Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? (21844 Views)

How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / What Course Is This Man Studying / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 8:28am On Jul 08, 2014
which medical course is seconded to medicine/surgery in terms of populous? And why?

Med. Lab?
Optometry?
Denistry?
Pharmacy?
Biochemistry?
Microbiology?
Physiology?
Nursing science?
Physiotherapy? Etc.

Please medics comment

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 08, 2014
Dentistry(BDS) by far; in no small scale, is closest to Medicine ,

6 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Kendzyma(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: which omedical course is seconded to medicine/surgery in terms of populous? And why?

Med. Lab?
Optometry?
Denistry?
Pharmacy?
Biochemistry?
Microbiology?
Physiology?
Nursing science?
Physiotherapy? Etc.

Please medics comment
d bolded

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2014
Raymondenyi: Dentistry(BDS) by far; in no small scale, is closest to Medicine ,
please what are your reasons?

Would like to hear them
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2014
Kendzyma: d bolded
please what are your reasons?
Would like to hear them
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by UniqueGem(m): 9:05am On Jul 08, 2014
Anatomy and Physiology. My thoughts though.

2 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 08, 2014
Microbiology grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 9:43am On Jul 08, 2014
UniqueGem: Anatomy and Physiology. My thoughts though.
please any backups?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 9:44am On Jul 08, 2014
oluafolabi: Microbiology grin grin
backup please
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: backup please
LOL. Sarcasm must be new to you.

5 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2014
oluafolabi: LOL. Sarcasm must be new to you.
this is not time to be sacarstic. I seek truth not sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by UniqueGem(m): 10:13am On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: please any backups?
Not at all. Like I said, it's my personal thought. Btw is this a plot to make frontpage too after Francistonys' exploit?

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 10:29am On Jul 08, 2014
UniqueGem: Not at all. Like I said, it's my personal thought. Btw is this a plot to make frontpage too after Francistonys' exploit?
lolz did he make fb?

Secondly nope, wanna knw incase i dnt get med.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Quinnlee: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2014
Nursing sciences(B.SC).....because dey do almost d courses drs do.Dey are tot all d procedures which Drs carry out except deep surgeries because part of their job is 2assist the doctors in whateva dey do so dey hv an idea of whatever d Drs are doing.Nurses even go extra because they are trained as the PATIENT'S ADVOCATE.

5 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 08, 2014
Native doctor. They both consult,and prescribe.

7 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by UniqueGem(m): 11:19am On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: lolz did he make fb?

Secondly nope, wanna knw incase i dnt get med.
Yes he made fp. I'm interested in the thread too.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 11:25am On Jul 08, 2014
Yomieluv: Native doctor. They both consult,and prescribe.
lolz
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 11:26am On Jul 08, 2014
UniqueGem: Yes he made fp. I'm interested in the thread too.
d guy eh!

Are u a med?
Which school?
Level?
Or a doctor?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Smartsyn(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2014
Herbal Medicine.

You will agree with me that it's a moving alternative in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Bravoosii: 11:35am On Jul 08, 2014
In terms of lucrativeness, I think it's dentistry, physiotherapy and nursing in that order. Or which other criteria do you have in mind?

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by maryannah(f): 11:58am On Jul 08, 2014
Smartsyn: Herbal Medicine.

Yes dat's BOTANY.

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2014
Smartsyn: Herbal Medicine.

herbal?

Is it medical?

Thought there are titled "naturalists" rather than dr?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Quinnlee: Nursing sciences(B.SC).....because dey do almost d courses drs do.Dey are tot all d procedures which Drs carry out except deep surgeries because part of their job is 2assist the doctors in whateva dey do so dey hv an idea of whatever d Drs are doing.Nurses even go extra because they are trained as the PATIENT'S ADVOCATE.
u mean der do introduction to FEW of the courses doctors do........ dentistry jare

5 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Bravoosii: In terms of lucrativeness, I think it's dentistry, physiotherapy and nursing in that order. Or which other criteria do you have in mind?
what about the prestige and which can substitute med?
Which is as intense as med to get into and to come out successfully?

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 12:17pm On Jul 08, 2014
sexyexcalibur:
u mean der do introduction to FEW of the courses doctors do........ dentistry jare
dentistry last 4 six years like med right?

And i've been wondering pls o tell me what do they do for so long?

Teeth?

And are there as recognised as mbbs i mean in africa at large?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Microtee(m): 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
oluafolabi: Microbiology grin grin
Team# MICROBIOLOGY
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: which omedical course is seconded to medicine/surgery in terms of populous? And why?

Med. Lab?
Optometry?
Denistry?
Pharmacy?
Biochemistry?
Microbiology?
Physiology?
Nursing science?
Physiotherapy? Etc.

Please medics comment

You shouldn't have put Pharmacy. -_-

Not related to Medicine at all. undecided

anyways, it's biochemistry or Dentistry.

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Veterinary Medicine??
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Stefanelle(f): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Medical Laboratory Science
How will the Doctor give the diagnosis if Laboratory tests are not carried out?

All oda courses are also very imp.

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Stefanelle(f): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Medical Laboratory Science
How will the Doctor give the correct diagnosis if Laboratory tests are not carried out?

All oda courses are also very imp.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2014
FrancisTony:

You shouldn't have put Pharmacy. -_-

Not related to Medicine at all. undecided

anyways, it's biochemistry or Dentistry.
hmmmm francis really?

So its no substitute for med?
First time i'm hearing this
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
Microtee: Team# MICROBIOLOGY
but he said he was sarcastic about it. Meaning microbio has no place

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB 2015/2016 UTME Registration Officially Begins / Six Kinds Of freshers You Will Find In The University / Federal Universities In Nigeria Remain Tuition-Free - Dele Alake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.