Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438844 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
setting up a revenge is not d answer neither getting back but sure forgiveness is the key to happiness

BTW nice one Tiffany it's in u... ride on
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by pricelesslove(f): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
nice one

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2014
For goodness sake, what's wrong with henry?
Just because his wife said she isn't ready for another child; he resolved to digging another hole to calm his juvenile nerves undecided....
Henry need to grow up... Too bad.
Come to think of it, aren't they suppose to be very conscious of their deeds because of their status in the society?.... They're becoming too vulnerable for the press to feast on..
**fingers crossed**
**straight faced**
**masticating kola-nut**

Thumbs up tiffany.... I love the twist.
And u better tell henry to control his blokos ooo for STI is real! Abi him never hear say ebola virus don turn STI?....*lip-sealed*

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 3:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
Marriage nawa o.Jst pray Jordan won't beat Tara @ home so that the pregnancy won't get spoilt o.but as 4 Henry and Linda,hmmmmmm.keep doing the good work tiffany

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Olaooni88(f): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Can't stop laughing.. I must confess, i really enjoyed Linda&Tara's drama. Jordan&Henry u better buckle up or else...

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Cheriepet:

tiff weldone n gudnyt
tnx alot dear!
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
AnnNini: Nice story you got. Keep it going Lady. Just watch your spellings though. smiley
tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
pwettyolly: Well done tiffanyj you doing a great jib here
tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
Ronke001: Why is pregnant Tara consuming alcohol?
That wasn't well thought out Tiffany
i feel that at this point, Tara, although happy to be pregnant doesn't know how to let her husband know. She doesn't drink, and she needed to talk to someone. She foolishly thought the power of alchohol will help her talk to someone.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
dollydolly: Exactly the same thing I thought. I also do not blame Henry for his character seeing the type of home he came from which gave him a bad notion about marriage neither do I blame Linda for loving him blindly even with his silly behaviour. Tiffany ur work is really a lovely piece which is y I think u re really rushing it . Some chapters were like u were writing a summary or simply not giving us the details. Aside few typos ur work is great n ur story line superb. More ideas to u dear.
okay, your observations are noted. Tnx dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2014
kingphilip: setting up a revenge is not d answer neither getting back but sure forgiveness is the key to happiness

BTW nice one Tiffany it's in u... ride on
tnx kingphilip
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnx kingphilip
Tiffany Where u de?? me de go house tomorrow o. I don tire for ds place. rain just de fall no wan stop. cold wan kill me join too
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
hassan85: Tiffany Where u de?? me de go house tomorrow o. I don tire for ds place. rain just de fall no wan stop. cold wan kill me join too
i actually thought you've left already. I send you a mail this morning, have you seen it? I'm also leaving tomorrow. Which of the hostels are you?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
pricelesslove: nice one
tnx dearie
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
LyndaRoyce:

Thumbs up tiffany.... I love the twist.
tnx alot dear

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2014
seunviju: Marriage nawa o.Jst pray Jordan won't beat Tara @ home so that the pregnancy won't get spoilt o.but as 4 Henry and Linda,hmmmmmm.keep doing the good work tiffany
okay ma and tnx
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnx kingphilip
updates please
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Culnellie(f): 8:13pm On Aug 01, 2014
welldone tiffany...did u graduate from unn?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
Culnellie: welldone tiffany...did u graduate from unn?
tnx dear, i graduated from ABU Zaria. Why did you asked?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
kingphilip:
updates please
leme quickly make one
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2014
waiting dear..

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Bloomingbud(f): 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2014
TiffanyJ:
tnx dear, i graduated from ABU Zaria. Why did you asked?

Tiffany J. #proudly Abusite# Did you graduate from English dept?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by okeoghene4real(f): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
Wonder what Jordan's reactions will be when he discover his wife is pregnant

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Olusanya333(m): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
I'm not the reading type but i love this Story. I can see creativity at work here OP is more than a genius.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
'I can see clearly now that the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way...'
Linda was singing loudly as Jordan drove steadily down the road. Henry simply chose to snob her.
'oh gosh Linda, you are disturbing'
Tara murmured.
'i'm sure i'm not'
'ofcourse you are'
they began arguing. Soon Tara got tired and fell into a deep slumber. Linda continued singing. Their husbands had been unusually quite.
At the Duplex, Henry invited Jordan to spend the night with them.
'Jordan, it's already 1:15am. Why not just pass the night here'
'i don't think it's gonna be a good idea'
'ofcourse it is, i'm sure i can get some of Linda's clothes for Tara while you borrow mine'
Jordan stared at his sleeping wife. The last thing he wanted was to returned home and have to explain to his parents what had happened.
He agreed to Henry's offer. They alight and each picked his sleeping wife upstairs. Henry showed a room to Jordan.
He went back to his room and helped Linda out of her clothes and into a pyjamas.
He too changed his clothes. He went to the next room and checked on his daughter. She was sleeping peacefully.
Henry decided he needed a drink to calm his nerves. He walked downstairs, opened the refrigerator and brought out a bottle of french wine. Jordan joined him. They drank quitely for about ten minutes.
'I wonder why Tara chose to do what she did today. I'm still baffled'
Henry sighed.
'i hate to think of what those guys would have done to them if we had arrived five minutes late'
Henry told Jordan.
'bet me Henry, what had happened will get to the press. Tara knows better than to behave so loosely'
they finished their drink and went up to their various rooms.

Linda was awake but she refused to open her eyes. She heard Henry entered the room with Daisy.
He kept her on the bed and she immediately rolled towards her mother.
'Linda, kindly quit the show. I know you are awake. Jordan passed the night here. Quickly prepare breakfast for us'
she opened her eyes. Her head felt heavy and she needed panadol.
'How could you be so foolish Linda. Congratulations, you and Tara are now infamous in the gossip news'
she shrugged and pretended indifference. She couldn't even pick Daisy up.
'if you did went to a bar, got drunk and misbehaved in order to get my attention then you've succeeded. Lara will be transfered within the week'
she kept quite. He had a bath only to emerged and find Linda gone but Daisy sleeping on the bed.
He came down fifteen minutes later for breakfast. The Nicholas were already seated. They were obviously not talking to eachother.
They had tea and bread. On their way out, Tara threw up her breakfast. She looked ill and ready to swoon. Jordan quickly went to her.
'are you ill my sweet?'
'are you not suppose to be angry with me?'
'i am Tara, but you look ill. He led her into the sitting room.
Promise me you won't repeat what you did yesterday'
'Jordan, i'm not feeling good at all'
'you are on family planning, i would have said you are pregnant'
Tara looked astonished. She left her seat. Linda urged her with her eyes to tell Jordan the truth.
Tara's reactions to Jordan's last words set him in motion. He made a mental calculation.
'you are not pregnant Tara, are you?'
'I...em....Jordan...'
'what is it Tara?tell me'
he took a step towards her she took another step backward
'you are pregnant'
'yes Jordan i am. It's a month old'
'goodness Tara, we agreed not to have children this soon. Beside, you are still in school'
'that's your decision not mine. I wanted more kids'
'Tara, i'm scared. You nearly died with Eugene's pregnancy. It's a miracle you survived. I can't bear to loss you'
Linda felt Tara and Jordan were having a private discussion.
'Henry, please i need your help upstairs'
'no Linda, you are going no where. Tara wasn't like this, your appearance in our lives made her rebellious. You Linda are to blame for these. You've always been too lousy and loosed
Henry if you can't control your wife, then tell her to stay the hell away from Tara. She's corrupting my wife'
Jordan shouted. Linda went numb. She waited for Henry to defend her, he didn't.
'Jordan, please apologize to Linda'
Tara told him.
'Tara you heard your husband. I'm a bad influence on you. Have a nice day'
She went upstairs to her room. She didn't even look at either Jordan nor Henry. Tara angrily picked her bag and left the house.
'come back here Tara, i'm not through with you'
Jordan angrily shouted

3 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by ifyude(f): 12:28am On Aug 02, 2014
How can jordan say that to linda and the so called husband kept quiet while another man insults his wife in his presences they need to reset henry's brain. well done Tiffanyj .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 12:40am On Aug 02, 2014
i wonder what is wrong with dese men... Jordan has no right to accuse linda or wasnt he sleeping with his wife? i believe henry needs a brain reset? WTH
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:59am On Aug 02, 2014
that was harsh, Jordan.
Very very!! sad
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 4:45am On Aug 02, 2014
matrimony! well let's see How patients and intelligence prevails. I Am beginning to feel ds ladies are having dia way toomuch.... tiff Weldon
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 4:47am On Aug 02, 2014
ifyude: How can jordan say that to linda and the so called husband kept quiet while another man insults his wife in his presences they need to reset henry's brain. well done Tiffanyj .
she deserves it. some one needs to take d blame for What happened. though it was harsh of Jordan But for me, it's ok
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:03am On Aug 02, 2014
Bloomingbud:

Tiffany J. #proudly Abusite# Did you graduate from English dept?
yep, what about you?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:06am On Aug 02, 2014
Olusanya333: I'm not the reading type but i love this Story. I can see creativity at work here OP is more than a genius.
tnx alot dear. Keep reading

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.