Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? (21802 Views)

How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / What Course Is This Man Studying / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2014
Sir Doclight...
I have been following this thread since you opened it... I didn't really plan to talk, but i decided to cos of some things.
These thread will only confuse you... Why? Everybody wants to put his course/profession up. Thats a problem we have on nairaland and it's because most people who are meant to be literates don't behave like one...
And its funny you didnt get what OluAfolabi was trying to say. ... You should start reading novels.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Dentistry of course is the closest to MBBS...
Infact, dentistry is never a substitute to medicine...Dentistry itself is medicine.....
The only thing is that most Nigerians are shortsighted n they think all a dentist knws is the teeth.
Dental students do the same courses with mbbs students ryt from preclinicals.. They learn about every cell, tissue n organ of the human body. They learn everything. And they still do their own courses, making them busier n more knowledgeful than mbbs students....**In preclinicals...mbbs guys do anat,physio, n biochem.. Dental peeps do anat,physio,biochem, oral anat,oral physio.
They have many things in common..
They all have specialties, which means you can specialize after ur undergradyate study.
They have the same associations.
They follow the same ranking system.
They do the same things at work...clerking,ward rounds,diagnosis,prescription etc.
Dentists can partake in normal patient cares.
Dentists are not physicians...They are Surgeons...
When you see them at functions, you wont even know who is who.. Cos they are one.
Dentists can rise to being CMDs(heads of hospitals)...
Now,tell me which of those courses offers that......

5 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by christlyke(m): 9:13am On Jul 11, 2014
DrHesjay: Dentistry of course is the closest to MBBS...
Infact, dentistry is never a substitute to medicine...Dentistry itself is medicine.....
The only thing is that most Nigerians are shortsighted n they think all a dentist knws is the teeth.
Dental students do the same courses with mbbs students ryt from preclinicals.. They learn about every cell, tissue n organ of the human body. They learn everything. And they still do their own courses, making them busier n more knowledgeful than mbbs students....**In preclinicals...mbbs guys do anat,physio, n biochem.. Dental peeps do anat,physio,biochem, oral anat,oral physio.
They all have specialties, which means you can specialize after ur undergradyate study.
They do the same things at work...clerking,ward rounds,diagnosis,prescription etc.
When you see them at functions, you wont even know who is who.. Cos they are one.

This is a wonderful write-up, this man just shone the light on the right spot.
I have been following this thread since it was opened and I first of all argued that dentistry couldn't be the closest to medicine, but now I see. Well Op, if this doesn't answer your question, Nna mhen, you are on a long thing o.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by JEITO: 11:13am On Jul 11, 2014
oluafolabi: Microbiology grin grin
am sure u are only trying to promote your course or profession.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2014
DrHesjay: Dentistry of course is the closest to MBBS...
at last a reasonable post. Thanks dr
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
DrHesjay: Sir Doclight...
I have been following this thread since you opened it... I didn't really plan to talk, but i decided to cos of some things.
These thread will only confuse you... Why? Everybody wants to put his course/profession up. Thats a problem we have on nairaland and it's because most people who are meant to be literates don't behave like one...
And its funny you didnt get what OluAfolabi was trying to say. ... You should start reading novels.
LOL. Thank you so much for taking time to reply Doclight. It was too much work for me.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by tonytony208(m): 8:35am On Jul 12, 2014
Doclight: which medical course is seconded to medicine/surgery in terms of populous? And why?

Med. Lab?
Optometry?
Denistry?
Pharmacy?
Biochemistry?
Microbiology?
Physiology?
Nursing science?
Physiotherapy? Etc.

Please medics comment

Anatomy

Physiology

Biochemistry

the 3 above sir are the bedrock or foundation of medicine. Pharmacy, et all come secondary to them
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
tonytony208:

Anatomy

Physiology

Biochemistry

the 3 above sir are the bedrock or foundation of medicine. Pharmacy, et all come secondary to them
biochemistry?
Thought microbio is more to it?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Pr0ton: 6:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
Doclight: at last a reasonable post. Thanks dr
Meaning? undecided

U go burn ni grin
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
Pr0ton:
Meaning? undecided

U go burn ni grin
lolz
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Ralph30: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2015
We all work hand in hand
Nursing students, medical and Medical Students in general cant just miss this
this project topic and material has passed through multiple scrutiny to come to you

Prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Infection in Patients with Renal Disease
http://uniprojectsearch.com/prevalence-hep…-renal-disease/

also visit www.uniprojectsearch.com for quality topics and materials in all fields or departments
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Odunukwe30: 7:31am On Feb 19, 2015
Nursing is the best medical course as they have the highest employment rate
Nursing students, medical students at large, this project topic and material is up to NUC A-grade standard
don't miss, click

Health Seeking Behaviour Practices among Nigerians
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/health-seeking-behaviour-practices-nigerians/

remember that www.uniprojectsearch.com has projects, thesis in all departments
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Izzykid: 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2019
Most of you guys are graduates now, make una yarn us Ur experience

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 20, 2019
sisiafrika:
u have a long way to go. And pls, stay away from pharmacy, its not related to medicine. Physio nd Nursing are d closest. Thanks. We want people who are truly interested in pharmacy nd not those looking for substitutes. Pharmacy is a first choice on its own.
Apt!!!
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by pegix(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2020
im an 100 lvl medical rehab(physiotherapy) student in southwest being a yoruba guy
I've always wanted to study.medicine
got mbbs in unijos without my parents knowledge
need advise pls
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Basic123: 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2020
Doclight:
nairaland creates a medium for d acquisition of apt knowledge.
Its is the truth sha
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Jerrypolo(m): 8:52am On Apr 28, 2020
pegix:
im an 100 lvl medical rehab(physiotherapy) student in southwest being a yoruba guy
I've always wanted to study.medicine
got mbbs in unijos without my parents knowledge
need advise pls
Open up to them bro, if they share in your dream, they will accept it. It's your life and it's what you've always wanted, make them understand that it's the only place you can find joy. The truth is that you fvcked up. You should have spoken to one of them about your interest in taking another jamb or maybe your brother or a close relative, it would have been easier for you.

On a second thought, how come you're just saying this??.. Has it not been long you got the admission, has Unijos not started 100l already??... You may want to create a thread to get audience tho. All the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Comfort Adokwe, Nasarawa State University Lecturer In Keffi / Federal Government Feeding Program in Kano State (Photos) / First Class And 2'1 Graduates: Come And Inspire Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.