Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (18820 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by amadice(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2014
bigwallace: google is ur frnd my brother,y dnt u google d stat of both players,den u compare nd contrast.afTa den u ask urself if u wer d coach wich of d players wud u av chosen,
....as for u HE GOAT i dont hav ur time....every1 wants to get notice, every1 wants to bcom a football pundit....i can see some1 like u getting keshi's job and failing b4 u sign ur contract papers...d google u refer to as my friend, let me ask u is google ur enemy, ar u blind to see fegnor made 7 appearance last season for arkmar perm in d russian league, as for nosa igiebor i watch most of real betis game....he is a bench warmer......if u hav personal hatred for keshi my friend its better u deal with it or u hug tranfomer.....
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by oliy24(m): 7:27am On Jul 14, 2014
My guy wey get thread. I dey feel you like mad. But I want you to leave this pple. No just talk again. All this pple no sabi ball. Why they no go settle for the less. For me o. Keshi is the worst coach alive. No any tactical display. Just gamble all the way. And truly maybe gudluck make am win nc. Because Nigeria no play any thing as a team to win d nc sef. Just individual display. Imagine leaving mikel in that france game.for God sake we are in 21 century, no player is allow to play cos of name or past glory. Mikel was dead in d game. He is soo dump that he doesn't even know how to use his player. Ever since keshi became Nigeria coach I am always sad when I see Nigeria play. Because the ball no dey sweet even though we win.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by bigwallace(m): 7:40am On Jul 14, 2014
[quote author=amadice]....as for u HE GOAT i dont hav ur time....every1 wants to get notice, every1 wants to bcom a football pundit....i can see some1 like u getting keshi's job and failing b4 u sign ur contract papers...d google u refer to as my friend, let me ask u is google ur enemy, ar u blind to see fegnor made 7 appearance last season for arkmar perm in d russian league, as for nosa igiebor i watch most of real betis game....he is a bench warmer......if u hav personal hatred for keshi my friend its better u deal with it or u hug tranfomer.....[/quote)u ve not ansad my simple Question?
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by oliy24(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2014
kannymoore:

Bros...

KESHI's TeCHNICAL KNOW-HOW is ZERO!

Keshi played two matches @ the same CHAN 11 against 10 for large periods yet we couldn't win those matches.. Heck! We couldn't even dominate the game. I also remember our first Mexico friendly.. We played with a against the mexicans 11 against 10 for large stretches of the game yet we surrendered a 2-0 lead!

Keshi aint a good coach. He was just lucky we won the Afcon.

why my opinion?

Cos after Afcon, he only WON 4 out of 15 grade A MATCHES!!! Of that 4, 2 were against lowly Ethiopia.

And yet the guy is angling for 10million as salary??!!

NONSENSE and INGREDIENTS!!!!!!

Gbam. You sabi. Na my God go bless you. They no dey calcalate my brother. Less than 30percent win. Spit!. I could sack him over and over again. Even out of this world.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2014
nijanigga:
Nigeria is a failure.so soccer alone cant save us.

I know what u mean. But, we have to have HOPE. if not, we are all sunk. We have to raise our game in all sectors of our national life. Our potentials are lying waste, forlorn! We can't continue like this.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by oliy24(m): 7:49am On Jul 14, 2014
Good coach wey me know, na dem dey call players wey dem want make he dey for the team wey dey want arrange. But for inexperience Keshi, the player that don't call, don't get to play. Even almighty del bosquet of spain still call diego costa several times to come play for the team he wants to arrange.
For keshi no call no play. For God sake. Dis guy is too poor to be called a coach

#teamkeshimustgo
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by kingthreat(m): 8:00am On Jul 14, 2014
ijechikky: my broda,,we naturally forget our beginin too fast,keshi was given a target to reach semi finals in nations cup nd qualify us for World-cup..He went beyond the target and set new records..

On African standard, keshi is a great coach. For international standard, he's mediocre. Use AFCON, Confederations cup and the World Cup to make your judgement. If you prefer Nigeria to remain just a local champion then, I'll stand by you.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 14, 2014
amadice: .....google and wikipedia are ur friends....fegnor ogude made just 7 appearance for amkar perm in d russia league nosa igiebor was a bench warmer an got injuried i d better half of last season. Mereto i guess a coach like u would hav take them to d world cup...clueless you

So it's Wikipedia that can be updated by anyone you check your own records? Wikipedia where Vincent Enyeama can be listed among the likes of Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso as Nigeria defence minister?

Fegor Ogude went to amkar pem this season from Norway and was a regular after his switch. He was so influential that he was being used as an attacking midfielder instead of his traditional defensive midfield and he scored a few goals as well.

Nosa Igiebor was a starter and key player for real bĂȘtis and even played important matches against Barcelona until he got injured. Injury kept him out but he recovered a couple of months to the World Cup and would have offered us more than Azeez or Rueben. Nosa came in that Scotland game and single handedly wrestled the midfield from Scotland.
I was there live in craven cottage and saw how sharp he was on his movement and passes.

Only Keshi knows how the likes of Rueben and Uchebo made a World Cup squad ahead of Nosa!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by donaremu(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2014
@Poster: I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. [b][/b]

Keshi deserves to stay if he like, he has proved to be our best local coach so far. He took an average team and turn it to be the best in Africa and second round slot at the world-cup, what else do you want?
If Dzeko's goal stands, then our goal against Iran too should stand.
If you think he is not tactical enough with his achievement, why not suggest that he should be sent on further training.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tonytony208(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2014
BabaO2:
Hey...!, players abilities, scoring goals are not done by the coaches, we are talking about technical inputs of the coach, his choice of substitutions, his technical reformations immediately a goal is scored or looking for goals etc Keshi doesn't have any of these. If Ejide had caught malaria and Enyeama had injury I wondered who would've manned the post.

i dissagree with you. The coach has a million and one input in how well his players score goals. Did you watch the nig-bosnia match? Could you differentiate btw who the winger was btw osaze and emenike? Could you until that match have predicted emenike could work so efficiently and impressively from the wing? That arrangement couldn't have been made by the players themselves but by the coach and it couldn't have been made by a coach without technical understanding. Let this man be. What he needs is more time to work and freedom from nff interference and nothing more.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2014
ghananotnaija:

Ghana does not look up to Nigeria.

Noted. I understand where u are coming from. One love.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by barcaboi(m): 10:17am On Jul 14, 2014
na you wan be coach......fu1king Nigerians believe dey know more...we criticized the dude when he dropped osaze et al for the nations cup and guess what; Mba, onazi, omeruo, oboabona, emenike and even mikel stepped up......most of whom were home-based. ......he took us past d group stage whether dzeko scores or not.....babatunde stepped up; did u consider we had injuries to babatunde and onazi and oboabona......fk it...appreciate ur man 4 once; hypocrites. .....gbam!!!
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 10:28am On Jul 14, 2014
EagleScribes: @OP, could you please suggest at least three of your -"world class and tactical" coaches that you think can replace Keshi and excel under the same working conditions and salary. Can anyone in this forum suggest?

If you can't, there's no point for this debate

NB - I hope someone will say David Moyes and Roy Hodgson

These things are not rocket science. You can know a good coach from the consistency of his team's cohesion and tactical discipline, from the rigour his team shows in the keeping of the intended shape and structure, the adaptability of the team to changing conditions or surprises and his proactivity to read and change the course of the game to his team's advantage. The relationship he has with his players is fundamental too. The key word here is consistency.

Check these things out, you'll pick out such coaches easily.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by segunaremu6gma: 10:30am On Jul 14, 2014
Emmysteve: MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.

na u be Mumu.....the mere fact that keshi won d AFCON doesn't make him untouchable......... when anything good happens to the Eagles... Keshi will claim the right but wen tins aren't ...its d NFF...they are interfering, not supportive etc....it is wrong ....nobody is bigger Dan Nigeria......keshi breaks those records because of the support from the glass house...Idiot... football is not just playing on d field.....d underground works are important too......flight tickets, friendly match arrangement, hotel bookings, travelling plans, dialogue with clubs etc are all don by NFF.......so dey gave him the platform to succeed.......

the problem with keshi is DAT he wants to be pampered......this is not possible......he may av coached Togo and Mali and treated like one.....but Nigeria is bigger Dan both.....we are not satisfied until we become a force dominating and beating teams mercilessly......keshi knows the system..he started the mafia himself so why is he complaining......

secondly threaten to quit and latter coming out to say he will continue if awarded a new contract when he ad rumour of coaches interested in taken over from him is unbecoming...... as a top coach he should never have said wat he said to the media.... u don't resign in the media but u do so when u meet ur employers......he even said if the president should intervene... he is done....he's stupid for saying DAT to the first citizen of our great country.... does he think Mr President has no other work to do

thirdly....kudos to keshi for bringing back discipline to the team.....and d desire to fight for shirt and not just work in to take ur shirt.......without keshi Sunday uba, Michael babatunde, Obabona, Omeruo etc may not have been dis successful or playing for d team....but all those are now history.......tactically and technically .....he's not up deer with the best coaches in d world......Nigeria was predictable because no quality player can make d diff from d bench ....am sorry but players like Reuben Gabriel, Shola ameobi..(he should have picked between odulami and Azubike)...should not have made the team....we went with 4 midfielders DAT was why Mikel can stroll on d pick of play because he knows no one can replace him.....so France knew and exploited it.....Lukman haruna, Sunday Uba, Ik Uche, Nosa should have made the team but we choose 7 strikers 8 defenders......so we knew from day one DAT we won't go far.....if not for poor referring decision..we would have been home early...for me individual brilliance has been wat has kept eagles not our tactics.....I believe wen the competition is high our boys will perform

lastly...in my opinion... keshi needs eagles just like we need him......he should better think very well...which I think he's doing now.....by saying he will stay ..he may have offers else where but can dey boast of better players ..he can not threaten us with offers from other nations like south Africa....even our local boys beat der national team mercilessly........ever since havie Renard left Zambia he has not done well...its always hard in Africa to get it with other teams....asking for more money is alright for me but double is first deal is absurd......I believe NFF should follow all the terms in d previous contract like house and official car and also find money to pay who ever he want to bring on board.......

GOD BLESS NIAJA......
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 10:52am On Jul 14, 2014
hollandis: Nigerians and mediocrity ,just like horses and carriages

Glad to know you are back! Welcome back! grin grin

This time, show us more love o!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2014
donaremu: @Poster: I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. [b][/b]

Keshi deserves to stay if he like, he has proved to be our best local coach so far. He took an average team and turn it to be the best in Africa and second round slot at the world-cup, what else do you want?
If Dzeko's goal stands, then our goal against Iran too should stand.
If you think he is not tactical enough with his achievement, why not suggest that he should be sent on further training.

Further training? Hmmm. A wise man once told me you don't learn a new dance at old age.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by MegMich(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2014
tonytony208:

you pple keep on flogging this tactical/ technical competency issue. How did he beat CIV and Mali at NC? how did he beat Morocco at chan from 3 goals down? How will you describe musa's first and second goals against Argentina? So you think a tactically incompetent coach would have been able to bring that out of a team (i mean musa had never been a regular scorer for SE)? If you call his achievements mere luck, then it means you will go to any length to make his achievements look like nothing; a disgusting sign of pure hate.

Mr man a beg leave keshi alone. He has shown he is better than any other coach nigeria had ever employed aside westerhof and as a result, he deserves to be retained. What he needs is time and not your pullhimdown tactics and pitiably destructive criticism.

Sentiments!!! That's what is killing us!
Rafa Benitez was sacked by Liverpool and Inter when it was obvious he's hit the dead end with ideas.
Mourinho was shown the door by Chelsea. His problem? He failed in European competition. Guess what? Even when RDM delivered,he still was kicked out when he started under performing.
Need not talk of Frank Rijkaard, Great Maradona, Zola, Seedorf etc
Its clear Keshi has ran out of luck.
His problems are so numerous it doesn't drop but rains.
took a less than mediocre team to WC.
Refused to substitute his golden boy Mikelis Obilis.
Had no plan B.
Abeg Keshi waka go!
We are better than this.
His ego is the most annoying part--he said many countries are interested in him! Oga, who ask you?
NFF dey mess up sha!!! But sincerely, we can do a whole lot better post Keshi.
I rep Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Fulaman198(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
He is a coach that does not take responsibility for his actions. He is not a humble human being, he is always boasting and bragging about achievements, yet he does not achieve. He is not a tactical coach and he does not know how to adapt like the best coaches in the world. He blamed a player for the loss against France instead of being a man/coach and taking the blame upon himself like Scholari did when Brazil lost 7-1. Keshi is not a pleasant human being. I don't even know why some people want him around.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Fulaman198(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2014
MegMich:

Rafa Benitez was sacked by Liverpool and Inter when it was obvious he's hit the dead end with ideas.
Mourinho was shown the door by Chelsea. His problem? He failed in European competition. Guess what? Even when RDM delivered,he still was kicked out when he started under performing.
Had no plan B.
Abeg Keshi waka go!
We are better than this.
His ego is the most annoying part--he said many countries are interested in him! Oga, who ask you?
I rep Naija.

100% agree
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tonytony208(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fulaman198: He is a coach that does not take responsibility for his actions. He is not a humble human being, he is always boasting and bragging about achievements, yet he does not achieve. He is not a tactical coach and he does not know how to adapt like the best coaches in the world. He blamed a player for the loss against France instead of being a man/coach and taking the blame upon himself like Scholari did when Brazil lost 7-1. Keshi is not a pleasant human being. I don't even know why some people want him around.

you are on point bro. Why should we keep such an unpleasant human being like keshi around when we have a pleasant-online-coach human being like you around? At least your comment has shown everyone how pleasant-to-a-fault you must be (my foot).
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Fulaman198(m): 4:05pm On Jul 14, 2014
tonytony208:

you are on point bro. Why should we keep such an unpleasant human being like keshi around when we have a pleasant-online-coach human being like you around? At least your comment has shown everyone how pleasant-to-a-fault you must be (my foot).

I didn't expect anything less from a Keshi supporter. No coach EVER blames their player. Who does that. I'm too young to coach the team maybe in 15 years when I'm more age appropriate. If a team loses, coach always takes full responsibility. No questions asked.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tonytony208(m): 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
MegMich:

Had no plan B.
Abeg Keshi waka go!
We are better than this.
I rep Naija.

it is very clear my submission is not based on sentiments but on GLARING facts. i think it is you who is allowing mental-reasoning-incapacitation to control you. Do you realize that keshi had only spent about 2 years with this team? So, you were expecting him to win WC within 2 years of his being in charge? What is actually bitting you? Is it his inability to win WC or his failure to take your own golden boy ike uche to WC? Am certain you would be one of those condemning his choice of babatunde, but didn't babatunde prove why he meritted inclusion? This to me means the coach knows what he is doing. If keshi is given a completely free hand to handle the team, am certain he will perform wonders. Let me ask you this: if keshi wins the nation's cup back to back, where will you hide your face? Or will you put it down to luck or happenstance like you have been doing with all his glaring successes? Or maybe you will come up and say it is just nation's cup and therefore it is nothing important or serious. Mr, learn to appreciate your fellow black. Stop acting like a former minister of health, who condemned abalaka because the later said he had discovered the cure for HIV.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by dabossman(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2014
Interesting. So Keshi is now the problem with Nigerian football. Since 1998 our football has gone downhill. We've won nothing but golden bronze at the Nations Cup for years and finally failed to even qualify for 2012 edition. We've failed to make it past the group stage at two World Cups and even failed to qualify for the 2006 edition, but of course Keshi is the problem with our football. After all, if not for Keshi's "tactical" ineptitude we would have won the World Cup instead of Germany.

We've had coaches like Onigbinde, Chukwu, Eguaveon, Siasia and even "world class" coaches like Berti Vogts and Lars Largerback who all didn't achieve anything spectacular even when they had better teams, but lets blame Keshi for that too.

Save for Enyeama, no Nigerian player can boast of being in the top 10-20 for their positions in global football. Most of them play in the back leagues of Ukraine, Russia, Israel, Belgium, Norway and so on. Those who play in the big leagues either warm the bench or play for mid-table teams, but that too is Keshi's fault. Since Okocha, I don't know of any Nigerian player who is the designated corner-kick or free-kick expert for their clubside, but let's blame Keshi for that too.

KESHI please take a walk. Let NFF give Nigerians their "world class", "tactical" coach. Maybe Scolari, Del Bosque, or even Joachim Loew. They are all world Cup winners after all.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tonytony208(m): 4:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

I didn't expect anything less from a Keshi supporter. No coach EVER blames their player. Who does that. I'm too young to coach the team maybe in 10 years when I'm more age appropriate. If a team loses, coach always takes full responsibility. No questions asked.
[/color][color=#000000]
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Fulaman198(m): 4:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
dabossman: Interesting. So Keshi is now the problem with Nigerian football. Since 2008 our football has gone downhill. We've won nothing but golden bronze at the Nations Cup for years and finally failed to even qualify for 2012 edition. We've failed to make it past the group stage at two World Cups and even failed to qualify for the 2006 edition, but of course Keshi is the problem with our football. After all, if not for Keshi's "tactical" ineptitude we would have won the World Cup instead of Germany.

We've had coaches like Onigbinde, Chukwu, Eguaveon, Siasia and even "world class" coaches like Berti Vogts and Lars Largerback who all didn't achieve anything spectacular even when they had better teams, but lets blame Keshi for that too.

Save for Enyeama, no Nigerian player can boast of being in the top 10-20 for their positions in global football. Most of them play in the back leagues of Ukraine, Russia, Israel, Belgium, Norway and so on. Those who play in the big leagues either warm the bench or play for mid-table teams, but that too is Keshi's fault. Since Okocha, I don't know of any Nigerian player who is the designated corner-kick or free-kick expert for their clubside, but let's blame Keshi for that too.

KESHI please take a walk. Let NFF give Nigerians their "world class", "tactical" coach. Maybe Scolari, Del Bosque, or even Joachim Loew. They are all world Cup winners after all.

Keshi is part of the problem, I would say that our football started going downhill before 2008. Where were we in the 2006 World Cup? Also in 2002, we didn't get to the 2nd round.

The bigger problem is the NFF. We don't have a scouting/recruiting programme like the Germans, Dutch and Brazilians do. A programme in which every 36 state has someone or some people going around schools scouting for youth talent between the ages of 5 and 15. The NFF is not orgranised and quite corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by tonytony208(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

Keshi is part of the problem, I would say that our football started going downhill before 2008. Where were we in the 2006 World Cup? Also in 2002, we didn't get to the 2nd round.

The bigger problem is the NFF. We don't have a scouting/recruiting programme like the Germans, Dutch and Brazilians do. A programme in which every 36 state has someone or some people going around schools scouting for youth talent between the ages of 5 and 15. The NFF is not orgranised and quite corrupt.

how did keshi contribute to football failure in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010? How is he part of the problem? In all those past years, nigeria never could dream beyond 3rd place in nation's cup even with the okochas, kanus and ike uches of this world. Now you are calling for the head of the man who took away your shame after 19 years with nothing other than average players.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Fulaman198(m): 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
tonytony208:

how did keshi contribute to football failure in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010? How is he part of the problem? In all those past years, nigeria never could dream beyond 3rd place in nation's cup. Now you are calling for the head of the man who took away your shame after 19 years.

His problem is his attitude. If you can not see that, then no offence to you man you are very blinded. He is about 20% of the problem, the other 80% is the NFF. I am talking about present day. Iran's coach illustrated that no matter what calibre of players you have, you can do quite well. I can tell you right now that if Nigeria had Iran's coach, or some other true tactician, no matter how bad Nigeria's squad had been, Nigeria would have performed better.

In most games, Keshi just sat down completely oblivious to the way his team was performing. Whenever there was a poor performance, he blamed everyone except himself. I don't like coaches like that. A good coach would take blame and discuss in details how he plans on improving for the next match instead of beating about the bush.

Keshi comes of as someone very brash and unprofessional and Nigeria is better off without him.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by dabossman(m): 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

Sorry, I meant 1998. You say Keshi is part of the problem, but I say Keshi is just a victim of the system. What has the NFF contributed to making Keshi better than he is other than constantly looking for ways to discredit him so they can bring in their foreign coach? As you stated, where are the developmental programs to unearth and harness youth talents. We wonder why our players are not good at set-pieces? It's because you learn such technical skills at a young age, not when you are already 17. Folks here talk about Keshi's tactics, but your tactics are only as good as they players who will execute them. We lack quality players. Keshi has tried with the rag-tag team his has.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Fulaman198(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
dabossman:

Sorry, I meant 1998. You say Keshi is part of the problem, but I say Keshi is just a victim of the system. What has the NFF contributed to making Keshi better than he is other than constantly looking for ways to discredit him so they can bring in their foreign coach? As you stated, where are the developmental programs to unearth and harness youth talents. We wonder why our players are not good at set-pieces? It's because you learn such technical skills at a young age, not when you are already 17. Folks here talk about Keshi's tactics, but your tactics are only as good as they players who will execute them. We lack quality players. Keshi has tried with the rag-tag team his has.

I agree with you wholeheartedly and I guess my biggest problem with Keshi is just his attitude and boastfulness, nothing else. We are taught to be humble and not boastful in Nigeria.

NFF is definitely the main culprit here. I don't think any sensible person will deny that. One thing really impressed me about the Dutch this world cup. They seem to have 2 goalkeepers for different situations (their main goalie who plays the 90 minutes plus over time if needed) and a goalkeeper whose sole purpose is block goals during a penalty kick shootout.

The NFF is so disorganised that I don't know where to begin. I am very happy it was disbanded. New people are needed though that are not as incompetent, greedy and corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2014
Keshi keeps accusing players of not playing to instruction

It will be interesting to see what instructions he actually gives

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by dabossman(m): 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fulaman198:

His problem is his attitude. If you can not see that, then no offence to you man you are very blinded. He is about 20% of the problem, the other 80% is the NFF. I am talking about present day. Iran's coach illustrated that no matter what calibre of players you have, you can do quite well. I can tell you right now that if Nigeria had Iran's coach, or some other true tactician, no matter how bad Nigeria's squad had been, Nigeria would have performed better.

In most games, Keshi just sat down completely oblivious to the way his team was performing. Whenever there was a poor performance, he blamed everyone except himself. I don't like coaches like that. A good coach would take blame and discuss in details how he plans on improving for the next match instead of beating about the bush.

Keshi comes of as someone very brash and unprofessional and Nigeria is better off without him.

What did the same Iran coach, Carlos Quieroz achieve when he had better players in the Portugal team he coached? Iran achieved nothing at this World Cup other than park the bus. Is that the kind of football you want us to play?

And as far as sitting is concerned, Aime Jacquet who coached France to win the World Cup in 98 rarely stood up from the bench. Joachim Loew yesterday sat through most of the game while Sabella stood almost throughout. Scolari was standing and barking instruction for the most of 90mins, yet Brazil still got annihilated by Holland.

Keshi doesn't claim to be the best coach in the world, but Nigeria is also not a power-house in global football. Let's stop deluding ourselves that we are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s / Enyeama Is Returning To The Super Eagles Squad - Coach Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.