Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,054 members, 7,814,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue (2798 Views)

Atheism Has Ancient Roots And Is Not ‘modern Invention’, Claims New Text / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Has Denominations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by TheBigUrban2: 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

Get a bible... the definition is there.

False.

Even bishops and the present pope disagree on what/who is a christian

Even two pastors in the same church will give you different answers

Even you and your buddy, Anony will give different definitions of "christian"
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by mazaje(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

Get a bible... the definition is there.

LOL!!. . You simply can not say it. . .Every body uses the bible. . .But we all see the result don't we?. . .
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

This is not an argument as much as it is true. Most of those who claim to have once been christians do not understand what it means outside of merely bearing it as a tag of some sort. Christianity is not merely a religion, it is a personal relationship with Christ.
Kikikikikiki. If they were true Christians they wouldn't have lost their faith; if they were true Muslims, they wouldn't have lost their faith. undecided

Exactly the point. Why then are most atheists, who claim all they stand for is a mere disbelief in God, simply fixated on christianity only?

When there's a Taoist section, we'll "fixate" on them instead. Till then we will manage brainwashed Bible thumpers.
The other thousands never seem to bother them whatsoever. Cue the rehash to the "we were all former christians" trope.

Yawn. See above.
Do you have another reason? undecided
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by mazaje(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

False.

Forget him abeg. . .He doesn't know what he is saying. . .All the endless back and forth they are constantly engaged in with each other shows that their religion is nothing but a man made idea. . .Ask him and ask Oladegbuu and Italo what a christian is and you will be shocked at their very different replies. . .

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

False.

Technicians differ on how to repair a car... in this case you refer to the manual... you know, the book written by the car manufacturers themselves.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by TheBigUrban2: 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
mazaje:

Forget him abeg. . .He doesn't know what he is saying. . .All the endless back and forth they are constantly engaged in with each other shows that their religion is nothing but a man made idea. . .Ask him and ask Oladegbuu and Italo what a christian is and you will be shocked at their very different replies. . .

I feel that Davidylan is an atheist but just trolling us because too many people from here know him as a christian and he cant afford to come out of the closet

....just like those gay pastors who bash gays.....they are jealous of the gays that are out in the open while they themselves are suppressing their sexuality

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
mazaje:

LOL!!. . You simply can not say it. . .Every body uses the bible. . .But we all see the result don't we?. . .

See above... tired of recycling the same non-questions.
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
mazaje:

and the endless back and forth atheists (who claim there is no God) engage in on a religious section says what about them? their insecurities? If religion is a man-made idea then why are you here?
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

I feel that Davidylan is an atheist but just trolling us because too many people from here know him as a christian and he cant afford to come out of the closet

....just like those gay pastors who bash gays.....they are jealous of the gays that are out in the open while they themselves are suppressing their sexuality

Shakes head...
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by TheBigUrban2: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

Technicians differ on how to repair a car... in this case you refer to the manual... you know, the book written by the car manufacturers themselves.

Unfortunately, unlike your holy manual, the car manual is

-precise
-easily translated into the major languages- english, spanish, french, mandarin, japanese
- accurate in the sense that it doesnt give contradictory insturctions

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Unfortunately, unlike your holy manual, the car manual is

-precise
-easily translated into the major languages- english, spanish, french, mandarin, japanese
- accurate in the sense that it doesnt give contradictory insturctions

The bible is precise, easily translated into major languages (infact the bible has been translated into the most number of languages of any existing book ever written) and accurate.
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by mazaje(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:
and the endless back and forth atheists (who claim there is no God) engage in on a religious section says what about them? their insecurities? If religion is a man-made idea then why are you here?

And you have seen atheist arguing and calling each other names over the lack of belief in god when?. . .Christians disagree, argue and call each other names all the time here on nairaland,that is if they are not arguing with atheist or with muslims many even condemn each other to hell for holding different or contradictory beliefs. .
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

The bible is precise, easily translated into major languages (infact the bible has been translated into the most number of languages of any existing book ever written) and accurate.
What is accurate about the earth being 6000yrs old?
What is accurate about mankind coming about by incest?
What is accurate about god condoning slavery?
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

Meh, you're really fishing desperately. It speaks no volumes other than the fact that i am not worried about losing my salvation at any time so answering that question is completely moot as far as i'm concerned. It is a question that is not interested in a fact but in pushing a preconceived point of view.

Enjoy yourself

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by TheBigUrban2: 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

lol....coming from the same man who noted problems in the popular KJV translations of the bible.
The bible in Japanese is freaking ridiculous.

As for the accuracy of the bible, it has contradictory instructions...eg turn the other cheek came after "an eye for an eye"

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol....coming from the same man who noted problems in the popular KJV translations of the bible.
The bible in Japanese is freaking ridiculous.

As for the accuracy of the bible, it has contradictory instructions...eg turn the other cheek came after "an eye for an eye"

they are only contradictions because you don't know better. Like i said... the letter killeth...
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

see dodging.

You must be related to anony

Bros, the thing tire me

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
rationalmind:

Enjoy yourself

Why thank you! I am doing just that. Enjoy the world cup final.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Apatheist:
What is accurate about the earth being 6000yrs old?
What is accurate about mankind coming about by incest?
What is accurate about god condoning slavery?

The letter killeth... if you were genuinely interested in getting answers to your questions then i'm sure you and i can start a thread to address them. But of course, its not answers you want... just the flinging of accusations.
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
mazaje:

And you have seen atheist arguing and calling each other names over the lack of belief in god when?. . .Christians disagree, argue and call each other names all the time here on nairaland,that is if they are not arguing with atheist or with muslims many even condemn each other to hell for holding different or contradictory beliefs. .

Check the atheist only thread... when it is not yawningly empty (since atheists really have nothing to say to each other outside bashing the bible), they are busy beating themselves over the head. Infact this very thread is an example of one where atheists themselves have no clue how to define themselves!
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by TheBigUrban2: 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

they are only contradictions because you don't know better. Like i said... the letter killeth...

lol and you know better

Sometimes, I feel that God is an idea made by a foolish man because the people he sends to support him are mostly foolish

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

The letter killeth... if you were genuinely interested in getting answers to your questions then i'm sure you and i can start a thread to address them. But of course, its not answers you want... just the flinging of accusations.
"the letter killeth" That means I can't understand with my "carnal mind", right?
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

lol and you know better

Sometimes, I feel that God is an idea made by a foolish man because the people he sends to support him are mostly foolish

and you spend so much time whining about this idea of foolish men because? I mean, how many other foolish ideas do you spend time caterwauling about? Surely you have other "wise" things to do no?
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Apatheist:
"the letter killeth" That means I can't understand with my "carnal mind", right?

Absolutely.
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

Absolutely.
grin
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by TheBigUrban2: 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

and you spend so much time whining about this idea of foolish men because? I mean, how many other foolish ideas do you spend time caterwauling about? Surely you have other "wise" things to do no?

When the proponents of the foolish idea are threatening my safety? Hmmm?

The reetards in the north blowing up things in Allah's name
Or the christian bigot in Nigeria that is ready to ostracise me (or even get me fired from my job) upon learning about my belief
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

When the proponents of the foolish idea are threatening my safety? Hmmm?

The reetards in the north blowing up things in Allah's name
Or the christian bigot in Nigeria that is ready to ostracise me (or even get me fired from my job) upon learning about my belief

If those in the north are blowing you up in allah's name then why are you here? Surely you can find yourself to the islamic section no? You do realize you would be preaching to the choir here.

If christian bigots are ostracizing you then that is an issue for you to deal with among your family and friends... the rest of us are not really concerned as to your faith.
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Unfollowing thread.
Davidylan has successfully derailed the topic. undecided
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
Apatheist: Unfollowing thread.
Davidylan has successfully derailed the topic. undecided

eh how is it i derail a thread when i'm merely responding to the vituperation of a confused bunch?
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
Spiritual Atheism is the absence of belief in the existence of "God", defined as an entity external to the universe that created and rules the universe; but the presence of belief in the existence of "God", defined as the personification of the universe itself.

Traditional atheism does not make any attempt to define exactly what is meant by the term "God" or "Deity"; while spiritual atheism is very specific about it, making it a specialized and discretionary type of atheism. This reflects the different underlying philosophies — atheism actively rejects belief in all possible definitions of the term "God"; while spiritual atheism actively rejects belief in only one very specific definition of the term "God".
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
FOLYKAZE: Spiritual Atheism is the absence of belief in the existence of "God", defined as an entity external to the universe that created and rules the universe; but the presence of belief in the existence of "God", defined as the personification of the universe itself.

Traditional atheism does not make any attempt to define exactly what is meant by the term "God" or "Deity"; while spiritual atheism is very specific about it, making it a specialized and discretionary type of atheism. This reflects the different underlying philosophies — atheism actively rejects belief in all possible definitions of the term "God"; while spiritual atheism actively rejects belief in only one very specific definition of the term "God".

so in short, we've just got a bunch of confused souls here? Ok.
Re: Atheism Has No Definition....a Very Confusing Issue by TheBigUrban2: 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
davidylan:

If those in the north are blowing you up in allah's name then why are you here? Surely you can find yourself to the islamic section no? You do realize you would be preaching to the choir here.

If christian bigots are ostracizing you then that is an issue for you to deal with among your family and friends... the rest of us are not really concerned as to your faith.

Please shut up and stop spouting ignorance.
I dont know why you always make that ignorant assumption that atheists arent on the islam section

Who made the rule that christian bigotry is meant to be only discussed among friends and family? Are you alright?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Biography – Background,education,marriage Life / Pastor Chris Was Right About Forced Vaccination And Build Up To One World Order / A Question To All Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.