Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God (5911 Views)

Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 11:26am On Jul 24, 2014
Jesus said-John 6: 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I know God said He will speak through His word...

I know the Word is became flesh (Jesus)

I know the word is Spirit

I know apostle Paul held the office of the Holy Spirit to teach the church all truth that was promised. The Word is full, it's complete, it's sure.

Which other voice are you talking about.. I might be missing a thing.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 11:35am On Jul 24, 2014
Dlionsheart:

EXCELLENT!
THANK YOU!!
BUT,
what is fivefold ministry, sir.
thank you. I'm glad my post spoke to you, and it is all to the glory of God. smiley

Now your question. The fivefold ministry are the ministry gifts of grace given by Jesus to His body, the Church. They are leadership gifts Jesus gave to some to be responsible for the spiritual welfare of the saints. They are the offices of the:

1. Apostles

2. Prophets

3. Evangelists

4. Pastors and

5. Teachers (Ephesians 4:11)

They are ministerial gifts to the Church as well as individual Calling to serve in the vineyard of God.

The gift to a group of chosen people by God may be among any of the listed but the Calling to serve in any of that capacity is specific to each individual. For example, two different people may have the Prophetic ministry gift but their Callings (duty, specific assignments) as Prophets always differ.

Read Ephesians chapter 4 to gain more understanding on the fivefold ministry gifts.

I hope this helps but if you need more clarification concerning any part of my explanation, I shall be more than glad to oblige.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2014
^^ bro! I am not witch-hunting in any way, though it might seem like it. We can only make things clearer to each other, you don't have to accept what I say but make sure you check it up.

It isn't fivefold ministry but four-

Pastor/teacher is one and not two.

Just by the way.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi: Jesus said-John 6: 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

I know God said He will speak through His word...

I know the Word is became flesh (Jesus)

I know the word is Spirit

I know apostle Paul held the office of the Holy Spirit to teach the church all truth that was promised. The Word is full, it's complete, it's sure.

Which other voice are you talking about.. I might be missing a thing.

In the passage you quoted, you failed to observe the fact that the word 'spirit' has a small letter 's' as different from the Spirit of God with a capital 'S.' Jesus was trying to let us know that His Words give life because the body without the spirit is dead. In the same way, life without Him is dead. He said He came to give us life and that we may have it abundantly.

About the bolded, whoever told you that? #really shocked#

1 Like

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by JesusisLord85: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2014
DEagle1: In recent times Nigeria have been studded with 'Men of God' men and women alike, each with his own ministry and message. According to their presumed 'calling' and convinctions you see them bear various titles like reverend,pastor,prophet,apostle,grand father and so on; numerous to mention. Needless to add that they all claim to be called by God . I'm not here to critisize anybody, ministry faith or gathering but my question is: how does a man know he is called by God. Please do not hesitate to lend your voice, perhaps your pastor, reverend,prophet etc shared this with you or you even have first hand experience/encounter .It is open to all.

They are not called. They teach not the law, but doctrines of devils.

What is the truth?

Psalms 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth"

And why do you include women? Were they ever given instruction to be priests over the people?
I'm not talking about being a prophet, because there are different types of prophets. Numbers 12:8
Women ought to remain silent, and cover their darn heads when they pray. Do they even do this in your church? No!!! Rebellious in all their ways.

If they were called they would know and understand that God is regathering the lost sheep of the house of Israel and the house of Judah. They would teach that the laws and statutes are to be observed "from generation to generation"... And they would stop worshipping the false image of the white Jesus that our oppressors gave us.

Shalom
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
torchwave: In the passage you quoted, you failed to observe the fact that the word 'spirit' has a small letter 's' as different from the Spirit of God with a capital 'S.' Jesus was trying to let us know that His Words give life because the body without the spirit is dead. In the same way, life without Him is dead. He said He came to give us life and that we may have it abundantly.

About the bolded, whoever told you that? #really shocked#

You are yet to answer my question....

Where did God say we will hear Him through any voice asides through the word which is also the Spirit.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi:

You are yet to answer my question....

Where did God say we will hear Him through any voice asides through the word which is also the Spirit.
Maybe you deliberately ignored the verses I gave to backup my statement that God still speaks to His people.

Let me give you something to chew on. In those verses I quoted how do you suppose the Spirit of God teaches us His Word? How does the Spirit tell us about things to come, how does He testify to us about Christ, how does He direct us or guide us, how does He speak and tell us things He hears from God, what does it mean to hear what the Spirit has to say?

I have answered your question beyond any doubt. The only question I cannot answer is why it is difficult for you to accept that just as God spoke yesterday, He very much still speaks today.

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
torchwave: Maybe you deliberately ignored the verses I gave to backup my statement that God still speaks to His people.

Let me give you something to chew on. In those verses I quoted how do you suppose the Spirit of God teaches us His Word? How does the Spirit tell us about things to come, how does He testify to us about Christ, how does He direct us or guide us, how does He speak and tell us things He hears from God, what does it mean to hear what the Spirit has to say?

I have answered your question beyond any doubt. The only question I cannot answer is why it is difficult for you to accept that just as God spoke yesterday, He very much still speaks today.

No, no no... when God spoke to Moses, Abraham and other prophets in the past they heard audible voices. Hebrews 1:1 says God will speak to us today through His word.

Jesus said it is expedient that He left for the Spirit to come and lead us to all truth... The Spirt of Jesus rose, appeared to Paul and gave him a mandate to deliver the word of the Spirit to believers.

The Bible never said the Spirit will teach us scriptures by whispering or screaming in our ears. When we study, He works on it to give us understanding and to bring to remembrance what we read.

You are yet to show anything that says the Spirit will say anything asides from what the word is saying...

The word is actually the Spirit speaking... Any spirit speaking to you aside from what the word is saying is evil don't even teach such doctrine, it is from the deepest part of hell.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
shdemidemi:

No, no no... when God spoke to Moses, Abraham and other prophets in the past they heard audible voices. Hebrews 1:1 says God will speak to us today through His word.

Jesus said it is expedient that He left for the Spirit to come and lead us to all truth... The Spirt of Jesus rose, appeared to Paul and gave him a mandate to deliver the word of the Spirit to believers.

The Bible never said the Spirit will teach us scriptures by whispering or screaming in our ears. When we study, He works on it to give us understanding and to bring to remembrance what we read.

You are yet to show anything that says the Spirit will say anything asides from what the word is saying...

The word is actually the Spirit speaking... Any spirit speaking to you aside from what the word is saying is evil don't even teach such doctrine, it is from the deepest part of hell.
Your belief is that God doesn't speak personally to His people in this age except through His written Word, is that it? Okay. If you were confused about the choice of a life partner between, for example, Stephanie and Janet and you wanted God's will for you, how would you go about discovering God's perfect will for you between them by merely reading the Bible?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
torchwave: Your belief is that God doesn't speak personally to His people in this age except through His written Word, is that it? Okay. If you were confused about the choice of a life partner between, for example, Stephanie and Janet and you wanted God's will for you, how would you go about discovering God's perfect will for you between them by merely reading the Bible?

You have better stop believing that lie that a voice or a conviction from God will tell you if it is Stephanie or Janet. Those are all man made ideas that are not rooted in God.

Find a woman lost in God, you must also be lost in God to have a relationship guided and backed by heaven.

Enough lies about people who say they heard from God before picking up a spouse, yet the relationship end without seeing the light of day. The question should then be if God made a mistake or they forced their wishes and lust on 'God'.

Stick to God's word, it is definitely inerrant.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
torchwave: I want to ask you a question. How do people discover their gifts and Callings? If you have answered that before, please be kind to do that once again. I'd really appreciate it. I decided to let the argument with JMAN05 rest because I also perceived it would be endless.

I never came to argue with you, I just saw that Goshen was making a good point, yet you dont want to admit he was right. Even the scriptures you quote support his point than it does yours. I also want the discussion to be centered on how the scripture used the word "calling". That way, you will see his point, if you are ready to accept the truth.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by Emusan(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2014
JMAN05:

The fact is, all who have heavenly hope are called to that inheritance. The word "calling" is used for these group of anointed ones. The other sheep invitation to true worship is in no way to be exempted though.

This present claim that you are called to be a Pastor or Bishop is a deception. Granted, in the case of Paul, Jesus appointed him specifically for a ministry, but this is not going to be a pattern for all. Secondly, his appointment was to go and preach, not to separate himself and form/build his own church with his wife, with a contradictory doctrine, thereby creating a division among the body of Christ. The gifts are meant to strengthen the body, not to divide it.

Someone being an elder or overseer (which has been given a titular name Bishop/Pastor), is through appointment. 1 Tim 3:1-12 shows the quality one is to possess before appointment as an Elder or Overseer. (Note: a pastor is a spiritual shepherd. In the bible, it is the Elders that are assigned to perform that duty. Elder and Pastor are not meant to be a separate offices. The congregation is cared for by the elders/pastor[b]s[/b] NOT Pastor). So, when someone meets these qualifications as stated in the scriptures, he is appointed as an elder or shepherd/pastor. He does not need to stay and wait for when a "voice" will come and tell him that he has been appointed.

Again, all those saints with a heavenly hope are called into that privilege, to share as rulers with Christ. They also have to preach as ambassadors of Christ and invite others. that is the sense the word is used in the bible. You can not now become a pastor/bishop by special calling. You meet a certain scriptural requirement before you are appointed. Of course, in the beginning of Christianity, it is understandable that Jesus has to select people to start off the work. When Timothy started to preach and became an elder/pastor, Jesus didnt give him a special revelation, rather he accepted the goodnews by Paul, and was latter appointed to be an elder. And none of them went and established there own church, breaking away from there previous church.

Someone will say, didn't the bible say that some were gifted as prophets, evangelizers, shepherds and teachers. Eph 4:11. Yes, when Jesus ascended, he sent out the holy spirit, and people got different gifts. All those who got that holy spirit are called. However, this does not mean that they have all assumed dictatorial offices, nor does it now allow them to go and establish there own churches. No. In fact, when Paul sent Timothy to different congregations to make appointments of elders and "deacons", those he was going to appoint had received the different gifts by virtue of the holy spirit given them when they were born again. Yet, Timothy was going to appoint elders/pastors/shepherds from among them. It is these appointed men that take the lead in teaching and shepherding the "church". If timothy appoints based on the guideline given him, it is believed that God approves of the appointment. This madness of establishing man-and-wife family churches we see these days in the name of calling is so pathetic.

First time I will ever see using direct interpretation of Bible mind not the teaching of Watchtower gringrin

@Op
You can be called anyhow as God wants to use you. So leave people who claim they were called alone and work out your own SALVATION yourself.

The best question to ask as a Christian at this time of many CALLS is; the person standing before me claiming to be called by God, how can I know whether h/her claimed is genuine?

My Brother/Sister Jesus has given us the Spirit of discernment to know the TRUTH.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by Goshen360(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
We have many things to deal with in this thread....I tell y'all honestly.

torchwave has been making his teaching look like God had a seperate way(s) of SPEAKING to us TODAY. Lemme say this, everything God had to say is already said and wrapped in ONE source - HIS SON. Again, what torchwave is saying is a set of truth for the people of old covenant, NOT A COMPLETE TRUTH for us, under the new covenant. God doesn't call people out of the mountain like he did to Moses and some old testament prophets. Torchwave is only presenting a mixture teaching - what was obtainable under the old and apply to the new covenant Christians.

Hebrews 1:1-2. Living Bible (TLB)

1 Long ago God spoke in many different ways to our fathers through the prophets, in visions, dreams, and even face to face,[a] telling them little by little about his plans.

2 But now in these days he has spoken to us through his Son to whom he has given everything and through whom he made the world and everything there is.

People take scriptures like Jeremiah 1:5 to justify their callings. What was said here in Jeremiah 1:5 wasn't said to any other man but to Jeremiah. It wasn't the call or calling of Goshen or any other man, but Jeremiah's. Under the new covenant, every Christian is called but sent to do different thing. Your assignment (what you sent to do) varies in the gift (tools) you're endowed to work with. These is where the ministry gift comes in, teacher, apostle, evangelist, giving ministry, administrative, etc.

Lastly, Romans 8:30 completes and end this argument - Does it apply to leadership\ministry gifts only or to all Christians?

New International Version
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

New Living Translation
And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.

Every Christian that have come to Christ had yielded to the calling under a new testament. In Christ, you then find your gifting and assignment.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by manchesterboy: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Act 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

Act 10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

Act 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

Act 20:22-23 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: (23) Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

Act 21:4 And finding disciples, we tarried there seven days: who said to Paul through the Spirit, that he should not go up to Jerusalem.

Act 21:11 And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

God does not change (Heb 13:8, Mal 3:6, James 1:17) and so he is still speaking to his children today by several methods including using an audible voice. If you have never heard him speak to you, then check yourself well, you may not really be his child.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
^^^before going into response to those apostles who heard or had palpable influences by the Holy Spirit, I will like to ask one question.

When you heard God's voice, in what voice did it come_ was it in a man's voice, Girl's voice, baby's voice?

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by Goshen360(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
shdemidemi: ^^^before going into response to those apostles who heard or had palpable influences by the Holy Spirit, I will like to ask one question.

When you heard God's voice, in what voice did it come_ was it in a man's voice, Girl's voice, baby's voice?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 6:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
@manchesterboy

I will go on to address your earlier quotes where the Holy Spirit/God spoke to the Apostles. When we say God is speaking through His WORD(Jesus) today, it does not mean it is restricted to the word that came out of the mouth of the man Jesus. In fact, the word He spoke after He rose are much more relevant to us today than what He spoke in the flesh.

The last man He saw after He rose was a certain Apostle Paul, this was the conversation they had-
Acts 26
15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; (meaning things I will show and tell you)

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

He sent apostle Paul to deliver His message-

Upon these apostles the foundation of the church was built
Ephesians 2

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

There is no foundation to be built today, therefore, for Jesus to appear to you and I today will be needless. If we must hear from Christ today, we must go back to the Word.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
Goshen360: We have many things to deal with in this thread....I tell y'all honestly.

torchwave has been making his teaching look like God had a seperate way(s) of SPEAKING to us TODAY. Lemme say this, everything God had to say is already said and wrapped in ONE source - HIS SON. Again, what torchwave is saying is a set of truth for the people of old covenant, NOT A COMPLETE TRUTH for us, under the new covenant.
Please go back to the Bible. Is it not written that the Law was a shadow of things to come, not the substance itself? Read Hebrews chapter 10. If under the old covenant, where access to the Holies was restricted to just one person, the High priest, if under the old covenant where the Holy Spirit had not been poured out on the believers where God still talked to His people through spiritually imperfect vessels like the prophets and priests who had been given the Holy Spirit in measure (just them), then how much more will God talk to those under the new covenant where access to the Holies is now open to all seeing that the curtain was rent in two when Jesus died signifying freedom and access to God, how much more will God talk to us having poured out His Holy Spirit to ALL (not just prophets and priests alone in the old covenant) WITHOUT MEASURE? Are you saying that the blood of bulls and goats that cleansed sins externally under the old covenant is far better than the blood of Jesus that cleanses us spiritually being spotless?

Hebrews 8:6 - But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

God doesn't call people out of the mountain like he did to Moses and some old testament prophets. Torchwave is only presenting a mixture teaching - what was obtainable under the old and apply to the new covenant Christians.

[i]Hebrews 1:1-2. Living Bible (TLB)

1 Long ago God spoke in many different ways to our fathers through the prophets, in visions, dreams, and even face to face,[a] telling them little by little about his plans.

2 But now in these days he has spoken to us through his Son to whom he has given everything and through whom he made the world and everything there is.
God calls us in the way He chooses. He does not have a particular rigid method of getting our attention. Before I go further, I want to remind you that there is a general calling to everybody and a specific Calling to certain individuals. I have made that clear in my previous posts.

Now, don't you think that if under the Law which was a model of the real thing, the exact but imperfect shape of what is to be built in the future, God gave calling to certain people, His watchmen, to make known His Words, how much more, then, will God give the same calling to certain individuals in the New Covenant which is the real thing, the substance itself where the Law was just a shadow? When you want to build a park or a house, you first make a model of what you want to build. However, the model cannot replace the real thing which is far better though both are not different in shape. That is the analogy between the Old Covenant, the model, and the New Covenant, the real thing itself or the substance.

About the Scripture you quoted, I do not disagree with you. Yes, that is the whole essence of the New Covenant. However, in the words of Jesus Himself in John 16

12 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

If the Words of Christ were meant to be the complete instruction of God to us, why then did Christ say He still had many things to say but that the Holy Spirit would be the one to tell us?

People take scriptures like Jeremiah 1:5 to justify their callings. What was said here in Jeremiah 1:5 wasn't said to any other man but to Jeremiah. It wasn't the call or calling of Goshen or any other man, but Jeremiah's. Under the new covenant, every Christian is called but sent to do different thing. Your assignment (what you sent to do) varies in the gift (tools) you're endowed to work with. These is where the ministry gift comes in, teacher, apostle, evangelist, giving ministry, administrative, etc.
Proves beyond all doubt you have less than little understanding and application of the Scriptures is all I can tell you here. I will not waste words on correcting your notion on the universality of the application of God's Words to His people. Read the Word of God and tell me His Words to Isaiah, Jeremiah, Moses, Ezekiel, Peter, Paul, etc were meant for them alone and them only.

Lastly, Romans 8:30 completes and end this argument - Does it apply to leadership\ministry gifts only or to all Christians?

New International Version
And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

New Living Translation
And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.
This is an example of general calling to the body of Christ, whether leaders or followers. It says nothing about specific people. It talks about those who accept Christ into their lives. General in application.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
shdemidemi: ^^^before going into response to those apostles who heard or had palpable influences by the Holy Spirit, I will like to ask one question.

You choose. The voice of Jesus or His Spirit that spoke to the Apostles, was it a man's voice, girl's voice or baby's voice?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by torchwave: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2014
Shdemidemi, it is needless attempting to show you the truth of the Word because your mind is chocked full of misinterpretation of the Word and dogmas. You have not for once proved your claim that God does not speak today. You are yet to convincingly convince anyone through the Scriptures as I have done that God is silent in our age.

Since you have nothing more to offer than your personal erroneous conviction of the impossibility of God talking today, I leave you to your opinion.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2014
torchwave: You choose. The voice of Jesus or His Spirit that spoke to the Apostles, was it a man's voice, girl's voice or baby's voice?

Paul didn't mince words when he heard Jesus speak to him, neither did the other apostles. When they latched unto what the spirit was doing as well, the bible makes it clear.

What voice exactly do you hear? I don't think that should be difficult to answer, considering you seemingly make it sound like you get constant convo from him outside the Word(deity).
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
torchwave: Shdemidemi, it is needless attempting to show you the truth of the Word because your mind is chocked full of misinterpretation of the Word and dogmas. You have not for once proved your claim that God does not speak today. You are yet to convincingly convince anyone through the Scriptures as I have done that God is silent in our age.

Since you have nothing more to offer than your personal erroneous conviction of the impossibility of God talking today, I leave you to your opinion.

I am yet to find a reason why you would say my mind is chocked and all of that, you also said I have misinterpreted scriptures. If I have, please show me whr I did. Remember, no one knows it all; your best point might be someone else’s starting point.

I have little confidence/poise in those people who speak of having received direct revelations
from the Lord, as though he appeared otherwise than by and through the sacred scriptures. His word 
is so full, so perfect, that for God to make any fresh revelation/expośe to you or me is quite needless.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by twosquare(m): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
DEagle1: In recent times Nigeria have been studded with 'Men of God' men and women alike, each with his own ministry and message. According to their presumed 'calling' and convinctions you see them bear various titles like reverend,pastor,prophet,apostle,grand father and so on; numerous to mention. Needless to add that they all claim to be called by God . I'm not here to critisize anybody, ministry faith or gathering but my question is: how does a man know he is called by God. Please do not hesitate to lend your voice, perhaps your pastor, reverend,prophet etc shared this with you or you even have first hand experience/encounter .It is open to all.
when God calls you,you will know....there is no definite way God uses to call a Man....He speak via many things;you can flow into it,it may be via voice,angelic visitation,symbols,encounters....GOD is not limited.....GOD who hath sundry times and in diverse manners.....shalom!
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
twosquare: when God calls you,you will know....there is no definite way God uses to call a Man....He speak via many things;you can flow into it,it may be via voice,angelic visitation,symbols,encounters....GOD is not limited.....GOD who hath sundry times and in diverse manners.....shalom!

My brother, which Christian isn't called?

What voice did Timothy here?

What voice did Philemon hear?

What symbol did silas flow into?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by twosquare(m): 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
shdemidemi:

My brother, which Christian isn't called?

What voice did Timothy here?

What voice did Philemon hear?

What symbol did silas flow into?

am not talking about general calling....am talking of being chosen(called) into an office(which many call 5-fold).......and about flowing into something....when you move with folks who carries a calling,there is every probability you be a partaker of their assignment(heaven may see your heart&ordain you).....you begin to have encounters. For truly many are called but few are chosen.....

Listen to paul's testimony,Acts 22:14,
so,it's possible to hear His voice.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
twosquare: am not talking about general calling....am talking of being chosen(called) into an office(which many call 5-fold).......and about flowing into something....when you move with folks who carries a calling,there is every probability you be a partaker of their assignment(heaven may see your heart&ordain you).....you begin to have encounters. For truly many are called but few are chosen.....

Listen to paul's testimony,Acts 22:14,
so,it's possible to hear His voice.

Philemon, Titus, Timothy were not ordinary in any sense, they were real soldiers of the Word of God. Paul delegated the office of appointing elders and putting order in the churches they started.

Now, Paul was the last person Jesus physically appeared to in scriptures... He was not just a Christian, he was the mouth piece of the Holy Spirit, he was the harbinger of the gospel of grace/ gospel of God to the church.

Paul did not for once tell Timothy or anyone for that matter to wait for any fresh revelation, rather he admonished them to stick to what he had taught them, He urged them to study, study and study some more to know the different dimensions of God's will.

None of them ever came up with any form of epiphany asides what they were taught. Where did the present Christian get the idea of hearing directly from a God asides His word from?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by twosquare(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
shdemidemi:

Philemon, Titus, Timothy were not ordinary in any sense, they were real soldiers of the Word of God. Paul delegated the office of appointing elders and putting order in the churches they started.

Now, Paul was the last person Jesus physically appeared to in scriptures... He was not just a Christian, he was the mouth piece of the Holy Spirit, he was the harbinger of the gospel of grace/ gospel of God to the church.

Paul did not for once tell Timothy or anyone for that matter to wait for any fresh revelation, rather he admonished them to stick to what he had taught them, He urged them to study, study and study some more to know the different dimensions of God's will.

None of them ever came up with any form of epiphany asides what they were taught. Where did the present Christian get the idea of hearing directly from a God asides His word from?
i believe you're a Nigerian...don't let me journey into the Biblical world...let me start from folks like you and me.....one great Apostle like that....Apostle Ayọ Babalọla narrated how he was called....it was via an audible voice....an illiterate who doesn't know anything about scriptures or bible. An audible voice from the Lord,he was taught by the Lord,wrought wonders,signs&miracles in the 1930s....that's an african folk
Yet you can't deny most apostles were called by Jesus,some disciples flow into it....perhaps,we never can tell,maybe Titus,Timothy had such encounters,but since we have none of their letters....we can't come into conclusion about them....But sir,people are still being called...it's real and i'm a living witness.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
twosquare: i believe you're a Nigerian...don't let me journey into the Biblical world...let me start from folks like you and me.....one great Apostle like that....Apostle Ayọ Babalọla narrated how he was called....it was via an audible voice....an illiterate who doesn't know anything about scriptures or bible. An audible voice from the Lord,he was taught by the Lord,wrought wonders,signs&miracles in the 1930s....that's an african folk
Yet you can't deny most apostles were called by Jesus,some disciples flow into it....perhaps,we never can tell,maybe Titus,Timothy had such encounters,but since we have none of their letters....we can't come into conclusion about them....But sir,people are still being called...it's real and i'm a living witness.

No, we certainly know how Paul picked Timothy up and God wouldn't forget to tell us if He appeared to any of them after appearing to Paul.

As for mr Ayo babalola, we can only hear his experience, it is never a standard for our Christian walk. Experiences are unique to individuals, they are not sure, they come and go, they are not generic. But, we have a more sure Word of prophecy that is sure, cannot fail, cannot lie, forever valid.

Peter also had an experience at the mount of transfiguration, but Peter articulates to his listeners that, as great as his experience was on the mount of transfiguration, there was something more sure and steadfast for him to build his life and faith upon. It is as though Peter says, “As great as the experience on the mount of transfiguration was, it was fleeting and temporal. I have a word that is more sure and enduring than my experience on the mountaintop. This is a word that you can count on to be reliable forever!”
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by twosquare(m): 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
shdemidemi:

No, we certainly know how Paul picked Timothy up and God wouldn't forget to tell us if He appeared to any of them after appearing to Paul.

As for mr Ayo babalola, we can only hear his experience, it is never a standard for our Christian walk. Experiences are unique to individuals, they are not sure, they come and go, they are not generic. But, we have a more sure Word of prophecy that is sure, cannot fail, cannot lie, forever valid.

Peter also had an experience at the mount of transfiguration, but Peter articulates to his listeners that, as great as his experience was on the mount of transfiguration, there was something more sure and steadfast for him to build his life and faith upon. It is as though Peter says, “As great as the experience on the mount of transfiguration was, it was fleeting and temporal. I have a word that is more sure and enduring than my experience on the mountaintop. This is a word that you can count on to be reliable forever!”
no need for much word,and this i know,GOD can call anyone for an assignment....saying that God doesn't call folks is like saying there is nothing like angelic visitation.
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
twosquare: no need for much word,and this i know,GOD can call anyone for an assignment....saying that God doesn't call folks is like saying there is nothing like angelic visitation.

Sometimes, we think we know somethings but we just might not know the thing or not know it well enough. If you say there are angelic visitation, there must have been precedence of such within the early church in scripture.

Have you any instance of such event?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by twosquare(m): 8:45pm On Jul 26, 2014
shdemidemi:

Sometimes, we think we know somethings but we just might not know the thing or not know it well enough. If you say there are angelic visitation, there must have been precedence of such within the early church in scripture.

Have you any instance of such event?
are you saying nothing like such?
Re: How Does One Know He/she Is Called By God by shdemidemi(m): 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
twosquare: are you saying nothing like such?

Yes, I am.

NB: I did not say before the church, I.e among the Jews. I am saying within the church, like the church in Thessalonica, Rome, phillipi, Corinth, collosse, Ephesus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? / Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? / Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.