Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

God's Omniscience. God's Problem. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Omniscience. God's Problem. (2885 Views)

Omniscience And Freewill / Omniscience And Freewill / Omnicient/omniscience/omnipotent/omnipresent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by qstar(m): 11:29am On Jul 12, 2014
submit:
But in all this,poor as my Daddy is compared to the supposed owner of this world,he doesnt make me pass through all these. Is my Daddy who is thought to be imperfect, an omnipotent being?

That is why i only pray to mom. She's the final resort.

1 Like

Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by submit: 11:38am On Jul 12, 2014
qstar:

That is why i only pray to mom. She's the final resort.
LOL
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by freethinker01: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
malvisguy212: and if you keep on asking, you will never get what you are lookin for, you know why? Because he know your intention, he know how you will turn back against Him IF HE DID NOT ANSWER YOUR PRAYER. AND JESUS SAID UNTO THEM, WOE TO THE WORLD BECAUSE OF OFFENCE , OFFENCE WILL COME BUT WOE TO THAT MAN WHO THE OFFENCE COME FROM. Oh my oh my, you better pray you are not the man.
what's this one saying? Gibberish i guess. Park well jhor.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by Weah96: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
freethinker01: what's this one saying? Gibberish i guess. Park well jhor.

In a nutshell, he wants you to do the same thing over and over, but expect a different result each time. Oh, and Jesus will roast your corpse if you don't.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by freethinker01: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
Reiyvinn:

Good point there!!!

Why would I need to "ask" when God already has a plan "to give" or "not to give"? Does God have a plan B, (i.e. "If he asks I'll give him, if he doesn't I won't"?).

They just don't add up, one bit!
I've never seen a more contradictory book in my entire life, a person that knows all our predicament yet, u still have to remind him severally. Then, i think he's nothing close to being omnipotent. He's just an illusion some people create and our people gullibly follow without any questioning. Now imagine, if some of those things they pray for eventually come their way, then their prayers have been answered, and if it goes the other way round, they believe it's his will. Proly it might cause their death or make 'em pull away from him. Xtains and excuses. Smdh.

1 Like

Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by freethinker01: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by freethinker01: 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Weah96:

In a nutshell, he wants you to do the same thing over and over, but expect a different result each time. Oh, and Jesus will roast your corpse if you don't.
lol, well i guess that's d worst he could do to me if i don't believe him. Then bring it on.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by malvisguy212: 2:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
freethinker01: what's this one saying? Gibberish i guess. Park well jhor.
let it be seal in your conscience.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by malvisguy212: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2014
Weah96:

It appears that this singular event concerning the former HIV patient is the adhesive holding your already shoddy beliefs in place. I can understand that, but for your sake, you'd better hope it's true. Did you see the test results before and after? Remember that the n)aked eye cannot detect the presence of the virus in the patient.
the good things is that I do not ask you to believe me. I know what happen the night. There are soooo many miracle i'v experience, LET IT BE SEAL IN YOUR HEART.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by malvisguy212: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
qstar:

You claim things that you cannot prove happened. That's not even the case, you added an extra adjective: "foolish".

Well, the question still remains, "why would you pray to a God that already knows everything"?
I pray to God and He answer me, so your question mean nothin, IF GOD WANTED US TO STOP PRAYING, HE WOULD HAVE TOLD US IN THE BIBLE.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by freethinker01: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
malvisguy212: let it be seal in your conscience.
instead of you to face your book squarely and learn how to write correct English or better still to pray god to help you better it u're busy defending ur god n quoting me unnecessarily. Until u've done that, back off and don't quote me again.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by malvisguy212: 2:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
freethinker01: instead of you to face your book squarely and learn how to write correct English or better still to pray god to help you better it u're busy defending ur god n quoting me unnecessarily. Until u've done that, back off and don't quote me again.
Proverbs 1:24-31King James Version (KJV) 24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man
regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a
whirlwind; when distress and anguish
cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but
they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their
own devices.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by Weah96: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2014
malvisguy212: the good things is that I do not ask you to believe me. I know what happen the night.

You are in fact asking me to believe. Isn't that the whole point of your faith? Why would you then tell me not to? Do you think that I'm being unfair by asking you questions about the miracle that you witnessed?
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by Weah96: 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
mployer:
It doesn't. God has a will for you but gives you the freedom to chose or leave it.

Which part of the word "WILL" don't you understand? Do you mean to use "ULTIMATUM" instead? The resolutions of a will are meant to be binding until such time as another will is drafted. What you're describing is an ultimatum, because a failure to comply carries with it the most gruesome and horrendous torture ever imagined. There is no freedom to choose or leave your cult. If what you say about hell is true, then where is the freedom?

1 Like

Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by malvisguy212: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Weah96:

You are in fact asking me to believe. Isn't that the whole point of your faith? Why would you then tell me not to? Do you think that I'm being unfair by asking you questions about the miracle that you witnessed?
in the first place, did I even quote you? I quote the op, and you bump into somtin that do not concern you.

Thank you for your time......peace.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by Weah96: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
malvisguy212: in the first place, did I even quote you? I quote the op, and you bump into somtin that do not concern you.

Thank you for your time......peace.

So much hostility in your tone. Shouldn't you be a long sufferer?
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by malvisguy212: 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
Weah96:

So much hostility in your tone. Shouldn't you be a long sufferer?
if it's God willing I suffer because of my faith in christ, am ready to follow God. I got nothin to loose at the end, i'v seen a dear friend of mine was kidnap by some muslims during religious crisis, he was ask to deny christ, but he say , am ready to die than to abandon my faith, he was slaughter, what i'v seen with my eyes, non of you guys have seen it and don't pray to experience it, have you ever been in a war? You don't know what will happen to you in the next minute, maby someone will come behind you and kill you, until you been in this situation that when you will know what it take a man to have faith in God.
thank you for your time.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by Weah96: 12:26am On Jul 13, 2014
malvisguy212: if it's God willing I suffer because of my faith in christ, am ready to follow God. I got nothin to loose at the end, i'v seen a dear friend of mine was kidnap by some muslims during religious crisis, he was ask to deny christ, but he say , am ready to die than to abandon my faith, he was slaughter, what i'v seen with my eyes, non of you guys have seen it and don't pray to experience it, have you ever been in a war? You don't know what will happen to you in the next minute, maby someone will come behind you and kill you, until you been in this situation that when you will know what it take a man to have faith in God.
thank you for your time.

"Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed."

Terence McKenna

I can almost smell the fear emanating out of your words. Death is gonna happen brother, whether you fear it or not. It's better not to fear it as you do.
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by uzoexcel(m): 10:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
have you read Ted dekkers 'Blink of an eye?' interesting novel..u can google it up
Reiyvinn: For centuries Theists have struggled to reconcile the attributes (Omniscience, Omnipotence, e.t.c) which are commonly ascribed to God, whom they regard as the Almighty Creator of the Universe. However, noting the conflicts between each attributes and the problems they pose, Theists are left between the dilemmas of either reducing one attribute for the other or accepting the contradictions of both unquestionably as one of the features of The Vague God.

Without making mention of the injury these attributes give to the existence of God (which is being discussed HERE in summarized details), there is a major part of every religion that does no justice to God's Omniscience and, though being ignored or overlooked, deals a big blow to right-thinking minds that possess the power of reason:

WHY DO WE PRAY?

According to religious Books (at least, the ones I know), it is an agreed belief that the Omniscient God has a Purpose and Plan for every life on earth, and from the Bible, "God does not lie and cannot change his mind." (Numbers 23:13).

The question is "Why Do We Pray?"

God has a plan and purpose for you, right?

God cannot change his mind, right?

What then do we expect from God when we pray?

Do you pray to an All-Knowing God to "REMIND" him of your needs? (But Christ said he "knows your need before you ask" Matthew 6:6-7)

Is it just an act of devotion? (Cool. But Oops, devotion or no devotion, how does that affect his Plan and Purpose for you?)

If your death is meant to be today and then you pray to God to avert every possible death for you that day, what are you telling God to do? To "change his mind"?

Look, what I'm saying in essense is this:

If God is Omniscient as you believe, every prayer to Him regarding your needs undermines his nature and are futile since he already has an ungoing plan that even your prayers can't change. (I'm not talking about praise, thanksgiving and blah blah blah, I'm talking about prayer for favour from God.)

I may be wrong quite alright but I want y'all to let your brains work on this a little bit before coming to bash me.

Thanks
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by uzoexcel(m): 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
are u saying the people who died from the nyanya bombing were all sinners and deserved to die? whose will was it? despite the prayers some of them prayed that morning, why did they still die?
u reason like one of my staunch christian friend who when we was discussing the nyanya bombing and i mentioned the fact that it could v happened to anyone exclaimed to me saying, 'God forbid, it is not my portion'. I wouldav slapped him then and there...so the people who died, was it their portion?
mployer:

Can You have such plans for your Child? He said 'I know the plans I have for You, plans to do You good and bring You to an expected end'

Evil Is Never part of Gods plan for anyone, its not in His character

mployer:
I don't know where You got that from, It is not Biblical. God is not responsible for all happenings on earth.

Ask yourself, could He also be responsible for the temptations of Jesus christ?

2 Likes

Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by uzoexcel(m): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each#1824358.10
Sombrerogalaxy: god is simply man's creation! We have successfully created ~ 100, 000 of them with various levels of popularity, properties and perpetuity. Depending on the culture you belong to, you are likely to be emotionally attached a different deity. But one thing that is common everywhere is that the concept of god is simply illogical. Different gods in different cultures and at different times have handed different rules to different people!

For example, the jewish god at one time actively encouraged genocide even though one of his main commandments is "thou shalt not kill". He claims he never changes, yet a simple casual evaluation of his properties over time reveals a flip-flopping, ambiguous character who easily adapts with the prevailing norm at anytime. At one time, it is a duty to kill anyone who prays to anyone of the other gods, at some other time, later in his evolution, it is mandatory to love your enemies and even pray for them! Yet he claims, he is eternal, constant, never changing!!!!
On a moral level, you wouldn't want to be associated with anyone(anything) who(that) advocates hate crimes, but yet, multitude still worship this deity and they take pride in it. If we are not proud of despots who practised hate crimes, why is the modern man happy about the concept of a god who has done such in the past and still promises to do it again in the future, this time eternally??

He encourages us to be like the good samaritan but clearly fails his own commandments several times, and he promises, at a later time he will still flout this principle, eternally. He claims those who do not believe in him will be tortured forever in the most gruesome way imaginable. His capacity to inflict pain is infinite and yet he claims he is love! What a moral, ethical and logical contradiction, even when he claims he is the almighty. Of what use is his almightiness, if his capacity to inflict pain far outweighs his capacity to love??
I don't know why people pray to him

1 Like

Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Bump
Re: God's Omniscience. God's Problem. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
mmsen:

Prayer is predicated upon the assumption that there is an unproven element somewhere out there in the stratosphere listening to the banal thoughts and fears of billions. Your request that I put aside doctrine is/was dishonest.

Talking to oneself is simply talking to oneself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Now See Why Many Protestants Accuse Catholics Of Idolatry / End-time Bible Teaching: Preparing For Rapture, Part 6, (fasting) / Religion In Africa And The Harmful Effects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.