Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620408 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
WafiJoe:

You might want to state your number clearly, you could delete it off once you get added. or drop your email.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Guru in d house! abeg make una help assess dis code oooo! d tin no gree submit oooo

var canIWatch = function (age){

if ((age > 0) && (age < 6)){
return("You are not allowed to watch Deadpool after 6.00pm."wink;
}
else if ((age >= 6) && (age < 17)){
return("You must be accompanied by a guardian who is 21 or older."wink;
}
else if ((age >= 17) && (age < 25)){
return("You are allowed to watch Deadpool, right after you show some ID."wink;
}
else if (age >= 25) {
return("Yay! You can watch Deadpool with no strings attached!."wink;
}
else{
return("Invalid age."wink;
}
};
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
yoyolagos:
Guru in d house! abeg make una help assess dis code oooo! d tin no gree submit oooo

}
}
}
else if (age >= 25) {
}
else{
}
};
yoyolagos you tried but you didn't perform the operation within the specified function in the proctor.. so define "canIwatch" as a function use age as the argument!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
Umu101:

yoyolagos you tried but you didn't perform the operation within the specified function in the proctor.. so define "canIwatch" as a function use age as the argument!

na wetin I do now, or there another way of defining function in javascript aside using the format below?:

var function_name = function(arg){
action code

};
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
yoyolagos:

}
}
}
else if (age >= 25) {
}
else{
}
};

u can also use : function canIwatch(age)

and try testing for invalid age first. Albeit, I think the procter site has issues.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
omonosa25:

u can also use : function canIwatch(age)

and try testing for invalid age first. Albeit, I think the procter site has issues.

ok
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 12:38am On Sep 13, 2016
who don get boot camp invite?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by koderNeptune(m): 6:57am On Sep 13, 2016
WafiJoe:

Yes, I think so too. Good news is, there is a group already cheesy

kindly add me to the group 08160689706 "Wafijoe"
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by baba11(m): 7:19am On Sep 13, 2016
WafiJoe:

You might want to state your number clearly, you could delete it off once you get added. or drop your email.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by koderNeptune(m): 10:35am On Sep 13, 2016
Please Guys,

I have been running codes on the Lab and the error i get is "Error running script". I am not sure if the problem is with my code or with andela.

I know the lab wont accept code that is not correct but when i did the Movie Lab, despite the fact that i got "Error running Script", yet it submitted and i cant risk doing the same process with other Labs.

Pleas where do you think the problem might be, and please i will love to join the group created.

Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevenson007: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2016
Please add me ===> 08140572531
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by stevenson007: 10:57am On Sep 13, 2016
evergold:
Thank God, received the link on August 29th rounded up today.
Please i just started my own infact am at 19%, am having problems with the TAX LAB... Please can you be of help?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 11:10am On Sep 13, 2016
Xx
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by evergold(m): 11:50am On Sep 13, 2016
stevenson007:

Please i just started my own infact am at 19%, am having problems with the TAX LAB... Please can you be of help?

whatsapp me 08034449868
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oahray: 12:07pm On Sep 13, 2016
koderNeptune:
Please Guys,

I have been running codes on the Lab and the error i get is "Error running script". I am not sure if the problem is with my code or with andela.

I know the lab wont accept code that is not correct but when i did the Movie Lab, despite the fact that i got "Error running Script", yet it submitted and i cant risk doing the same process with other Labs.

Pleas where do you think the problem might be, and please i will love to join the group created.

Thanks
if it passed when you tested and, on submitting, it didn't say "your solution failed to pass all the tests," keep trying to submit. If it failed any of the tests, it would have been stated.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by baba11(m): 12:39pm On Sep 13, 2016
stevenson007:

I am 67%...all quiz has been answered..it remains only the LABs now
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by realowded(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oahray:
Lol. You guys are funny. Andela wants people who are passionate about software development, who can learn fast and who can learn on their own. Doesn't matter if you are a novice, if you truly study the homestudy pack and do the codecademy tutorials, you'd get the hang of it. If it's just another job opportunity for you, don't bother. You'd end up frustrated.

The labs have two types of tests... A visible test and an invisible/hidden test.

If you have bugs in your code, read the last line of the debug message. You'd see where you made a mistake. You could also post the code here so others can help you debug. In the long run, it's better you do it yourself though.

Else if your code fails any of the visible tests, read the instructions carefully and check the tests tab to see what they are testing for.

Else if your code passes the visible tests but on submitting, you are told that if failed to pass all the tests, it's because there are hidden tests too. Read the instructions over and over again and fine-tune your code till it is accepted.

Else if you are simply told that there was an error running your script, then it's the Proctor/your network. Keep trying to submit.

PS: Before you ask, I'm not in Andela.

@Oahray

Mehn, it's frustration. I keep getting error running your script and am sure my code is fine cos I tested it on CLI.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by realowded(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
baba11:

I am 67%...all quiz has been answered..it remains only the LABs now

i think i will go ahead and finish the quizes. and see what happens before the deadline. I have mailed andela taya.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oahray: 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2016
realowded:

@Oahray

Mehn, it's frustration. I keep getting error running your script and am sure my code is fine cos I tested it on CLI.
has it passed the visible tests on the Proctor? If it has but keeps showing that error message (but not test spec failure) when trying to submit, confirm that there's no part of your code that could cause it to terminate prematurely when tested with strange test cases (for example, don't raise exceptions unless you are asked to). See if there's anyway you can fine-tune your algorithm to reduce runtime. Reload the page and keep trying to submit. It would eventually go through if it satisfies all test cases.

I might be wrong, but I think the frustration is part of the selection process. They want those who would keep trying no matter what.

You can also mail Andela, but don't expect to get anything more than "study your curriculum harder and keep trying." That's if you get a response that isn't automated.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by evergold(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2016
realowded:

i think i will go ahead and finish the quizes. and see what happens before the deadline. I have mailed andela taya.

Logout and login again. See if there is progress in your percentage.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 11:56am On Sep 14, 2016
THERE IS AN ERROR/BUG IN YOUR CODE
Results:
Internal Error: runTests aborted: TestOutcomeEvent(handled=False, test=, result=, outcome='error', exc_info=(, TypeError("'int' object is not iterable",), ), reason=None, expected=False, shortLabel=None, longLabel=None) is not JSON serializable

please how do i eliminate this. Code runs on idle
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2016
amamazzing:
Results:
Internal Error: runTests aborted: TestOutcomeEvent(handled=False, test=, result=, outcome='error', exc_info=(, TypeError("'int' object is not iterable",), ), reason=None, expected=False, shortLabel=None, longLabel=None) is not JSON serializable

let's see your code....
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oahray: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
amamazzing:
Results:

your code accepts an integer in a testcase as input. An integer cannot be looped over, that's why the TypeError.

Try to include a conditional statement. Like if it's not a dictionary, no gree! Do so and so (depending on what you are asked)... else, continue with the remaining code
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Charpell(m): 7:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
WafiJoe:

Please add me 08185478440
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by optimisttayo(m): 7:45am On Sep 15, 2016
am Nurudeen, kindly add my number...even though I have not started the proctor. 08139143986
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 11:55am On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oahray: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2016
amamazzing:

sorry I didn't see this earlier. It doesn't look quite right... Your for-loop coming before your if-statement. If you pass in an int as 'staff' instead of a dict, the program would try to loop over it at that for statement, then realize it's an int which isn't iterable and you'd get a TypeError. Let the if isinstance() come before the for statement. Then...

You want staff to be a dict, but you seem to be treating it like a list/str/set. Em... Can I see the instructions?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
Oahray:
sorry I didn't see this earlier. It doesn't look quite right... Your for-loop coming before your if-statement. If you pass in an int as 'staff' instead of a dict, the program would try to loop over it at that for statement, then realize it's an int which isn't iterable and you'd get a TypeError. Let the if isinstance() come before the for statement. Then...

You want staff to be a dict, but you seem to be treating it like a list. Can I see the instructions?

What's the right way to iterate over dict values. My code runs on idle
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oahray: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
amamazzing:

What's the right way to iterate over dict values. My code runs on idle
did you run as unittest with the test cases on proctor?

Your method is fine, you can also loop over dictionary keys first using the .keys() method, then get each value with the key. ie

# pardon my indentation.
# after if statement to ensure staff is a dict

for oga in staff.keys():
. if type(staff[oga]) is (int or float):
. . #your remaining code
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 9:16am On Sep 16, 2016
Oahray:
did you run as unittest with the test cases on proctor?

Your method is fine, you can also loop over dictionary keys first using the .keys() method, then get each value with the key. ie

# pardon my indentation.
# after if statement to ensure staff is a dict

for oga in staff.keys():
. if tupe(staff[oga]) is (int or float):
. . #your remaining code

thanks. Found the problem and submitted. Please can u delete the quoted code. Not correct and misleading
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by viktinho: 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
pls add me 07069701471

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.