Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,438 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. (45400 Views)

Lebanon Arrests Vulture Accused Of Spying For Isreal. (pic) / Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / BREAKING! UK Minister Resigns Over Gaza Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 7:51pm On Jul 12, 2014
oluafolabi: But they have rockets that won't stop firing. I want you all to imagine Israel without the Iron Dome. The only reason y'all are complaining is because Israel has the resource to protect herself from hundreds of rockets that are being fired into it daily by Hamas.

Protecting itself?

That is why they have not managed to stop the bombing?

No, mate. Israel is just largely applying collective punishment on people that have absolutely no power to stop Israel being bombed.

That is what is called a War Crime.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
NairaMinted: IDF kidnaps two children in Palestine, you can clearly see the children are in a state of terror and fear. This is happening regularly in the West Bank.

http://youtu.be/s6aL4XasWGk

In the video below a camera records ‘Israeli’ security forces kidnapping children who were simply playing football.

http://youtu.be/bH74bK27QT0

This is a frequent occurrence by the people that like to foool the world that they are a civilised society. The ones that like shouting "We are the only democratic government in the Middle East".

Here is a report:

http://www.dci-palestine.org/sites/default/files/report_0.pdf

I will give you the summary.

Since 1967, Palestinians from the West Bank have been living under Israeli military law and prosecuted in military courts. The United Nations (UN) estimates that during the last 44 years, around 726,000 Palestinian men, women and children have been prosecuted and detained under these emergency laws. In the past 11 years alone, around 7,500 children, some as young as 12 years, are estimated to have been detained, interrogated, and imprisoned within this system. This averages out at between 500-700 children per year, or nearly two children, each and every day.

This Report is the culmination of four years’ work during which time sworn testimonies were collected from 311 children held in Israeli military detention. The Report focuses on the period of time between the child’s arrest and being brought before a military court for the first time. The testimonies reveal that the majority of children are detained in the middle of the night in what are typically described as terrifying raids conducted by the army. Most children have their hands painfully tied behind their backs and are blindfolded, before being taken away to an unknown location for interrogation. The arrest and transfer process is often accompanied by verbal abuse and humiliation, threats as well as physical violence. Hours later the children find themselves in an interrogation room, alone, sleep deprived, bruised and scared. Unlike Israeli children living in settlements in the West Bank, Palestinian children are not accompanied by a parent and are generally interrogated without the benefit of legal advice, or being informed of their right to silence.

The testimonies reveal that most children undergo a coercive interrogation, mixing verbal abuse, threats and physical violence, generally resulting in a confession. The most common offence children confess to is throwing stones. The Report also finds that in 29 percent of cases, the children are either shown, or made to sign, documentation written in Hebrew, a language they do not understand.

Within eight days of their arrest, the children are brought in chains to a military court where, in most cases, they will see a lawyer and their parents for the first time. Although many children maintain their innocence, in the end at least 90 percent will plead guilty, as this is the quickest way out of a system that denies children bail in 87 percent of cases.

Within days of their arrest, nearly two-thirds of the children are transferred to prisons inside Israel in violation of Article 76 of the Fourth Geneva Convention, which prohibits such transfers. The practical consequences of this is that many children receive either limited, or no family visits, due to freedom of movement restrictions and the time it takes to issue a permit to visit the prisons.

In addition to an analysis of the 311 testimonies collected from children detained in the military detention system, the Report includes 25 detailed case studies of children, as well as interviews with a lawyer, a rehabilitation expert, a former Israeli soldier and an expert medical report into the mental health implications for the children. The Report also contains a complete list of all 311 testimonies with details of the ill-treatment and issues of concern encountered by each child, as well as a comprehensive list of relevant UN, governmental and NGO reports, and media articles.

The Report finds that when the totality of the evidence is considered, a pattern of systematic ill-treatment emerges, much of which amounts to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, as defined in the UN Convention against Torture, and in some cases, torture – both of which are absolutely prohibited. The Report also finds that there is a general absence of effective complaint mechanisms, which is best summed up in the following extract taken from a report published by a well respected Israeli organisation:

“The chances of a criminal offence carried out by an IDF soldier against a Palestinian successfully navigating the obstacle course of the complaint procedure [...] are almost nil.”

Although no child should be prosecuted in a military court which lacks comprehensive fair trial and juvenile justice standards, the Report concludes by making 10 recommendations intended to provide a series of simple and practical protective measures. These recommendations include a call for an end to night time arrests, children to have access to a lawyer prior to questioning, all interrogations to be audio-visually recorded, and every child to be accompanied by a parent.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by TerryCarr(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Sagamite:

This is a frequent occurrence by the people that like to foool the world that they are a civilised society. The ones that like shouting "We are the only democratic government in the Middle East"

Here is a report:

http://www.dci-palestine.org/sites/default/files/report_0.pdf

I will give you the summary.

compared to the Arabs yeah they are
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
TerryCarr:
compared to the Arabs yeah they are

Yep. But definitely not civilised enough.

They are a State Terrorist.

All they are doing right now is to cause Terror in Gaza.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2014
Sagamite:

Protecting itself?

No, mate. Israel is just largely applying collective punishment on people that have absolutely no power to stop Israel being bombed.

LOL. So you expect Israel to just fold hands and just watch the rockets? Any death in Gaza is the fault of Hamas and every retarded human being that allowed themselves to be used as human shield by terrorists.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
davidylan:

Do you really think these blowhards care about kids? If they did then why arent they crying about Iraqi kids being killed daily by ISIS? Perhaps Hamas should get itself iron dome too.
We share the same thoughts on that.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 9:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
oluafolabi: LOL. So you expect Israel to just fold hands and just watch the rockets? Any death in Gaza is the fault of Hamas and every retarded human being that allowed themselves to be used as human shield by terrorists.

My point is, don't say they are protecting themselves. They are merely punishing anyone that is Palestinian irrespective of if they are the ones bombing.

Their logic is that if they get the bombers, fantastic. If not, we would bomb Palestinians to hell. That is not the fault of Hamas, that is the fault of Israeli government and Hamas. Two terrorist entities.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ibnsultan: ceasefire is needed badly
That is the only way to stop the killings. The unfortunate thing is that no side is willing to cease fire. There is a lot of hate in that region though.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
all4naija: That is the only way to stop the killings. The unfortunate thing is that no side is willing to cease fire. There is a lot of hate in that region though.
IDF is sending warning to Gazans to leave their homes. Reports have it a ground ops will be taking place in few hours. Its going to be bloody
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by TerryCarr(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

Yep. But definitely not civilised enough.

All they are doing right now is to cause Terror in Gaza.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by TerryCarr(m): 1:04am On Jul 13, 2014
Ibnsultan: IDF is sending warning to Gazans to leave their homes. Reports have it a ground ops will be taking place in few hours. Its going to be bloody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51g8ruJi-
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 1:12am On Jul 13, 2014
TerryCarr:

person, and why are you quoting me?
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by TerryCarr(m): 1:18am On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

person, and why are you quoting me?
cuz you quoted me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkxvIaKsFU
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 1:25am On Jul 13, 2014
TerryCarr:
cuz you quoted me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkxvIaKsFU

This guy is a complete person!

I never get such wrong. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by TerryCarr(m): 1:36am On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

This guy is a complete person!

I never get such wrong. grin grin grin grin grin grin
nigga you said
"Yep. But definitely not civilised enough.

All they are doing right now is to cause Terror in Gaza."
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 13, 2014
Who's is the terrorist. Hamas gives abt 5 hours of notice before attacking tel aviv. Isreal gives 58 seconds. Isreal attacks hospitals,homes
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 5:01am On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

My point is, don't say they are protecting themselves. They are merely punishing anyone that is Palestinian irrespective of if they are the ones bombing.

Their logic is that if they get the bombers, fantastic. If not, we would bomb Palestinians to hell. That is not the fault of Hamas, that is the fault of Israeli government and Hamas. Two terrorist entities.

This is an awfully twisted viewpoint... i dont remember the allies caring very much for civilian casualties in bombing Berlin or Nagasaki during WWII. War is not pretty... if you dont like it then dont start it.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by vedaxcool(m): 6:17am On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

Do you really think these blowhards care about kids? If they did then why arent they crying about Iraqi kids being killed daily by ISIS? Perhaps Hamas should get itself iron dome too.

Lol is it part of christian article of faith to defend Israel and her evil deeds? Smh!
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by zeongeon: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2014
I see some people call israel evil but can they answer the following questions

Is it a good thing to kidnap/murder teenagers?
if u see nothing wrong with that then I believe you support the actions of boko haram

Why didn't people speak up and say things against palestine/gaza occupants when they where searching for them teenagers?

People have to know that when a community host or sympathizes with terrorist the outcome is always bloody men, women and children will have to pay for it..funny enough the men teach and breed there kids to be future terrorist

If hamas and other terrorist cell care about there women and children then they should desist from terrorism and spreading hate..every action always has a reaction and at times everyone present at during d reaction pays.

Don't blame Israel for the death of the women and children blame the terrorist cells and groups who are brothers,uncles,husbands,boyfriends,cousin,nephew,sister, cousin and fathers to the women and children.

What is happening in Gaza is just the case of Newtons Third Law: For every action, there is an equal (in size)and opposite (in direction) reaction force.. Hence Don't Bleep with Israel and Israel won't Bleep with you

They killed and murdered teenagers and I think this is the best response quiet unfortunate people will have to die which include women and kids and I bet if Israel don't react in this way probably the kidnaps or worse will continue to happen case study of Nigeria where christains are constantly killed and because christains don't react d killings continue. I think Nigeria should learn from d actions of Israel if we want to strangle d life out of boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:
This is an awfully twisted viewpoint... i dont remember the allies caring very much for civilian casualties in bombing Berlin or Nagasaki during WWII. War is not pretty... if you dont like it then dont start it.

What absolute rubbish!

ABSOLUTE TOSH!

- You are comparing 1940s era war philosophy to the new millennia era war philosophy?
- You are comparing fighting by two state armies to an advanced army fighting a bunch of militia?
- You are comparing an era of crude weapons to the era of far smarter weapons?

This pathetic comparison really shows the bane of your mentality when it comes to your Islamophobia. All you do is take a faulty position due to this Islamophobia and then just try and look for any rubbish to support it without any kind of intellectual evaluation of the sense you make. Why not even justify it with the way the White Settlers slaughtered out the Red Indians?

Or, you know what? You might as well go back to the time of people named like Nebuchadnezzar or Hyrcanus to justify the killing of innocent people.

Maybe you would even think it is justified for Israel to shoot all young boys because afterall you remember there was once a king that killed all new born boys in a town to avoid a threat, so it is just a way to protect against the production of future Hamas fighters.

freecocoa, what did I tell you?

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2014
zeongeon: I see some people call israel evil but can they answer the following questions

Is it a good thing to kidnap/murder teenagers?
if u see nothing wrong with that then I believe you support the actions of boko haram

Why didn't people speak up and say things against palestine/gaza occupants when they where searching for them teenagers?

People have to know that when a community host or sympathizes with terrorist the outcome is always bloody men, women and children will have to pay for it..funny enough the men teach and breed there kids to be future terrorist

If hamas and other terrorist cell care about there women and children then they should desist from terrorism and spreading hate..every action always has a reaction and at times everyone present at during d reaction pays.

Don't blame Israel for the death of the women and children blame the terrorist cells and groups who are brothers,uncles,husbands,boyfriends,cousin,nephew,sister, cousin and fathers to the women and children.

What is happening in Gaza is just the case of Newtons Third Law: For every action, there is an equal (in size)and opposite (in direction) reaction force.. Hence Don't Bleep with Israel and Israel won't Bleep with you

They killed and murdered teenagers and I think this is the best response quiet unfortunate people will have to die which include women and kids and I bet if Israel don't react in this way probably the kidnaps or worse will continue to happen case study of Nigeria where christains are constantly killed and because christains don't react d killings continue. I think Nigeria should learn from d actions of Israel if we want to strangle d life out of boko haram.

You are a person!

Did you ask yourself if it was good killing Palestinian children as well?

Did you ask yourself if it was good for those that blatantly kill Palestinian children to be let to walk free or just get a slap on the wrist [for being naughty]?

You read this whole thread and this is the moronic rubbish you could come up with?

2 Likes

Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sixix: 11:16am On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

What absolute rubbish!

ABSOLUTE TOSH!

- You are comparing 1940s era war philosophy to the new millennia era war philosophy?
- You are comparing fighting by two state armies to an advanced army fighting a bunch of militia?

This pathetic comparison really shows the bane of your mentality when it comes to your Islamophobia. All you do is take a faulty position due to this Islamophobia and then just try and look for any rubbish to support it without any kind of intellectual evaluation of the sense you make. Why not even justify it with the way the White Settlers slaughtered out the Red Indians?

Or, you know what? You might as well go back to the time of people named like Nebuchadnezzar or Hyrcanus to justify the killing of innocent people.

Maybe you would even think it is justified for Israel to shoot all young boys because afterall you remember there was once a king that killed all new born boys in a town to avoid a threat, so it is just a way to protect against the production of future Hamas fighters.

If I may ask, don't you feel repulsed arguing back and forth with these nincompoops? wink
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Sagamite(m): 11:26am On Jul 13, 2014
Sixix:

If I may ask, don't you feel repulsed arguing back and forth with these nincompoops? wink

I have done it for years on NL. It is like a hobby to me now.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

Protecting itself?

Your view is skewed a bit. You don't expect Israel to watch while hundreds of missiles barrages landing on their cities. There is no nation that would condone terror attack in any form, including Israel that is in the midst of nations which hate the people.

You might call it punishment(which it is in a perspective) but the best way to put Hamas and other terror groups operating from Gaza and other part of Palestine is to control most of the activities within the border areas. Egypt, an Arab nation close their border to the Gazan due to security measure. You can't careless with the terror groups else they will destroy the country. That is the fact of the matter you refused to see in this whole situation playing out in the Middle East.

I believe Israel can do more by looking way possible to reduce human casualties in Gaza and make sure the Hamas terror group is wipe out of that region all together. The are deadly rats which carried bacteria!

The earlier the ceasefire from both sides the quicker to stop human casualties. I hope Israel would consider the innocent children and look for a better means of combing the Gazan city with great secret agents and doing a ground incursion rather than bombing from the air.

Hamas are toothless dog barking all the time without helping the matter. They should be blamed for the death of the innocent people in Gaza.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by zeongeon: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Did you ask yourself if it was good killing Palestinian children as well?

Did you ask yourself if it was good for those that blatantly kill Palestinian children to be let to walk free or just get a slap on the wrist [for being naughty]?

You read this whole thread and this is the moronic rubbish you could come up with?
SagAmite or whatever ur name is did I insult u or call ur name while doing my post..everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

And look here if u mess with any member of my family have in mind that when dealing with you some members if not all your family members will be affected...its even applicable in d world of d mafia, traids and yakuza's..Bleep with any member of there family and they will close ur generation...its as simple as that.

Its Just wisdom if u value the life of your women and children then don't go around taunting with the life of d children, women or family members of other people.

U like it or not hamas has to pay and its too bad they dragged into women and children into the blood fest.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
Sagamite:

What absolute rubbish!

ABSOLUTE TOSH!

Irrational frothing in the mouth to be honest. For all the hubris about islamophobia, your problem is that everything Israel does is bad to you... it doesn't matter how many illogical hoops you have to jump to arrive at such a twisted conclusion.

Yeah we are in the era of smarter weapons... i'm sure you've got bombs that differentiate between a man and a woman right? Nauseating.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
all4naija:
Your view is skewed a bit. You don't expect Israel to watch while hundreds of missiles barrages landing on their cities. [size=18pt]There is no nation that would condone terror attack in any form[/size], including Israel that is in the midst of nations which hate the people.

You might call it punishment(which it is in a perspective) but the best way to put Hamas and other terror groups operating from Gaza and other part of Palestine is to control most of the activities within the border areas. Egypt, an Arab nation close their border to the Gazan due to security measure. You can't careless with the terror groups else they will destroy the country. That is the fact of the matter you refused to see in this whole situation playing out in the Middle East.

I believe Israel can do more by looking way possible to reduce human casualties in Gaza and make sure the Hamas terror group is wipe out of that region all together. The are deadly rats which carried bacteria!

The earlier the ceasefire from both sides the quicker to stop human casualties. I hope Israel would consider the innocent children and look for a better means of combing the Gazan city with great secret agents and doing a ground incursion rather than bombing from the air.

Hamas are toothless dog barking all the time without helping the matter. They should be blamed for the death of the innocent people in Gaza.

Dont waste your time/breadth trying to explain to these goons... as far as they are concerned, Israel should sit there and bear the hamas rockets with dignity, afterall they are "crude weapons".
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
all4naija:
Your view is skewed a bit. You don't expect Israel to watch while hundreds of missiles barrages landing on their cities. There is no nation that would condone terror attack in any form, including Israel that is in the midst of nations which hate the people.

[b]I believe Israel can do more by looking way possible to reduce human casualties in Gaza [/b]and make sure the Hamas terror group is wipe out of that region all together. The are deadly rats which carried bacteria!

Read the news, i dont know of any other nation that actively evacuates enemy bombing sites before attacking it. It is a sign of extreme restraint that the IDF has bombed over 1000 sites and yet only 105 people have been killed so far. Any of these nauseating blowhards want to tell us how many people boko haram suicide bombers killed in Abuja the last time? Where were their threads mourning the dead children in Iraq through ISIS bombs? You only hear them whine when Israel finally says enough is enough.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

Read the news, i dont know of any other nation that actively evacuates enemy bombing sites before attacking it. It is a sign of extreme restraint that the IDF has bombed over 1000 sites and yet only 105 people have been killed so far. Any of these nauseating blowhards want to tell us how many people boko haram suicide bombers killed in Abuja the last time? Where were their threads mourning the dead children in Iraq through ISIS bombs? You only hear them whine when Israel finally says enough is enough.
hmm. What's this

Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ibnsultan: hmm. What's this

there are actual videos of ISIS beheading people. there are pictures of kids with heads blown off in Iraq. There are gory bombing photos from boko haram... all those dont seem to bother you. You only howl in pain when it is gaza... funny.
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by igbo2011(m): 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2014
Why isn't anyone talking about Sudan?
Re: Isreal Bombards Gaza. It Is Literally Raining Bombs. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
igbo2011: Why isn't anyone talking about Sudan?

because its not important to them... there is no Israel to bash there and no one EVER wants to speak about muslim on muslim violence even if kids are killed too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Pictures Of Health Ministers Of The U.S, U.K, Belgium & Canada / Coronavirus: Trump Unveils Plan To Reopen States In Phases / A Massive Sinkhole Swallowed Part Of A Florida House (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.