Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? (21559 Views)

How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / What Course Is This Man Studying / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 9:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Homguy: You forgot to mention Pharmacy! Anyone on that list as lucrative as pharmacy? Check again!
hmmmmmm
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2014
Stefanelle:
U're so birdbrained
LOL. Don't they?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2014
Doclight: hmmmmmm six yrs right?

Why den is oluafolabi saying 5yrs
LOL. You saw me write that?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Homguy(m): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2014
Evergreen123:

can u ppl stop talking trash.
Which surgeries are nurses taught to do?
Surgeries are assisted by younger doctors, not nurses.
The latter deal with the instruments.
U are trained to be patients advocate and at the same time u turn out nightmares to patients .
U are trained to assist doctors, but u turn out disrespectful.
nurses are the rudest and most obnoxious people you can ever meet at the hospital.

3 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 09, 2014
sisiafrika: were u not tot comprehension in school? Read d post u quoted nd ur reply again! And one tin, I was wondering why u were somehow shallow and den discovered u attended a 3rd rated state medical school. No offense. Change has come to stay, u eida take it or leave it, stop feeling threatened. Nd stop pesting. If ur gud at what u do, den no need to be insecure. I v been to hospitals and I see non_doctors being treated with true respect nd dignity by d 'doctors', why? Because dey knw dia work nd do it diligently Witout taking bullshit!!! Madam, ur are no diff from d potter, only ur brains nd humility will distingish u

Don't mind this Medical students.

They feel threatened by anyone.

Thank God Pharmacy ain't under College of Medicine.

Only Pharmacology(ist) can take the bullshiit. undecided
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2014
oluafolabi: LOL. You saw me write that?
sure. Shud i retrospect?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Pr0ton: 10:14am On Jul 09, 2014
Homguy: nurses are the rudest and most obnoxious people you can ever meet at the hospital.
And mention one nurse that has bhaved dt way 2 uangry
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 09, 2014
Doclight: sure. Shud i retrospect?
yes. Pls do..
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 10:17am On Jul 09, 2014
Homguy: nurses are the rudest and most obnoxious people you can ever meet at the hospital.
i can testify to dat. And i wonder hw dey take care of d patients?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Homguy(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2014
Pr0ton:
No, nurses don't behave that way to me most times, and that's because they realize they might sometimes need my help as regards drug acquisition or use. But you need to see most nurses address a patient, at the slightest provocation, they rain insults on patients, esp mothers and their children. However, I must say there are always exceptions to every observation. So not all nurses, but most.

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by sisiafrika(f): 10:41am On Jul 09, 2014
pharm mi, are u sure? Or did u toast one and got a backlash? Also, iv not bin seein ur inputs on all dis nma nd johesu fight. Ur done with intern? Nysc till august niye. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Pr0ton: 10:41am On Jul 09, 2014
Homguy: No, nurses don't behave that way to me most times, and that's because they realize they might sometimes need my help as regards drug acquisition or use. But you need to see most nurses address a patient, at the slightest provocation, they rain insults on patients, esp mothers and their children. However, I must say there are always exceptions to every observation. So not all nurses, but most.
Yeah.. now u knw wat u shld av done b4 grin grin
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by sisiafrika(f): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2014
Pr0ton:
are u a nurse? Guess ur madam is one
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Pr0ton: 10:56am On Jul 09, 2014
sisiafrika: are u a nurse? Guess ur madam is one
grin grin LOL grin grin
But y nt mind ur own business angry
Anyway... I'm a would-be dentist sha
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Homguy(m): 11:02am On Jul 09, 2014
Pr0ton:
Check you First quote! That's not a full sentence. Quote it completely and stop being an Ostrich.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2014
oluafolabi: yes. Pls do..
o mine!

Vey sorry no you

by Exmay : 3:06pm On Jul 08 The best option is Dentistry. Same recognition as
MBBS. Same pay. And its 5yrs not 6 in school... Feel
free to ask any Question. And by the way, don't
mind the cyber bullies.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Pr0ton: 11:33am On Jul 09, 2014
Hmmm..I'm too occupied with many important tins and do not hav dt dull brain 2 waste my precious tym debating on a simple nd clear topic dats meant 2 b vague 2 kids.. but u can as wel reconsider it again...
Homguy: No, nurses don't behave that way to me most times, and that's because they realize they might sometimes need my help as regards drug acquisition or use. But you need to see most nurses address a patient, at the slightest provocation, they rain insults on patients, esp mothers and their children. However, I must say there are always exceptions to every observation. So not all nurses, but most.
And c how u stylishly denied
and c d purpose ov my smart question
Pr0ton:
And wen ur done lemme knw.. I'll try 2 act 9s by replying
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Pr0ton: 11:36am On Jul 09, 2014
Doclight: o mine!

Vey sorry no you

by Exmay : 3:06pm On Jul 08 The best option is Dentistry. Same recognition as
MBBS. Same pay
. And its 5yrs not 6 in school... Feel
free to ask any Question. And by the way, don't
mind the cyber bullies.
The best answer ever

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by SalC: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2014
oluafolabi: Exactly. They also perform surgery, prescribe drugs and go on ward rounds. grin grin
Doclight: do there administer care to patients?
Though I sense scarsm on the first post but then...
A Med lab scientist doesn't perform surgery, if you are running a private lab, you will have to prescribe drug but if you are working in a hospital, the doctors is expected to prescribe the drugs not you safe for the prescription of antibiotics after M/C/S because you will be the one to do the sensitivity test and read the clearance and or resistance rate. And going for ward round does hold much water, even a nurse and hospital care attendant does so with the doctors. No rules said a scientist shouldn't do so. Infact seeing the patients and how they are something aid the scientists, and based on their observations too, they can discuss better discuss the patient's condition with the doctors and the way forward. But in Nigeria where we have created a wide gap between the doctors and scientists, you hardly see such happen. And the patients are the ones who suffer as a result of this.

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
SalC:

A Med lab scientist doesn't perform surgery, if you are running a private lab, you will have to prescribe drug but if you are working in a hospital, the doctors is expected to prescribe the drugs not you safe for the prescription of antibiotics after M/C/S because you will be the one to do the sensitivity test and read the clearance and or resistance rate. And going for ward round does hold much water, even a nurse and hospital care attendant does so with the doctors. No rules said a scientist shouldn't do so. Infact seeing the patients and how they are something aid the scientists, and based on their observations too, they can discuss better discuss the patient's condition with the doctors and the way forward. But in Nigeria where we have created a wide gap between the doctors and scientists, you hardly see such happen. And the patients are the ones who suffer as a result of this.
thanks 4 ur time
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Osahon7: yhu do pediatrics o...though in post graduate sha
my Boss sire..it's been a while..how is studies going sir?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by omicron(m): 12:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
SalC:

Lab scientists are not to prescribe drugs or treatments under any circumstance, including possible prescription of antibiotics after M/C/S sensitivity test. Being in Private Practice should not be an excuse.

Professional Ethics and the Law demands that such patients be referred to a doctor for further management.

Don't treat the Test results. Treat the patient.

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by armadeo(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
Doclight: which medical course is seconded to medicine/surgery in terms of populous? And why?

Med. Lab?
Optometry?
Denistry?
Pharmacy?
Biochemistry?
Microbiology?
Physiology?
Nursing science?
Physiotherapy? Etc.

Please medics comment

The fact that you consider dentistry a subset of the medicine shows a fundamental flaw. The dentist is equal to the medical doctor. A different specialty.

5 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by armadeo(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
oluafolabi: Your ignorance is astounding, and I feel as if no amount of replies on this thread can help you.

Pls render assistance to the op.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Don't mind this Medical students.

They feel threatened by anyone.

Thank God Pharmacy ain't under College of Medicine.

Only Pharmacology(ist) can take the bullshiit. undecided

is there any other dept under college of medicine?
They have college of health sciences
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
SalC:

Abeg lab scientists can help us by processing the samples faster instead of coming to wards to do what I don't know.
y does everybody think the ward round is the epitome of health practice?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Evergreen123:

is there any other dept under college of medicine?
They have college of health sciences

Okay. Forgive my ignorance but those course listed by OP, with Pharmacology and Medicine is under one College(faculty).

Pharmacy stands on its own and can never be a second choice for Medicine. undecided

Medicine is all about Biology(and some others) and Pharmacy is mostly of Chemistry(and some others).
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by SalC: 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
Evergreen123:

Abeg lab scientists can help us by processing the samples faster instead of coming to wards to do what I don't know.
y does everybody think the ward round is the epitome of health practice?
Like I said, I don't see anything wrong if a scientist chooses to see the patient, no law forbids that, and you maybe you are talking about where you work, but where I work scientists produce their result and doctors are the one whom we have to keep waiting for them to come and review the result, so don't come here and make it look like the scientist are the only ones who delay patients diagnosis and treatment.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
SalC: Like I said, I don't see anything wrong if a scientist chooses to see the patient, no law forbids that, and you maybe you are talking about where you work, but where I work scientists produce their result and doctors are the one whom we have to keep waiting for them to come and review the result, so don't come here and make it look like the scientist are the only ones who delay patients diagnosis and treatment.

OK, keep it up at that.
By the way, are doctors the ones that go to collect results on a good day?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Okay. Forgive my ignorance but those course listed by OP, with Pharmacology and Medicine is under one College(faculty).

Pharmacy stands on its own and can never be a second choice for Medicine. undecided

Medicine is all about Biology(and some others) and Pharmacy is mostly of Chemistry(and some others).
College of medicine has only medicine students.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
Evergreen123:
College of medicine has only medicine students.

Lol. Seriously? Oya which faculty is dentistry, biochemistry, Pharmacology, Nursing etc under?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol. Seriously? Oya which faculty is dentistry, biochemistry, Pharmacology, Nursing etc under?
Dentistry is a faculty and a school on its own while nursing,physiology et all are under another faculty which is Basic medical sciences (BMS)... but i must still ask what d op is trying to achieve by opening this thread..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Type The Longest Word You Know And The Meaning / Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools / ASUU Demands ₦1 Trillion From FG To Suspend Ongoing Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.