Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako (1867 Views)

Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / Document Of Governors Backing Jang As NGF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by titoetal(m): 11:53am On Jul 10, 2014
THE embattled Adamawa State governor, Admiral Murtala Nyako (retd), has hinted that he expects President Goodluck Jonathan to support him in this critical time.

The governor said having supported Jonathan all the way, he expected the president to back him should he require his support, but noted that he had not asked for his intervention because the problem in the state had not reached crisis point.

When asked to confirm if he had been trying to reach out to President Jonathan for his intervention, the governor replied: “Not yet. It has not reached that crisis point.”

He added that “we have supported him all this time; he has supported us and in situations like these when Mr President’s support is required, we will seek it.”

Speaking to State House correspondents after attending the inauguration of the Safe School Initiative by the president, at the Presidential Villa, on Wednesday, the governor, however, called on the state lawmakers to abide by the decision of the court in whatever they had decided to do.

“Well, it is in the court and the court said it was not well done. We are hoping that they will follow the normal process in whatever they want to do,” Nyako said.

He was confident that he would survive his present ordeal and remain in office.

On whether he had considered resigning from office as had been reported in the media, he said not yet, but admitted that some former heads of state had met Jonathan to plead on his behalf and thanked the former leaders for their effort.

Tracing the cause of the crisis in Adamawa, he said “the state is a very interesting place. If I tell you, we have 87 ethnic groups and the two religions are fairly balanced. It means that being sensitive to each and everyone of us is very important.

“It is a place of intellectualism; everybody has his own point of view and you have a group of people who share a certain point of view. And until it changes, they will maintain that point of view. But we have been peaceful somehow and we will remain peaceful.”

Speaking on his rumoured plan to return to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Nyako said “quite frankly, you know how I joined the PDP and partisan politics in the first place. It is not really my field. My field is known. You know what I was before. We are straightforward; have two distinctions: loyalty and disloyalty; two separate pieces.

“But one of the interior politicians told me that there are a lot of things in between loyalty and disloyalty which, up till this moment, I have not appreciated.

“So, for me, with the disloyalty in Nigerian politics of today, you are likely to step on toes of a few,” adding that “I have crossed the rubicon.”

See more from the source. The write up kept me laughing. Anyway, all I want in this country is peaceful coexistence, harmony and equality for this great land and pride of black race.

Source: http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/10255-i-expect-jonathan-s-backing-nyako-as-impeachment-panel-resumes-sitting-njc-extends-acting-cj-s-tenure
Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by saintikechi(m): 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
Bloody racist that wants to see all ibos dead. Now that he is in trouble, he has rememberd jonathan. Why dont u turn to ur brothers boko haram for help, after all u are one of their sponsors. Bloody racist.

5 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by TellBlazer(m): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
I thought you insulted GEJ and called him names,now you want his backing?u see ur life?

7 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
The dude is going back to his vomit

It should serve as lesson to us ALL. Don't underestimate the powers' that calls the shot. Always respect the person above you.

6 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by GeeOh(f): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
sincerely speaking i expect him to back u,afterall he's being backing bigger -hief.

1 Like

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by ibietela2(m): 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
Is it not this guy that accused Mr. President of Genocide?

5 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Omexonomy: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2014
Fashole, tinubu, amaechi, buhari and their footsoldiers on nairaland gbawe, berem, senate01 and my sweet heart obiagelli. All of you should call this man to order for he is a disgrace to ur party APC

7 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by VICTORCIZA(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
GEJ DORO BOSS! YOUR ENEMIES ARE EATING THEIR WORDS!!!
CHILD OF GOD I MINISTER TO YOU THIS AFTERNOON, THOSE PEOPLE WHO ASKED WHO ARE YOU WILL COME BACK AND ASK YOU HOW ARE YOU SIR!!!

16 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
All doubts and reservations I've got for GEJ as to his encouraging corruption will automatically evaporate if he intervene in this matter....

He is a theif and glaring evidences shows so. No one should pervert the course of justice.
Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by PenSniper: 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
VICTORCIZA: GEJ DORO BOSS! YOUR ENEMIES ARE EATING THEIR WORDS!!!
CHILD OF GOD I MINISTER TO YOU THIS AFTERNOON, THOSE PEOPLE WHO ASKED WHO ARE YOU WILL COME BACK AND ASK YOU HOW ARE YOU SIR!!!

Amen oooooooo

6 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by PenSniper: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
This Nyako is a sick fellow who is shamelessly going back to his vomit. If GEJ helps him he shall loose my goodwill. May not mean much but its something.
Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Mogidi: 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
He has better chance of getting help from Boko haram than GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Tintinix: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
titoetal:

He added that “we have supported him all this time; he has supported us and in situations like these when Mr President’s support is required, we will seek it.”

grin
Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
Cheap blackmail. Nyako it won't work ok?
Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2014
on the contrary, it was GEJ that single-handedly ensured Nyako got a second tenure by lobbying Jibril Aminu, TY Danjuma, Atiku Abubakar & Bamanga Tukur despite the fact they didnt want him to get a second term

Nyako is a shameless man

2 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2014
Mogidi: He has better chance of getting help from Boko haram than GEJ.

It will be easier for a camel to pass through a needle's eye, than for GEJ to intervene to nyako's advantage

3 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by brownlord: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
VICTORCIZA: GEJ DORO BOSS! YOUR ENEMIES ARE EATING THEIR WORDS!!!

Amin pastor

2 Likes

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by NobleAky(m): 7:15am On Jul 11, 2014
To Nyako i say......

Re: I Expect Jonathan’s Backing —nyako by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 11, 2014
no pun intended but can someone pls lemme know whaddabloodyhellss d meaning of nyako....

(1) (Reply)

Nsukka Traditional Ruler Sets Enslaved Villagers Free / Bama Dead Bodies.com- This Is What I Found!!!! / I Feel Sad And Sorry For APC Fans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.