Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/Vacancies (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Andela: IT Training And Job (622205 Views)

Letter To All Fresh Graduates and Job seekers / Andela: IT Training And Job - Jobs/vacancies / Similarities Between Football And Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DarhmyBlaq(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2015
Ramos16:
i have my friend at the interview now, he is the skinny dark guy with the afro hair style

Abeg I need info on d interview mine is for tomorrow......... pls who has been interviewed of recent??
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2015
DarhmyBlaq:

Abeg I need info on d interview mine is for tomorrow......... pls who has been interviewed of recent??

The interview is no big deal, just be yourself and act natuarally, If you ask me its just ans interactive section, nothing more
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
DarhmyBlaq:

I have a friend who did the interview today. He said he was asked a few basic questions like 'tell me about yourself', 'why do you want to be a software developer' and also a few technical questions but it was very enjoyable as the interviewers were very friendly, just be calm and be yourself.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DarhmyBlaq(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
blueyedgeek:
I have a friend who did the interview today. He said he was asked a few basic questions like 'tell me about yourself', 'why do you want to be a software developer' and also a few technical questions but it was very enjoyable as the interviewers were very friendly, just be calm and be yourself.

Abeg undecided no vex wat do u mean by technical [ embarassed I no understand English oooo cry
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
DarhmyBlaq:

Abeg undecided no vex wat do u mean by technical [ embarassed I no understand English oooo cry
Logic based questions. All those abstract questions that they use to figure out how you approach solving problems.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Logic based questions. All those abstract questions that they use to figure out how you approach solving problems.
u da explain big grammer with another bigger grammar.
Now, if you say u be mechanic, somebody come meet u say make u explain how them da carry start motor, the question na technical question because of him relevance to your field. For andela now, any programmin, internet question or any question seff wai relate to their work 4 d andela na technical question, if u even tell them say u sabi something, and them come ask u question 4rm dat field, na also technical question
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ramos16:

Now, if you say u be mechanic, somebody come meet u say make u explain how them da carry start motor, the question na technical question because of him relevance to your field. For andela now, any programmin, internet question or any question seff wai relate to their work 4 d andela na technical question, if u even tell them say u sabi something, and them come ask u question 4rm dat field, na also technical question
Cool, thanks for pointing that out. Where you called for an interview?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 9:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
blueyedgeek:
Cool, thanks for pointing that out. Where you called for an interview?
yeah previous interview, could not go to dev camp though. Still serving, ending in 1 week time
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 10:16pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ramos16:

yeah previous interview, could not go to dev camp though. Still serving, ending in 1 week time
Oh... cool.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DarhmyBlaq(m): 12:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Ramos16:

Tnx I get it nw
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DarhmyBlaq(m): 12:07am On Jun 24, 2015
Ramos16:

U dey batch B...... Wch Local Government u dey?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Ramos16(m): 2:03am On Jun 24, 2015
DarhmyBlaq:

U dey batch B...... Wch Local Government u dey?
na bayelsa i da serve, in southern ijaw lga, otuan
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by DarhmyBlaq(m): 8:56am On Jun 24, 2015
Ramos16:

na bayelsa i da serve, in southern ijaw lga, otuan

I tot u wer in lag...... am in batch C
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by pman06(m): 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
@ Erza

In regards to the 2months bootcamp, what would you suggest an attendee prepare himself on before coming?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
pman06:
@ Erza

In regards to the 2months bootcamp, what would you suggest an attendee prepare himself on before coming?

You mean training, right? cos boot camp is 2 weeks smiley

if it's the boot camp, I'm sure a mail was sent on the specifications for your laptop. just that, the will to learn and a good brain

same for training

in other words, anyone can get into Andela if they want to cheesy
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by pman06(m): 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
Erza:

You mean training, right? cos boot camp is 2 weeks smiley

if it's the boot camp, I'm sure a mail was sent on the specifications for your laptop. just that, the will to learn and a good brain

same for training

in other words, anyone can get into Andela if they want to cheesy

Thanks for your response.

I meant to say 2weeks bootcamp.

I came for interview on monday, but are they sending out invitations to bootcamp already?
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jtenna: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2015
Please Oooo, I am still Learning HTML and CSS basics with Code academy for class XI. What happens after this? And how long will it take before we are called for the 'home test?' undecided
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dami9ja(m): 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hello Fam, pls can someone give me the direction to Andela from cele express. Thanks
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mohyaw(f): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
dami9ja:
Hello Fam, pls can someone give me the direction to Andela from cele express. Thanks
Take a bus to oshodi. From oshodi enter Sabo/yaba, stop at sabo junction. Take a bike to funsho street . stop at 2/4 funsho street, it's d 2nd building to your left. Press d bell ☺

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by dami9ja(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
mohyaw:

Take a bus to oshodi. From oshodi enter Sabo/yaba, stop at sabo junction. Take a bike to funsho street . stop at 2/4 funsho street, it's d 2nd building to your left. Press d bell ☺

Thank you very much
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
pman06:

Thanks for your response.

I meant to say 2weeks bootcamp.

I came for interview on monday, but are they sending out invitations to bootcamp already?

I don't think so
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by pman06(m): 8:57am On Jun 26, 2015
Erza:

I don't think so

Thanks for your prompt response.

One more question please. After the 3months of training, will fellows be expected to be staying at the andela complex, or go back to their location, whichever village they came from.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Erza: 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
pman06:

Thanks for your prompt response.

One more question please. After the 3months of training, will fellows be expected to be staying at the andela complex, or go back to their location, whichever village they came from.

It's your choice. But you gotta get to work. And on time too smiley

1 Like

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by jtenna: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Why is it that am always invisible on nairaland? Anytime I ask a question, no one answers instead mine is skipped for the next question?

What did I do?

Here is the question again quoted below. You see, I need to be prepared for the home test

Thanks in advance!

jtenna
post=35125714:

Please Oooo, I am still Learning HTML and CSS basics with Code academy for class XI. What happens after this? And how long will it take before we are called for the 'home test?' undecided
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by mohyaw(f): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
jtenna:
Why is it that am always invisible on nairaland? Anytime I ask a question, no one answers instead mine is skipped for the next question?

What did I do?

Here is the question again quoted below. You see, I need to be prepared for the home test

Thanks in advance!

Lol...keep learning, the date for d home study test should be on the application page...go check it out
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by tgmservice: 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Before push cv now andela has come another time wasting ruse. How can a company appear from nowhere and start calling themselves software gaint have you asked urself what have they don before they start training people. Remember its a 4 year program, 4 years of sucking ur pocket dry
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by blueyedgeek(m): 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
tgmservice:
Before push cv now andela has come another time wasting ruse. How can a company appear from nowhere and start calling themselves software gaint have you asked urself what have they don before they start training people. Remember its a 4 year program, 4 years of sucking ur pocket dry
You would do well to research the said company before coming to a public forum to spew ignorance.
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by toystars: 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
tgmservice:

First, Andela does not claim to be a software giant. No, we are not Microsoft, neither are we Facebook. If you took your time to get more information about Andela, I doubt if you will say this. That said, let me chip in some facts:

1. Andela is an Ed-Tech company based in New York that aims to train 100,000 Africans in the craft of software development in the next 10 years. Call it a tall dream, but it is possible.
2. Andela does not charge for training. Instead, you get paid to learn to code. Tell, me which company do that.
3. Andela didn't come from nowhere, it is the brilliant idea of great people like Jeremy Johnson, Christina Sass, Iyinoluwa Aboyeji and Ian Carnevale. These people are some of the greatest people you can work with.
4. Andela can be said to be an idea that spawned from 2U and Fora, both of which you can get better info on with a quick google search.
5. There are over 80 Andela fellows right now and more keep coming in monthly.
6. Andela just concluded the first bootcamp in Kenya today, so tell me how big a 1yr old company can be when we are taking over Africa.

I am a fellow and I bet other fellows can upvote these claims.

P.S: Andela is adding value to lives. But if you think otherwise, watch as others around you grab the opportunity. Moreover, the Wright brothers were proclaimed as mad when they said they could build flying metal (Planes).

Once again, the link to apply is [url]apply.andela.com[/url]

Peace!

11 Likes

Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by majamib: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
tgmservice:
LMAO. I'm still trynna decipher your first sentence bro shocked .
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
toystars:

First, Andela does not claim to be a software giant. No, we are not Microsoft, neither are we Facebook. If you took your time to get more information about Andela, I doubt if you will say this. That said, let me chip in some facts:

1. Andela is a startup based in New York that aims to train 100,000 Africans in the craft of software development in the next 10 years. Call it a tall dream, but it is possible.
2. Andela does not charge for training. Instead, you get paid to learn to code. Tell, me which company do that.
3. Andela didn't come from nowhere, it is the brilliant idea of great people like Jeremy Johnson, Christina Sass, Iyinoluwa Aboyeji and Ian Carnevale. These people are some of the greatest people you can work with.
4. Andela can be said to be an idea that spawned from 2U and Fora, both of which you can get better info on with a quick google search.
5. There are over 80 Andela fellows right now and more keep coming in monthly.
6. Andela just concluded the first bootcamp in Kenya today, so tell me how big a 1yr old company can be when we are taking over Africa.

I am a fellow and I bet other fellows can upvote these claims.

P.S: Andela is adding value to lives. But if you think otherwise, watch as others around you grab the opportunity. Moreover, the Wright brothers were proclaimed as mad when they said they could build flying metal (Planes).

Once again, the link to apply is [url]apply.andela.com[/url]

Peace!
Omo iya! Gba! Ya head is there joor. You cant blame the ignoramus.grin
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 9:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
jtenna:

What did I do?

Thanks in advance!

the home test shld b on the week of the application deadline i.e (19th july)
Re: Andela: IT Training And Job by izutex007(m): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
blueyedgeek:
You would do well to research the said company before coming to a public forum to spew ignorance.

you r on point...........pple "shoot" @ will wtout considering the consequeces. if only my bro. typed "andela" on any search engine...

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (263) (Reply)

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.