Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,093 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised (10377 Views)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” / One-sided Anti-corruption War: Presidency Dismisses Metuh's Allegation / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by chy101: 11:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
I bet you, if this e-war start you will not contain me! Nobody is comparing any state here. Odenigbo was posting based on the writer and that is his own opinion. Don't start what you cannot finish.

Yes Anambra is like Akwa-ibom (can you kill yourself now?) because Anambra has the best road network that traverses the entire state and not just the urban centers. I am sure you will die of heart attack when you go to Onitsha now!

Don't make me loose my cool on this thread or everybody will know that a naught entered here! Respect yourself!

passion007:
This guy's a clown! grin grin grin
Which Anambra is like AkwaIbom?
With substandard roads littered everywhere.
Not one city planned.
BTW, what became of the UN-Habitat plan for Onitsha?
Apparently, Obi had nothing to gain from planning Onitsha, so he sent that plan to an early grave.
Obi has run Anambra state aground.
Willie Obiano should redeem Anambra, seriously.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
passion007:

That sounds like the achievement list of my Local Govt chairman.
As an administrator, Obi was good for nothing.
As an opportunist businessman, he was constantly up to something.
He finished with the grand scam of fixing ANSG money in a deposit account... and you've done nothing but applaud him.

You see what I mean,you are inept and ignorant of the steps needed to be taken to elevate the living standards of a people. I forgive you because you are clueless.
Go to hospitals in Anambra.
Visit our schools.
Judges quarters.
Local government headquarters.
Drive around the state.
For a state to meet the MDGs there a lot of little tiny particles that need to be in place and to achieve these you need a shrewd administrator who is prudent and tenacious.
Do you know how many times international agencies,Private bodies,Okonjo Iweala,Emeka Anyaoku,Obi of Onitsha,Ezeife,Cardinal Arinze,Bill gates foundation has hailed of as one of the very best hands Nigeria can boast of.

I'm not saying Anambra people are superior to Enugu people but we definitely has been blessed with good leaders and now we got another magician in Obiano. Enugu need a visionary leader.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Abagworo: . Still on same biased criticism. If anyone decides to dig into the reality of the day, true pictures from Akwa-Ibom will even shock Akpabio himself. The reality on ground is that a lot has been left undone in all parts of Nigeria that if anyone decides to take on any State, a million pictures suggesting under-development will crop up. No State including Lagos and Abuja is free from this reality.
Well, that's mostly true.
But still, Akpabio's works are iconic, and top-notch as are Chime's works... But Obi's works? Cheap and tasteless, like his partner in Umuahia.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by chy101: 11:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
Odenigbo abeg could you please leave this thread for them. I just finished fighting ndi ofe now. This home war I don't fancy it anymore although my booth is still intact!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
chy101: I bet you, if this e-war start you will not contain me! Nobody is comparing any state here. Odenigbo was posting based on the writer and that is his own opinion. Don't start what you cannot finish.

Yes Anambra is like Akwa-ibom (can you kill yourself now?) because Anambra has the best road network that traverses the entire state and not just the urban centers. I am sure you will die of heart attack when you go to Onitsha now!

Don't make me loose my cool on this thread or everybody will know that a naught entered here! Respect yourself!

Go to Onitsha?
Apart from Onitsha-Enugu federal highway, which state infrastructure can Onitsha boast of since Obi became governor?
Nada!

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yoritshekiri:
After 8 years in power abi?
And you say you are not biased in your criticism

Well,when he came on there were no single water scheme that functioned but today a lot of towns in Anambra can boast of drinking water and when the seventeen new ones are completed water scarcity will be history. Governance is a continuous movement and Obiano will continue where he stopped. We will get there,insha allau.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Abagworo(m): 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
chy101: Odenigbo abeg could you please leave this thread for them. I just finished fighting ndi ofe now. This home war I don't fancy it anymore although my booth is still intact!
. Chino igbotola nma na agha internet? Ekele dikwara Orisha.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Well,when he came on there were no single water scheme that functioned but today a lot of towns in Anambra can boast of drinking water and when the seventeen new ones are completed water scarcity will be history. Governance is a continuous movement and Obiano will continue where he stopped. We will get there,insha allau.
Despite being on the banks of the Niger, Onitsha lacks potable water.
What an irony!

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2014
passion007:

Go to Onitsha?
Apart from Onitsha-Enugu federal highway, which state infrastructure can Onitsha boast of since Obi became governor?
Nada!

Obi did a lot of work in Omaba face 1 and 2. He started the remodeling of upper Iweka and Onitsha is just one of the many towns in Anambra that needs development, some towns doesn't have a single motorable road. Bros,Obi can't finish the building of Anambra and Obiano can't complete it. But we will definitely be comfortable by the time Obiano is done.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:54pm On Jul 10, 2014
passion007:
Despite being on the banks of the Niger, Onitsha lacks potable water.
What an irony!

Who told you Onitsha doesn't have running water? Do you live there? I have lots of relatives in Onitsha.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by chy101: 11:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
My friend I told you earlier that I don't want to loose my cool on this thread, I want to cut down on domestic e-war unless it is extremely necessary like the one you are pushing!

Where have you been to in Onitsha? Have you been to 3-3, Omagba, American Qtrs, Trans Nkisi, lemme not talk about GRA 1 & 2 etc..

I know you are from Nsukka and I know that there are a lot of your people resident in Onitsha who do petty jobmen probably when you visit them in there at the outskirts of the city(because of their low income level) where they live you assume you are in Onitsha.

Onitsha is to the SE what PH and Lagos are to SS and SW respectively! You need to know that fact and stop beefing!

passion007:

Go to Onitsha?
Nada!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 11:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Obi did a lot of work in Omaba face 1 and 2. He started the [b]remodeling of upper Iweka [/b]and Onitsha is just one of the many towns in Anambra that needs development, some towns doesn't have a single motorable road. Bros,Obi can't finish the building of Anambra and Obiano can't complete it. But we will definitely be comfortable by the time Obiano is done.
That's a FG route, don't claim victory for Obi.
Obi achieved nothing in Onitsha, save for a few roads, poorly done at that.
Chime built the much more extensive Akwata embankment, yet no one is shouting us hoarse.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by chy101: 12:01am On Jul 11, 2014
Odenigbo biko lets leave this thread...biko! Jili maka Chukwu!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 12:05am On Jul 11, 2014
chy101: My friend I told you earlier that I don't want to loose my cool on this thread, I want to cut down on domestic e-war unless it is extremely necessary like the one you are pushing!

Where have you been to in Onitsha? Have you been to 3-3, Omagba, American Qtrs, Trans Nkisi, lemme not talk about GRA 1 & 2 etc..

I know you are from Nsukka and I know that there are a lot of your people resident in Onitsha who do petty jobmen probably when you visit them in there at the outskirts of the city(because of their low income level) where they live you assume you are in Onitsha.

Onitsha should have been to the SE what PH and Lagos are to SS and SW respectively! You need to know that fact and stop beefing!
Chino, I'm not beefing.
Anambra has potential, and although you're working really hard at your job (ebe onye bi ka o na-awachi), some of us can't get used to the fact that Anambra has been knuckling under. This is the same state that produced the likes of Azikiwe, Ojukwu and innumerable technocrats. What went wrong? Ebee ka mmiri si banye n'opi ugbogoro?

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:08am On Jul 11, 2014
passion007:
Not one single traffic light.
Not one city planned.
Apparently, Obi had nothing to gain from planning Onitsha, so he sent that plan to an early grave.
It's sad to see a state with so much potential yet scraping the bottom of the pot.

I'm not saying Anambra is AkwIbom, I'm only alluding to how much people expect from us forgetting our government is one of the poorest in southern Nigeria. I'm just saying Anambra was nowhere yesterday and today but today we are creating buzz everywhere due to our wonderful leaders. Olisebuluwa gozie Omanbala!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:09am On Jul 11, 2014
chy101: Odenigbo biko lets leave this thread...biko! Jili maka Chukwu!

Nwanne,anugom....Jee ruo nwunye yi aka na awu...lol

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by TabletMan: 12:13am On Jul 11, 2014
Odenigbo...... Shove that peter obi inside your bottomless hole.
I am still with peter obi's onitsha inner streets road even the one that he built on jan that has already collasped.....

Peter obi will always win the award as the governor for substanard projects with his two colleague wey i no wan mention their name....gringringrin

as for the record... Odenigbo is not 9ja base. So he has neither been to enugu nor anambra in the last decade.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by filiks(m): 12:16am On Jul 11, 2014
Yoritshekiri:
The fool always puts on high resolution glasses when criticising other eastern governors but when it comes to Peter Obi, he shuts his eyes.
At the end of the day, with all the good governance in Anambra, when you see an Igbo man in one remote village in the north or suoth west doing petty trading, 9 out of 10 of them must be from Anambra, ask any body who did his NYSC in those places.
Why can't they stay in their state instead of migrating from village to village outside their lands?
Nonsense.

Its no longer news that Igbo people like to travel and sometimes settle in other regions all over the world. Its just part of us.
I remember vividly when I was trying to decide which secondary school to attend, I had a chat with my parents, they were both surprised at the schools I was mentioning; Kings college lagos, St. Patricks college calabar etc. I had never visited lagos at that time! Igbos love to travel!
I did go through St. Patricks college calabar. I left calabar after Jss 3. But as a man, I relocated to calabar and worked there for a while, got married there, had my first child there. I don't live there anymore but I love Calabar still!
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by chy101: 12:17am On Jul 11, 2014
You are probably talking about Anambra of 13years ago (pre- Ngige and Obi). Presently Anambra has some of the best road networks that traverses the entire corners of the state and not just the urban centers. Have you been to ordinary Ekwulobia in the recent past? Do you know that ordinary Ekwulobia is almost surppassing Nsukka in economic viability and population? Do you know that ordinary Ekwulobia of yesterday has all bank branches? Do you know what made it possible? It is the road network that is not limited to the urban centers only! And the same wind of infrastructural development is sweeping across the state and like as I said it is not limited to the urban centers.

I am not in any way saying that Chime did not do his best, he tried very well, but Enugu state needs a governor who can open up the entire state for development and not just the urban center! Government is continuum, hope the next governor takes up other parts of the state.

Lemme tell you I am getting ashamed each time Igbo states are fighting each other. I don't know if it is acquisition of more maturity but I am getting tired of it by each passing day unless of course it is extremely necessary like I pointed out earlier!

Like I stated earlier Onitsha is to SE what PH and Lagos is to SS and SW respectively!

passion007:
Chino, I'm not beefing.
Anambra has potential, and although you're working really hard at your job (ebe onye bi ka o na-awachi), some of us can't get used to the fact that Anambra has been knuckling under. This is the same state that produced the likes of Azikiwe, Ojukwu and innumerable technocrats. What went wrong? Ebee ka mmiri si banye n'opi ugbogoro?
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by naijaking1: 1:09am On Jul 11, 2014
Neaman: Ebeano Boys has come again....pls leave our performing Governor for us....we like him like that.
You wasted your own eight years pursueing FATHER MBAKA with thugs..i beg again leave our silient performer for us.MBOK..BIKO..KPELE..DOO.

Where is the "performing?"
The governor is a waste of time for Enugu people, worse for those in his immediate political circle!

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by ojimbo(m): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2014
mekaboy: only a fool and a wicked self centered individual will believe this crap.

do u remember when there was no single working street or trafic lights in Enugu?

do you remember when people could not come out of their houses once it was 7pm? bcose they are scared or being robbed or kidnapped.

when taxi drivers close work by 6pm, because they could be robbed by political thugs carrying guns?

when armed robbers will rob a whole street and no police will be around?

when peoples car were stolen and u have to go and pay ransom to political thugs and they tell u where to find ur car?

when u found body of young girls dead in the river with their body parts cut off?

when the main roads use to be refuse dumps?

when all the roads In the state were not motorable. do u remember what bisalla road use to be?

today there are street and traffic lights. police have brand new patrol cars on every street.

taxi cars everywhere and they now work 24hrs. good roads in town.

Nite life is back. Enugu residents have seen the light, you agents of darkness can go to hell.

jobless touts looking for who to give them guns and pay them to shed blood.

you drive on good roads, sitout in joints, get transport anytime of the day and u come online to post rubish.

Ungreatful things, what of the other govs that did nothing at all? did u have the courage to post rubish about them?
Am not from enugu, am an anambrariang, i had my school time in enugu. You have said it all, chime made enugu what it is today than the past criminal that govern enugu state. In terms of sanitation and cleaniness. anambra is the worst of all, a state where the amount of sand and waste bin packed on the main road can be enought to fill up river niger. ANAMBRA GO FOR SANITATION PLEASE

4 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 11, 2014
Yoritshekiri:
All those things in remote villages?
Why would any person leave his village and migrate not to a city, not to do anything tangible, but to do petty trading in a remote village? Those are the ones I am interested in and they are 90% Anambrarians.
U are not interested in the big wigs but the small ones?
Self deception
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2014
passion007:
Not one single traffic light.
Not one city planned.
It's sad to see a state with so much potential yet scraping the bottom of the pot.

there are some traffic lights in onitsha
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by AustineE1: 8:23am On Jul 11, 2014
I wonder what the fuss is all about!my state is better than yours,abi...Enugu was the capital of Anambra state and most development there were put in place by both Anambrarians and Enugu people,Anambra is relatively a new state however, I for once respects Chime for his Urban renewal program and achievement and wld ve done better if he had extended more to the rural Areas!just may be the next governor will take over from there but Anambra state is in a class of its own,when you talk about rural development,Anambra is not a one town or one city state,i guess is one part of Nigeria where some unknown towns can even contest for aesthetics,structures and serene organization with some capital cities in Nigeria!one can at the tip of his fingers mention about fifteen towns in Anambra that many Nigerians may find it had to believe that these areas where meant to be rural areas and yes Ngige and Obi contributed in these developments by way of accessable roads,but though developments in Anambra are also private driven.
Obi also made it possible in Agriculture,Education,Health,Commerce and Investment etc....but am also very proud of great strides in other Eastern states,it makes me more proud and complete!
God bless ndigbo!

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 8:26am On Jul 11, 2014
eaglechild:
Water is supposedly a basic amenity, however, that statement you made shows you know nothing about Enugu.

Enugu has a very peculiar topography which makes it perhaps the most expensive city in Nigeria to access potable water.
Not only are most parts of the city significantly elevated, making boreholes almost impossible, you have to factor in the coal which makes the ground water often unsafe.

Tap water actually comes from Oji which is several kilometers away from the city and this is at a tremendous cost.

This is unlike for eg PH, Owerri, Aba, etc where even though the govt has done nothing about water provision, the populace careless because private boreholes are very cheap to dig.

That is the matter- excuses and excuses for not addressing the core matter in Enugu.

I live in independence layout and I buy water!

Since you know Enugu more than everyone else (collect ya honour badge), you will know that Iyioku river was to be havested to create a supply point thru Nike into Enugu. How far with that project?

Once it seems tough, Chime and his bunch run.

So if you come to position of influence in Enugu, become Gov or head of water ministry, you pref to spew above rubbish instead of finding solution.

Enugu has tough terrain, yes. Deal with it! That's why you were elected.

No depth in Chime's efforts I insist.

Btw: all shd notice how defenders of Chime always try to create a diversion. Why bring in Anambra? We are talking about Enugu State where if you do 3km off the city centre ur confronted with horror of poverty and decay.
Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by otil1: 8:44am On Jul 11, 2014
I also give u this from Enugu USA commentators sent to me by a friend:

" Yes, all is not welll. The earlier the Governor kicks some butts, the sooner others wake up. Things are not going as they should. It pays often to listen to some "opposition" that is constructive.

AGAIN, many of the Governor's men have let him down. Bribery is rampant, and his stock is taking a dive while they watch their backs. Trust is at near zero. It is not looking good in the media war either. Ukpaka reporters appear to be sticking it to him. He can counter and stop defending... "

Home and abroad, only few are impressed.

I'm not of chimaroke stock, but the past regime was clearly more strategic in deployment of state's scarce funds, having a new prei-urban university town from virgin forest land, brand new roads, relocated judiciary, etc.

Development and progress is abt something new and positive. Dear brothers and sisters, the shining of Enugu city centre will wear in a few years.

It has started already cos d pictures in d main article are of roads earlier coated by current administration. They are failing and giving way even b4 the exit of the administration.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2014
Evergreen123:
I don't know the part of Enugu u live.
Where I live, every compound has a functional tap.
Its like this around Uwani, Ogui new layout and environs, unless these places are not Enugu.
Roads in Enugu were totally reconstructed, not any coating and painting.
This is what I mean when I said the article is laced with lies.
About sanitation, Enugu is clean, take it or leave it.
It hasn't been cleaner.

u are right the first thing i noticed when i got to Enugu was that it was noticeably cleaner.
and there are waste bins provided every where i turn
kudos to eswama

I also noticed people don't use barrows to look for water anymore. i even saw water coming out of a burst pipe. Everyone knows its difficult to get water in Enugu but Chime tried in this regard.
the car wash i use operates with a metered water pipe

Enugu isn't paradise but i have never seen better under Chime so haters should do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2014
otil1:

That is the matter- excuses and excuses for not addressing the core matter in Enugu.

Since you know Enugu more than everyone else (collect ya honour badge), you will know that Iyioku river was to be havested to create a supply point thru Nike into Enugu. How far with that project?

So if you come to position of influence in Enugu, become Gov or head of water ministry, you pref to spew above rubbish instead of finding solution.

Btw: all shd notice how defenders of Chime always try to create a diversion. Why bring in Anambra? We are talking about Enugu State where if you do 3km off the city centre ur confronted with horror of poverty and decay.

Oga stop being hateful. the man improved water supply simple.

most Nigerians buy water. if u dig a borehole u have bought water. u didn't dig one in ur place because its difficult to do so due to the topology

i can comfortably say that 80% of Nigerians buy water.

As for poverty u need to travel round nigeria and compare.

just compare Enugu State allocation and u will see that it has little to work with

Chime has tried and if that eats u up then transformer is ur solution.

1 Like

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2014
before some of us finish a sentence, they will attack us, truth will always find its way out. This is supposed to be the best pdp governor after akpabio. Concentrate on repainting roads

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by passion007: 9:57am On Jul 11, 2014
otil1:

Nobody is diverting the thread; the Anambra detour was to keep Chino and his other monikers from criticizing seeing as he's not open to criticism himself.

Your grouse is that you have to buy water---that's stressful.
In New Haven, just adjacent to Independence Layout, water flows from our taps, and I mean water from Water Corporation. In fact, PAYG Meters and taps have all been installed, and presently awaiting commissioning.
My village also has potable water, and electricity.

But you mention that 3km away from Enugu, one is confronted with poverty and decay... Hmmm. That's the sound of propaganda.
3km is a precise and small distance, so I assume you were speaking metaphorically. But what do you mean precisely?
I agree Sullivan has underperformed in Education and Healthcare. But that's not enough to fail him. Keep in mind that in 2014, Enugu State will be getting the least allocation of all states in the SE--yes, even lower than Ebonyi!

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2014
Obiagelli: before some of us finish a sentence, they will attack us, truth will always find its way out. This is supposed to be the best pdp governor after akpabio. Concentrate on repainting roads
you talk true!

2 Likes

Re: Chime: Elitist One-sided City Beautification Criticised by Unemadu: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2014
chy101: My friend I told you earlier that I don't want to loose my cool on this thread, I want to cut down on domestic e-war unless it is extremely necessary like the one you are pushing!

Onitsha is to the SE what PH and Lagos are to SS and SW respectively! You need to know that fact and stop beefing!

See them!!!! Anambra supremacist. ok Onitsha is heaven and Nsukka is poverty stricken are you satisfied now?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Live Update: Nnamdi Kanu Goes To Ecowas Court Today / 2019: Don’t Involve Us In Your Propaganda, Enugu Workers, Traders Tell Ayogu Eze / Kaduna Guber: Ashiru, PDP Move To Dethrone El-rufai, Seek Recount Of Ballot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.