Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? (20038 Views)

The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD / Which Is Worse: Greed Or Selfishness / Our Police And Illiteracy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by smudge2079(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2014
Both of dem
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Opiosko: 8:29am On Jul 16, 2014
Obanleowo: illiteracy is a disease which a doctor cant cure.
Illiteracy is not a disease, ignorance is. Stop confusing both of them.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by crusader01(m): 8:31am On Jul 16, 2014
No difference! If you are literate and lack exposure,you will still be called an illiterate.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by jonescyras(m): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2014
Leetunechi: Most of nairalanders are exposed to the internet

but they are illiterate undecided
. If they are illiterates, would they type or reply atall? . Pls look up the meaning of illetracy in your dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Afrocatalyst: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2014
lawrenzez: do u understand d question? lipsrsealed

yes I did.

#seethecuphalffull.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 16, 2014
Omo na illiterate worse pass oo.an illiterate can never b exposed....illiterate will av an ipad bt dnt knw Ao to use internet.illiterate will find it difficult to mingle with exposed pple because dy will av different mentality
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 16, 2014
Ceasar1:
Wow! Are you really saying this?

Lol.. maybe you don't have any idea what an illiterate ‘Looks’ like Bro.

Literacy is simply the ability to read and write. . . while exposure on its own is a form Informal education.

Now you know Education is essentially greater than Literacy so what gives? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by AriDsexy(f): 8:38am On Jul 16, 2014
Karleb:

I mean, it's better to be an illiterate than to lack exposure.

R u for real...how is it better to be an illiterate than to lack exposure?When d latter is something that can be corrected without so much stress.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by QuiverBox(f): 8:41am On Jul 16, 2014
BOTH
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 16, 2014
education is not all about spending years in schools, every act of enlightenment and acquiring of knowledge is education.
lack of exposure is semi-literacy. Exposure, acquiring of skills, enlightenment, etc can make an illiterate knowledgeable and educated in one or several fields even without school certificates.
lack of exposure is another recognizable brand of illiteracy, , , as witnessed in many job interviews.

7 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Opiosko: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Akalia: There is no shame in lack of exposure,just that the person maybe naïve in some facets of life but will catch up with time but illiteracy is shameful;can't read or write, even with exposure, this illiterate will mess himself/herself up in the public.
Son illiteracy is just inability to read or write, not lack of wit or intelligence. There are many illiterate but successful people whose level of wisdom are unmatched in many areas of life. Lack of esposure on the other hand is someone who is limited in his views both in time nd space. He is an ignorant fellow, a sincere ignoramus...and, 'there is nothing worst than sincere ignorance' Martin Luther Jnr.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by anonimi: 8:46am On Jul 16, 2014
Lack of EXPOSURE as in having an INQUSITIVE mind always that asks questions of EVERYTHING is worse off.

There are so many "illiterate" people who are much wiser and CONTROL those who claim to be literate (can read & write/educated) because they are EXPOSED.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by soulglo: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2014
Nothing more sad than an ignorant educated person. A formal education is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I'd rather be friends with a person with no formal education than an unexposed formally educated person who has no original thought or belief of their own. These are the type of people that cannot make a decision without their pastor or parents. They are existing not living. Filling up space and not contributing anything to the human race.

8 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by clemz85(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2014
mynameisjade: To me they are both the same thing....
I recently had someone ask me what a Ferrari mean/was same dude has an IPAD,DSTV n lots of gadjects lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

YUDONTMEANIT!!! so what dd U ans him?
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2014
Kaeboy: Omo na illiterate worse pass oo.an illiterate can never b exposed....illiterate will av an ipad bt dnt knw Ao to use internet.illiterate will find it difficult to mingle with exposed pple because dy will av different mentality

There are many illiterate alhajis who are very rich business men.
When they need to do anything basic with gadgets they get educated on the few steps and they do their thing themselves each time. Thats exposure for you. cheesy
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by rattlesnake(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2014
Almost the same
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by eminemkayc: 8:53am On Jul 16, 2014
Iv observd keenly tht most people interprete the word 'illiterate' in the entirely wrong context. A literate specifically nd primarily is one who can read and write. An illiterate, obtaind frm the two words 'ill' nd 'literate', therefore, lacks literal ability. The fact that a certain leader's bride cannot construct good tenses in public myt nt automatically make her an illiterate as she myt be LITERATE in the true sense of the word!
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Mubby4luv(m): 8:54am On Jul 16, 2014
Chaii both ov them are Bastards. I ve tangled wit both personals.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Opiosko: 8:58am On Jul 16, 2014
Kaeboy: Omo na illiterate worse pass oo.an illiterate can never b exposed....illiterate will av an ipad bt dnt knw Ao to use internet.illiterate will find it difficult to mingle with exposed pple because dy will av different mentality
Oboy illiteracy no mean say d person no get sense o!, e just mean say d person no get opportunity go skul. Check dos granpa nd granma for villa, u go see some sharp ones wey go give u advise wey go make u succeed in life. For unexposed person, oboy dem fit born person for New york, Eko or Paris and d person fit still be mugu, i mean correct mugu. So no be only ur village peeps dey lact esposure, it's a kind of mental deficiency.

4 Likes

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2014
Most peeps on 'Politics section' are not exposed. grin Especially tribalist(s).

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Jbenue: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2014
But what is the definition of illiteracy?? They way its used on Nairaland is a keen to being stupyd. A person writes a well grammared statement with a no errors and is called an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2014
tuffgongjo: gimme a well known example.
When I said great people , I don't mean people that are recognised by social media : ..... I will check google database for ''illiterate great men'' later kinda busy now but have this :

This is a typical example if u use banks very well :

There are these old men who are great bank customers maybe as landlords , business men, son abroad..... .... They can't even write their names because teller fills in everything for them and he will collect to vet .... ( he knows when his teller is not right)

If you hear this type of men , they know the history of Nigeria from independence till date , everything is in their brain and they will tell you how much they have travelled far and wide ....

They will tell you they woulda been more successful than where they are if they can read and write ....

In fact I witnessed an Illiterate old man in one of Firstbank Branches transacting western union in a bank ..... He has a son abroad cheesy

Those are great men in their own spheres also are Great African kings of centuries before colonialisation , they don't read nor write , but they 've done a lot of great inventions that even oyinbo stole in latter years ......

They are unrecognised great men, their works speak volumes !!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now,

Go to your or a village and check out how dumb are these village champions who can read and write but has spend the substantial part of their life in one place , doing one thing within few huts !!

Come back and report to Nairaland, your observations !!

Thankyou !!
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by kaima1984(f): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2014
dewaledipo: Diamond Bank is the greatest robbers of all times. they have managed to blacklist me on amazon with their gross ineptitude and lack of concern for their customers. when i called their call centre, i was told that the money would be returned but up till date they have not returned my money or pay amazon.com. After complaining severally at their branch in okeilewo abeokuta. nothing has been done. Diamond Bank Oleeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!![size=15pt][/size]
Sorry abt dat,keep pestering dem
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by bbello28(m): 9:10am On Jul 16, 2014
mynameisjade: To me they are both the same thing....
I recently had someone ask me what a Ferrari mean/was same dude has an IPAD,DSTV n lots of gadjects lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
grin tell him ferrari is a new type of biscuit manufactured by [size=25pt]YALE FOOD[/size] gringringringrin
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Opiosko: 9:12am On Jul 16, 2014
donroxy: When I said great people , I don't mean people that are recognised by social media : ..... I will check google database for ''illiterate great men'' later kinda busy now but have this :

This is a typical example if u use banks very well :

There are these old men who are great bank customers maybe as landlords , business men, son abroad..... .... They can't even write their names because teller fills in everything for them and he will collect to vet .... ( he knows when his teller is not right)

If you hear this type of men , they know the history of Nigeria from independence till date , everything is in their brain and they will tell you how much they have travelled far and wide ....

They will tell you they woulda been more successful than where they are if they can read and write ....

In fact I witnessed an Illiterate old man in one of Firstbank Branches transacting western union in a bank ..... He has a son abroad cheesy

Those are great men in their own spheres also are Great African kings of centuries before colonialisation , they don't read nor write , but they 've done a lot of great inventions that even oyinbo stole in latter years ......

They are unrecognised great men, their works speak volumes !!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Now,

Go to your or a village and check out how dumb are these village champions who can read and write but has spend the substantial part of their life in one place , doing one thing within few huts !!

Come back and report to Nairaland, your observations !!

Thankyou !!
One famous inventor is, i tink Henry Ford.. Not sure abt d name, google it up if u hav d time.

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Harmvirus(f): 9:14am On Jul 16, 2014
They are almost the same to me

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Jabioro: 9:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Exposure and illiteracy,can't be compared..illiteracy is a cancer while d lacks of exposure can be manage.
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Deattorney: 9:18am On Jul 16, 2014
donroxy: Lack of exposure is worse-off !!

My Grandma is an illiterate but you can never win her in the game of life because she is well exposed !!!

There are many literate people that are so dumb because they never think beyond their village and Nairaland is a great example of where they are !!!
Gbam!!

1 Like

Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by Deattorney: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2014
donroxy: Lack of exposure is worse-off !!

My Grandma is an illiterate but you can never win her in the game of life because she is well exposed !!!

There are many literate people that are so dumb because they never think beyond their village and Nairaland is a great example of where they are !!!
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by bbello28(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2014
patience jonathan grin "so do I av 2 signature dis [size=20pt]cerfiticate[/size] grin lack of exposure
2 parents come for ya children...d 1st lady is calling yu..wil ya keep queit? Nooooo... Chei dia ris god o grin on air
illiteracy grin
Re: Lack of exposure and Illiteracy which is worse off? by duby91(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2014
See eh...i think lack of exposure is worse and very shameful. you're educated and not exposed...you will always be lost or stay carrying last all the time cos of lack of exposure in some situations. and i don't think being exposed makes one a literate either although it could reduce the illiteracy level to an extent...depends. both are terrible o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The Craziest And Out-of-character Thing You've Ever Done? / How Do I Get My Nigeria National Id Card? / Name One Social Media Slang You Dislike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.