Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,788 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God (5893 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by Busybody2(f): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

My friend, last days is not just today... Last days started after Jesus returned to glory.

Do your research.

All the things prophesied happened at and around the time of Pentecost.

You said tomayto, i said tomaato, all join.

Yes it happened first time round at Pentecost, but it is not a one-off prophecy, geddit? The use of the modal auxiliary verb "connotes" a future prediction...and in this case it is an ongoing thing until the return of Jesus' Christ.

shdemidemi:
I can only do short post based on specific verses cos I use my phone most times. It becomes cumbersome when too many holes are in a single post.

Awwww, now i get you and would take this into consideration next time.

But on second thought, i only posted JUST 4/5 lines. So are you trying to pull a fast one tongue
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
Busybody2:

You said tomayto, i said tomaato, all join.

Yes it happened first time round at Pentecost, but it is not a one-off prophecy, geddit? The use of the modal auxiliary verb "connotes" a future prediction...and in this case it is an ongoing thing until the return of Jesus' Christ.

Nooo... That is the error that accompany contemporary Christianity today. We put pressure on ourselves and the pastors to wrought miracles like the apostles did.

[
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by mbaemeka(m): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2014
I don't know where we get this idea that the church had to wait for Paul to document his teachings and then call it the word of God. Paul was writing letters to send to various churches he had started and at some point pastored. He didn't know at the time that his parchments were to become scripture besides Paul came into the fold years after the Pentecost and Peter already knew that the gospel will be preached to the Gentiles. So of course Paul had alot of revelations. What is a misrepresentation is for one to claim that the early church (not Judaists) had to wait for Paul. That's unscriptural.

In other news, Jesus said the Holy Spirit will tell us things to come. What did Jesus mean by things to come? Please note that "things to come" is different from "giving revelations". Paul said the Holy Spirit told him not to go to Asia to preach. Can we find such counsel by simply studying the scriptures taking into cognizance the fact that we have been commissioned to preach the gospel to the whole world?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
You guys are deviating.

The whole truth is that the claim that God called anyone in terms of miraculous gifts and pushing them to establish there own business church is a decoy.

None of the apostles back then obtained there gift different from when they were baptised by the holy spirit or when they were born again. This claim that after being born again, they received a "calling" is a lie.

Secondly, none of those who got the spiritual gifts established his own separate church with different headquarter and doctrine. The truth is for those who wants to be saved.

I pity many who like lies.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2014
mbaemeka: I don't know where we get this idea that the church had to wait for Paul to document his teachings and then call it the word of God. Paul was writing letters to send to various churches he had started and at some point pastored. He didn't know at the time that his parchments were to become scripture besides Paul came into the fold years after the Pentecost and Peter already knew that the gospel will be preached to the Gentiles. So of course Paul had alot of revelations. What is a misrepresentation is for one to claim that the early church (not Judaists) had to wait for Paul. That's unscriptural.

In other news, Jesus said the Holy Spirit will tell us things to come. What did Jesus mean by things to come? Please note that "things to come" is different from "giving revelations". Paul said the Holy Spirit told him not to go to Asia to preach. Can we find such counsel by simply studying the scriptures taking into cognizance the fact that we have been commissioned to preach the gospel to the whole world?

The experience God made Peter have even against peters will was for him to help as alibi when Paul came around. This was Peter's response to God when the change came-

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Peter could not comprehend how God could instruct a Jewish man like himself to speak to preach to a gentile. When he got to the house of cornelius, he made them understand how God had practically forced him to them.

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Peter also called Cephas was a man of repute among the disciples, so it was easy to influence the other disciples that he had also experienced a bit of what Paul was proclaiming.

It was never Peter's job to take the gospel to the Gentiles. He lost his opportunity when he was mandated by Christ to take the gospel to uttermost part of the world.

The power behind the mystery of salvation was revealed to Apostle Paul. Even Peter acknowledged this in his second book where he said "Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him".
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by mbaemeka(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
^^^

I can't remember saying Peter was sent to the 'Gentiles'. I said Peter knew before Paul came into the scene that the gospel will be preached to the Gentiles. That's even besides the point.

What did Jesus mean by the Holy Spirit will tell us things to come?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 11:24pm On Jul 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

My friend, I asked you questions that are still begging for answers.

Anyway, Jesus said it was expedient that He left for the Spirit to come. After He rose Je appeared to the disciples telling them to go and wait in Jerusalem to be empowered by the Spirit. The Spirit was initiated at the upper room, but spoke to the church through a mouth piece called apostle Paul.

Why couldn't Jesus say all things, rather He spoke in parables? He had to die, He had to pay the price to initiate Gentiles in to God's glory.
You see? Where on earth did they stuff you with these twisted teachings?

I thought you knew how to read but the Bible is clearly an exception...no insult or offense intended...trust me, none at all. Just plain conclusion after careful observation.

Read the Bible as you would A Tale of Two Cities. Get your own understanding, not a critic's.

Eat the Bible as you would any piece of cake. What matters is what it tastes like to you, not what they say it tastes like.

Let your understanding of the Bible be yours, not borrowed. Then, perhaps, you will understand it whenever you read it.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 4:59am On Jul 29, 2014
torchwave: You see? Where on earth did they stuff you with these twisted teachings?

I thought you knew how to read but the Bible is clearly an exception...no insult or offense intended...trust me, none at all. Just plain conclusion after careful observation.

Read the Bible as you would A Tale of Two Cities. Get your own understanding, not a critic's.

Eat the Bible as you would any piece of cake. What matters is what it tastes like to you, not what they say it tastes like.

Let your understanding of the Bible be yours, not borrowed. Then, perhaps, you will understand it whenever you read it.

Why lose sleep over where and how I got this and that from?

As wrong and strange as you think it sounds, you could not raise any scriptural rebuttal, so what exactly have you been feeding on?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 5:12am On Jul 29, 2014
mbaemeka: ^^^

I can't remember saying Peter was sent to the 'Gentiles'. I said Peter knew before Paul came into the scene that the gospel will be preached to the Gentiles. That's even besides the point.

What did Jesus mean by the Holy Spirit will tell us things to come?

I accept Peter knew and all the disciples knew they were sent to the world, but they could not go, they could not comprehend it. They held back preaching the gospel to Jews only, until Peter's trance came about. Paul became the minister appointed to the church by God.

As for your other question, there were secrets and mysteries hid in God. Deuteronomy 29:29

The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

These mysteries could not be revealed until physical Jesus pays the sacrificial price by his death and ascension. After the ascension of Christ, the mystery that was not revealed in the whole of the Old Testament or in the four gospels was revealed to Paul.

The Holy Spirit through Apostle Paul made us understand a new form of righteousness separate from the righteousness that come by the law.

Romans 3:21a

But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed....
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by Cephas06: 12:19am On Oct 03, 2015
We are all call read mathew 28:18-20

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Debunking The Lies Of The Jehovah's Witnesses That Jesus Didn't Resurrect Bodily / Pastor Convert/changes MFM Churuch To His Own / Biometric Verification Number + National ID Card With Mastercard = 666! SAY NO!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.