Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,630 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. (22611 Views)

Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by snadguy007(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2014
MarkMiwerds: One good reason? James 2:10

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

The only tithes God ever commanded in His Word are tithes of agricultural content. Leviticus 27:30-33; Deuteronomy 12:5-7; 14:22-29

He said that his tithe was to be given to the Levites, the widows, the orphans and the strangers in Israel.

It is obvious that, if you are tithing your money You are offending in one point of the Law which said tithes were to be agricultural.
It is obvious that, if you are tithing to an entity other than those whom God authorized to receive tithes in His Word, you are offending in one point of the Law.

In short, your attempt to do what seems right in your own eyes is offensive to God. If you are going to submit to the Law, it is best you keep the Law without being an offense, eh?
That means its advisable to tithe with agricultural contents and to give it to the 'less priviledges'. Noted.

But you've not answered my question on why i should stop paying tithe either financially or with agricultural contents cos some comments above me are against it
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2014
Sigh. The hypocrisy that is religion in Nigeria. So many sheep, led by wolves. Very sad.

What am I doing in here anyway? *unfollows*
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by tunshe: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2014
Tithe is destroying Christainity

Tithe is making the GOs and Pastors wealthier than Jesus

Tithe is making the congregation poorer

Tithe is killing our labour force,our intelligent workforce abandon paid employment to establish church business

Tithe is polluting our streets,we now have 5 churches on a building and even shops are used for churches

Tithe is giving birth to funny church names like Give god and be blessed ministry

9 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Blizzy9ja: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2014
Old testament crap... Show me were it is written in the new testament

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by crusader01(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2014
What more can christians do than to pray for unbelievers to repent of their ways. Seeing the foolishness of people,I've to say christians have a lot to do.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2014
snadguy007: That means its advisable to tithe with agricultural contents and to give it to the 'less priviledges'. Noted.

But you've not answered my question on why i should stop paying tithe either financially or with agricultural contents cos some comments above me are against it
Blessings.

Another good reason to stop tithing is because of what the Apostle Paul told the Christian Gentiles in Galatia...

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

If you are going to submit to the Mosaic Law of tithing, then, according to the above verse you are required to keep the whole Law or be under a curse.

Also, for one who is married to Christ Jesus to submit to the Law is equivalent to that one committing spiritual adultery. (do you really want to be seen as an adulterer?) How can I say this, one may ask? Because the Apostle Paul taught it.

Romans 7:1-4 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Note in the first few verses that Paul shows how a woman married but going to live with another man is adultery. He then reveals that we, as the Bride of Christ have no business going to the house of the Law.

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 8:55am On Jul 13, 2014
The monetary tithe requirement doctrine was never instructed by, nor commanded by, God. It is the invention of man.

Psalms 106:39 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2014
@OP you are a lowly thief who uses the word of the LORD for selfish gain

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by iykofias(m): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2014
Ds arguement is becoming too old for me, becomin evri sunday issue
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by lakesider(m): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2014
Pastors are fraudsters.how come it only during tithe pastors refer to old testermant .for other issue old testerment no dey valid

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by yommyuk: 8:59am On Jul 13, 2014
wink
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by jahbiz: 9:00am On Jul 13, 2014
Kenny4lyfe: Nσω, вєƒσrє уσυ ∂rαω тнαт є-dαggєr яєα∂ ωнaт тнє ωσя∂ σƒ God ѕαуѕ αвσυт тнιѕ ¢αrєƒυℓℓу:
Malachi 3:8
Wιℓℓ α мαη rσвв Gσ∂?
уєт ує нανє rσввє∂ мє!
вυт ує ѕαу, "ωнєrєιη нανє ωє rσввє∂ тнєє?"
ιη тιтнєѕ αη∂ ιη σƒƒєяιηgѕ!"

The hand writing is clearly written on the wall as you can see!
How can a Non-Tither/Anti-Tither possibly justify him/herself before God with this declaration? #TeamAnti_Tithers over to you!
I am a christian but why is it always malachi only. If the issue of tithe is that compulsory I do wonder why Jesus ddnt hammer it in new testament. I will appreciate it though if u can give me verses that back it up in new testament. Thanks

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by niggi4life(m): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2014
I know the word "tithe" has "tenth" built into it, and so some Christians assume that every usage of the word "tithe" in Scripture is referring to "giving 10% of your gross income to the church."

But I also know that "tithes" in the Old Testament did not refer to this at all;

They only "tithed" on food (livestock and crops); they had money (i.e. "income"wink, but the "tithes" did not apply to that

The food went to the Levites, Priests, and needy people - none of whom had land of their own by which they could feed themselves

"Tithes" were not required of everyone - only those who raised livestock or grew crops. For example, carpenters weren't required to tithe, nor were the Priests and needy people

5 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Lucasbalo(m): 9:04am On Jul 13, 2014
MarkMiwerds: God does not demand 1/10th of your income. It is a wicked and deceitful man who demands that money. In our Bibles, God only commanded tithes of gardens, orchards, and livestock. He never told man to tithe money.

Keep your Naira. Use it for famly needs. If you have extra and want to be charitable, help a beggar on the road, a widow who is struggling, an orphan who needs food or clothing. God will be more pleased.

Inasmuch as ye did it unto the least of these my brethren, ye did it unto me. -- words of Jesus
You are right on target. God bless you for that. Those so called pastors begging for tithes on Sundays are just covertly scamming their gullible flocks.

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Gofwane(m): 9:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Dis thread is giving me mixd feelings o... I bn wan pay tithe 2day, bt e be lyk say i no do again o.

5 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by sunnywhyt(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2014
advocate666: Beggar god.
What do you mean by that?
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Gofwane: Dis thread is giving me mixd feelings o... I bn wan pay tithe 2day, bt e be lyk say i no do again o.
Contrary to the OP's claim, you will not be robbing God if you do not tithe.

However, if you are bypassing a poor person while on your way to a well-to-do Church so you can drop Naira in the offering plate, you are robbing God.

Inasmuch as ye did it not unto the least of these my brethren, ye did it not unto me -- words of Jesus

4 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2014
EvilBrain1: If god wants money, he should get a job just like everybody else.

Frm ur commnt, i nid nowan 2tell me, u ar yet 2kno who God is
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2014
indomitable234:

Yeah if 'god' wants money he should get a job
but my God is the owner of the universe,all the gold and silver are his,the cattle upon the ten thousand hills are his so your god can go get a job
yaa, his god shud get a job not our own " ALMIGHTY GOD" who has evry thing!
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Demainman1: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2014
THITHING is bribery.

Don't GIVE

Don't RECEIVE

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by princeattah1: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2014
Misconception about Tithe. Please read Deutoronomy 14:22-29 next Hebrews 7:5-19. Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by ogbronx(m): 9:28am On Jul 13, 2014
MarkMiwerds:
Blessings.

Another good reason to stop tithing is because of what the Apostle Paul told the Christian Gentiles in Galatia...

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

If you are going to submit to the Mosaic Law of tithing, then, according to the above verse you are required to keep the whole Law or be under a curse.

Also, for one who is married to Christ Jesus to submit to the Law is equivalent to that one committing spiritual adultery. (do you really want to be seen as an adulterer?) How can I say this, one may ask? Because the Apostle Paul taught it.

Romans 7:1-4 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Note in the first few verses that Paul shows how a woman married but going to live with another man is adultery. He then reveals that we, as the Bride of Christ have no business going to the house of the Law.
I am impressed. These things aren't revealed to you because you are smart, its God's Spirit that reveals truth of the bible to you. Many Christians don't know their faith or really understand grace and find it difficult to explain to pple from other religions and atheist thus making them look like blind pple. Keep this up bro and may God in His infinite wisdom reveal more to you.

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 13, 2014
Nigeria is a society of exploitation

- The Politicians exploit us by squandering our money on useless and personal projects
- The 419ers steal our money through trickery.
- The Pastors exploit us by stealing the little money we have left to take care of our needs and that of our family.

In other words both politicians and pastors are not satisfied with exploiting us, they want us to be broke and penniless. Its all a scam.

Do not pay one more tithe, send the money to that brother you spoke to yesterday who has emaciated due to hunger , I tell you your reward will be great in heaven. Send your money to that sister whose husband died recently and is finding it very hard to feed her children, I tell you your reward will be great in heaven.

STOP enriching pastors and their pet projects and visions , which in most cases has nothing to do with the kingdom of God.

I say people STOP , STOP being MUGUs.

It is bad enough the politicians exploit you and 419ers scam you, but Pastors

Say NO !!!

No more TITHE , its a SCAM , Thievery, Robbery and wickedness, GOD does not use or spend Money.

"And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward - Matthew 10:42

5 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by nanizle(m): 9:31am On Jul 13, 2014
OP you are quoting the old testament? shocked

Hmm. Shebi u no the kind genocides and atrocities wey dey old testament. why u no quote dem?

Na the verse wey u go use scam followers na him u come dey quote.

Mofo.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2014
ogbronx: I am impressed. These things aren't revealed to you because you are smart, its God's Spirit that reveals truth of the bible to you. Many Christians don't know their faith or really understand grace and find it difficult to explain to pple from other religions and atheist thus making them look like blind pple. Keep this up bro and may God in His infinite wisdom reveal more to you.
Thank you.

Many here on Nairaland Forums know me. They know that I am physically blind. I walk with a cane, read and write braille, listen to web pages, etc..

But I thank God that He, in His infinite wisdom, chose to save me and to reveal to me these truths that I post. I may walk in shadows here, but Jesus' Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

6 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by olashas(f): 9:34am On Jul 13, 2014
EvilBrain1: If god wants money, he should get a job just like everybody else.
I swear I love nairaland grin

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 13, 2014
nanizle: OP you are quoting the old testament? shocked

Na the verse wey u go use scam followers na him u come dey quote.

Mofo.

grin grin
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 13, 2014
penny01502: our God is so rich to be broke, He own the entire universe and the fullness therein. He is the omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient God, He gives men wealth, He owns the entire wealth of the universe and above all His is rich in mercies. i pray He forgives you for your ignorance, and urge you to repent .

if the entire wealth belong to your god why does he demand 10% of my salary? he must be so greedy and discontented.....

3 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Idrismusty97(m): 9:36am On Jul 13, 2014
tunshe: Tithe is destroying Christainity

Tithe is making the GOs and Pastors wealthier than Jesus

Tithe is making the congregation poorer

Tithe is killing our labour force,our intelligent workforce abandon paid employment to establish church business

Tithe is polluting our streets,we now have 5 churches on a building and even shops are used for churches

Tithe is giving birth to funny church names like Give god and be blessed ministry
Honestly it have now turn to a sort of competitions between churches. Where i stayed i am surrounded with more than 5 different churches! They are not far from each other, at least you can see 3 of them from my compound. In a certain street i saw two different churches facing each other! When one is praying the other is singing, Sometimes both would be singing absolutely different songs. No Harmony at all it is just pure competition. There is another church call "Redeemed". There is no where you won't find this church in all sizes and colour. It is not enough for them to build just one big church in a certain area but they would build 3 not far from each other with the same name redeem.

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by Umunede(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2014
Jesus said in Matt 23:23 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites. For ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin and have ommitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy and faith: these ought ye to have done and not to leave the other undone.". Clearly, Jesus didn't condemn paying of tithe. Why are we condemning what Jesus didn't condemn. Paying of tithe is only one of many things expected of a christian as we see in the verse.
Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by cold(m): 9:37am On Jul 13, 2014
Please tithe payers say this prayer with me. May the Lawd your Gawd bless you as you do so,in Jeezeus name..amen

2 Likes

Re: .:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. by olashas(f): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2014
ICHINONYE:

Re u mocking God ?
I believe he is mocking those who think God speaks through them. If I pay tithes to one pastor, make I bend

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? / 10 Characteristics Of A Man After God's Heart / Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.