Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States (2401 Views)

Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer / Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot / President Jonathan Leaves Airplane Behind His Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by talk2smat(m): 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
There seems to be a confusion in President Goodluck Jonathan's cabinet as only one ministerial slot is left for two states. The states that are yet to have minister in Jonathan's cabinet are Kwara and Anambra. Earlier this morning, Jonathan assigned two portfolios to Ambassador Bashir Yuguda, who was until his redeployment today, the Minister of State for Works and Supervising Minister of National Planning.

The president announced Yuguda as substantive Minister of National Planning and Minister of State for Finance. With the announcement of the portfolios of four new ministers earlier this morning, the Ministry of Aviation is yet to have a substantive minister. Since former Ministers of Aviation and Sports, Stella Oduah (Anambra) and Bolaji Abdullah (Kwara) respectively were removed, Jonathan has not nominated anybody to fill their states' slots.

Those sworn in and assigned portfolios by the president earlier today are:

Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano)--Minister of Education

Stephen Oru (Delta)---Minister of Niger Delta Affairs

Abdul Bulama (Yobe)---Minister of Science and Technology

Clement Adebayo Adeyeye (Ekiti)--Minister of State for Works

The president also redeployed the Minister of State for Works, Bashir Yuguda as Substantive Minister of National Planning and Minister of State for Finance. Before announcing the new ministers' portfolios, Jonathan had charged them to serve the nation with their wealth of experience.

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/top-stories/28766-confusion-as-jonathan-leaves-1-ministerial-slot-for-2-states
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2014
For selfish reasons by Jonathan,I see Kwara state getting the slot. Anambra is already a PDP affiliated state.

7 Likes

Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by princed4real(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
Where cnt reging take pls.. Na d person way get money pass go enter d position
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by chacoonder(m): 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
talk2smat:

The president announced Yuguda as substantive

Those sworn in and assigned portfolios by the president earlier today are:

Ibrahim Shekarau (Kano)--Minister of Education

Stephen Oru (Delta)---Minister of Niger Delta Affairs

Abdul Bulama (Yobe)---Minister of Science and Technology

Clement Adebayo Adeyeye (Ekiti)--Minister of State for Works

The president also redeployed the Minister of State for Works, Bashir Yuguda as Substantive Minister of National Planning and Minister of State for Finance. Before announcing the new ministers' portfolios, Jonathan had charged them to serve the nation with their wealth of experience.

Source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/top-stories/28766-confusion-as-jonathan-leaves-1-ministerial-slot-for-2-states
Chai!...How can Ibrahim Shekarau be the Minister of education for Christ sake!.this is the apex of Jonathan's foolishness this year.
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by armadeo(m): 2:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
Yes nigerains are clamouring for more states even campaigning for governors of yet to be created states.
Due to the federal character principle many portfolios were created and even then it can't go round.

I laugh in German
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
armadeo: Yes nigerains are clamouring for more states even campaigning for governors of yet to be created states.
Due to the federal character principle many portfolios were created and even then it can't go round.

I laugh in German
I share your sentiment bro.
Additional states creation is a receipe for more confusion
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
berem: For selfish reasons by Jonathan,I see Kwara state getting the slot. Anambra is already a PDP affiliated state.

But I read somewhere that Mr Osita Chidoka (present FRSC boss) who is from anambra might get the job
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Lilimax(f): 3:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
berem: For selfish reasons by Jonathan,I see Kwara state getting the slot. Anambra is already a PDP affiliated state.
For this single reason, my Ananmbra people may end up dumping PDP but will never
accept APC undecided.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
bestestgirl:

But I read somewhere that Mr Osita Chidoka (present FRSC boss) who is from anambra might get the job
and what will Peter Obi get? Don't you know that ministerial positions are now given to recycled politicians and political close friends of Jonathan? I don't see Osita becoming a minister,not even in his dreams.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
Lilimax:
For this single reason, my Ananmbra people may end up dumping PDP but will never
accept APC undecided.

oh well,let's see how it goes
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
The PDP in kwara state are not united, they recently asked jonathan to pick any candidate he likes after challenging the candidature of 1 Prof suleiman who is a loyalist to a prominent PDP member in ilorin. I see anambra winning the ticket cos dose in kwara are not united
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
berem: and what will Peter Obi get? Don't you know that ministerial positions are now given to recycled politicians and political close friends of Jonathan? I don't see Osita becoming a minister,not even in his dreams.
I thought of Peter Obi too but the article writer pointed out that Peter Obi is not PDP. on the other hand, Osita is an inlaw to one of the biggest PDP Stalwarts.
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
bestestgirl:
I thought of Peter Obi too but the article writer pointed out that Peter Obi is not PDP. on the other hand, Osita is an inlaw to one of the biggest PDP Stalwarts.
if anyone is going to get a ministerial post from Anambra state,Peter Obi is the only favoured candidate I see due to his closeness to Jonathan. Osita does not come any close. But personally,for political reasons,I think Kwara will get the slot.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by oduastates: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
Picking fools to represent fools.
I wonder what any of these idiotz know about
Modern advancement in science and technology and how Nigeria can key into it.
They cannot address ordinary electricity which even the poorest of countries have in abundance or the refugee problem from Boko haram. How are going to address
1Desertification
2 The looming food crisis
3The looming Ebola crisis
And more

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 09, 2014
#GEJ must go.
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by LoveDecay(m): 5:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
berem: if anyone is going to get a ministerial post from Anambra state,Peter Obi is the only favoured candidate I see due to his closeness to Jonathan. Osita does not come any close. But personally,for political reasons,I think Kwara will get the slot.

Peter Obi is not on that list, neither is Anambra.

Jonathan has no reason to give peter Obi or Anambra anything. pDP owns Anambra. apga is a department in the pDP headquarters .

It should be easy to garner the support of the east with or without Obi but Kwara as you said would be make a better ally. But who, would it go to. Who is still powerful and influential in Kwara state and had a strong family name, not just some man with money - but inherited clout.

1 Like

Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
LoveDecay:

Peter Obi is not on that list, neither is Anambra.

Jonathan has no reason to give peter Obi or Anambra anything. pDP owns Anambra. apga is a department in the pDP headquarters .

It should be easy to garner the support of the east with or without Obi but Kwara as you said would be make a better ally. But who, would it go to. Who is still powerful and influential in Kwara state and had a strong family name, not just some man with money - but inherited clout.
you have said it all! what's the name of the man who decamped from apc to pdp in kwara recently? I think he's the anointed one.
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
berem: if anyone is going to get a ministerial post from Anambra state,Peter Obi is the only favoured candidate I see due to his closeness to Jonathan. Osita does not come any close. But personally,for political reasons,I think Kwara will get the slot.
Babe, the rumour don confirm o!!!! GEJ has nominated Osita and Olarewaju and submitted to the senate!!
I guess this settles the Peter Obi case cry cry
However, I'd rather Osita than Olarenwaju
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
bestestgirl:
Babe, the rumour don confirm o!!!! GEJ has nominated Osita and Olarewaju and submitted to the senate!!
I guess this settles the Peter Obi case cry
However, I'd rather Osita than Olarenwaju
you won girl! GEJ proved me wrong. cheesy cheesy
Re: Confusion As Jonathan Leaves 1 Ministerial Slot For 2 States by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
^^^ grin

(1) (Reply)

The Injustice Done To Buhari Is Not Redressed, So He Can't Attend NCS Meetings / Are These Cars Really Made In Nigeria? / Give Evidence Of Victories Over B’haram, BBOG Tells Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.