Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,447 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ (18298 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Proffesional Training With New Weapons / Kano Bombings: Give Weapons To Igbos For Self-defence - Ezeife / Story Behind Nigerian Girl Getting New Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 9:46am On Jul 15, 2014
leofab: lol big difference between insurgents and rebels, the biafra soldiers in the nigerian civil war are Rebels; rebels fight to occupy an AOR while insurgents hit and run. Rebels don't target the civilian populace but they target the military

Like seriously. U have never heard that insurgents have taken over a particular AOR. Lets talk about our local BH. You mean u dont know BH had taken over so many communities and hoisted thier flags before the military offensive. Please tell me something new.

Insurgent(noun): A rebel or revolutionary.

Rebel(noun): A person who rises in opposition or armed resistance against an established government or ruler.

Not much of a difference,They both the same.

The 1st definition clearly calls an insurgent a rebel. Looool
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by tonychristopher: 9:57am On Jul 15, 2014
NEW EQUIPMENT AINT THE MAIN THING BUT NEW MORALE

THEY NEED MORALE NOT EQUIPMENT...BIAFRAN DIDNT FIGHT WITH SOPHISTICATED EQUIPMENT THEY FOUGHT WITH SOPHISTICATED MARALE
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nwanneluv(f): 9:58am On Jul 15, 2014
This piece of information is not meant for public consumption If they want to achieve result. They are making the fight look like a child's play. Na wa o!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 10:01am On Jul 15, 2014
mvem: ......guy u re the illeterate...The fighting with rebels are still conventional warfare not assymettrical as the terrorist....A strong country can use shear strength to defeat a rebel group..i know d brutality dat was committed by rebels in liberia,dat was actually to scare the people...But this rebels have known leaders,dey re willing to negotiate,they do trade diamonds for weapons...They had a known structure.But when u re dealing with terrorist dat want to introduce a caliphate with pure sharia,how do u see dat....The rebels were brutal but still wanted to talk,dey wanted something.....okay, what do bokoharam wants or alquaeda.....dis terrorist are people dat survives with instability....The warfare u use for terrorist(insurgents) are different from a rebel group...US has been in Afghanistan since 2001(13 years) but still cant contain taliban.Because the taliban fights in a different manner,any army not accustomed to gueirrlla warfare or assymetrical cant fight dat even though u have d planes,numbers and weapons.....same as bokoharam,what d US army is doing to contain insurgency and terrorism is d use of special forces,intelligence(CIA) and dere drones not conventional army as we re using....i know we tried in liberia but guy dis is a totally different warfare.As d guy said above rebels have a face and have a sought of a standing army,terrorist(insurgents) are faceless,with complex networks and no known numbers of der fighters.

Ode ni e I swear.....usually,I don't say stuffs like dat here but I just had to use dat word in ur case.....i stopped reading your epistle when u said Rebels av a leader and are ready to negotiate.....so I put it to u that:- don't u know shekau is d BH leader?....or are u just ignorant of d fact dat he planned to negotiate and even stated his terms to FG and all of dat?.....so how is their mode of operation in this sense different from rebels?.....please think well before u talk jare

wait...I just read another part of your jargons......terrorists survive in instability.....,so u mean na inside stability na him rebels dey take survive?.... . double face palm for you
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Ela59: 10:18am On Jul 15, 2014
Getting new weapon is not the solution to the problem, but the solution is, they should be train on (1) How to use it (2) Where to use it and finally (3) When to you it. Because the more arsenal you accrued, more crime are breeds.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by princenayo: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2014
It is a good move to eradicate Insurgence in this country.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 10:23am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:

Ode ni e I swear.....usually,I don't say stuffs like dat here but I just had to use dat word in ur case.....i stopped reading your epistle when u said Rebels av a leader and are ready to negotiate.....so I put it to u that:- don't u know shekau is d BH leader?....or are u just ignorant of d fact dat he planned to negotiate and even stated his terms to FG and all of dat?.....so how is their mode of operation in this sense different from rebels?.....please think well before u talk jare

wait...I just read another part of your jargons......terrorists survive in instability.....,so u mean na inside stability na him rebels dey take survive?.... . double face palm for you

Stop wasting your time on people that have obviously taken sides with the Government and obviously allowing sentiments becloud thier judgements

2 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by niceeric(m): 10:31am On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:

Stop wasting your time on people that have obviously taken sides with the Government and obviously allowing sentiments becloud thier judgements
hmmm.....true talk...God bless u my brother...
the future of the country with people like those guys still existing is seriously in jeopardy....God help us.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by LajaLaba: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Hahahaha what a laugh grin trust me they are not ready to end this!!!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by soldierdollar(m): 10:38am On Jul 15, 2014
lol. They don buy new weapons. And so what?
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2014
If the army will be getting new weapons, then it implies the old weapons have been stolen by Boko haram insurgents. Boko haram will be making moves to steal the new ones and will make a documentary video about their success
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by mvem(m): 11:18am On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric:

.......D shekau d SSS says he is not alife. Am not supporting any FG but get my point.When i mean rebels have leaders,u suppose to understand what i mean.Rebels are much more open and more ready to negotiate.There leaders can grant interviews,dey fight what dey deem right.They might be rational...my annoyance is comparing liberia/sierra leone war with dis bokoharam...Dnt u know dat terrorism is a new phenomenom in Nigeria and part of Africa as a whole....D country even had to retrain some units in d army in d art of dis new warfare...When d COAS is sayin dis kind of enemy is a new one and new to d security of dis nation do u think he is joking...What i mean is we re dealing with irrational people,dey wont negotiate.If u use our successes in Congo and liberia to compare dis new act of terrorism or insurgency den u re wrong...but certainly you talk stupidely.....Okay u say BH want to negotiate,i wonder what and who will do the negotiation on der side....Der agenda is a Jihad,islamize as much land as possible,how will ur Government negotiate with dose kind of people.Shekau truly might be a leader,but how much is known about him and he still remains mysterious abi.....compare dis to oda rebel group around d world and contrast it with terrorist orgainization....My point is ur bad comparison between two different wars or enemies.....

2 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by C0llynzO2: 11:50am On Jul 15, 2014
mvem: .......D shekau d SSS says he is not alife. Am not supporting any FG but get my point.When i mean rebels have leaders,u suppose to understand what i mean.Rebels are much more open and more ready to negotiate.There leaders can grant interviews,dey fight what dey deem right.They might be rational...my annoyance is comparing liberia/sierra leone war with dis bokoharam...Dnt u know dat terrorism is a new phenomenom in Nigeria and part of Africa as a whole....D country even had to retrain some units in d army in d art of dis new warfare...When d COAS is sayin dis kind of enemy is a new one and new to d security of dis nation do u think he is joking...What i mean is we re dealing with irrational people,dey wont negotiate.If u use our successes in Congo and liberia to compare dis new act of terrorism or insurgency den u re wrong...but certainly you talk stupidely.....Okay u say BH want to negotiate,i wonder what and who will do the negotiation on der side....Der agenda is a Jihad,islamize as much land as possible,how will ur Government negotiate with dose kind of people.Shekau truly might be a leader,but how much is known about him and he still remains mysterious abi.....compare dis to oda rebel group around d world and contrast it with terrorist orgainization....My point is ur bad comparison between two different wars or enemies.....
Don't waste your time with him any further.
You will only end up repeating yourself over and over again, that was why I stopped replying him.
The very obvious facts have been said here, if he wants to remain in ignorance, rhere is nothing you can do unfortunately.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by rahimmatt01: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2014
good news though but i dont think this should b made public.. all the strategies should be on the low.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Babare(m): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2014
Too much grammar everywhere and everyone forming learned, mostly via guesses.

THE SCHOOL OF THOUGHT THAT SAYS REBELS ARE DIFFERENT FROM INSURGENTS SHOULD EITHER CHECK THE DICTIONARY TO CONFIRM THEIR FLAW... OR BETTER STILL, PUBLISH A NEW.DICTIONARY WHICH UPHOLDS THEIR FLAW.

Whatever style or approach a group adopts, for their safety, is not a determinant of what name you call them. Nigerians... Ha ba!!! Oversabi everywhere...

Rebels are against government, insurgents are against government.. Then how are they not together. Educate yourselves before posting here.

Watch CNN, NATGEOWILD, ALJAZERA to learn...

Anyway, that is not our problem. Ours is conquering bokoharam. The Army is definitely not ready and united to end this shit.

Don't bother quoting me...
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
I hope this changes anything.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by babadem2much(m): 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
All na wash, is it now that he woke up from his slumber after loosing thousands of men in a childs play battle that we Nigerians know that the Army we have is one of the best ground fighters in the world if adequate attention is given 2 dem in terms of weaponry, insurance and general welfare which d battle weary soldiers are not sure of. Well the said mr chief thats is what mr Alex said b4 April the insurgency will be over, i juz laff wit 1 teeth n na 4 dat April people suffer wella n dis man 1 cum tell us d transparen lie we all knw about. Smh 4 dis men @ d top
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by DoctorMcgruff: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
A soldier deserts his comrades if he sees no hope in the army he is fighting for...army heads should stop stealing money
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by opiaoku: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69: The same army and gallant soldiers/officers that were fully in charge of ECOMOG, and liberated african countries,and played peace keeping roles excellently is the same army that as be bastardized by greedy top military officers and government officials. The Ngerian armed forces is very much capable of handling this animals, but for the politics and self enrichment of greedy allies and incompetent Jonathan, the animals seems to be winning the war. Not until some people decides they have eaten enough from the security budget and Jonathan's desperation for 2015 is sacrificed, BH menace will keep thriving.

shut up you bastard
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by koboko69: 12:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
opiaoku:

shut up you bastard

Dunce why are you frustrated?

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by babadem2much(m): 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
Stelvin101]Nigeria Military will never learn coz it filled with bunch of idiots and educated illiterates, imagine that big fool disclosing confidential matters on media. Smh.

Like say u know d man is just displaying his intelegence incompetence as a senior military officer
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by JoeCutie(m): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: I hope this changes anything.
Changes what? Babe, na Naija we dey oo. It's just like say, "The ASUU strike will end soon". After 5 months, it was still 'soon'. Chai! Naija! grin

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 15, 2014
JoeCutie: Changes what? Babe, na Naija we dey oo. It's just like say, "The ASUU strike will end soon". After 5 months, it was still 'soon'. Chai! Naija! grin
its so sad sad Well I pray for my dear country everyday, right after I finish praying for my shoes, bags and clothes. We should have faith! smiley
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: its so sad sad Well I pray for my dear country everyday, right after I finish praying for my shoes, bags and clothes. We should have faith! smiley
your shoes,bags and other accessories are more important than Nigeria?
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Bigzig(m): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
This issue of terrorism is becoming more serious as day past by!!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by opiaoku: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69:

am frustrated in this life

but why na
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by JoeCutie(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: its so sad sad Well I pray for my dear country everyday, right after I finish praying for my shoes, bags and clothes. We should have faith! smiley
Oh, my...shocked lipsrsealed So you pray for your shoes, bags & clothes b4 you pray for your "dear country"? No wonder your 1st lady said diariz God. sad

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nobleval: your shoes,bags and other accessories are more important than Nigeria?
I was obviously just kidding and good try tryna seek who to criticize this lovely afternoon. Keep searching!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 15, 2014
JoeCutie: Oh, my...shocked lipsrsealed So you pray for your shoes, bags & clothes b4 you pray for your "dear country"? No wonder your 1st lady said diariz God. sad
I didn't stutter smiley
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Tnot(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
They will end up distributing the weapons to the Boko Haram or where do you think they get the ones the are using.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by JoeCutie(m): 12:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: I didn't stutter smiley
Lol. You mean like your 1st lady? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Looted Funds: FG Recovers N3.4 Trn Cash, Assets – Amaechi / Tension As Fulani Herdsmen Raise Alarm Over Stolen Cows In Jos / Governor Ambode Inspects Ongoing Projects Across The State, Promises To Deliver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.