Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,466 members, 7,836,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ (18299 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Proffesional Training With New Weapons / Kano Bombings: Give Weapons To Igbos For Self-defence - Ezeife / Story Behind Nigerian Girl Getting New Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by okotv(m): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
liongirl: any tipbon whay he should expect
...cant really say but if he has a strong heart he will make it through cause even my cousin who passed through it was not the bravest but he made it.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by delishpot: 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
Shit don dey smell for their nose! na now dem want wash toilet.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by delishpot: 9:50pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2:
They played ''peace keeping'' roles not combat roles in those operations, and they were dealing with ''rebels'' not ''insurgents'' or terrorists, they also collaborated with international forces.
A lot of differences, now go and do your homework!

Una been dey fight before bros? grin
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Litmus: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2014
From drawing board to production two years.

[size=14pt]The 'Bargain' Fighter Jet for Austere Times or short term stop-gap procurement [/size]

[img]http://images.bwbx.io/cms/2013-09-17/0917_Scorpion_Jet_630x420.jpg[/img]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzS-N112eFI?version=3&autohide=1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28310032

When fiscal times are tight, some defense contractors load up on lobbyists and tout all the work they’ve spread around the country. Others have a different approach: make a cheaper fighter jet. That’s the thinking behind the new Scorpion, a “versatile Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Strike aircraft platform,” unveiled today by Textron AirLand, a joint venture between Textron (TXT) and AirLand Enterprises.

“The Scorpion is designed to accommodate the increasingly stringent budget constraints of the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. partner nations,” the companies said today in a news release. No word on the sticker price; Textron began developing the jet on spec in January 2012 and hopes also to sell it abroad. The Rhode Island company builds Bell helicopters, Cessna business jets and golf carts, too.

Textron may have found a market niche here: Lockheed Martin’s (LMT) F-22 Raptor fighter and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter have caused Uncle Sam budget heartburn for years. The latter plane, for example, is the Pentagon’s largest weapons program—and is approaching a total cost of $400 billion.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-17/a-bargain-fighter-jet-for-austere-times
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by liongirl: 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
okotv: ...cant really say but if he has a strong heart he will make it through cause even my cousin who passed through it was not the bravest but he made it.
thanks amillion and take care
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by komekn(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
evegran: Honestly, I don't enjoy people esp Nigerians mocking the first lady. She's an illiterate? So? Her husband loves her and that's all that should matter. Okay fine, as a first lady who's gonna be involved in public speaking - I'd rather she takes professional classes in english. But she thinks other wise, its her life. We should totally learn to stop mocking her, I just don't find the jokes funny.

If you take a job and you find you do not have the competence and or capacity to deliver it, you keep quite.

Proverbs 17:28English Standard Version (ESV)

28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise;
when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Patience is far from the most educated of 1st Lady Nigeria has had but even they chose to respect their husbands, the nation and themselves by keeping quite.

Its nobody's fault but her own her own antics right in the public domain have brought not only her to ridicule but the whole nation.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2014
komekn:

If you take a job and you find you do not have the competence and or capacity to deliver it, you keep quite.

Proverbs 17:28English Standard Version (ESV)

28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise;
when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Patience is far from the most educated of 1st Lady Nigeria has had but even they chose to respect their husbands, the nation and themselves by keeping quite.

Its nobody's fault but her own her own antics right in the public domain have brought not only her to ridicule but the whole nation.
I was simply stating my feelings regardless. Oh and its "quiet" not quite. You're welcome! smiley
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by komekn(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
evegran: I was simply stating my feelings regardless. Oh and its "quiet" not quite. You're welcome! smiley

Thanks for educating me, "quiet" not quite
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by somebody90: 4:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
“Most people want jobs, if that job means joining the Army, fine; it’s a source of employment, but when the reality of military service comes, he drops his rifle and runs away.” Gen Minimah
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by somebody90: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
“Most people want jobs, if that job means joining the Army, fine; it’s a source of employment, but when the reality of military service comes, he drops his rifle and runs away.” Gen Minimah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's N7.6bn Loot / Massive ADC Rally In ONDO KINGDOM / Return All Our Stolen Artifacts - Lai Mohammed Warns Foreign Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.