Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan (2875 Views)

Pius Odubu Escapes Assassination (Edo Deputy Governor) - Photo / Wike’s Aide, Inko-Tariah, Escapes Assassination In Rivers State!!! / Some Political High Profile Assassination In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by omolomolarinero: 4:27am On Jul 07, 2014
A former Chairman of the Oyo State chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, Lateef Akinsola, popularly called Tokyo, on Saturday escaped being lynched by suspected thugs in Agbeni area of Ibadan. Akinsola had visited the home of the Chief Imam of Ibadanland, Sheikh Haruna Suara, with some of his supporters when he was attacked. The former NURTW chairman, who was taken away from the scene in an Armoured Personnel Carrier belonging to the Oyo State Police Command, said his attackers were after his life and the lives of his supporters, adding that he was lucky to have escaped. “I was at the Chief Imam of Ibadan’s residence to honour his invitation with some of my supporters when they attempted to kill me. My supporters were attacked while I was with the Imam in his house at Agbeni area of Ibadan. “Thank God that my supporters were outside when I was inside with the Imam, maybe I would have been dead by now,” Akinsola said. Bashiru Saheed, Agboola Rasak, Liadi Akande, Rilwan Akinsola and Alani Adaramola were some of Akinsola’s supporters who sustained injuries in the attack. An eyewitness who did not give his name said more than 20 suspected thugs carried out the attack, alleging that they were loyalists of the present Chairman of the NURTW in the state, Taofeek Oyerinde. The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Olabisi Ilobanafor, who confirmed the incident, said that the state police command responded to the call for re-inforcement by Mapo Police Station. She said, “The command despatched a combined police team and an Armed Personnel Carrier to the scene of the attack to quell the violence and rescue Akinsola. We are yet to make any arrest because the place was very rowdy and we have to stop that first and later make arrests based on identification by the witness.

Read More

“We have advised those injured to go for treatment and later come back to help us in our investigations to apprehend the culprits. We will get them and make them face the full wrath of the law to serve as a deterrent to others in the act.” Meanwhile, the chairman of the union in the state, Oyerinde, has denied the allegation against his loyalists by eyewitnesses, saying that those fingered in the attack were at a religious function at the time of the attack. He said, “We have met Alhaji Tokyo on several occasions and we have never attacked him. We are not a violent union again. We will continue to maintain the peace in the state. Those people mentioned in connection with the attack were at the NTA Ibadan Second Ramadan Lecture of the late Alhaji Abdul-Azeez Arisekola-Alao when the incident happened. The police should conduct investigation and get the video clip of the programme to ascertain my claim,” Oyerinde said.

http://whatsupibadan.com/2014/07/07/ex-nurtw-boss-tokyo-escapes-assassination-in-ibadan/

Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by stinggy(m): 4:53am On Jul 07, 2014
This man face sha grin Too handsome for that nickname tongue

4 Likes

Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by tyson99(m): 6:02am On Jul 07, 2014
This man and his wahala....he's too fugly(the act of being f.vcking ugly)
Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by eaglechild: 6:22am On Jul 07, 2014
A zenith of fugliness.

Dem plenty for Ibadan sha.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by aryzgreat: 6:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Bunch of lazy, fugly ape looking touts!
Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 07, 2014
He is a handsome young man; why would they wanna kill him??
Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by idupaul: 8:30am On Jul 07, 2014
So Tokyo de fear to die after being behind the death of many Oyo people.. Live by the gun and die by the gun ..
Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by stinggy(m): 8:33am On Jul 07, 2014
eaglechild: A zenith of fugliness.

Dem plenty for Ibadan sha.
**yawns**
I'll soon ban you,wait and see grin
Re: Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan by carammel(f): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2014
lord have mercy,this man ugly o... shocked

(1) (Reply)

7 Boko Haram Inmates Escape From Ekwuluobia Prison In Anambra( *picture*) / Ondo international airport and its sorry state / What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.