Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620371 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WafiJoe(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2016
Man. It's been a while. How are y'all doing here?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Naijazure: 11:17pm On May 29, 2016
Please this andela stuff is too confusing, some codes work on python softwares but not in andelas'

Can I get any assistance for ds lab error report says "not json serializable"
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Spyde(m): 8:11am On May 30, 2016
Naijazure:
Please this andela stuff is too confusing, some codes work on python softwares but not in andelas'

Can I get any assistance for ds lab error report says "not json serializable"
u can post ur code here so dat pple wil knw hw to help.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Spyde(m): 8:54pm On May 30, 2016
Hello guys,hws ur bootcamp goin?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2016
Spyde:
Hello guys,hws ur bootcamp goin?
**How did your boot camp go

Ans: It wasn't bread and butter oo! Think about stepping up your game to level 7 in two weeks! Then you'll have an idea! Men, our talents were truly ACCELERATED. And that's so cool. If you see the projects we INDIVIDUALLY built in LESS THAN three days, u go tro way salute! We're now more incredible than ever. You should ask tr3y, miketayo, louisdante and johnez1987 too.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 10:19pm On May 30, 2016
enigmatique:

Ans: It wasn't bread and butter oo! Think about stepping up your game to level 7 in two weeks! Then you'll have an idea! Men, our talents were truly ACCELERATED. And that's so cool. If you see the projects we INDIVIDUALLY built in LESS THAN three days, u go tro way salute! We're now more incredible than ever. You should ask tr3y, miketayo, louisdante and johnez1987 too.

should one have programming experience?, and was the project assigned to you or was it your brainchild?

plus, how fast pace was the Class?, can a beginner do well and were dere beginners there?...

THIS THREAD MISS YOUR LUCID EXPLANATIONS.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 2:57am On May 31, 2016
omonosa25:

should one have programming experience?, and was the project assigned to you or was it your brainchild?

plus, how fast pace was the Class?, can a beginner do well and were dere beginners there?...

Programming experience is important to an extent, unless you are as smart as Einstein then you are good without it.
If you can solve the Homestudy all by yourself and can pick up new skills to like basic - intermediate level within few days then you good to go.

It was fun too, you get to meet great and like minds and also play some crazy morning games.

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Geist(m): 6:05am On May 31, 2016
enigmatique:

Tell us about the project you built and is the boot camp still on?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by louisdante: 8:05am On May 31, 2016
Calm down boyz... What's the fun if u don't find out urself. Just know u have to be very good with ur homestudy test so those of u always looking for solutions pls trying understanding those solutions.. Don't just copy and past... As for the projects.....it changes from time to time... The only ad I can give is pls learn how to u git...

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 9:12am On May 31, 2016
omonosa25:

1. Yes, programming experience will be an advantage.
2. The projects were assigned to us.
3. This boot camp was 67% about teaching us soft skills and observing how fast we adopt them. In that respect, yes, it was fast paced.
4. There were beginners all over. Honestly, no b by experience alone. The core requirements included completing given projects, submitting BY the deadline given, giving and receiving feedback etc. You just have to be able to grow immensely to meet new tasks.

4 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 9:16am On May 31, 2016
tr3y:

Programming experience is important to an extent, unless you are as smart as Einstein then you are good without it.
If you can solve the Homestudy all by yourself and can pick up new skills to like basic - intermediate level within few days then you good to go.

It was fun too, you get to meet great and like minds and also play some crazy morning games.
Yeah, those morning games! E.g we played Fizz Buzz in real life!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ali01: 9:33pm On May 31, 2016
Helo guys long time, my man tr3y how is the bootcamp going? Will knoledgd of core and advanced javascript help me in the bootcamp? or which language do u mostly used Thanks...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 10:59pm On May 31, 2016
Ali01:
Helo guys long time, my man tr3y how is the bootcamp going?
Will knoledgd of core and advanced javascript help me in the bootcamp?
or which language do u mostly used
Thanks...

JavaScript was used for this bootcamp, it's not guaranteed that JavaScript will be used for the next.

Of course it will help if you understand advanced JavaScript knowledge. The more you know the better.

Adios

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ali01: 7:14am On Jun 01, 2016
tr3y:

JavaScript was used for this bootcamp, it's not guaranteed that JavaScript will be used for the next.

Of course it will help if you understand advanced JavaScript knowledge. The more you know the better.

Adios
Thanks. Pls one more question. Did they provide accomodation?
Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2016
Have u been offered acceptance into the fellowship @ ALI?, this your questions much mehn... No beef bro
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ali01: 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
Folzye:
Have u been offered acceptance into the fellowship @ ALI?, this your questions much mehn... No beef bro
Hahaha its true bro... but one needs to confirm something before heading to it... am nt in lagos and am a javascript core developer thats why am askng much questions...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 1:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
They have accomodation for fellows so if you can talk with one or two fellows they will accommodate you for the two weeks.
Its just to sleep and wake up na. You will even see unused rooms to sleep in.

It might not be as cozy as your papa house though.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by opegold11: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please I need help with my code. I have this error popping up.

THERE IS AN ERROR/BUG IN YOUR CODE
Results:
Internal Error: runTests aborted: TestOutcomeEvent(handled=False, test=, result=, outcome='error', exc_info=(, TypeError('object() takes no parameters',), ), reason=None, expected=False, shortLabel=None, longLabel=None) is not JSON serializable

class BankAccount(object):
def _init_(self,balance=0):
self.balance = balance
def deposit(self,amount=0):
self.amount = amount
self.balance += amount
return self.balance
def withdraw(self, amount):
if amount > self.balance:
return 'invalid transaction'
else:
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance
class MinimumBalanceAccount(BankAccount):
def __init__(self,minimumbalance):
self.minimumbalance = minimumbalance
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by enigmatique(m): 4:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
opegold11:
Please I need help with my code. I have this error popping up.

THERE IS AN ERROR/BUG IN YOUR CODE
Results:
Internal Error: runTests aborted: TestOutcomeEvent(handled=False, test=, result=, outcome='error', exc_info=(, TypeError('object() takes no parameters',), ), reason=None, expected=False, shortLabel=None, longLabel=None) is not JSON serializable

class BankAccount(object):
def _init_(self,balance=0):
self.balance = balance
def deposit(self,amount=0):
self.amount = amount
self.balance += amount
return self.balance
def withdraw(self, amount):
if amount > self.balance:
return 'invalid transaction'
else:
self.balance -= amount
return self.balance
class MinimumBalanceAccount(BankAccount):
def __init__(self,minimumbalance):
self.minimumbalance = minimumbalance
1. If how you pasted your code here is how you're trying to run it, then there are indentation errors in it. Cross check.
2. Don't set the default value of amount to zero in deposit(). Let it be whatever value the user specifies.
3. Use conditional statements in deposit() to check that the stipulated amount IS a number AND is > 0. Otherwise, error out.
4. Lastly, you need to use various conditional statements to ENSURE that you're working on the right type of input e.g that the amount supplied to withdraw is a number and not a string.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mrjayman: 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
After 2 weeks since application day , I'm yet to get the homestudy test link. Could I have done something wrong? And my mails are being ignored.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 6:01am On Jun 04, 2016
You will get it, just keep studying.. So u won't waste time waiting for the link to be sent b4 u get started, try and check ur mailbox patiently , the spam folder.. The link could just be hiding somewhere in there... Goodluck
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Mrjayman: 3:32am On Jun 05, 2016
Okay, Thanks bro. It's not there, but I'll keep studying as you advised. God bless you .
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by akinwalehabib: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
When is the interview for this cycle and has anyone gotten a mail to that effect?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bashmantech: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
I really need help with my ALGO LAB. especially the prime number

def prime_number(num):
if num > 1:
for i in range (2,num):
if(num%i) == 0:
return False
else:
return True
else:
return False
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
akinwalehabib:
When is the interview for this cycle and has anyone gotten a mail to that effect?

The application is still on, I am sure the interview will be next month.

Bashmantech:
I really need help with my ALGO LAB. especially the prime number
def prime_number(num):
if num > 1:
for i in range (2,num):
if(num%i) == 0:
return False
else:
return True
else:
return False
Your algorithm is not okay, assuming someone pass in 2000 which clearly is not prime, your algorithm will now start dividing 2000 with all the numbers between 2 and 2000. That is the definition of inefficiency.
Now imagine if you pass 2000000000, even my grandmother knows that is not prime in like 2 sec whereas your algo will spend minutes/hours trying to figure it out. That is if your Pentium 1 system does not hang and crash. Think of a better way.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bashmantech: 8:10am On Jun 14, 2016
tr3y:

Your algorithm is not okay, assuming someone pass in 2000 which clearly is not prime, your algorithm will now start dividing 2000 with all the numbers between 2 and 2000. That is the definition of inefficiency.
Now imagine if you pass 2000000000, even my grandmother knows that is not prime in like 2 sec whereas your algo will spend minutes/hours trying to figure it out. That is if your Pentium 1 system does not hang and crash. Think of a better way.

tnx, i was able to figure our another method.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2016
tr3y:

What of a number like 19675467?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2016
duvie92:
What of a number like 19675467?
There are different algorithm for Prime number check Google bro.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cashflowpc(m): 4:15am On Jun 21, 2016
tr3y:

Meaning no or little chance for amateurs and or beginners right? You just killed someone's zeal here. Oh why Andela why
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tr3y(m): 4:53am On Jun 21, 2016
cashflowpc:

Meaning no or little chance for amateurs and or beginners right? You just killed someone's zeal here. Oh why Andela why
No I didn't. Nobody can do stuff to you unless you want them to.
Once the passion is there, you will always find a way. Every pro was once an amateur.

What I'm saying above is you should be well grounded in the basics.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by cashflowpc(m): 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
tr3y:

No I didn't. Nobody can do stuff to you unless you want them to.
Once the passion is there, you will always find a way. Every pro was once an amateur.

What I'm saying above is you should be well grounded in the basics.

Alright, Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.