Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? (983 Views)

Jonathan Visits Shehu of Borno During PDP Campaign Rally in Maiduguri (Photos) / Will 'President' Buhari Rear Cows In Aso Rock Gardens? / What Will President Jonathan Tell Lagosians If He Campaigns In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by pheesayor(m): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
#BringBackOurGirls: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign?

I don’t know if Mr. President will be contesting in next year’s presidential election but there are indications that he will. I have seen some adverts showcasing his achievements so far. One advert even compares the president with Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Lee Kuan Yew, Barack Obama and probably others. That particular advert is indeed an audacious one but I don’t think it has achieved its purpose because I have observed that whenever the advert is aired on TV, those I am with almost always are not amused. So it may be safe to conclude that the adverts are part of the moves being made to secure re-election for the president. I don’t know if the president, his advisers, his party and political associates have ever thought that the current Boko Haram crisis may be a moral and political burden for both the president and the PDP.

It’s over 80 days now that the innocent school girls were abducted form Chibok and the government has failed to liberate them. It is reported that seven among the parents of the girls have died. All the government has been able to do since the event has been to assure Nigerians that the girls will be rescued. The Chibok abduction has gained worldwide attention, and all over the world, the kidnapping has been condemned with passionate rescue the girls. There is even a dedicated Wikipedia page for the kidnapping:

While some Nigerians have taken it upon themselves to pressurize the government on a daily basis to secure the girls’ freedom, the government has not demonstrated to Nigerians its seriousness to bring back the girls. In fact, the (in)actions of the government has brought opprobrium to our nation, going by the comments of foreigners who seem to be more concerned about the safety of these girls than our government and sadly, some Nigerians. These are some of the critical comments that have been made concerning the abduction issue:

Boko Haram’s strength “appears to be increasing. The government’s ability to provide security to its citizens appears to be decreasing.” – Former United States Ambassador to Nigeria, John Campbell

“If (the U.S.) knew where the kidnapped girls were, I certainly would send in U.S. troops to rescue them, in a New York minute I would, without permission of the host country. I wouldn’t be waiting for some kind of permission from some guy named Goodluck Jonathan.” – Senator John McCain

“We have never called the United Nations to guard our security. Me, Yoweri Museveni to say that I have failed to protect my people and I call on the UN: I would rather hang myself. We prioritized national security by developing a strong Army, otherwise our Uganda would be like DRC, South Sudan, Somalia or Nigeria where militias have disappeared with school children.” – President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda

The major aim of this write-up is to ask President Goodluck Jonathan how he will go about his campaign for president if he fails to bring back the girls. Will Mr. President go to Borno State to campaign? Or will he stay away from the state? If he stays away from Borno, how is it going to look like? If he decides to campaign in Borno, what will he tell the people of the state? Even if the girls are found and brought back, knowing what they would have gone through, will the president have the moral justification to face the people of the state to ask for their votes? What will he tell them? Will he tell them that if they vote him in for a second term, he will ensure that the girls are brought back? Or will he tell them he deserves a second term for bringing back their children after many days in the bush? How will the president go around the nation with the Boko Haram albatross around his neck? Will he be able to convince Nigerians that he will be able to protect the territorial integrity of our nation if a well-organised foreign army comes against our nation? Does the president ever think about how much damage the Chibok school girls abduction has done, is doing and will do to his campaign? Does he think he will win in a free and fair election?
Whatever the president’s answers to my questions may be and whether he will contest for a second term or not, he should please #BringbackourGirls.

http://omojuwa.com/2014/07/bringbackourgirls-what-will-president-jonathan-tell-the-people-of-borno-during-his-campaign-darasimi-oshodi/
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by Bialegend(m): 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2014
The question should be what will the APC presidential candidate tell the people of the South East of Nigeria during campaign. It is on record that Buhari didn't campaign in the S.East during the last presidential election. So, who will answer this question? What will assuming Buhari or Atiku emerges the APC presidential candidate tell the people of the S.East during their campaign?

3 Likes

Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by Bigcake: 6:56pm On Jul 11, 2014
Op you spoilt ur post by mentioning Mac Cain and Campbell. It is well known that those two big ingrate and loosers do not want anything good in Africa. As for what Gej will tell the people of Borno, well, he will tell them what the want to hear. That shldnt really be a problem.

1 Like

Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by Mogidi: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
I personally doubt GEJ will go to such an unhinged region, he's the president of Nigeria and his life and security is paramount.

On the other hand I hear Buko hari Buhari will be moving to Sambisa to be close to his running mate Shekau.

2 Likes

Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by Adindupeter: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
The Insurgency is an advantage to PDP...

1 Like

Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by worthytalk: 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
thank u for breeding terrorists to destabilize my govt.
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2014
ok, I get the drift.

Jonathan failed to protect the girls.

Jonathan failed to bring back the girls.

Jonathan failed.........

That sounds nice sha.

Yet let me ask. What was Jonathan supposed to do that he didnt do?

Maybe..
1. He should had commanded the girls to stay home and forget the exams
or
2. He should had sent tropes to surround the school with armoured tanks, to deal with the kidnappers.
or
3. He should had released all Jihardists in exchange for the girls.
Or
4. He should had taken one A-47, alongside with Asari Dokubo, storm the forest, kill all the Jihardists and then bring back the girls.

Truth is this, the purpose of this madness in the name of kidnap has failed.
Let them move to the plan if they have any

5 Likes

Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by vicadex07(m): 8:58pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dey no born him papa well make he go. He wan die be dat. Fear fear president
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by Balyz: 12:38am On Jul 12, 2014
The drunken coward of a president can't even step foot there talk much more of making empty promises to those terror stricken people
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:47am On Jul 12, 2014
I don't he will have anything tangible to say. Remember he hasn't been to chibok not even any of his ministers. Too bad i say. He better don't show face in borno state.
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by emekakelvin(m): 1:58am On Jul 12, 2014
@ OP, do you think Gej will campaign in Borno. A black listed state in Nigeria as of today. You suppose to ask yourself this question, will their be Election in Borno state( A state under Emergency rule for more than 6Month). Do you think the present adminstration of today will be So silly by asking the electorate to partake in Election activity?

1 Like

Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by fitzmayowa: 3:13am On Jul 12, 2014
He does not need to tell them anything, all he has to do is share bags of rice for them and its a done deal...since it seems rice is what wins elections this days...cheesy
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by fitzmayowa: 3:17am On Jul 12, 2014
vicadex07: Dey no born him papa well make he go. He wan die be dat. Fear fear president

Did you say fear fear president do you expect him to relocate to borno

He is the Commander in Chief of the clueless armed forces, and his safety is very important...
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by dickoflife(m): 7:31am On Jul 12, 2014
Op are u that dumb not to realise that a state under emergency cannot have elections? Haba nah, it's commonsense even if u can tread the constitution. You dey fall hand oh...
Re: What Will President Jonathan Tell The People Of Borno During His Campaign? by VICTORCIZA(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2014
must he go there?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Captures Fake Boko Haram Operative. / An Open Letter To The People Of The Nortthern Part Of Nigeria. / When Will The Youths Invade Nigerian Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.