Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? (51275 Views)

Gambian President Gifts Nollywood Stars Plots Of Land / Nollywood Stars Ken Eric Dating Rachael Okonkwo (nkoli Nwa Nsuka Star)photos / Photo: Abeg, Who Mumu Pass Between These Nollywood Stars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2014
Many of these stars ruled the screen many years ago and made headlines, suddenly, some of them left when the ovation was loudest.

Some decided to take a break from the industry that brought them fame either to settle down in marriage or to pursue other endeavours. But some didn't leave on their own volition but are actually scarce due to scarcity of movie roles as some of them are no more marketable as young stars have taken their positions.

Whatever the case may be, here are list of Nollywood stars who have been off the screen for a long time now.

NNENNA NWABUEZE (MERIT)
She gained prominence after featuring in the 1992 blockbuster movie, Living In Bondage, where she stared as 'Merit'; and she featured in a few other films after that.
Nnenna, during her time, ruled the screen. She was a household name in the early days of home video in Nigeria. But unfortunately, the pretty actress who endeared herself to many movie buffs after featuring in that evergreen movie, did not stay long in the world of make-believe as she was quickly married off by her heartthrob, Chief Okonta.
She indicated her interest to return back to acting in 2004, but 10 years now, she is yet to achieve that.

NDIDI OBI
Ndidi came into limelight with a lead role as a mermaid in "Nneka The Pretty Serpent", and also featured in a few other films after that. But she suddenly disappeared from the movies and hadn't made a come back.

JENNIFER OLISA
She was the younger mermaid in Nneka the Pretty Serpent and also featured in Yogo Pam Pam, a comic film amongst others before she left the scene several years ago to have her own family with her husband in Borno Island.

BARBRA ODOH
You recall the scene in Glamour Girls where a man gave her a lift and upon alighting from the car, held the man on the collar asking him to pay her for her services to him as a prostitute, but the man was shocked and embarrassed?
Barbra has not acted several years now as after her 2 marriages failed, she became a minister of God.
She said in interview:
”Once an actress, always an actress,” she enthuses.”There are different stages of our lives and each stage has its vision. After the controversial role in Glamour Girls, I was in other films but at a stage, I was not visible to home video fans again because I was under transformation.”God was preparing for another stage and I think I am in another now. There is a lot that I want to give to the society which goes beyond acting. I am interpreting acting in every way I can. I‘m a very practical person and that has made it impossible for me to be understood by some.”I still act when I get a good script but I really want to impact my society more with the book I have just finished writing which is based on man and woman.”

DOLLY UNACHUKWU
Dolly was a big star then but relocated to London to join her husband, although the marriage crashed, but Dolly was fortunate to get another husband as she remarried few years back to Mr Olaniyan and still resides in London.

ALEXX LOPEZ
Alexx who featured in several movies in the 1990s has been missing from movies for over a decade now.

TRICIA ESEIGBE
Do you remember the scary film "Samadora"? That film brought Tricia Eseigbe to limelight but she abandoned acting to pursue her TV presenting job, Bold Face.

SUSAN PATRICK
The Akwa Ibom state born actress became a popular face then after featuring in "Sakobi, The Snake Girl" alongside Saint Obi. She stopped acting after getting married to an old police top officer who was previously married, amidst oppositions from the man's grown up children. Several years after the demise of her husband, Susan is yet to return back to Nollywood.

ANN NJEMANZE
Ann was very young and beautiful when she featured in Rattle Snake, and later featured in 'Domittila' and 'Hit And Run' amongst others. Anne became a super star in the late 1990s until she had an almost a fatal accident which truncated her booming career, and ever since, Ann is yet to return fully in the movie industry.

STEPHNORA OKERE
Stephnora who was stereotyped into roles where she was always stealing who featured in Last Party, amongst several others has not been active in Nollywood for years now.

SANDRA ACHUMS
Love Without Language and Deadly Affair, where she featured as a Yoruba girl, Bola, brought her to limelight. But Sandra relocated to Germany after she remarried to join her hubby.

VICTORIA INYAMA
Beautiful and busty Vicky, was a big star but had to sacrifice her booming career in Nollywood to join her husband, Mr Okri, in London.

RITA NZELU
Rita came to limelight with the role of a prostitute who was always smoking and later was for money ritual by Andy but God saved her, that was in Living In Bondage. Rita featured in several other movies like 'Ukwa". But she sacrificed her career on the alter of marriage as she relocated to London to join the hubby.

REGINA ASKIA
Regina was a super star actress before she also sacrificed her stardom here in Nigeria because of marriage as she relocated to the US where she is working as a registered nurse.

LIZ BENSON
Liz was the biggest star in Nollywood in the 1990s. Her roles in True confession, Glamour Girls, Confusion amongst others are still fresh in the minds of movie lovers. But Liz just disappeared from Nollywood when she became an evangelist. Recently, Liz is gradually making a come back to the industry with her recent appearances in Stephanie Okereke's "Dry" and Rukky Sanda's upcoming movie. But, Liz is now very selective on the types of movies to appear in.

GEORGENIA ONUOHA IGWEGBE
Georgenea was almost at the peak of her career when she got married to her US based husband amidst controversies and had to dump the industry that brought her fame to join her hubby.

OBOT ETUK
Akwa Ibom state pretty actress, Obot was the queen of supporting roles as she always acted alongside Liz and Regina. Obot was in Suicide Mission, Rituals, King of Money and Deadly Proposal where she acted with Saint Obi. Obot suddenly disappeared and is now more into the things of God.
EDYTH JANE AZU
The powerful role interpreter left the industry years back after she became born again.

PAT ATTAH
Pat was one of Nollywood's leading men before he dumped the industry and relocated to Germany years ago where he's pursuing a career in music and is said to have married a German woman.

SAINT OBI
Saint was a super star but voluntarily left the industry to pursue other business interest.

GLORIA ANOZIE
Gloria was in Glamour Girls as 'Doris', a society lady. She occasionally acts but more into TV soaps these days as she once said that Nollywood producers don't give her roles again.

IFEOMA ANYIAM
Ifeoma was on her way to stardom when she got married and left the industry. She recently disclosed her desire to come back.

CHIEGE ALISIGWE
Chiege became a super star after starring alongside Ramsey Nuoah in "My Love" and then Oganigwe. But Chiege took a long break from acting. She seems to be returning back gradually.

MAUREEN SOLOMON
Maureen left the industry to nurture her marriage and hadn't returned.

ERNEST OBI
Ernest played major roles years back but stopped acting to become a director.

ERNEST ASUZU
Ernest was a big guy in the industry many years back as he even modelled for Collectibles. But he later had mental challenges and upon recovering, became a born again. He has returned though but not as popular as he used to be as younger guys have taken over.

RICHARD MOFE DAMIJO
The super star actor hasn't been active in recent years due to his political appointments in Delta state.

CHIDI IHESIE-OKAFOR
Chidi was also the queen of supporting roles then but left the industry to concentrate on her marriage and business.

HANKS ANUKU
The Senator star actor has been away for long. He currently resides in Ghana.

GENTLE JACK
The macho man of Nollywood, "Vugar" hasn't been active in the industry for years now.

OBEY ETUK
Obey became popular after featuring in one of the editions of Super Story. She became a regular face in the Nollywood but disappeared after marriage.

LARRY KOLDSWEAT
Mr Kodsweat left the industry after becoming a pastor.

PETER BUNOR
He has been missing from the industry. He fell I'll for several months, upon recovery, turned a pastor.

SHOLA SHOBOWALE
Toyin Tomato left the industry and relocated to London years ago but later came back to work on a couple of movie projects.
She may have featured in some Yoruba films recently, but is yet to feature in an English movie like before. Her fans are missing her unique voice and spectacular acting prowess.

COSSY ORJIAKOR
When last did you watch a film featuring Cossy Orjiakor? Well, Cossy has been in the industry for about 11 years but cannot boast of having featured in over 15 movies. She started with prominent role in “Shattered Home ” many years agobut for a long time now Cossy hasn’t been active in the movie industry for many Years now.
Forget the fact that she tries to remain relevant by periodically releasing nude and semi nude pictures of her oversize "milk industry".

RITA NWANKWO
Rita had featured in movies like Final Whistle alongside Saint Obi and Old School alongside Bobmanuel Udokwu and Patience Ozokwor amongsts few others before her relocation to the US.

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by Xsenga(f): 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2014
NDIDI obi

Jennifer olisa

Barbra odoh

dolly unachukwu

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by dejt4u(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2014
#bring back my man-Gentle Jack

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
alexx Lopez

Tricia eseigbe

Susan Patrick

Anne njemanze

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2014
Regina askia

georgenia onuoha

obot etuk

Liz Benson

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2014
stephnora okere

Sandra achums

VICTORIA inyama

Rita nzelu.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
edyth JANE azu

pat atta

saint obi

Gloria anozie young

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ifeoma ANYIAM

chiege alisigwe

Maureen solomon

Ernest obi

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ernest asuzu

RMD

chidi ihesie

hanks anuku

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
gentle jack

obey etuk

Larry koldsweat

peter bunor

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
Shola shobowale

cossy orjiakor

Rita nwankwo

charles okafor

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by bustyhelen(f): 7:43am On Jul 12, 2014
Pat attah

pat attah

pat attah

pat attah

o my gush !!!!

I miss him in movies.

I remember I used to have wet dreams bcs of him as he used to get me wet.

lol

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by 2romantic: 9:21am On Jul 12, 2014
Victoria inyama was hot hot hot
and is still hot hot hot

those big boobs

she's ageless too.
Bby face

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by 2romantic: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2014
bustyhelen: Pat attah

pat attah

pat attah

pat attah

o my gush !!!!

I miss him in movies.

lol

hope u got rag to dry ur wetness then

15 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by Ahmed0336(m): 9:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Honestly, OP I ve forgetten most of these actors thanks for bringing back old memories.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2014
Okey Ogunjiofor (Paulo)

Sydney Diala (Barry)

Obi Madubuogwu

Theodora Ochonogor (Power of Love)

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2014
Ejike Asiegbu

Ejike Metusela (Senior Peter in Rattle Snake)

Bobby Ejike

Hilda dokubo

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2014
Ahmed0336: Honestly, OP I ve forgetten most of these actors thanks for bringing back old memories.

u r welcome

5 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by maxism2: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
oh my God!

I remember all of them now.

Susan Patrick just disappeared into tin air

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by babakb: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
lalasticala, have u ever worked in nollywood, how com u kno so much about them

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
This post is a trip down memory lane. really nice.

5 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by Ngseralph: 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
@OP, You have made my day.
Though I have forgotten about them but, Iam missing them now like die!
MERIT, JIMAIMA, HILDA DOKUBO, LIZ BENSON, CHARLES OKAFOR, NKIRU SYLVANUS, NNEKA THE PRETTY SERPENT, PAT ATTAH, my mannest man SAM DEDE, GENTLE JACK, my RMD, MAUREEN SOLOMON, REGINA ASKIA, SANDRA ACHUMS, STEPHNORA OKERE (though, I never liked her but, I'm missing her now), CHIEGE ALUSIGWE, RITA NZELU.
@I MISS AND LOVE YOU ALL.

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by daveP(m): 2:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
bustyhelen: Pat attah

pat attah

pat attah

pat attah

o my gush !!!!

I miss him in movies.

lol
holy Moses!!! shocked shocked shocked
well amongst them all
ejike esiegbu(heavens must sake,etc), saint obi, and charles okafor(his serious look on screen ) liz benson,hilda dokubo,regina askia

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2014
babakb: lalasticala, have u ever worked in nollywood, how com u kno so much about them

lol

no, I have not but I started following the industry as a kid, starting from d days of living in bondage, evil passion and reading about them in Hearts and Hints then as there was no internet then.

lol

6 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Ngseralph: @OP, You have made my day.
Though I have forgotten about them but, Iam missing them now like die!
MERIT, JIMAIMA, HILDA DOKUBO, LIZ BENSON, CHARLES OKAFOR, NKIRU SYLVANUS, NNEKA THE PRETTY SERPENT, PAT ATTAH, my mannest man SAM DEDE, GENTLE JACK, my RMD, MAUREEN SOLOMON, REGINA ASKIA, SANDRA ACHUMS, STEPHNORA OKERE (though, I never liked her but, I'm missing her now), CHIEGE ALUSIGWE, RITA NZELU.
@I MISS AND LOVE YOU ALL.

u r welcomed

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by ICEKID334(m): 5:01pm On Jul 12, 2014
GentleJack, sam dede, saint 0bi and liz bens0n. Miss them very much

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by tandj: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
A good trip down memory lane.

What of onyeka onwenu, that andy mama in living in bondage and so many of them.
Wish I can get these good ol'movies.
Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by maxism2: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
I wish to c Sandra Achums again in a new movie

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by bustyhelen(f): 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
daveP: holy Moses!!! shocked shocked shocked
well amongst them all
ejike esiegbu(heavens must sake,etc), saint obi, and charles okafor(his serious look on screen ) liz benson,hilda dokubo,regina askia

lol Dave wetin na?

na true confession b that o
Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by bustyhelen(f): 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
daveP: holy Moses!!! shocked shocked shocked
well amongst them all

dave wetin na?

na true confession o
Re: Nollywood Stars Of Yesteryears, Who Do You Miss Most? by lalasticlala(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2014
bustyhelen:

dave wetin na?

na true confession o

its allowed, express ursrlf OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bobrisky: I Wasn't Deported Or Banned From UK. I Returned To Get The Right Visa / D'banj's Ikoyi Mansion Pool: His Signature Logo Engraved In It / P'square And Crew Digging It Out On Stage At Buhari's Inauguration (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.