Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? (22813 Views)

How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / What Course Is This Man Studying / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by SalC: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
Evergreen123:

OK, keep it up at that.
By the way, are doctors the ones that go to collect results on a good day?
I didn't say collect, I said review.

Where I work, collecting or sending result is the work of the care attendants and the clerk in the Lab. Not docctors or scientists.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Omonoba1: Dentistry is a faculty and a school on its own while nursing,physiology et all are under another faculty which is Basic medical sciences (BMS)... but i must still ask what d op is trying to achieve by opening this thread..

LOL! That's a pure lie and I won't believe you all.

Dentistry, Biochemistry, pharmacology, Medicine, Nursing etc are all under College of Medicine.

Only Pharmacy and Law has a faculty on its own.

Why he opened the thread? grin grin For argument sake niyen. cry sad embarassed
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
SalC: I didn't say collect, I said review.

Where I work, collecting or sending result is the work of the care attendants and the clerk in the Lab. Not docctors or scientists.

its ok
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Dentistry, Biochemistry, pharmacology, Medicine, Nursing etc are all under College of Medicine.

y are u arguing over what u should know?
College of medicine is for medical students only, it has only one faculty- medicine.
Nursing, med lab, physiotherapy, radiography depts are under College of health sciences, most schools sits both colleges at the same campus .
Pharmacy has its own faculty too
Physiology, anatomy and medical biochemistry are under basic medical sciences

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
u are confusing faculty and college.
Law doesn't have a college, its faculty is usually in the university campus.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by sisiafrika(f): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

. Stop embarrasing ursef. Say only tins u knw nd very sure off. Nd wait till u get admission before u start d paparazzi, its annoyingly silly.

3 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by sisiafrika(f): 5:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
And wat is obtainable in uni A is diff from Uni B. ABU structure is diff from Unilag nd diff from Uniport's system nd so on, so quit generalizing @evergreen @francisTony

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
sisiafrika: . Stop embarrasing ursef. Say only tins u knw nd very sure off.

Of not Off. Take note. grin

Btw, you're the one that don't know what you're saying. undecided
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Marverick(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
Mehhnnn! Nairaland and comparism , well I wud say dentistry is surely the closest to medicine

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Shori(m): 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

A college is quite different from a faculty. In OAU,pharmacy and law have separate faculties,Biochemistry is a department under Faculty of science. Nursing is under college of health sciences,and I'm not sure if dentistry now have her own faculty or it's still under COHS - College of Health Sciences.

To the OP,I'll say Dentistry and Nursing are the closest to Medicine. Biochemistry,Microbiology,Physiology,Anatomy et cetera should be behind Dentistry and Nursing when it comes to closeness with Medicine! Pharmacy is on another page...
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Samgreguc(m): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Doclight: which medical course is seconded to medicine/surgery in terms of populous? And why?

Med. Lab?
Optometry?
Denistry?
Pharmacy?
Biochemistry?
Microbiology?
Physiology?
Nursing science?
Physiotherapy? Etc.

Please medics comment
pls dont let anybody decieve u Pharmacy is Pharmacy. Infact, there are Pharmaceutical related courses(jst to show u its second to none)
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
Shori: A college is quite different from a faculty. In OAU, pharmacy and law have separate faculties, Biochemistry is a department under Faculty of science. Nursing is under college of health sciences, and I'm not sure if dentistry now have her own faculty or it's still under COHS - College of Health Sciences.

To the OP,I'll say Dentistry and Nursing are the closest to Medicine. Biochemistry,Microbiology,Physiology,Anatomy et cetera should be behind Dentistry and Nursing when it comes to closeness with Medicine! Pharmacy is on another page...

Okay. Thanks. I was using school I know as reference.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Samgreguc(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
Doclight: herbal?

Is it medical?

Thought there are titled "naturalists" rather than dr?
naturalist? Should they further then they wil become Doctor nt Physician.
Mind u, its either Medical Doctor or Physician to be specific so, dnt tink the title Dr is 4 only those who studies medsurg.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Vincenzi: 5:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
I really do not know why people hv to resort to insults on a simple thread. Everyone wants to outshine the other.
OP,put into consideration the chances of getting a job after school
the following courses make job search easy.
Nursing
pharmacy.
Medical laboratory.

As for biochem and micobiology,most standard hospitals do not employ them because they lack the liscence to practice.

Anatomy and physiology is out of it. Most end up not practising it.

Dentistry is also good.

Physiotherapy.....okay. But little employment chances.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

which university are you?? (just want to know)..
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
Omonoba1: which university are you?? (just want to know)..

Not in any. Using UNI I know as a reference.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Not in any. Using UNI I know as a reference.
kk..thats the more reason i find this thread funny,, Dentistry is a school on its own just like medicine is a school on its own..none is second to the other..you can check here>> http://www.euni.de/tools/jobpopup.php?lang=en&option=showJobs&jobid=5250&jobtyp=12&university=University+of+Benin&country=NG&sid=4146
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
Omonoba1: kk..thats the more reason i find this thread funny,, Dentistry is a school on its own just like medicine is a school on its own..none is second to the other..you can check here>> http://www.euni.de/tools/jobpopup.php?lang=en&option=showJobs&jobid=5250&jobtyp=12&university=University+of+Benin&country=NG&sid=4146

I am using UI as reference. Dentistry, Nursing, Medicine and surgery etcetra are under College of Medicine.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:
I am using UI as reference. Dentistry, Nursing, Medicine and surgery etcetra are under College of Medicine.
even in UI it is a faculty and school on its own...here is your link>> http://com.ui.edu.ng/index.php/academics/faculties/dentistry
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
Omonoba1: even in UI it is a faculty and school on its own...here is your link>> http://com.ui.edu.ng/index.php/academics/faculties/dentistry

Here is last UI admission supplement list.

http://ui.edu.ng/content/20132014-second-choice-and-supplementary-admission-list

Check college of medicine and you'll see Dentistry.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
Evergreen123:

y are u arguing over what u should know?
College of medicine is for medical students only, it has only one faculty- medicine.
Nursing, med lab, physiotherapy, radiography depts are under College of health sciences, most schools sits both colleges at the same campus .
Pharmacy has its own faculty too
Physiology, anatomy and medical biochemistry are under basic medical sciences
there re two faculties under the college of health sciences, and that's why it's called a college we have basic medicals comprising of nursing,physiotherapy and we have clinical sciences comprising of. medicine and dentistry. we also have some department s under those faculties like anatomy, physiology etc, the order goes thus college -faculties -departments
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Here is last UI admission supplement list.

http://ui.edu.ng/content/20132014-second-choice-and-supplementary-admission-list

Check college of medicine and you'll see Dentistry.
umm! medicine there is a general term and not specific to mbbs...it is just like calling physicians the only doctors..
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
SAPEDRO:
there re two faculties under the college of health sciences, and that's why it's called a college we have basic medicals comprising of nursing,physiotherapy and we have clinical sciences comprising of. medicine and dentistry. we also have some department s under those faculties like anatomy, physiology etc, the order goes thus college -faculties -departments
well said!! Francistony, this is your answer..
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
SAPEDRO:

Anyway, different universities with their nomenclatures.
FrancisTony might be right too.
In my own university, nursing is not under basic medical sciences but health science faculty.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Homguy(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
Pr0ton: Hmmm..I'm too occupied with many important tins and do not hav dt dull brain 2 waste my precious tym debating on a simple nd clear topic dats meant 2 b vague 2 kids.. but u can as wel reconsider it again...

And c how u stylishly denied and c d purpose ov my smart question

And wen ur done lemme knw.. I'll try 2 act 9s by replying
I really fought the temptation to call you a Slow Poke. I won't insult you.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by ashhascash: 10:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
Omonoba1: Dentistry is a faculty and a school on its own while nursing,physiology et all are under another faculty which is Basic medical sciences (BMS)... but i must still ask what d op is trying to achieve by opening this thread..

Boss Omonoba1 its bin a while.
Here in Oau also Bds is a faculty, wit dept like Paediatric dentistry, Oral nd Maxillofacial surgery, restorative dentistry, preventive dentistry etc under it.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
Evergreen123:

Anyway, different universities with their nomenclatures.
FrancisTony might be right too.
In my own university, nursing is not under basic medical sciences but health science faculty.
of course it's in health sciences generally under college, but When u want to go deep into the classification, then the faculty will be basic medical
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Omonoba1: 2:31am On Jul 10, 2014
ashhascash:

Boss Omonoba1 its bin a while.
Here in Oau also Bds is a faculty, wit dept like Paediatric dentistry, Oral nd Maxillofacial surgery, restorative dentistry, preventive dentistry etc under it.
am loyal Sire..i really wish we could revive the thread...
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Samgreguc(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2014
Homguy: I really fought the temptation to call you a Slow Poke. I won't insult you.
lol . . . . . Keep fighting it.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
@all, please i'm very sorry, i have been unable to post in this thread since yesterday. Was i banned?

And still ahead, i want you to share your knowledges so we can all learn, rather than throw abuses on people you havnt seen. Thank u
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by sisinaijayeye0: 4:31am On Jul 11, 2014
sisiafrika: pharm mi, are u sure? Or did u toast one and got a backlash? Also, iv not bin seein ur inputs on all dis nma nd johesu fight. Ur done with intern? Nysc till august niye. Congrats

Nurses are the rudest and they lack home training, dnt knw why they have inferiority complex. They are next to the most important in the health sector. As for you opebi u be big fool am nt done with u...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RUMOUR:Jamb Has Reduced Cut Of Mark To 170! / How Is Resumption Going So Far In Your University? / ASUU May Join NLC Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.