. A man's life was wasted to build another man's life, when evil begins to happen to some people you don't really know what may have been the cause.
It might not even happen to them, its their great grand children that end up inheriting such evils/curses.

1 Like

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ceasare: 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
The morals of the story is when u give ur goods or container to an arsehole greenhorn shipper like Lagtech did , if he tries to circumvent the duty payment to make quick bucks and he got figured out by d customs he will be compelled to pay min of 5O-1OO% more than he shd pay with accruing demurrage to shipping company at the end if the incurred cost is more than what the agent can bear he either elopes and goes into hiding from the container owner and the container becomes an abandoned goods and possibly forfeited to the customs or impounded as the case maybe! The owners loss!!! It happens when u can't clear ur goods immediately on arrival due to cash constraint and agent offering you shortcuts!

I sincerely hope such fate has not befallen d sea shipment !!! This can only happen when u mortgage what u stand for on the alter of cheap quick fix as latgtech has done using millions of naira worth of goods to experiment and play baba ijebu!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Ahmed4002(m): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
polosco:

objection bros. Most of the problem at times are cause by the agents. items are only paid for demurage when it's inside the warehouse. Some agents would keep your items without even thinking of clearing it so that, they can charge you for demurage. imposing custom demurage and theirs also.
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ResourceMan(m): 5:12am On Dec 27, 2014
ceasare:
The morals of the story is when u give ur goods or container to an arsehole greenhorn shipper like Lagtech did , if he tries to circumvent the duty payment to make quick bucks and he got figured out by d customs he will be compelled to pay min of 5O-1OO% more than he shd pay with accruing demurrage to shipping company at the end if the incurred cost is more than what the agent can bear he either elopes and goes into hiding from the container owner and the container becomes an abandoned goods and possibly forfeited to the customs or impounded as the case maybe! The owners loss!!! It happens when u can't clear ur goods immediately on arrival due to cash constraint and agent offering you shortcuts!

I sincerely hope such fate has not befallen d sea shipment !!! This can only happen when u mortgage what u stand for on the alter of cheap quick fix as latgtech has done using millions of naira worth of goods to experiment and play baba ijebu!!!

It is obvious Lagtech has no iota of integrity, this is the 5th month of air shipment now so anything is possible about the sea shipment. But, in reality I dont believe he ever shipped any goods at all in the first place. He obviously used our money to play Baba Ijebu in the USA that is the reason he is in all this mess and has deliberately dragged us into it.
Lagtech has already done his worse, that is why he is and will continue to get the repercussions in YEARS TO COME.

1 Like

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Cvesta(m): 5:43am On Dec 27, 2014
lagtech:
Some black Friday items just shipped this afternoon and will land tomorrow evening. Pick up is planned for Monday.
There are many items already on ground in Nigeria-pick up is expected as early as Saturday -at most 1 day after the Customs issue is resolved.
Owners will be contacted. There are some we are not sure of yet-but we will know by Monday.

i3 Asus Laptop for Abiodun
60 Inch Samsung Smart TV for Ben from Walmart
what is the status of the above i3 Asus ? ..it been over 3months since I have been clamoring for a refund of my balance with you,till date it been a case of a mythical nextweek that has refused to materialise...before I jump ship be rest assured I will get every dime I have invested into this parasitic business relationship...
it was precisely in Sept 2014 that i sent the first sum of 45000 to you for an elitebook laptop,didnt receive laptop til over a month and half...laptop came without Batterry and 256HDD instead of 500GB...u promised to refund 5k....til date,LAGTECH has not refunded the 5k nor have i seen the battery..i equally paid for a DEll d620 n T61 from your inventory as part of the much hyped AGENCY SHAM...i only got a compaq with a dead battery in place of the T61 after over two months...til today,LAGTECH has not sent the battery..the d620 i am told is in LAG,only god knows what state it is in.
The much advertised Elitebook Joint Venture that was suppose to involve 4partners ended becoming six,without prior notice to the partners involved and so capital raise became 600k plus instead of 425k that you advertised...i paid 125k....after 3months plus of deceipt and countless lies plus even a promise that you had sent two batch of laptop each for everyone involved, till date, we am yet to take delivery of any of those two batch of mythical laptops....the mini i equally bought myself on Ebay,i am yet to get it after over 2months plus since you told me you have shipped it....i got a whatssapp message from Jimmy on the 5th of JANUARY telling me i had a battery n mini to pick up with pictures showing my name on both item...3days after when i finally got the message...jimmy said it was only a battery n that Lagtech said i wasnot expecting a Mini and as such the mini i saw was a mistake.....how absurd...what have you done to my HP MINI 1000? if you obviously used it to calm someone elses nerve you had better retrieve it or give me what is due to me.
ALL i seek is my Asus core i3 laptop bought on Craiglist,my compaq F500 n hp 8460p battery,my hp mini, refund of `18850 plus 125,000 that i had initially paid for the ELITEBOOK JOINT VENTURE which totals #143850
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Cvesta(m): 5:44am On Dec 27, 2014
Trust and integrity has been sacrifice on the alter of falsehood and deceit
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by chaloner(m): 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
Finally LSM hav seen d last dec 8 item ...... Let's wait for long msg again.
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by fashrola(m): 4:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
chaloner:
Finally LSM hav seen d last dec 8 item ...... Let's wait for long msg again.
lol Lagtech has no doubt again nah.... abi him ship another one on the 20th? He will update all of us for pick ups... Cos we've waited for months.... I just hope not to get disappointed if most of my items are not there...
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by chaloner(m): 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
fashrola:
lol Lagtech has no doubt again nah.... abi him wan tell us he shipped it on the 20th? He will update all of us for pick ups... Cos we've waited for months.... I just hope not to get disappointed if most of my items are there...
hehehehh dey dere na wen greenhorn neva deliver grin
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
fashrola:
lol Lagtech has no doubt again nah.... abi him wan tell us he shipped it on the 20th? He will update all of us for pick ups... Cos we've waited for months.... I just hope not to get disappointed if most of my items are there...
That batch can not contain everybody's item.
Definitely some pple's item re with the 'green horn' shippers.
2015 is four days away.
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by fashrola(m): 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
madridfc:

That batch can not contain everybody's item.
Definitely some pple's item re with the 'green horn' shippers.
2015 is four days away.
lol Bros no cause heartbreak for here ooo.... I know for sure that my items are there...
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
fashrola:
lol Bros no cause heartbreak for here ooo.... I know for sure that my items are there...
Amen Sire, Amen.
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by chaloner(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
fashrola:
lol Lagtech has no doubt again nah.... abi him ship another one on the 20th? He will update all of us for pick ups... Cos we've waited for months.... I just hope not to get disappointed if most of my items are not there...
sure let's c hw dis goes, time for judgement is nw
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by chidekings(m): 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
this is the last walk....

Lets see how it goes
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by confluence: 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Of all the pickups @chinosxl, Lagtech, am waiting to pick up my items, the year is gone already, what is the update on the sea shipment, i do hope is not another rubbish next week, what about items you said are ready for pickup this, Let me have my money , i do not want another week of empty promises into the new year

4 Likes

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by pman06(m): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
confluence:
... i do not want another week of empty promises into the new year

Even my fiance told me to start praying against disappointment, cause item delay pass normal, i con dey wonder how many people go join me 4 d prayer o
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by SamjohnnyB(m): 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
shocked sidon dey look!!!!
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by yhellow(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
God have ur way
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Alphaoscar: 10:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
I am sure he is somewhere manufacturing another round of excuses. he claimed people have been picking up since Wednesday but we never see anybody here to confirm the instead the usual onlookers are now coming out of their shell to join the league of comrades on the thread.

3 Likes

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by SamjohnnyB(m): 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Alphaoscar:
I am sure he is somewhere manufacturing another round of excuses. he claimed people have been picking up since Wednesday but we never see anybody here to confirm the instead the usual onlookers are now coming out of their shell to join the league of comrades on the thread.

na me be that abi oga Aphaoscar?

all will soon be well sha. grin
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by Alphaoscar: 11:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
SamjohnnyB:

na me be that abi oga Aphaoscar?

all will soon be well sha. grin

my most respected brother, I am not really referring to you but I was surprised by your post as well. its unfortunate that cool guys like you are also victim but we can only pray to God to deliver us from this on time.

it is well !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by chaloner(m): 4:25am On Dec 28, 2014
Any info?
Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by kentochi(m): 4:40am On Dec 28, 2014
Merry xmas to great importers
and great new year.

1 Like

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ResourceMan(m): 5:40am On Dec 28, 2014
One thing I Dont find funny at all is the reason why lagtech refuses to ship goods meant for his clients, how on earth is that justifiable. You pay completely for your goods in his fake inventory and months after "THE CROOK" refuses to ship your goods for no just cause and when he does he hurriedly ships less than 20% of what you order for without chargers, batteries or accessories. Only for you to discover that the goods are all in bad shape. lagtech Deliberately put us in this mess, as I said earlier this is "Nairaland's Biggest Scam Ever".
It is just unfortunate we found ourselves in this predicament.
For me, one thing is sure lagtech will pay for my goods, money with damages and that I will make sure of.
All those shameless sycophants, hypocrites, favor seekers kissing lagtech dirty behind should be ashamed of themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Buy & Import Laptops,phones Etc For As Cheap As $5 On Ebay, Craigslist, Amazon by ceasare: 8:48am On Dec 28, 2014
I hope we won't hv to mark 1 year anniversary of we waiting endlessly for all our goods soonest because as it is the year has already ran out! Yet we r still on the waiting spree! Most annoying thing is I don't knw if the so called greenhorn shipper's detail is been held in d strong room of CBN?!!! That lag tech can't give his details here for us all to verify like the air shipper chinox or LSM as the case maybe.
Am calling on all sea shipment members: xtfield, confluence ,resource man ,etc to mount pressure on this lag tech guy to give details of the sea shipper! I will find out if he is legit or not.if otherwise that means lag tech did not ship or buy our stuff and obviously hiding something from us.

As for lag tech your day of reckoning is here ! We will start from GTB to unfold ur real identity and who u really are !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (415) (Reply)

Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. / Order Your Goods On Ebay, Amazon And All Pickup Sites! Shipping @ $4.60/lbs NGR / Professor On Any Type Of Generator.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.