Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621606 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by worisj(m): 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
I think we should create a whatsapp group to share ideas and thoughts, i mean just so we get better, who else thinks this way?

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 3:08am On Sep 09, 2016
worisj:
I think we should create a whatsapp group to share ideas and thoughts, i mean just so we get better, who else thinks this way?
yea especially when you're having challenges with the test
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 4:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
pls like or reply if you received a mail moving homestudy deadline to 23rd sept.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
amamazzing:
pls like or reply if you received a mail moving homestudy deadline to 23rd sept.
Well mine is 7th oct, i don't think they extend their deadlines, you ought to submit you test result before the deadline provided on the mail you receive.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
joe4866:

Well mine is 7th oct, i don't think they extend their deadlines, you ought to submit you test result before the deadline provided on the mail you receive.

i dunno whats happening. I was challenged to finish sept 30th as at last week. Next thing, today, a mail saying deadline for mine is 23rd. Just wanted to know if it was general. Guess i have to concentrate more
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
amamazzing:

i dunno whats happening. I was challenged to finish sept 30th as at last week. Next thing, today, a mail saying deadline for mine is 23rd. Just wanted to know if it was general. Guess i have to concentrate more
I just received the same mail from them. I've only completed 25% of the test.

I don't know it's this hard
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ekhorowa(f): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
I got the mail also
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
Please let's create a whatsapp group for this, most of the test questions are nerve cracking.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
joe4866:
I just received the same mail from them. I've only completed 25% of the test.

I don't know it's this hard
I'm on 75% but still... I need the time. I won't mind bootcamp coming earlier than the scheduled date tho.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
amamazzing:

I'm on 75% but still... I need the time. I won't mind bootcamp coming earlier than the scheduled date tho.

: you've gone very far, when did you start?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
amamazzing:

wow!!... dats something... I think I need extra coaching. grin
amamazzing:

wow!!... dats something... I think I need extra coaching.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
amamazzing:

. Mine was changed from October 7 to sept 23rd also
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Makanjuola89: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
D34lw4p:
yes you can but you need to study deeply the content of the homestudy PDF files.
will I be asked to write code?

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Makanjuola89:

yea you must
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
omonosa25:

What is amazing about 75% or even 94%. many guys are through already!!! I strongly believe that the ideal candidate should finish within 7 days. A talented coder can finish the labs on day 1. But many guys are using muscle or should I say Muzzle.....Especially me!!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by worisj(m): 9:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
omonosa25:

Its not how far, but how well
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
Umu101:

What is amazing about 75% or even 94%. many guys are through already!!! I strongly believe that the ideal candidate should finish within 7 days. A talented coder can finish the labs on day 1. But many guys using muscle.....Especially me!!

NB: proctor rejected each code about 60-70 times before it finally pitied me.
wow, you're awesome I'm still struggling with the labs test. It isn't easy at all.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
The issue here is I seldom get light to try my codes... I practically code on paper, dry run and wait for light to test it.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
Umu101:

What is amazing about 75% or even 94%. many guys are through already!!! I strongly believe that the ideal candidate should finish within 7 days. A talented coder can finish the labs on day 1. But many guys are using muscle or should I say Muzzle.....Especially me!!!

Any hint on how you ran your DS lab..?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by D34lw4p(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
Makanjuola89:
yes!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
omonosa25:

Any hint on how you ran your DS lab..?
looking for a hint from me!!
From my posts you will know that I am not a coding genius.
I wrote most of my codes on paper. (bug ridden codes)
I had to use insecticide!!!
I am still at 88%.poor power, internet connectivity and the high cost of Baygon are really affecting me.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by evergold(m): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
I completed my home study test and I am currently waiting for their interview invitation.

I would really appreciate it if anybody that has taken the interview could guide me on what to expect at the interview.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 1:32am On Sep 10, 2016
cheesy
Umu101:

I am still at 88%.poor power, internet connectivity and the high cost of Baygon are really affecting me.

grin
Umu101:

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DatechMan(m): 6:55am On Sep 10, 2016
evergold:
I completed my home study test and I am currently waiting for their interview invitation.

I would really appreciate it if anybody that has taken the interview could guide me on what to expect at the interview.

They'd be glad to know you solve those tests on your own. QED

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oluwasegun21: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Pls i got an invite to write d test but i av no computer science knowledge coz am an economics student. I didnt understand d homestudy pack wen i read it. 4 dos dat av written d test, is it just IT questions?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 12:50am On Sep 11, 2016
Oluwasegun21:
Pls i got an invite to write d test but i av no computer science knowledge coz am an economics student. I didnt understand d homestudy pack wen i read it. 4 dos dat av written d test, is it just IT questions?
yap, strictly. But it's targeted at beginner, so you can do it.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by 4watever: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
joe4866:
yap, strictly. But it's targeted at beginner, so you can do it.

I seriously doubt that a newbie to IT can read that home study pack and understand it.

Try giving it to someone around you and see If he/she can make sense of it.

Andela claims the fellowship program is for beginners but its obviously not.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
4watever:

I seriously doubt that a newbie to IT can read that home study pack and understand it.

Try giving it to someone around you and see If he/she can make sense of it.

Andela claims the fellowship program is for beginners but its obviously not.

Exactly. They say beginners but target only (lightly) experienced programmers making it look like it can't be learned. See the study pack. That's 3 courses already. Rather bulky for someone without the IT background
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oluwasegun21: 2:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
I guess i would rada nt take the test then, i dnt really av so much interest in IT though. Success in advance 4 dos that are preparing 4 d test.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Barywhyte(m): 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:

Exactly. They say beginners but target only (lightly) experienced programmers making it look like it can't be learned. See the study pack. That's 3 courses already. Rather bulky for someone without the IT background

That's true. A first timer will find it hard and boring, even though python is relatively straightforward. We really cant say if they are intentionally targeting experienced programmers. They are just after people with established interest in programming; not those coming in because they want just any jobs. A newbie with sufficient will and time can make something out of python in 2 months. Not referring to graduates searching for jobs!

I got invited too on the home study materials. I just decided against going into core programming.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
Oluwasegun21:
I guess i would rada nt take the test then, i dnt really av so much interest in IT though. Success in advance 4 dos that are preparing 4 d test.

Not to discourage you. Feel free to take steps to see if this is the right path for you. Download newbie python off books. Read the first 2 chapters and then go to codecademy.com to continue. If u can get thru it then I want to believe you can do it.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Barywhyte:

That's true. A first timer will find it hard and boring, even though python is relatively straightforward. We really cant say if they are intentionally targeting experienced programmers. They are just after people with established interest in programming; not those coming in because they want just any jobs. A newbie with sufficient will and time can make something out of python in 2 months. Not referring to graduates searching for jobs!

I got invited too on the home study materials. I just decided against going into core programming.

I agree partly with you but in the beginning, what they were "selling" was a way out for job seekers. If that has changed maybe they shouldn't send the home study and stuff to everyone giving them hope. Imagine getting kicked out in first week of boot camp. There will always be slower learners. It only looks to me like people who have already tried their hands on programming will make it thru because there'll be no space for beginners.

I have no programming experience except for the intro courses taught in uni. I'm not going to give myself too much hope but I hope it goes well.

Meanwhile I can't get thru tax lab. Keeps raising json not serializable error

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.