Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,401 members, 7,954,583 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) (9078 Views)

Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? / Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by cococandy(f): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2014
So what's the definition of a real african man
EddyNumerouno:

A real african woman is depicted as one who would go through every ordeal and bend herself over backwards just to cater for her kids, yes be it carrying firewood while heavy with a kid and trekking impossible distances. That's why we love our mothers no matter what!!!

Don't get me wrong, women should enjoy the best things in life but, What part of chilling in a spa depicts a woman who is ready to go through hell for her family??
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
EddyNumerouno:

Please note: The key phrase there in the bolded u quoted is "is ready to"

'Ready to' or 'Actually passing through a situation' are the same as long as the intention is there. Therefore, i willl still repeat my question, So a woman has to pass through HELL just so that she can be called a WIFE MATERIAL? You will Make your own wife pass through hell?

3 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by sirwilly1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2014
englishmart: chairman, u be tailor?
No. But i need about 100 yards in my life.
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by EddyNumerouno(m): 8:42pm On Jul 08, 2014
cococandy: So what's the definition of a real african man

Any man who is also ready to pass through hell for the sake of his family is also a real african man.

Pls, b4 all these feminsts start clawing up here, any man also lounging in the club or spa cannot be depicted as a hardworker.
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by EddyNumerouno(m): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:

'Ready to' or 'Actually passing through a situation' are the same as long as the intention is there. Therefore, i willl still repeat my question, So a woman has to pass through HELL just so that she can be called a WIFE MATERIAL? You will Make your own wife pass through hell?

Dear madam, I'm ready to kill anyone who will bring harm to my baby girl. But I'm still walking the streets a free man with no conviction. Intent and action aren't the same thing.
Wot men are asking for is a woman who will ride bicycle with firewood ontop her head and fetch water from a stream km's away if need be...not just one piece of luggage that will just want to "chill in the spa" and take a walk when and if the going gets tough
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by cococandy(f): 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2014
That's not true. I mean the spa part.
A hardworker deserves to take some time off and relax too.
The key is not to work aimlessly but to work smartly.

One of the richest men I know who works like a mule ( a chronic workaholic) also goes to the spa and does manicure/ pedicure.

And what the 'all these feminists' line for?
Y'all are beginning to sound like broken records.
EddyNumerouno:

Any man who is also ready to pass through hell for the sake of his family is also a real african man.

Pls, b4 all these feminsts start clawing up here, any man also lounging in the club or spa cannot be depicted as a hardworker.

6 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by baby124: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2014
OP's wife requirements.

When you break her back, you cry for two minutes and go and get another one. Abi?

Like a regular house pet or donkey that she is to you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by EddyNumerouno(m): 8:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
cococandy: That's not true. I mean the spa part.
A hardworker deserves to take some time off and relax too.
The key is not to work aimlessly but to work smartly.

One of the richest men I know who works like a mule ( a chronic workaholic) also goes to the spa and does manicure/ pedicure.

And what the 'all these feminists' line for?
Y'all are beginning to sound like broken records.

In other words, if u only saw this man on ur spa days, 'hardworker' won't be in ur top 5 words u will describe him with
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by cococandy(f): 8:57pm On Jul 08, 2014
That's why I don't judge people at first meeting.
You need to do the same too.

Besides who'd keep from doing what makes them happier and more relaxed because it might give strangers a bad first impression?

Life shouldn't be about appearances brother.

EddyNumerouno:

In other words, if u only saw this man on ur spa days, 'hardworker' won't be in ur top 5 words u will describe him with

2 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
EddyNumerouno:

Dear madam, I'm ready to kill anyone who will bring harm to my baby girl. But I'm still walking the streets a free man with no conviction. Intent and action aren't the same thing.
Wot men are asking for is a woman who will ride bicycle with firewood ontop her head and fetch water from a stream km's away if need be...not just one piece of luggage that will just want to "chill in the spa" and take a walk when and if the going gets tough

When you say 'Men', you are generalising as if you know fully well the needs of all men and you are painting all men with the same brush as having the same needs as you do. Thats incorrect. Dnt generalise. Thats simply your preference. Modern men marry the opposite.

The bolded is a very Nice fantasy to dream on. Please keep dreaming maybe it will come to reality perhaps we are in the 1800s where we still use firewood and bicycle. Oh hey, your type of woman is the village one. make sure you marry a village woman and Never ever think of bringing her to the city. You know what they say about village girls wisening up way too fast.

As for standing by you when the going gets tough, do not think making things difficult for your wife in a bid too know if she is wife material will make her stand by you. No. absolutely not. but when she does so, make sure not to disappoint her when the going gets good. A trait very hard to find amongst men.

4 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by delkuf(m): 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:

In other words, a woman MUST pass through Hell before she can be recognised as a Wife material? You would make your wife pass through Hell to prove a point?
guy u go school na. D key word here ready to die, not to die. U dig
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
delkuf: guy u go school na. D key word here ready to die, not to die. U dig

To me, they are the same. When you are ready to do something, you will do it.

I am not a guy.
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by englishmart(m): 11:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sophyrocks:

To me, they are the same. When you are ready to do something, you will do it.

I am not a guy.
@ bolded, how is he supposed to know?

1 Like

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 08, 2014
englishmart: @ bolded, how is he supposed to know?

Why are you asking? Is it important?
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by red101(f): 5:09am On Jul 09, 2014
aisha2:
I wonder about this always. The "Real African Woman" Picture or " Sweet Mother" is usually one who is carrying plenty fire wood and backing a child with and carrying another belle. Put up a picture like that you would see comments of "awwww, wow, sweet mother, God bless her" God forbid that the picture of a woman be one who is accomplished, smiling and enjoying a spa day, a lot of people would have a heart attack and comments like " Lazy Fake modern day women" forget the fact that she may earn a million a day, employ thousands of people, have a successful respectful marriage and raise kick ar-se kids, as long as she is not pictured suffering she is not a "sweet mother"

Stillfire:
Obviously living up to the song;
Sweet mother, I no go forget you
For this suffer wey you suffer for me...lol

This is so illuminating.
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by thorpido(m): 7:11am On Jul 09, 2014
Stillfire: Nigerian men are not satisfied or happy in their marriages until the woman suffers, struggles and literally dies in her struggles. A woman must go through the above to garner praises from them. There is a sadistic lust for dejection and abject poverty in their psyche. Tufiakwa!
When u make comments like this,learn not to generalise.You can say,'the Nigerian men I have dated' or 'the Nigerian men I have met'.
I am a Nigerian man.
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by sauceEEP(m): 8:35am On Jul 09, 2014
Me think she's working out,in the absense of gym equipment you have to make do with what you have.
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2014
aisha2:
I wonder about this always. The "Real African Woman" Picture or " Sweet Mother" is usually one who is carrying plenty fire wood and backing a child with and carrying another belle. Put up a picture like that you would see comments of "awwww, wow, sweet mother, God bless her" God forbid that the picture of a woman be one who is accomplished, smiling and enjoying a spa day, a lot of people would have a heart attack and comments like " Lazy Fake modern day women" forget the fact that she may earn a million a day, employ thousands of people, have a successful respectful marriage and raise kick ar-se kids, as long as she is not pictured suffering she is not a "sweet mother"

cheesy
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by JEITO: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2014
Someone told me that when a lady says she's wants a God-fearing man for marriage, she's not in anyway refering to a man that will declare weekly or monthly family fasting, all-night prayers; But she means a man that will fear God enough not to cheat on her, and also accomodate all her excesses. How true is this?
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by JEITO: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2014
Someone told me that when a lady says she's wants a God-fearing man for marriage, she's not in anyway refering to a man that will declare weekly or monthly family fasting, all-night prayers; But she means a man that will fear God enough not to hit her, cheat on her, and also accomodate all her excesses. How true is this?
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by repogirl(f): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2014
Now this is multitasking!
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by englishmart(m): 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Why are you asking? Is it important?
and why were u correcting, was it important?

1 Like

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
englishmart: and why were u correcting, was it important?

He called me a guy. So? calculate.
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by adanduka: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
Anyone who agrees with this picture being a perfect representation of a wife material isn't normal.
I hope that your wife material hits that metal drum on your head to reset your brain.

5 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by greatgod2012(f): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
englishmart: for once, you are on point. LoLZ

FOR ONCE
then,, you've not been reading her post.

@aisha2, thank God for NL tsunami that brought you back, i really missed your posts and i even asked of you in the fun room then why you deactivated your account, i was worried if someone crossed your path, which i think you must have got used to. Thanks for coming back, i love your posts, especially those ones that base on women enpowerment.
You're welcome.

@post, if this is what makes a woman a material wife, then, i better not be one, but then, thank God i'm one without being enslaved!

4 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
greatgod2012:
FOR ONCE
then,, you've not been reading her post.
@aisha2, thank God for NL tsunami that brought you back, i really missed your posts and i even asked of you in the fun room then why you deactivated your account, i was worried if someone crossed your path, which i think you must have got used to. Thanks for coming back, i love your posts, especially those ones that base on women enpowerment.
You're welcome.
@post, if this is what makes a woman a material wife, then, i better not be one, but then, thank God i'm one without being enslaved!

Thank You a lot my dear sister. I appreciate it. The Nairaland I left in 2011 was so different to the Nairaland I met, insults, tantrums, and all. The Political Section as hot as it was then was still a lot clean and decent talkless of the family section, then I did not even feel "Smart" enough to comment here because of the drums of wisdom one stood to gain, now it seems its not about the message but personal fights with strangers, groups, attacks, and counter accusations. It can get all tangled especially if you are not one to go around abusing others and hitting below the belt.
It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
EddyNumerouno:

A real african woman is depicted as one who would go through every ordeal and bend herself over backwards just to cater for her kids, yes be it carrying firewood while heavy with a kid and trekking impossible distances. That's why we love our mothers no matter what!!!

Don't get me wrong, women should enjoy the best things in life but, What part of chilling in a spa depicts a woman who is ready to go through hell for her family??

Well while I am chilling and sipping tea I could at that instant be making a million dollar transfer to pay for my Child's tuition, thank God for Technology and Education, we dont have to break our backs and over age to prove our motherly love, we can do it while relaxing.
Going by your point, fathers too must not drive in AC filled cars or AC offices because it doesnt show how much they "suffer" to provide for their kids, all fathers must be sweating it out under the sun doing actual hard manual labor so at the end if the day they can buy bread and take home sweaty and smelling and when we smell the sweat, anger and frustration we can take a picture upload it and hail " Great Fathers"

My Father would probably swear and curse like mad if he reads this post and say " back to sender, lol"

3 Likes

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by bukatyne(f): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
aisha2:

True smiley

Why?

I wonder
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Stillfire: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
thorpido: When u make comments like this,learn not to generalise.You can say,'the Nigerian men I have dated' or 'the Nigerian men I have met'.
I am a Nigerian man.

You want us to take a poll? tongue cheesy
Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by thorpido(m): 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
Stillfire:

You want us to take a poll? tongue cheesy
You talking about taking a poll means you think of a percentage.Why then generalise?You can't generalise and then speak of taking a poll.
They don't go together.

1 Like

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by englishmart(m): 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sophyrocks:

He called me a guy. So? calculate.
peace be still

1 Like

Re: Lol. This Is A Perfect Definition Of Wife Material. (picture) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2014
Chaiiiii aisha you don talk am finish

You deserve this kiss wink

aisha2:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elepaq Constant Or Sumec Firman 4.5kva / Met Used Condom On My 8 Months Wife Hotel Room / Why Do Married Ladies Hate Their Mother-in-law So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.