Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (118980 Views)

Offshore, Oil And Gas Industry - Disaster. / Osun Worker Attempts Suicide Over Unpaid Salary / Do You Want Be To An Offshore Oil Rig Worker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by superfavour(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2014
macjireh:

I seriously need an Offshore job badly cuz Offshore is like Heaven to me. I cant stop thinking bout it . Pls PM me 4 possible opening cuz i need HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by superfavour(m): 7:06am On Oct 18, 2014
macjireh:

I seriously need an Offshore job badly cuz Offshore is like Heaven to me. I cant stop thinking bout it . Pls PM me 4 possible opening cuz i need HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP

Hmmm,I see.,(desperate job seeker) undecided
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by macjireh: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2014
superfavour:

Hmmm,I see.,(desperate job seeker) undecided

Mr Superfavour, U'r so funny ooo, U'r just making me laff, seriously! ,So u even had to search hard on my profile to know me, Am just laffing
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by superfavour(m): 10:08am On Oct 18, 2014
macjireh:

Mr Superfavour, U'r so funny ooo, U'r just making me laff, seriously! ,So u even had to search hard on my profile to know me, Am just laffing

No offense! But you got nothing to offer! Why don't you stop laughing and get a job. Recommend you remove yourself here and be on job/vacancies.. cheesy..here is not a HELP centre
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by crudedude(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2014
mosbiod:
Hello everyone, I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering graduated with a 2.1(4.37) going for nysc this November. please i need information about doing a Drilling Course, i learned it's quite expensive but i need enlightenment from professionals to know the right one to do and best training centres available in the country. Thanks all in anticipation for a response please

why do you want to do a drilling course?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by macjireh: 10:32am On Oct 18, 2014
superfavour:

No offense! But you got nothing to offer! Why don't you stop laughing and get a job. Recommend you remove yourself here and be on job/vacancies.. cheesy..here is not a HELP centre

so what makes u think i don't have a job now

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 8:36am On Oct 20, 2014
harveyspecter:
Pls how can one get in as an instrument engineer??

Firstly, you need to get the basics....several companies are no longer interested in training pple except those still in collaboration with NNPC such as MPN. Instrumentation is a very weird career, thats the first thing you must knw, try get in to a basic training first then you can get yourself a job in a manufacturing/process company then prolly progress into O&G.

Feel free to ask more question...or discuss @beryour
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2014
leki2:
Request for Instrumentation Materials

Instrumentation is the branch of Engineering which deals with the measurement, monitoring, display etc. of the various energy exchanges which take place during process operations. Simply put it, Instrumentation is the Study of Instrument.

An instrument is a device which is used to measure, monitor, control...process variable. And these process Variable are

1. Flow
2. Temperature
3. Level
4. Pressure
5. pH
6. CO2 etc

If you're aspiring to be an Instrument Engineer, you'd need good and quality training. There are many Quality training Institute across Nigeria. And their prices differs...typically, the price for training would be in the range of N60,000 - N450,000. Many times, the higher the fee, the better the total package.

Instrumentation knowledge and Skill is very marketable. You can easily slide into other great career paths like Automation, PLC programming etc. And it is very much a field work.

Now, when I speak with some students or recently job seeking graduates, their usual complain is that these trainings are too expensive. I always tell them that it is because the prospect is good and besides, anything of value isn't always cheap. An Engineer who just recently graduated with need quality skills to be of value to any organization and at the basic level of graduating, many Engineers lack quality skills.

You can choose to Tutor yourself or find a quality training institute that you can learn new skills to make you marketable. Companies will not employ you because you're a graduate; but they will employ you because you can help them solve their problems.

If you cannot afford at this time to attend a training institute on Instrumentation, you can contact me for Quality training Materials on

1. Instrumentation
2. Calibration
3. Automation
4. Programming of PLC. Etc

These materials are from some of the best training schools, both local and abroad.

I would send to you the total Package via Courier. If you are a diligent person with a sense of purpose towards developing skills that are well sought after in the Energy, Oil and Gas, as well as the Manufacturing Sector, you'd become an Asset in no time.

The books and Videos I am going to send you will be a great source of knowledge and skill development if you are resourceful and willing to read and read and read and practice.

Not to make this post too long, you can contact me via

Newfrontiers09@gmail.com

or

0703 221 4269 for further questions.

In as much as you've done well in stating the tiny basics of Instrumentation...you should also do well to explain to peeps that being an Instrumentation Pro is not just about Training materials and certificates....hands-on is paramount.
Thanks
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 8:45am On Oct 20, 2014
arkdiggs:
Hello Fellow NL,
I am a graduate of Geology with 2 years experience is Geotechnics/Engineering Geology, looking for opportunities offshore/onshore.

Well, coming offshore is not that easy as several companies will not be willing to pay for your survival training cert which is a compulsory requirement for coming offshore (BOSIET) also its difficult to hire a non-experienced personnel for offshore duties...my advice is to try and get an onshore job first and build from there...cheers
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 8:50am On Oct 20, 2014
superfavour:
Please I need advice, I just got an offer to work offshore,was told to do offshore medical test. Where can I do the test? Like what the price and what are the requirements? Thanks

You need to ask questions properly, did they invite you to come and take the test? (as real companies will do) or they want you to go get the test result elsewhere...anyway ask them for the acceptable medical houses as they might reject some clinics...the test is just about sight, sound, weight+height, x-rays, stool and urine test..etc....its basically to confirm your fitness to work offshores. The price depends on the clinic.

1 Like

Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by superfavour(m): 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
[quote author=beryour post=27292333]
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by superfavour(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
beryour:

You need to ask questions properly, did they invite you to come and take the test? (as real companies will do) or they want you to go get the test result elsewhere...anyway ask them for the acceptable medical houses as they might reject some clinics...the test is just about sight, sound, weight+height, x-rays, stool and urine test..etc....its basically to confirm your fitness to work offshores. The price depends on the clinic.

Thanks beryour, I have just done the " fitness test"
and the yellow card also
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by epaulo: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
superfavour:

Thanks beryour, I have just done the " fitness test"
and the yellow card also
please whats yellow card?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 6:58am On Oct 21, 2014
epaulo:
please whats yellow card?

Yellow card as regards what?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
If you were asked to choose between these two elective courses, Finite element analysis and reliability engineering which would you choose?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by SolutionsGuy: 9:36am On Oct 27, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
If you were asked to choose between these two elective courses, Finite element analysis and reliability engineering which would you choose?
Apparently you are doing subsea engineering. I'll advise you pick reliability engineering because it's applicable in all engineering areas, in fact any good system needs reliability. However, it depends on what you'll eventually do in life. going much into structures and stability calculations, you MAY need FEA.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
please i am currently doing food engineering is there a way i can divert
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
SolutionsGuy:

Apparently you are doing subsea engineering. I'll advise you pick reliability engineering because it's applicable in all engineering areas, in fact any good system needs reliability. However, it depends on what you'll eventually do in life. going much into structures and stability calculations, you MAY need FEA.

Thanks bro
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by superfavour(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
beryour:

Firstly, you need to get the basics....several companies are no longer interested in training pple except those still in collaboration with NNPC such as MPN. Instrumentation is a very weird career, thats the first thing you must knw, try get in to a basic training first then you can get yourself a job in a manufacturing/process company then prolly progress into O&G.

Feel free to ask more question...or discuss @beryour

Like bosiet..
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Joy83(m): 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
pwreshbawz:
please i am currently doing food engineering is there a way i can divert
Food Engineering is good course, though I am hearing for the first time. I know of food technology.
It is better you develop your passion towards the fortune food engineering can provide for you than eyeing oil jobs which already have enough population at the door begging to enter.

Better days ahead!!!
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Joy83:

Food Engineering is good course, though I am hearing for the first time. I know of food technology.
It is better you develop your passion towards the fortune food engineering can provide for you than eyeing oil jobs which already have enough population at the door begging to enter.

Better days ahead!!!
se u no knw sey oil moni sweet. my dad has work with some onshore companies like lee . i can remember otorogu gas plant. then swamps like odidi he has also gone to oben. he wanted me to do mech
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Joy83(m): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
pwreshbawz:
se u no knw sey oil moni sweet. my dad has work with some onshore companies like lee . i can remember otorogu gas plant. then swamps like odidi he has also gone to oben. he wanted me to do mech
Okay ooooo. But as a female, you can still use your food engineering career to be preparing food for those really doing the oil and gas work and at the same time engineering the food in your hubby home. lol.
So just look for a way in which your course can fit into offshore job.

Good luck!!!
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
superfavour:

Like bosiet..
What would you like to know about bosiet?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by beryour(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
pwreshbawz:

Its quite sad that the after politics, O&G sector follow suite in corruption...No need to divert from your food engineering, you could still get on as far as its part of engineering. Also you can take up other Engineering subs as your masters. I have colleagues who did computer science but works with me as an Instrument Engineer and also some who did other courses very different from engineering....buh that, It is what it is.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
beryour:

Its quite sad that the after politics, O&G sector follow suite in corruption...No need to divert from your food engineering, you could still get on as far as its part of engineering. Also you can take up other Engineering subs as your masters. I have colleagues who did computer science but works with me as an Instrument Engineer and also some who did other courses very different from engineering....buh that, It is what it is.
thnk u
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
Joy83:

Okay ooooo. But as a female, you can still use your food engineering career to be preparing food for those really doing the oil and gas work and at the same time engineering the food in your hubby home. lol.

Good luck!!!
lol thk u
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
Joy83:

Good luck!!!
lol thnks
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by superfavour(m): 4:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
beryour:

What would you like to know about bosiet?

Yes,,you can enlighten us more on its significant sir, especially the tropical bosiet without the use of ebs.
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by nomabeeee(f): 6:44am On Oct 29, 2014
RedBenson:

This is a typical Nigerian lady. Looking for a man who will go out there and work his azz up and bring the money back home for enjoyment.
lol that was harsh
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 29, 2014
nomabeeee:
lol that was harsh

Yes harsh but truthful. Or isn't it?
Re: Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
mosbiod:
Hello everyone, I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering graduated with a 2.1(4.37) going for nysc this November. please i need information about doing a Drilling Course, i learned it's quite expensive but i need enlightenment from professionals to know the right one to do and best training centres available in the country. Thanks all in anticipation for a response please

You don't need any of these drilling courses being bandied around. You've got a degree in mechanical engineering, I think that's enough to get you a job. Most of the drilling courses being advertised are actually roughneck/deckhand courses. I almost went for it after uni. I've had people travel to Maritime Drilling School in Canada for this same course and it got them zilch. You should apply to get that first job then you can go for any of the IADC accredited courses. Google is your friend, you can start by doing a lil research. Goodluck in your search, bro.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex During Zoom Meeting: Pics & Video / Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.