Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (620339 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by firdaus1: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
Bennyzino:
What is the cut off for the online plum

There is no such thing as a cut off. We assess all the scores from the aptitude test through our proprietary algorithm to find fast learners who are smart, bright, and hardworking with a strong desire and drive to be great software developers and we continue to improve this algorithm using data from the most successful Andela Fellows to find more people like them.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by firdaus1: 4:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
Bennyzino:
Please... I need to know the criteria for selection. Is it the problem solving, task management or innovation. If it is whats the safe score to get.

We assess all the scores from all sections of the aptitude test through our proprietary algorithm to find fast learners who are smart, bright, and hardworking with a strong desire and drive to be great software developers and we continue to improve this algorithm using data from the most successful Andela Fellows to find more people like them. You should simply take your time on the test and answer honestly and if you fit our match criteria you will be selected.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by firdaus1: 5:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
electricity:

Hi Iyinoluwa,
I'm sure the Andela Fellowship would be a great experience but how much is the pay?
I'm considering leaving a pretty decent job for a shot at Andela so I'm really concerned about what the pay is during the 3 month internship, after confirmation and how it progresses through the 4 year fellowship.

Some say its 80k during the internship but online, it says $500/month. Now that the exchange rate has spiked, it would be appreciated if the real value of $500 actually reflects in the salary as the cost of living in Lagos skyrockets.

Please clarify the payment at all the stages for those that are going for the bootcamp.

It would be such a waste to find excellent candidates who would turn down an offer after they find out how much the pay is.

Thanks for the question -- fully appreciate the decision you need to make. It's difficult to give a precise answer because this is a HR issue but rest assured you will know when you receive an offer join the fellowship. But to give you some parameters, within a year, developers can earn a salary above the starting salary of international consulting companies or local banks like KPMG, PWC, Access Bank or GTB. According to current projections, developers graduate with ~$5,000 USD in savings at the end of their 4-year Fellowship. Andela also provides other benefits: a robust health care package, residential housing, financial literacy training, and a range of professional development opportunities. There is no other program in this class if what you truly want to do is become a world class developer over the next four years so it is certainly worth it.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by firdaus1: 5:03pm On Mar 23, 2015
Mrjayman:
Hello Iyinoluwa,
If unsuccessful applicants can show proof of competence in the web technologies Andela clients demand, can they get an automatic invite to the interview or automatic admission into bootcamp, because the current shortlisting process has denied talented programmers like myself, the opportunity to become andela fellows. Thanks and a reply will be appreciated.

Thanks for your question. Fortunately, we are not just looking for people with technical competence. We are also looking for fast learners who are smart, bright, and hardworking and have a strong desire to be world class at what they do. Our advice is to continue to apply, take your time with the test and answer the questions honestly.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Icecream4U(m): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2015
firdaus1:

Thanks for the question -- fully appreciate the decision you need to make. It's difficult to give a precise answer because this is a HR issue but rest assured you will know when you receive an offer join the fellowship. But to give you some parameters, within a year, developers can earn a salary above the starting salary of international consulting companies or local banks like KPMG, PWC, Access Bank or GTB. According to current projections, developers graduate with ~$5,000 USD in savings at the end of their 4-year Fellowship. Andela also provides other benefits: a robust health care package, residential housing, financial literacy training, and a range of professional development opportunities. There is no other program in this class if what you truly want to do is become a world class developer over the next four years so it is certainly worth it.

approximately 5,000usd in a whole 4 Years? That's less than a million naira! With such amount, How would Andela fellows start their own tech companies after the 4year programme?
Also, i want to know the preferred age limit. Can a 35year old person apply?

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 23, 2015
My score was not impressive at today's Test *sad*
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2015
Gunbiz:

Oh. Sorry bro. The interview is still there for the taking. You never can tell what can happen. smiley grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 7:58pm On Mar 23, 2015
Icecream4U:
approximately 5,000usd in a whole 4 Years? That's less than a million naira! With such amount, How would Andela fellows start their own tech companies after the 4year programme?
Also, i want to know the preferred age limit. Can a 35year old person apply?

Brother, In life ehn, once you have added value to yourself and posses some skills, Money would look for you. As a developer, you can even become a billionaire within a year(Just develop the right solution). As the saying goes "The most important question to ask yourself on a job is 'What am I learning/becoming', not 'what am I earning'. Besides, if you are passionate about something, money is the least thing that'll motivate you, as a matter of fact you can even do it FREE. The key thing is knowing what you want... I believe @Andela has provided an avenue for people who are "Passionate" about software development,to learn, grow and earn. Become a man of value and let the money chase you. Errrrm, I aint speaking on behalf of Andela o, this is just my opinion. cheesy #PassionOverEverything

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2015
Gunbiz:
sorry bro. What was your score?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2015
Gunbiz:
Brotherly, You can't afford to beat yourself or be sad... Pick yourself up and apply again if you dont make it this time. The good part is if you apply again, you'll have an upper hand when next you are taking the test compared to those taking it for the first time. Count it all joy boss. wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2015
codebrew85:
sorry bro. What was your score?

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
WilBak:

Brotherly, You can't afford to beat yourself or be sad... Pick yourself up and apply again if you dont make it this time. The good part is if you apply again, you'll have an upper hand when next you are taking the test compared to those taking it for the first time. Count it all joy boss. wink

Yes boss, sure will, thank u

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
Whose interview is for tomorrow?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
Gunbiz:

Mine. 12 noon.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2015
Gunbiz:
Mine 2:45
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2015
Gunbiz:

bros, why are you now beating yourself over this your score? Mine is 591 na...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 24, 2015
codebrew85:
bros, why are you now beating yourself over this your score? Mine is 591 na...

Okay I wont beat mysef again, wen is ur interview

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2015
Good! My interview is for Thursday.
Gunbiz:

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 9:13am On Mar 24, 2015
Gunbiz:

Some of us are still trying to get past the Plum test sef... Seems most people who were invited got above 90% in Problem Solving, Innovation and Task Management. For me, the problem solving is a walk over but the personality test ? *faints* The thing just be like setup. lol... #OkBye
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 24, 2015
WilBak:

Some of us are still trying to get past the Plum test sef... Seems most people who were invited got above 90% in Problem Solving, Innovation and Task Management. For me, the problem solving is a walk over but the personality test ? *faints* The thing just be like setup. lol... #OkBye

Plum test is piece of cake, I can sell my scores for ya grin grin grin

Btw d test yesterday is nt beans or moi moi....u nid to no d stuff very well
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 24, 2015
codebrew85:
Good! My interview is for Thursday.

Long time to prepare
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by WilBak: 9:35am On Mar 24, 2015
Gunbiz:

Why you no go call am piece of cake when you don pass am. *Moju* I dey beef you mhen... LOL!!!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2015
Gunbiz:

As in... Mostly Javascript and few CSS. And most of the Javascripts deal with objects and passing finctions into functions. A piece of advice for those who want to re-apply or those who want to apply for the first time, take time to study the homestudy Javascript projects in Codcademy, and the CSS in General Assembly. Was kinda lucky to have done some of the Javascript before the test. It really helped.

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 24, 2015
Gunbiz:

Long time to prepare
yea wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2015

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by circular(m): 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
codebrew85:
@toystars, circular and gunbiz, how was your interview today? What were the questions that were asked? Any ideas/tips you can share?
Also, were any technical questions asked?
Nothing technical was asked.
1. Tell us about urself
2. What do u know about andela
And blablabla

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
codebrew85:
@toystars, circular and gunbiz, how was your interview today? What were the questions that were asked? Any ideas/tips you can share?

Exactly wat circular said, nothing technical but go through ur homestudy n codeacademy for incase sha
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2015
A tip for u guys, check ur timing very well and ensure it is WAT nt GMT or EAT, today some1 set his time for 9:45am and did his interview by around 3 sha and he was there since 9am, because his time was EAT....so beware guys
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
Gunbiz:
A tip for u guys, check ur timing very well and ensure it is WAT nt GMT or EAT, today some1 set his time for 9:45am and did his interview by around 3 sha and he was there since 9am, because his time was EAT....so beware guys
ok. Thanks for the tip.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2015
codebrew85:

The interview is just to check for the "soft skills" as they put it, just your personality. Nothing technical.

Now all we have to do is wait for the bootcamp invite. Let the wait begin. grin wink
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Sheyhunn(m): 11:40pm On Mar 24, 2015
Good day guy, I just joined the forum. I missed the March 2015 application deadline due to late information. Is there going to be another opportunity next time?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59