Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? (21839 Views)

How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? / What Course Is This Man Studying / The Easiest University To Get Admission For Medicine And Surgery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
Chungchi: Veterinary Medicine??
animal med?

Do they corelate?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: hmmmm francis really?

So its no substitute for med?
First time i'm hearing this

Yes.

It's not a substitute for Medicine.

3 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Stefanelle: Medical Laboratory Science
How will the Doctor give the diagnosis if Laboratory tests are not carried out?

All oda courses are also very imp.
hmmmm

i thought as much.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Microtee(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: but he said he was sarcastic about it. Meaning microbio has no place
Yes!Microbio. has no place....#Dentistry#
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by UniqueGem(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: d guy eh!

Are u a med?
Which school?
Level?
Or a doctor?
An ordinary aspirant like u. Unizik

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Stefanelle: Medical Laboratory Science
How will the Doctor give the diagnosis if Laboratory tests are not carried out?

All oda courses are also very imp.
Exactly. They also perform surgery, prescribe drugs and go on ward rounds. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2014
Microtee: Yes!Microbio. has no place....#Dentistry#
hmmmm

what of biochem?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
UniqueGem: An ordinary aspirant like u. Unizik
hmmmm

God help u sir!
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: dentistry last 4 six years like med right?

And i've been wondering pls o tell me what do they do for so long?

Teeth?

And are there as recognised as mbbs i mean in africa at large?
Your ignorance is astounding, and I feel as if no amount of replies on this thread can help you.

7 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2014
oluafolabi: Exactly. They also perform surgery, prescribe drugs and go on ward rounds. grin grin
do there administer care to patients?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: do there administer care to patients?
*sigh* you see why I said this thread can't even help you?

2 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
oluafolabi: Your ignorance is astounding, and I feel as if no amount of replies on this thread can help you.
bro i only asked a query, and yes i am ignorant abt tthis, dats why i'm seeking knowledge from those with d knowledge
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Exmay(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
The best option is Dentistry. Same recognition as MBBS. Same pay. And its 5yrs not 6 in school... Feel free to ask any Question. And by the way, don't mind the cyber bullies.

1 Like

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by christlyke(m): 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
Excuse me, how is dentistry closest to medicine and surgery when it only deals with the teeth/oral cavity in general.
Exmay: The best option is Dentistry. Same recognition as MBBS. Same pay. And its 5yrs not 6 in school... Feel free to ask any Question. And by the way, don't mind the cyber bullies.

2 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2014
@doclight, I am only gonna say this coz I honestly believe you don't know the correlation...not because I need an ego trip like some posters I have seen here.

Veterinary medicine( call it animal medicine if u like) is a 6 year course. Graduates in nigeria are awarded with a DVM(doctor of veterinary medicine). The core courses studied are quite similar to that in the MBBS program. Anatomy, physioloagy and biochemisty for pre-clinics. pharmacology, pathology, parasitology and microbiology in the paraclinics and surgery, medicine, theriogenology(covers OB/GYN, artificial insemination etc) and public health.) and they are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of all vertebrae animals species except MAN. They even use the same textbooks for some courses with MBBS students. U can ask med students/graduates from schools like UI, ABU, UNN...There are a lot of quacks tho'....not everybody u see treating dogs or handling animal health is a real vet. U can get more info online. Thanks
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Exmay: The best option is Dentistry. Same recognition as MBBS. Same pay. And its 5yrs not 6 in school... Feel free to ask any Question. And by the way, don't mind the cyber bullies.
thanks alot. U mean its 5yrs?

And u also talked about it having same recognition and pay with mbbs?
But d number of applicants for drops concurrently wen compared to other medical courses. Why is that sir?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 4:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Chungchi: @doclight, I am only gonna say this coz I honestly believe you don't know the correlation...not because I need an ego trip like some posters I have seen here.

Veterinary medicine( call it animal medicine if u like) is a 6 year course. Graduates in nigeria are awarded with a DVM(doctor of veterinary medicine). The core courses studied are quite similar to that in the MBBS program. Anatomy, physioloagy and biochemisty for pre-clinics. pharmacology, pathology, parasitology and microbiology in the paraclinics and surgery, medicine, theriogenology(covers OB/GYN, artificial insemination etc) and public health.) and they are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of all vertebrae animals species except MAN. They even use the same textbooks for some courses with MBBS students. U can ask med students/graduates from schools like UI, ABU, UNN...There are a lot of quacks tho'....not everybody u see treating dogs or handling animal health is a real vet. U can get more info online. Thanks
thanks a million chungchi.

Nice layout.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Elevation(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
Anatomy.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2014
Elevation: Anatomy.
anatomy?

Thatz kinda close. But where do there have their place in d world of job occupancy?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Microtee(m): 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: hmmmm

what of biochem?
Both Microbio and Biochem no get place.There are Nursing science and Dentistry there so,no positn 4 mcb nd bch though i'm a microbiologist.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Microtee(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: hmmmm

what of biochem?
Microbio and Biochem no get place.There are Nursing science and Dentistry there so,no positn 4 mcb nd bch though i'm a microbiologist.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Elevation(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: anatomy?

Thatz kinda close. But where do there have their place in d world of job occupancy?
u said closest,u didnt specify about anything relating to work,but Anatomists have enough opportunities in the western world.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by pendusky(m): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: which omedical course is seconded to medicine/surgery in terms of populous? And why?

Med. Lab?
Optometry?
Denistry?
Pharmacy?
Biochemistry?
Microbiology?
Physiology?
Nursing science?
Physiotherapy? Etc.

Please medics comment
so is Med n surgery overrated?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2014
Microtee: Microbio and Biochem no get place.There are Nursing science and Dentistry there so,no positn 4 mcb nd bch though i'm a microbiologist.
hmmm strange. Are u settling with micrrobio?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2014
Elevation: u said closest,u didnt specify about anything relating to work,but Anatomists have enough opportunities in the western world.
yes close.

Dont u think d settings of their work shud b similar?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
pendusky:
lets face d fact.
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 5:33pm On Jul 08, 2014
pendusky:
which oda?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by pendusky(m): 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: lets face d fact.
have u passed ur interns exams? face front jo r
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dentistry is closest to medicine n surgery..they offer same courses from 100level till dey get to finals...no other course comes close
Doclight: please what are your reasons?

Would like to hear them

4 Likes

Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Microtee(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Doclight: hmmm strange. Are u settling with micrrobio?
how?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Doclight(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2014
pendusky: have u passed ur interns exams? face front jo r
kilode?
Re: Which Medical Course Is Closest(seconded) To Medicine And Surgery? by Akerry(m): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2014
Seconded., biochemistry explains every cellular processes indicating their mechanisms and pathways....without biochemistry,there is no MEDICINE
FrancisTony:

You shouldn't have put Pharmacy. -_-

Not related to Medicine at all. undecided

anyways, it's biochemistry or Dentistry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sulyman Abdulkareem Is The New Vice-Chancellor Of University Of Ilorin / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike / JAMB 2015/2016 UTME Registration Officially Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.