Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,568 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621984 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:

I agree partly with you but in the beginning, what they were "selling" was a way out for job seekers. If that has changed maybe they shouldn't send the home study and stuff to everyone giving them hope. Imagine getting kicked out in first week of boot camp. There will always be slower learners. It only looks to me like people who have already tried their hands on programming will make it thru because there'll be no space for beginners.

I have no programming experience except for the intro courses taught in uni. I'm not going to give myself too much hope but I hope it goes well.

Meanwhile I can't get thru tax lab. Keeps raising json not serializable error

Amamazzing I am experiencing the same thing too. first my oop is passing all tests but I can't submit. second tax lab is raising a Json error. With just two to go but it looks like I'm stuck. I think specifying the data types for the function argument and the values of the dictionary is going to be important. I have already adjusted but internet is sooo bad that I've been unable to test it. mtn is horrible!!!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=Umu101 post=49267000]

Being an African is a limitation. This environment suffocates talent, passion and effort. If everyone on this site could have 18hrs to study and practice uninterrupted by African Limitations......... then even Andela will have to upgrade the test.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
Umu101:

Amamazzing I am experiencing the same thing too. first my oop is passing all tests but I can't submit. second tax lab is raising a Json error. With just two to go but it looks like I'm stuck. I think specifying the data types for the function argument and the values of the dictionary is going to be important. I have already adjusted but internet is sooo bad that I've been unable to test it. mtn is horrible!!!!

I use mtn and I've not been able to work for 2 days now.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
Being an African is NOT a limitation. Having an oppressive environment and government, and an "oppressible" mind is.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 3:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
there is really nothing in this test. there is really nothing in programming too.

this is why:

1) A guy picks words from his language (English, Chinese, Igbo or Yoruba) designed to control a computer

2) he compiles the keywords into a programming language.

3) the keywords can be converted into binary by an interpreter and if it finds an odd 1 and 0 sequence, it rejects your code.

that is all o!!

we need an indigenous programming language in pidgin. this oyinbo grammar is also a limitation too. if I get into Andela, this will be my focus.

or do Japanese programmers code in English

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
If someone had already done it and was successful ,you'd need another reason. I don't see a limitation but an opportunity in your example
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by foldl: 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
Umu101:

looking for a hint from me!!
From my posts you will know that I am not a coding genius.
I wrote most of my codes on paper. (bug ridden codes)
I had to use insecticide!!!
I am still at 88%.poor power, internet connectivity and the high cost of Baygon are really affecting me.

Guy dey way you dey mek me scatter laugh if I bust my bele I go invoke Amadioha for your head oO!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
abeg I need help with d recursion Lab ooooo

I got the replicate_iter(times, data) part but replicate_recur(times, data) part na wahala

i guess una dey create whatsapp group or something
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by foldl: 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
Umu101:

The key to passing this test is simple: Stay away from the CHURCH!!. don't let them cast the PYTHON out of you!!!!.
I can't take it (Add meme here)! You are friggin hilarious!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:
If someone had already done it and was successful ,you'd need another reason. I don't see a limitation but an opportunity in your example

as a curious person, I like to understand ideas in the very form in which they were originally conceived. but when complex ideas are conveyed in terms borrowed from Latin, Greek, french, Arabic etc.....

The word algorithm is from the Arabic term Al Kwarizmi(Name of a Persian mathematician who tried to axiomatize maths in his own language) so procedural logic was named after him.
so my point is that learning is more difficult for many and they are struggling with the tests partly due to the language issues!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Umu101: 4:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
For God sake what does Json non serializable mean!!
How am I supposed to know what to adjust if I don't understand the error message?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Barywhyte(m): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:

I agree partly with you but in the beginning, what they were "selling" was a way out for job seekers. If that has changed maybe they shouldn't send the home study and stuff to everyone giving them hope. Imagine getting kicked out in first week of boot camp. There will always be slower learners. It only looks to me like people who have already tried their hands on programming will make it thru because there'll be no space for beginners.

I have no programming experience except for the intro courses taught in uni. I'm not going to give myself too much hope but I hope it goes well.

Meanwhile I can't get thru tax lab. Keeps raising json not serializable error

Its always like that. People will always be weeded out. But do you really love programming? Do you have passion for it and why? Am asking because it is a long way and very rewarding too. Real programmers are self-taught. If you are strong in heart and you have something you wanna achieve with it, I suggest you press on with or without Andela. Python is an excellent way to start

As for json error, have you done some googling? Same problem can have different causes. Trust me it is problem solving like this that makes you a great programmer.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Barywhyte:

Its always like that. People will always be weeded out. But do you really love programming? Do you have passion for it and why? Am asking because it is a long way and very rewarding too. Real programmers are self-taught. If you are strong in heart and you have something you wanna achieve with it, I suggest you press on with or without Andela. Python is an excellent way to start

As for json error, have you done some googling? Same problem can have different causes. Trust me it is problem solving like this that makes you a great programmer.

The problem is from their proctor
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Barywhyte(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:

The problem is from their proctor
I c. So ur code is working now?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
Barywhyte:

I c. So ur code is working now?

Not exactly. Only people working directly on the andela proctor would understand. I've worked around this in other questions but I'm having some trouble here
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Barywhyte(m): 4:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:

Not exactly. Only people working directly on the andela proctor would understand. I've worked around this in other questions but I'm having some trouble here

Why not contact andela?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 4:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Umu101:
For God sake what does Json non serializable mean!!
How am I supposed to know what to adjust if I don't understand the error message?

share ur source code, I might be able to debug it for u
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 4:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Barywhyte:

Why not contact andela?

Because other people have done it and passed. I just have to keep modifying it till its exactly what they want. Hopefully that happens before Sept 23Rd. Thanks for your concern tho
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Barywhyte(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:

Because other people have done it and passed. I just have to keep modifying it till its exactly what they want. Hopefully that happens before Sept 23Rd. Thanks for your concern tho

That's the spirit! You have it
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
amamazzing:

yes. The issue is with the procter platform, my codes runs with the testcases on my lappy....

you did not reply ma mail
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
Umu101:

as a curious person, I like to understand ideas in the very form in which they were originally conceived. but when complex ideas are conveyed in terms borrowed from Latin, Greek, french, Arabic etc.....

The word algorithm is from the Arabic term Al Kwarizmi(Name of a Persian mathematician who tried to axiomatize maths in his own language) so procedural logic was named after him.
so my point is that learning is more difficult for many and they are struggling with the tests partly due to the language issues!!

it's not about the Language used to create a programming lang. it's basically 1 and 0, but the use of ASCII gives us a way to play with it and also the varing conversion from hex,Dec, Oct to d binary Lang with computer understands.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by amamazzing: 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
omonosa25:

yes. The issue is with the procter platform, my codes runs with the testcases on my lappy....

you did not reply ma mail

now mtn is just messing with me.

Err, yeah, sorry. Wasnt sure how to say no without it being a big deal

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by omonosa25(m): 6:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
Andela is actually made for novice but it's unfortunate you get to bootcamp to see guys dat are very good and will push you out of d competition...

for me, immediately I complete dis I will start Angular JS and Ruby on Rails to give me competitive advantage.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Oahray: 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lol. You guys are funny. Andela wants people who are passionate about software development, who can learn fast and who can learn on their own. Doesn't matter if you are a novice, if you truly study the homestudy pack and do the codecademy tutorials, you'd get the hang of it. If it's just another job opportunity for you, don't bother. You'd end up frustrated.

The labs have two types of tests... A visible test and an invisible/hidden test.

If you have bugs in your code, read the last line of the debug message. You'd see where you made a mistake. You could also post the code here so others can help you debug. In the long run, it's better you do it yourself though.

Else if your code fails any of the visible tests, read the instructions carefully and check the tests tab to see what they are testing for.

Else if your code passes the visible tests but on submitting, you are told that if failed to pass all the tests, it's because there are hidden tests too. Read the instructions over and over again and fine-tune your code till it is accepted.

Else if you are simply told that there was an error running your script, then it's the Proctor/your network. Keep trying to submit.

PS: Before you ask, I'm not in Andela.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WafiJoe(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
yoyolagos:
abeg I need help with d recursion Lab ooooo

I got the replicate_iter(times, data) part but replicate_recur(times, data) part na wahala

i guess una dey create whatsapp group or something

Yes there is a group
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WafiJoe(m): 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
worisj:
I think we should create a whatsapp group to share ideas and thoughts, i mean just so we get better, who else thinks this way?

Yes, I think so too. Good news is, there is a group already cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by yoyolagos: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
WafiJoe:

make una add me abeg! o8o 5z3 6z8
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 8:16am On Sep 12, 2016
please add me to the group
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by joe4866: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2016
4watever:

I seriously doubt that a newbie to IT can read that home study pack and understand it.

Try giving it to someone around you and see If he/she can make sense of it.

Andela claims the fellowship program is for beginners but its obviously not.
Bro na true, even we sometimes get confused not to talk about someone when just dey start from scratch.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WafiJoe(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2016
yoyolagos:

make una add me abeg! o8o 5z3 6z8

You might want to state your number clearly, you could delete it off once you get added. or drop your email.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by evergold(m): 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
WafiJoe:

Please kindly add me to the group 08034449868
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by worisj(m): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
WafiJoe:

please add me 09026593730

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59