Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (621697 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
tgmservice:
Before push cv now andela has come another time wasting ruse. How can a company appear from nowhere and start calling themselves software gaint have you asked urself what have they don before they start training people. Remember its a 4 year program, 4 years of sucking ur pocket dry

Pushcv and andela cant b compared. U cant compare football to boxing or Messi to Hazard wld u cheesy cheesy wink?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
I intend to do the plum test tonight, please is it advisable I use my Android phone?
cc Erza, toystar
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
Google63:
I intend to do the plum test tonight, please is it advisable I use my Android phone?
cc Erza, toystar

You can, as long as you have a good internet connection. I also used an android phone for my plum test.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
toystars:

You can, as long as you have a good internet connection. I also used an android phone for my plum test.
i have a good internet connection. Thanks alot!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 9:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
toystars:

After signing in now... See what I got... I didn't attempt any question at all. What could be wrong?

cc Erza

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
Google63:

After signing in now... See what I got... I didn't attempt any question at all. What could be wrong?

cc Erza

probably you have written the test before
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Erza:

probably you have written the test before
I wrote it earlier this month ... Don't I have to write it again?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
izutex007:

Pushcv and andela cant b compared. U cant compare football to boxing or Messi to Hazard wld u cheesy cheesy wink?

Uhhm, Duh!!, yes you can compare Messi to Hazard, you can compare whatever with whatever, when you say compare you are not entirely comparing similarity, you can also compare dissimilarity.

And also depending on what you are comparing, it could be skill set or the lack of it, it could be physical strength or its lack, each of which both players have, just in different quantity. So it won't be out of place, it won't even be out of place to compare marcelo with C.Ronaldo....
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ramos16:

Uhhm, Duh!!, yes you can compare Messi to Hazard, you can compare whatever with whatever, when you say compare you are not entirely comparing similarity, you can also compare dissimilarity.

And also depending on what you are comparing, it could be skill set or the lack of it, it could be physical strength or its lack, each of which both players have, just in different quantity. So it won't be out of place, it won't even be out of place to compare marcelo with C.Ronaldo....

i get ur point... #happy sunday.

P.S
r a programmer wt Real Madrid? Lol.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
izutex007:

i get ur point... #happy sunday.

P.S
r a programmer wt Real Madrid? Lol.

uhhh!! is all i got, I mean what do you mean?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ramos16:

uhhh!! is all i got, I mean what do you mean?

**are u a Real Madrid fan?

#ur username propted my question.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
izutex007:

**are u a Real Madrid fan?

#ur username propted my question.

Have you not seen a Nigerian bearing Ramos before, you racist wink grin hehe,

Yeah! man me love madrid wella
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 11:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ramos16:

Have you not seen a Nigerian bearing Ramos before, you racist wink grin hehe,

Yeah! man me love madrid wella

lol....a Nigerian named Ramos cheesy.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by JayEye(m): 1:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
toystars:

First, Andela does not claim to be a software giant. No, we are not Microsoft, neither are we Facebook. If you took your time to get more information about Andela, I doubt if you will say this. That said, let me chip in some facts:

1. Andela is an Ed-Tech company based in New York that aims to train 100,000 Africans in the craft of software development in the next 10 years. Call it a tall dream, but it is possible.
2. Andela does not charge for training. Instead, you get paid to learn to code. Tell, me which company do that.
3. Andela didn't come from nowhere, it is the brilliant idea of great people like Jeremy Johnson, Christina Sass, Iyinoluwa Aboyeji and Ian Carnevale. These people are some of the greatest people you can work with.
4. Andela can be said to be an idea that spawned from 2U and Fora, both of which you can get better info on with a quick google search.
5. There are over 80 Andela fellows right now and more keep coming in monthly.
6. Andela just concluded the first bootcamp in Kenya today, so tell me how big a 1yr old company can be when we are taking over Africa.

I am a fellow and I bet other fellows can upvote these claims.

P.S: Andela is adding value to lives. But if you think otherwise, watch as others around you grab the opportunity. Moreover, the Wright brothers were proclaimed as mad when they said they could build flying metal (Planes).

Once again, the link to apply is [url]apply.andela.com[/url]

Peace!
please in your personal opinion, do you think one can combine andela with school? am an engineering student in uniben and am really in love with what andela is doing and also can't wait to be a part of it!
thank you.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 6:56pm On Jun 29, 2015
@ezra, @toystars, I just got called up for boot camp, it would be nice to get some inside info on how it all works. Thanks a million

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
JayEye:

please in your personal opinion, do you think one can combine andela with school? am an engineering student in uniben and am really in love with what andela is doing and also can't wait to be a part of it!
thank you.

No you can't, because you've got to give your everything to make it as an Andela fellow; time inclusive. I'd advice you finish up with school first. Andela isn't going anywhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
blueyedgeek:
@ezra, @toystars, I just got called up for boot camp, it would be nice to get some inside info on how it all works. Thanks a million

Congrats for the bootcamp callup. I'm sure you will enjoy the program. So to your question. The bootcamp runs for two weeks and you will build on what you've learned from the homestudy tutorials. But it's all basic though. Just be confident and show you want to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dami9ja(m): 1:19am On Jun 30, 2015
blueyedgeek:

Congrats bro! All the best. Is this your first time applying?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 6:57am On Jun 30, 2015
dami9ja:

Congrats bro! All the best. Is this your first time applying?
Second time actually.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 7:00am On Jun 30, 2015
toystars:

Congrats for the bootcamp callup. I'm sure you will enjoy the program. So to your question. The bootcamp runs for two weeks and you will build on what you've learned from the homestudy tutorials. But it's all basic though. Just be confident and show you want to learn.
Yeah, everything must feel basic for you now right? Oga.

So, do we work on mini - projects and stuff?

Thanks for all the help.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Yeah, everything must feel basic for you now right? Oga.
So, do we work on mini - projects and stuff?
Thanks for all the help.

It depends. Just expect anything.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 03, 2015
Congrats blueeyedgeek,would have applied but school wouldn't let me....I can only make the bootcamp since I would be very much around but the actual training.... nah!!!....We'd turn senior developers from home grin grin

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 1:38am On Jul 09, 2015
Guys, how has bootcamp been so far?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 6:33am On Jul 09, 2015
toystars:
Guys, how has bootcamp been so far?
Yesterday, an hackathon took place at the main campus (building cool stuff using Uber's api) and today we'll be working with apis as well.

The bootcamp has been really exciting, sitting in a class with 16 (not accounting for those that were taken to the python class) eager coders (fine babes included) really makes you push yourself. Everyday, I wake up, I'm always excited to get to bootcamp. It's really fast paced though.

I love the improv sessions as well.

2 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 10:40am On Jul 09, 2015
blueyedgeek:

Yesterday, an hackathon took place at the main campus (building cool stuff using Uber's api) and today we'll be working with apis as well.

The bootcamp has been really exciting, sitting in a class with 16 (not accounting for those that were taken to the python class) eager coders (fine babes included) really makes you push yourself. Everyday, I wake up, I'm always excited to get to bootcamp. It's really fast paced though.

Glad you're having fun
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
blueyedgeek:

That's great. I was also at the hackathon grin. Anyways, keep the coding flame up and don't forget to have fun while doing that!
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by graciousolo(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
ojoawo:
did the 2nd level assessment too... seems legit. the owner is Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, a 23 year old entrepreneur.
what i dont understand is if they really use the online assessment to screen anybody out cos most of my pals who did it all seem to be getting an interview invite
Bros pls did Andela pick u last year? What was the process after the interview? Thanks...
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by rahdio: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2015
Whoa! Just re-applied. Hope I get picked. cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2015
blueyedgeek:

Please oh, do you happen to know a guy called Benjamin in the boot-camp? I need to get to him, I lost my phone
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2015
Biko, when will Andela start another session : I could not get in because I was still serving when I saw the opening, I will really like to get in now.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Google63(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2015
Ramos16:
Biko, when will Andela start another session : I could not get in because I was still serving when I saw the opening, I will really like to get in now.
application is still ongoing @ the moment. You can apply
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2015
How? I have been to andela.co, but nothing there, can you please provide me with the link? Thank you, for the prompt reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.