Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621076 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by phililp(m): 8:51pm On May 28, 2017
Folzye:
someone please help out or give me a solution to escaping my way around the qualified engine

u no see my quote nii?? lets see ur code... b4 enithing.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2017
phililp:

u no see my quote nii?? lets see ur code... b4 enithing.

It's my internet connection, fixed it thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by ysd01(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2017
GOOD DAY PEOPLE. AM ENJOYING THE DISCUSSION SO FAR.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:40am On May 31, 2017
Guys i just finished my test this morning... i got the mail yesterday evening, How did you guys cope with staying online?. i used 12hours but i literally lost 6 hours to power outage.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:51am On May 31, 2017
What's the probability of my 12hours time usage like have stated ^^^ to be considered for next stage .

Bahddo:
It's official. Andela has moved their assessment to Qualified.io. grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bowlexzy(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2017
Hello, I am Samuel Bolu; Freelance computer technician, product manager, web content strategist and social media manager. I have worked with eCommerce companies and also small medium enterprise to help manage and monitor their sites. So do you want to start selling your products on Konga, Jumia, Bargainmaster, SME Markethub etc or you need your products on your site? Or are you new to e-commerce? And you need help registering and uploading your products? With marketing that increases sales? I am Looking for brilliant and exciting idea to help product manage. If you are running an e-commerce company, contact me if you need a product manager and management help. 07035943189 or 08154326177
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 9:50am On May 31, 2017
kayoph:
What's the probability of my 12hours time usage like have stated ^^^ to be considered for next stage .

I think that's left for the Recruitment Team to decide.

In my opinion, the quality of your code is more important than the time it took, unless you fail to meet the test deadline. Then the accuracy of your quiz answers is also a huge decider. Just be sure you did your best and keep your fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 11:05am On May 31, 2017
Bahddo:
I think that's left for the Recruitment Team to decide.

In my opinion, the quality of your code is more important than the time it took, unless you fail to meet the test deadline. Then the accuracy of your quiz answers is also a huge decider. Just be sure you did your best and keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks bro.. I think they would get the quality in mine, if that weighs more than #time. I hope i get invited for the next stage.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
I am still battling with the first challenge cry
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
aliuyusuf003:
I am still battling with the first challenge cry
is_isogram test
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by r4blessing: 1:18am On Jun 04, 2017
Please for those that have done d homestudy test does it involve theoretical questions or just coding
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Wryhder: 9:19am On Jun 04, 2017
voltz:

Budget Analysis Application "budgetsheep.herokuapp.com"
What questions were you asked at the interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 9:37am On Jun 05, 2017
r4blessing:
Please for those that have done d homestudy test does it involve theoretical questions or just coding
It involves both coding and theoretical questions.... Thank God I'm now through with 8, 8 more to go smiley
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Folzye(m): 10:08am On Jun 05, 2017
I don't know what went wrong with the qualified.io server just refused to process my labs and the time was counting, finally finished after several hours wasted
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Adex001(m): 11:48am On Jun 05, 2017
Hello Everyone, I need some clarifications please! Though I just finished the assessment, my question is I use javascript before but now I love using python. Infact, I used python for all the labs. I hope everything will be fine? cc: Bahddo ; voltz
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Bahddo(m): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
Adex001:
Hello Everyone, I need some clarifications please! Though I just finished the assessment, my question is I use javascript before but now I love using python. Infact, I used python for all the labs. I hope everything will be fine?
I think the power of choice (which was unavailable with Proctor) is meant to improve user experience. The idea is that you get to write code in the language you are most comfortable with.

However, if I were to suggest, I'd say it's good to write at least one program in JS even if you'd like to use Python throughout. Just to demonstrate that you can write code in JS. Remember you are being tested based on the homestudy curriculum which includes BOTH python and JS.

I'm not sure it matters much though. Languages are just tools, what you can do with a language is more important. All the best.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by noordean(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2017
Adex001:
Hello Everyone, I need some clarifications please! Though I just finished the assessment, my question is I use javascript before but now I love using python. Infact, I used python for all the labs. I hope everything will be fine? cc: Bahddo ; voltz
Once you are able to switch when the need arises, you shouldn't have problem. There is a high probability that you will do more of JavaScript in the bootcamp though, so try and get comfortable with it.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kibecollins: 4:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Guys from Andela Kenya, are you here?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kibecollins: 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2017
Andela Kenya Cohort 19 interview starts tomorrow, at the Nairobi headquarters. Who's going?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2017
Like how many people Andela normally call for interviews per cycle..... The experienced people in the house
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Wryhder: 5:04am On Jun 06, 2017
Hello, guys. Who's applied this cycle (XXV)?

How long after the initial follow-up email (after application) did you get your invite to do the Saberr test?
Got my follow-up message yesterday. Haven't received any invite.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kibecollins: 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
aliuyusuf003:
Like how many people Andela normally call for interviews per cycle..... The experienced people in the house

The Nairobi interview started today and I saw we were about 40 in the list. I don't know about tomorrow's number but there are high chances it's the same. So we can say, per cycle, about 80 - 100 get called for an interview. Am not sure about Nigeria's.

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
How did the interview go? Hope the questions are not too tense grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by kibecollins: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
aliuyusuf003:
How did the interview go? Hope the questions are not too tense grin

It's hard to know how you did after the interview. And it's done in two sessions, the first session is a code review of the technical test solutions you submitted to them about a day prior. You basically walk them through your solutions. The second session you sit in groups of four and get interviewed on some general questions to know you. Who you are, what you do, what you expect to find at Andela. One of the weirdest question we were asked is the last one - "What are your salary expectations?" This one knocked me off as I've not been employed before.

PS: The interview is actually done by 100% fellows, no admins or HR or whatever. So expect them to be friendly and sharp.

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by obasiete: 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2017
house i have done this yet my code fails one test. please help.

def is_isogram(word):
if type(word) != str:
raise TypeError('Argument should be a string')
elif word == "string":
return (word, False)
else:
word = word.lower()
for char in word:
if word.count(char) > 1:
return (word, False)
else:
return (word, True)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by r4blessing: 5:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
obasiete:

def is_isogram(word):
if type(word) != str:
elif word == "string":
return (word, False)
else:
word = word.lower()
for char in word:
if word.count(char) > 1:
return (word, False)
else:
return (word, True)
same here
I had to submit like that
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by obasiete: 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
r4blessing:
same here
I had to submit like that

Ok.
But what could be the reason?
this is the message i got

Tests
test_checks_for_isograms
test_empty_string_input
Empty string not a avalid isogram
test_it_only_accepts_strings
test_returns_false_for_nonisograms
test_returns_tuple
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by sannytee: 5:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
obasiete:

def is_isogram(word):
if type(word) != str:
elif word == "string":
return (word, False)
else:
word = word.lower()
for char in word:
if word.count(char) > 1:
return (word, False)
else:
return (word, True)
use isinstance instead of type
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
obasiete:

Ok.
But what could be the reason?
this is the message i got

Tests
test_checks_for_isograms
test_empty_string_input
Empty string not a avalid isogram
test_it_only_accepts_strings
test_returns_false_for_nonisograms
test_returns_tuple
Try this, But give a reply if it doesn't work ASAP:
def is_isogram(word):
if word == "":
return TypeError
for letter in word:
if word.count(letter) >= 2:
return word, True
if word.count(letter) <= 1:
return word, False
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by aliuyusuf003: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hi guys, I want to use this medium to encourage some of us that might be finding it tough which going through the curriculum. I want you to note that it worth giving ur all. Do not forget that this is a skill and you have make it habitual, so when the going get tough remember, it worth it, it really worth it. So never give up my fellow Andelan, meet you at the Bootcamp Inn sha Allah ..... #cycle24

3 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by r4blessing: 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
aliuyusuf003:
Hi guys, I want to use this medium to encourage some of us that might be finding it tough which going through the curriculum. I want you to note that it worth giving ur all. Do not forget that this is a skill and you have make it habitual, so when the going get tough remember, it worth it, it really worth it. So never give up my fellow Andelan, meet you at the Bootcamp Inn sha Allah ..... #cycle24
have u been invited for interview
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by r4blessing: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Please has anyone from cycle xxiv been invited for interview. I just finished my home study test and am wondering when d invite will come. If it is after d deadline or as soon as you have submitted and meet the cutoff mark

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.