Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,207 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume (1257 Views)

How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries / Reuben Abati: My Phones No Longer Ring Nonstop / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by Alpet(m): 5:53am On Jul 10, 2014
SENATOR Aliyu Ndume, standing trial over his alleged involvement with the Boko Haram Islamic sect, on Wednesday, told a Federal High Court that his two mobile telephones confiscated and in possession of the court were being used to call his new phone numbers.
His lawyer, Mr Rickey Tarfa (SAN), told the trial judge, Justice Gabriel Kolawole of the strange development when the matter came up for trial before the court yesteday.
Kolawole, in his response, expressed shock and said: “I don’t know much about technology. How can a phone that is switched off be able to receive and make calls? I think you should go to MTN for clarification and also confer with the prosecution witness to know what to do.
“Really, it is strange to me that a phone line that is not active can be used to make calls,” the judge held.
Ndume, through his lawyer, showed the court the call log obtained from MTN communications.
He had, in a letter to MTN, said he had already complained to the service provider that he had been receiving strange calls from his previous number, which is in the custody of the Federal High Court, Abuja, where he is standing trial for allegedly sponsoring Boko Haram activities.
According to him, the first call to his new number, using the same old number, was 9:56am on 13th June 2014 which cut off after few seconds.
“Then I got the second call from my former number, which is supposed to be in the custody of the Court at 9.58 a.m. which also went off after few seconds.”
He said he was again called by the second number, at 10.07 a.m. and “when I asked who was speaking, the caller said he was George. He asked me whether I got his text message and I said no.” Ndume added that the line went off after he told the caller that he did not get any SMS.
Excerpt from the letter to the MTN dated 13th June, 2014 reads: “When I tried to call back, I got the voice message that, ‘the number you are trying to call is not available at the moment please try again later.’
“I immediately ?called MTN customer care centre using 180 and I was connected to one Juwairah Muktar, after lodging my complaint she asked me to hold on, so that she could talk to her team leader Sybil Uwake.
“She subsequently got back to me and advised that I should report? the case to the nearest police station.
“I accordingly reported the case at Apo Police Station where I was made to write a formal complaint.
“In view of this and the fact that I am currently standing trial at the Federal High Court in connection with the use of my phone and the seriousness of the case, I wish to request for the following information, my call data record for 13th June, 2014, identification of the caller and the location where the call originated and the IMEI number of the phone used.”
He attached a copy of the calls log given to him by the telecommunication company.
The calls? log, a copy of which was obtained by our correspondent showed that the strange calls emanated from Abuja.
Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/10235-my-phones-in-court-s-custody-called-my-new-number-ndume
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by Sirniyeh(m): 6:42am On Jul 10, 2014
This is serious matter
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by PointB: 8:08am On Jul 10, 2014
Someone apparently retrieved the line.
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by OmoLisabi(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2014
PointB: Someone apparently retrieved the line.
That is a big conspiracy.
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by dustydee: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2014
OmoLisabi: That is a big conspiracy.
And how did the person get his new number?
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:10am On Jul 10, 2014
Jack bauer should be able to resolve this...
Lemme phone him...

I'm sure it will b the same override device used in high-jacking the US drones to attack London in 24 season 9, na im dem use high-jack his dead phone.

Don't worry, if only u dey watch these nice foreign movies like 24 and continuum, u no go dey surprise.
Oya, jack wan ask cloe, that witch girl abi wetin be her name.
That girl fit do anything on her yeye laptop wey be like old compaq-HP anywhere grin grin

Chai, dem don deceive us finish
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by condralbede(m): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2014
dustydee:
And how did the person get his new number?
Don't mind them.Ndume knw everything abt dat.if not how can some1 else retrieve ur old line and still use it to call ur new one.abeg forget those ppl.

1 Like

Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 10, 2014
"Did you get the SMS sent to you" This sounds like someone trying to help him escape Justice for a fee.
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by Yujin(m): 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
I jus dey laugh. Later una go say aboki no get sense.
First time na Chibok wahala dem use dey turn una like kpuf-kpuf for inside hot oil. Today 50 escapes, tomoro na 8 escape. In the night boko don recapture 46. Dem just dey play kpakpangolo for una brain.
Chai!! O weh!
Now Ndume don give una another assignment make una dey solve. Me I just dey focus for 2015 when Buhari say dogs and baboons go swim for inside blood. Na dat one be my assignment.
Re: My Phones In Court’s Custody Called My New Number —ndume by Dracula27: 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
The phone line is in the custody of the court while the court is also being shown that he is receiving calls from the line.
The key evidence against him in the case is that he repeatedly called ..... who is boko haram kingpin from his line.
The line was not retrieved, everything is being done with the sole purpose of discrediting the prosecutions key evidence by proving that your phone line can be used to make calls without your knowledge or consent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Outbreak In Lagos!! / PDP Guber Candidate Jarrett Tenebe Caught In Crude Oil Theft:implicates Jonathan / ADAMAWA. Mr. Bala Ngilari Taking Oath Of Office As Governor. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.