Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

I Think I Prefer The Name Naijiria To Nigeria What Is Your Take???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think I Prefer The Name Naijiria To Nigeria What Is Your Take???? (624 Views)

Delta State: N773 Billion Debt. Largest In Nigeria. What Was Done With The Debt? / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? / If You Are The President Of Nigeria, What Will You Do Differently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Prefer The Name Naijiria To Nigeria What Is Your Take???? by KnowAll(m): 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Most African languages spell words the way they are pronounced hence that is why our youths prefer to call Nigeria - Naija. Rather than choose the short version of this cool name, why don't we just change the spelling of present Nigeria to Naijiria, I think it is much better than that stupiiiid word some folks is recommending that sounds like "Air-gun" abi wetin be that ye-ye name again.

Cote' voire did it a couple of years back, when she announced to the world she would like to be known henceforth as her french spelling in all conferences and official gatherings involving the country, and since then the world seems to have adhered to it except probanly in the UK where they still call her the " Ivory Coast " . Nigeria has being confused with Niger Republic several times in the past, even to the extent that the Nigerien National Anthem has been played as the Nigerian national Anthem.

To avoid this confusion in future we should adhere to spelling our country the "African way" rather than the anglicized way. Also River Niger should be re-named and spelt as river Naija instead of Niger.

what is your take on this ladies and gentlemen.
Re: I Think I Prefer The Name Naijiria To Nigeria What Is Your Take???? by KnowAll(m): 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Re: I Think I Prefer The Name Naijiria To Nigeria What Is Your Take???? by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
What God has named let no man change grin
Re: I Think I Prefer The Name Naijiria To Nigeria What Is Your Take???? by KnowAll(m): 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote]What God has named let no man change
[/quote

which God named Nigeria, "Nigeria" no be Lugard's girl friend name our country Nigeria, not even his wife, his girl-friend we don suffer........ No wonder nothing works in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Think I Prefer The Name Naijiria To Nigeria What Is Your Take???? by egift(m): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Any new useful meaning to the name? For our problem is not name, but Leadership of Greed and Selfishness.

(1) (Reply)

Security Message For U.S. Citizens: Restriction Of Movement In Ikeja / EU Donates N3.4bn To Boost Nigeria Power supply / Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.