Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy (42564 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / 20 Popular Yoruba Charms And Their Uses(With Direct English Translations) / A List Of Yoruba Charms And Their Uses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Afritop(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
RIP Black Arrow
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by ghostofsparta(m): 4:23pm On Jul 07, 2014
Jakumo: You know that's right. In my own modest efforts to educate people in Nigeria that ONLY a regular Kevlar vest will stop a bullet, I have blown a few chickens to red fragments with my trusty shotgun, to the utter dismay of spectating Juju-ologists who had festooned the test subjects with magic necklaces and other meaningless fetish crap, in the hopes of making them blast proof.
Unless you just so fancy how jakumo sound like to have used it as your username, I assume you are a Yoruba with some degree of Yoruba based knowledge to know that jakumo is a Yoruba word for Hyena which many Yorubas, perhaps Yoruba kids/youths of nowadays in Lagos do not know. To presume this is to as well place you on a level that you ought to be smart enough to have video-recorded your chicken-blasting adventures. Which I'm imploring you to post it on youtube for us to see, if you can't do that....well you need not bust your balls to be fabricating tales all in a bid to discredit what you think is impossible for I hereby ask you to accept an opportunity to witness the real deal. Other disbelieving Nairaland atheists can tag along with their HD camcorder.

To sweeten the offer, I had promised several Juju men that IF their "traditionally protected" chickens repelled my close-range blasts of hot buckshot, I would surrender my gun to the witch-doctors, and enroll under their tutelage as a paying student of Juju-Motive Technology. That shotgun still stands by my bedside in Nigeria, ready for action as needed, and still ALL mine, after all those tests carried out to see if African Magic really works proved ultimately that it does NOT work at all.
Who and who were the juju men you promised your non-existing buckshot if their quackery heresay knowledge of the real deal could have you fooled? Don't bring your fire-arm....if you and the rest are willing, eager and ready, we would seek Police permission and ask to provide us with two or so officer to monitor the test wherein an AK-47 held by an assigned to us will fire a chicken tied down. Two or three shots aimed to your satisfaction should be able to determine if this whole claim on the efficacy of ABP is true or false.

8 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by einsteino(m): 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
doctokwus: Don't evn bliv d part dat it worked on his friend,maybe just to embelish d story.These things don't work,yet foolish pple wud continually wasting their lives testing them.
If dey worked,members of d nig army& d other armed forces who are d chief users of charms wud not b dying in d hands of BH& armed robbers.

say what u kno. As a matter of fact, they do work. just pack to ekosodi, or ask any uniben student wey dey live for that area, how cult boys dey use survive all the attempts on their lives.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
macof:

Yh like the God that let his worshipers get killed by boko haram??
I didn't expect an atheist/ a traditionalist to quote me... If you're one, just unquote me cos i gat nofin to do with the ungodly
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by wyzvic004(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
ani etuno makuwooooo
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Jakumo(m): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
ghostofsparta:

As a scientific researcher in the study of whatever mechanics various Yoruba Advanced Science eka juju functions...I have come to understand a lot which is just measly 0.5% of all the whole thing. Don't misconstrue me as I am not saying I am a dibia or a certified Babalawo or Onisegun...... I am a passionate pan africanist who has immense interest in the scientific approach our ancient ancestors took to achieve numerous tasks some of which would be deemed irrationaly unscientific in the purview of modern science.

That been said, I can say there are two forms of every given juju aka Youba Advanced Science...I call it

1. Tangible form: A physicallized configuration of an 'energized matter' usually in a belt-form (onde), arm-tie (ifunpa) etc. These types are what some erroneously referred to as juju which should not be so since it is french rendition of woo-woo i.e. Mumbo jumbo.
2. Non-tangible form: A internalized delivery of 'energized matter' mostly in the form of specific powdery-like compounds contactivated with esoteric utterances. Internalization may refer to ingestion of special potions, incision of a specific number of marks to a particular area of the body rubbed with an 'energized matter' and lastly exposure of the reciepient to forces awakened to be super-active at a particular time of the day or season. The non-tangible form often requires specific rites to be made during it process. Most importantly is that either form 1 or 2, they most of the time has consequences, conditions and repercussions if ceertain warnings or taboos have been violated.

That man that got shot and died probably just did a version of NTF which requires its user not to defy it by unnecessarily putting it to test. These sciences on anti-bullets are so numerous that modern science would exhaust if it dares attempts to rationalize how it works. I'm saying this because it is only one version out of many that I have been able to propose a scientific hypothesis to its manner of operation.

Reading the above beautifully written dissertation on the pseudo-science of non-verifiable juju and hocus-pocus "technology", I was reminded of the immortal words pasted on the office door of a professor whose lectures I attended back in college.

[size=14pt]"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullchit."[/size]

Ghost of Sparta you are by far the most talented practitioner of applied bullchit dispensation that I have encountered in a very long time. My hat is off to you sir, for you are a living legend in my book, and I will follow you to the ends of the Earth, in order to learn the fine art of the gab from the true undisputed master.

Ha ha I just read your rejoinder to my earlier post. Hell no I am not about to photograph myself shooting at a helpless chicken, even if the bird IS dressed up in full Juju regalia for the occasion. A muffuguh could get locked up for animal cruelty posting that kind of footage. Just take my word that I carried out the ballistics tests described above, Ghost.

Since you evidently believe all claims relating to purported magic feats at face value without any requirement for practical demonstrations, please accept my own claim with similar blind faith, and forget that Youtube video idea. I won't be doing that any time soon.

5 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by onyeuka: 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
Some days are like that, R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by macof(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
nathdim: I wonder wen nigeria will realise how to make analysis if you get to the bank you see armed police men with bullet proof vest and cars not babalawo or any kind of magician even America the most powerful country in the world don't believe in black magic

what's exactly is your definition of "black magic"?

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by macof(m): 4:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
9jacrip: First shot did not penetrate - he could have stopped here. Stuffs of this nature are not meant for intentional/expected shots and it is meant to save one from first attempt which signifies taking flight!

I've seem some who had juju to prevent metals/bottles from penetrating their skin. After few punches of bottles, stabs or slashes of the knife/cutlass, the spot beings to swell with black mark but eventually gives way.

You should never intentionally test these things.

But how can you have faith in the charm if you haven't tested it?
Believing such a thing which hasn't guaranteed itself to effectiveness is hope

We can't always live by hope and wishes.
phuckNL:

In nigeria, it is always "them say". The fact that they said it did not "penetrate" does not mean that is what actually happened. Humans lie and NIGERIANS are KINGS when it comes to lieing so why would you believe what they said. I maintain the jazz is fake and the initial shot was a miss. The second was on target, hence, the guy "modded"

Yh believe the part you want and scream lies on the part you don't want.

Fvckard

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by macof(m): 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
frankben: I didn't expect an atheist/ a traditionalist to quote me... If you're one, just unquote me cos i gat nofin to do with the ungodly

Well sorry you fool. I don't fall into the category of "ungodly"

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by myspnigeria: 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hin go explain wetin happen to satan
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by dnawah(m): 4:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lilimax: The hunter suddenly became the hunted angry
So sad!
BTW, does charm still work these days undecided?
NOT!
no!but where u dey stay?make i come touch u,u go follow me go house.no fear just joking grin
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by JEITO: 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
.I........S A K A B A!!!!!!
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by ghostofsparta(m): 4:42pm On Jul 07, 2014
frankben: I didn't expect an atheist/ a traditionalist to quote me... If you're one, just unquote me cos i gat nofin to do with the ungodly
So who are the godly? Boko Haram mass murdering in the name of the god of the Arabs 'Allah'? or the then European Christians who fought infidels and usurp their lands in the name of Jeovah god? Or was it godly the murderous deeds of the Inquistons who murdered millions of innocent women labelled as heretic witch after been forced to confess to have had pact with the imaginary Satan or demons? Or is it the Conquistador who killed millions in south America in the name of Christianity only to steal their treasures.

2 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nosaghae(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2014
black arrow after all the gri gri wen u do for inside oba market dey collect market women money by force, u just die like fowl.
All the curse wen those market women curse u for their mind Na im kill u so.
nairalanders pls don't ever attempt to earn a living at the expense of another becos the law of karma nor get 'ODESHI'

3 Likes

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Ayatullah(m): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
advocate666: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

To think I have one of those charms on me.

Thank Satan I have never tested it. grin

The Satan you just thanked will soon confuse you to use it........his followers will always wail and gnash their teeth. Better be wise and turn to thanking your creator.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by ghostofsparta(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Jakumo:

Reading the above beautifully written dissertation on the pseudo-science of non-verifiable juju and hocus-pocus "technology", I was reminded of the immortal words pasted on the door of a professor whose lectures I attended back in college.

[size=14pt]"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullchit."[/size]

Ghost of Sparta you are by far the most talented practitioner of applied bullchit dispensation that I have encountered in a very long time. My hat is off to you sir, for you are a living legend in my book, and I will follow you to the ends of the Earth, in order to learn the fine art of the gab from the true undisputed master.

Ha ha I just read your rejoinder to my earlier post. Hell no I am not about to photograph myself shooting at a helpless chicken, even if the bird IS dressed up in full Juju regalia for the occasion. A muffuguh could get locked up for animal cruelty posting that kind of footage. Just take my word that I carried out the ballistics tests described above, Ghost.

Since you evidently believe all claims relating to purported magic feats at face value without any requirement for practical demonstrations, please accept my own claim with similar blind faith, and forget that Youtube video idea. I won't be doing that any time soon.
Too much talk is cheap. What can you and I do? PM me.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Jakumo(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
ghostofsparta:
Too much talk is cheap. What can you and I do? PM me.

There is no PM facility in this website Oga. Just talk am for open market-place and prepare for boxing match when we meet for beer parlor.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by kaima1984(f): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
PhenomenonVFX: LWKMH. This goes to shoe that Benin cultists are a very dumb bunch.
The guy asked to be shot.
The guy told his friend to shoot him.
The friend shot him.
The donkey died.
Now they are rioting and burning down buildings that most of their fathers cant afford to build. Yeye.
Yet dey kept saying benin no dey carry last,who carry last nw?

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Hemustprevail: 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Eh eh he! No cause 4 control everytin is under alarm... Na PAGan9Ja remain to test him own...oya, seun wey ur fourple barrel
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by kaima1984(f): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Benin don carry last finally,I tot dem no dey carry last,hahahah
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by ghostofsparta(m): 5:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
Jakumo:

There is no PM facility in this website Oga. Just talk am for open market-place and prepare for boxing match when we meet for beer parlor.
Here is my offer....get your firearm and one or two atheists volunteer from Nairaland. I will, bring along a big male chicken and will do a public test on the animal. However, before going ahead what do you propose on security for there have been events of this nature in the past where as it is about to start, everyone gets rounded up by the Nigerian Police Force and charged with one crime or the other such as conspiring to commit murder or planning to attack.....hence the most important thing in this educative undertaking is to satisfy the police people that no way do we intend to do something criminal, then we can proceed from there.
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by lobell: 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lustig:
Etemeya ke?
Ete o dashi
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by lobell: 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
donphilopus:

Ogami... Ane etuno uwa vi?! Nenki Egbira?! Makuwu gan!
Anuno confirm! Ete meya
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by frank043(m): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lilimax: The hunter suddenly became the hunted angry
So sad!
BTW, does charm still work these days undecided?
NOT!
Yea,it does work,like the other guy's charm worked. Actually,ask yourself if the devil does exist,if yes,then charms work,and if no,then they don't.

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by youngice(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Leetunechi: Hahaha grin grin

my edo people at it again grin grin

why the guy nor shot am for leg ? grin

na oba market dem say mek una test the jazz grin ?

Belike say dis people feel say..life get duplicate grin grin

orzwoooor...]

u be real benin

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by knowledge4(m): 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Eh Ya! Sorry OH,Black Arrow.
Considering the circumstances of your departure,what kind of account will you give before the Judge(Ecclesiastes 12:14)(Hebrews 9:27)?
Too late to make amends oh
Rest in peace
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Waspy(m): 5:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
Niggar might have been a robber or a thug....But That's non of my business, Karma needs to justify his money's worth

1 Like

Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 07, 2014
Zedric: Why did they burn the house na? He willy-nilly agreed to be shot afterall
check the meaning of willy-nilly
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Jhosh(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nan only chinko tins i knw no dey last.Niqer charms 2 no don turn fake now?Lol.D quy nan mumu,afta hz friend kon shoot him first,e kn tel em 2 shoot aqain.Nan so dem dey test d gods.?Wel lyk d person wu wrte d gods are not 2 b blamed.Its true
Re: Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2014
yeepa! the mumu carry double barrel, point am to ya "shest" and you sef think say the lizard and aligator pepper wey you chop go fit stop am?
hope say e don do "oyinbo insurance" cos dem alaye don burn house wey belong to ya landlord fa.

next time, tell ur padi to try am for ya leg first, if e no enter, then maybe try your yansh and call it a day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Highlighting Two Igbo Deities And Their Significance To Their Followers (Pics) / Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.