Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy (42567 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) / A List Of Yoruba Charms And Their Uses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Valto(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2014
BENIN— A 25-year-old man simply identified as Osamame Isekhuere (aka Black Arrow) was weekend shot dead in Benin by his friend while trying to test the efficacy of charms in his possession popularly knownas ‘Africa Insurance’.
The shooting which occurred at the Oba market, at the centre of Benin metropolis, Vanguard gathered, forced many traders in the market to lock up their shops and run for their lives following riots occasioned by the killing.
It was gathered that Osamame had asked one of his friends to shoot him to test a new charm that he had acquired against bullets after incising and rubbing the charms on their bodies and they decided to test it with live bullets.
According to the source, Osamame first shot at his friend but the bullet did not penetrate but when the friend shot at Osamame on the chest, the charm failed. Osamame was said to have died instantly.
His friends, who heard of the killing, burnt down a building where the said friend was living in a rented apartment.
Police spokesman, DSP Uwoh Noble, when contacted, said he was yet to be briefed on the matter.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/man-killed-benin-testing-charms-efficacy/

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by advocate666: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To think I have one of those charms on me.

Thank Satan I have never tested it. grin

35 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 07, 2014
The gods are not to be blame.

36 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Jakumo(m): 11:18am On Jul 07, 2014
Oh well, at least the witch doctor who supplied the bullet-proof juju made sure he got paid BEFORE the technology was tested with real ammunition, so the dead man's body won't need to be sold for spare-parts to Nigeria's fetish industry, as payment for consultancy fees due.

17 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2014
I pity the poor boy... Don't trust in god but trust in God

39 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by donphilopus: 11:25am On Jul 07, 2014
The charm failed him?! Lol. Why now setting the other guy's house ablaze?! Was it his fault?! Abeg, make dem free d guy joor.

Ireyi oshimi amo zu yin!

7 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by yorex2011: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2014
Odikwa risky business shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Trut(m): 11:30am On Jul 07, 2014
Odeshi don shie.

25 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2014
He went for the china fake odeshi

15 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Lilimax(f): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2014
The hunter suddenly became the hunted angry
So sad!
BTW, does charm still work these days undecided?
NOT!

5 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by DONMAYOR19(m): 12:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Valto: According to the source, Osamame first shot at his friend but the bullet did not penetrate but when the friend shot at Osamame on the chest, the charm failed. Osamame was said to have died instantly./
obviously, those people in the other world ( I mean witch like those snakes that climb live wire in ekosodi, stil in the same edo state few days go) discuss about osamane last night, and once them tender ur matter, no charm fit save you except almighty God. Na So Osamane aka black arrow take go o. grin

25 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Why did they burn the house na? He willy-nilly agreed to be shot afterall

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Tolexander: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Even in the qualitative pharmacological test, it isn't advisable to test the potency of a drug on human directly.

The idìot could have used a fowl for the testing rather than using himself.

Instead of him to rest in peace, he is now resting in pieces!

12 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by abdulaz: 12:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
the worth of life... Na only him waka come grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by doctokwus: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Don't evn bliv d part dat it worked on his friend,maybe just to embelish d story.These things don't work,yet foolish pple wud continually wasting their lives testing them.
If dey worked,members of d nig army& d other armed forces who are d chief users of charms wud not b dying in d hands of BH& armed robbers.

23 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by lobell: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
donphilopus: The charm failed him?! Lol. Why now setting the other guy's house ablaze?! Was it his fault?! Abeg, make dem free d guy joor.

Ireyi oshimi amo zu yin!
Ireyi oshimi a dagu
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Jakumo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Tolexander:

The idìot could have used a fowl for the testing rather than using himself.

You know that's right. In my own modest efforts to educate people in Nigeria that ONLY a regular Kevlar vest will stop a bullet, I have blown a few chickens to red fragments with my trusty shotgun, to the utter dismay of spectating Juju-ologists who had festooned the test subjects with magic necklaces and other meaningless fetish crap, in the hopes of making them blast proof.

To sweeten the offer, I had promised several Juju men that IF their "traditionally protected" chickens repelled my close-range blasts of hot buckshot, I would surrender my gun to the witch-doctors, and enroll under their tutelage as a paying student of Juju-Motive Technology. That shotgun still stands by my bedside in Nigeria, ready for action as needed, and still ALL mine, after all those tests carried out to see if African Magic really works proved ultimately that it does NOT work at all.

37 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
LWKMH. This goes to shoe that Benin cultists are a very dumb bunch.
The guy asked to be shot.
The guy told his friend to shoot him.
The friend shot him.
The donkey died.
Now they are rioting and burning down buildings that most of their fathers cant afford to build. Yeye.

25 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by gameboy727(m): 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ehya, poor him.
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Leetunechi: 1:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hahaha grin grin

my edo people at it again grin grin

why the guy nor shot am for leg ? grin

na oba market dem say mek una test the jazz grin ?

Belike say dis people feel say..life get duplicate grin grin

orzwoooor...

9 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by donphilopus: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
lobell:
Ireyi oshimi a dagu

Ogami... Ane etuno uwa vi?! Nenki Egbira?! Makuwu gan!
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by LMAyedun(m): 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Okay!! R I P to him
We shouldn't be bothered over this kinda death.
Next news plsss
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by idupaul: 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
Jakumo:

You know that's right. In my own modest efforts to educate people in Nigeria that ONLY a regular Kevlar vest will stop a bullet, I have blown a few chickens to red fragments with my trusty shotgun, to the utter dismay of spectating Juju-ologists who had festooned the test subjects with magic necklaces and other meaningless fetish crap, in the hopes of making them blast proof.

To sweeten the offer, I had promised several Juju men that IF their "traditionally protected" chickens repelled my close-range blasts of hot buckshot, I would surrender my gun to the witch-doctors, and enroll under their tutelage as a paying student of Juju-Motive Technology. That shotgun still stands by my bedside in Nigeria, ready for action as needed, and still ALL mine, after all those tests carried out to see if African Magic really works proved ultimately that it does NOT work at all.

Why use buckshots on bird .. You sef no play fair na grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Jakumo(m): 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
idupaul:

Why use buckshots on bird .. You sef no play fair na grin

I agree that buckshot is overkill for a chicken, but number 7 bird-shot would only have killed the bird without scattering its pieces over a wide area, as is possible with buckshot.

I no go gree make Babalawo see any part of that him fowl to collect and take do soup.

18 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
good for HIM. better luck next time.
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by fyneboi79(m): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Too bad
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Deiok(m): 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Its a pity. He would have been usefull if he had attempted to rescue the chiboks girls.

3 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Guykhena(m): 1:28pm On Jul 07, 2014

57 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by ElFenomeno1: 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2014
African insurance grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by primusmaximus: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Shouldn't common sense tell these people to test these things on the hand or leg 1st. They always go for head or chest

5 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Lexusgs430: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
Self imposed Guinea Pig!!!

8 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by passionate88: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
The jazz see d gun run...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Black Celebrities, What African peoples could they be from? / Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.