Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ (18301 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Undergoing Proffesional Training With New Weapons / Kano Bombings: Give Weapons To Igbos For Self-defence - Ezeife / Story Behind Nigerian Girl Getting New Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2014
JoeCutie: Lol. You mean like your 1st lady? grin
Honestly, I don't enjoy people esp Nigerians mocking the first lady. She's an illiterate? So? Her husband loves her and that's all that should matter. Okay fine, as a first lady who's gonna be involved in public speaking - I'd rather she takes professional classes in english. But she thinks other wise, its her life. We should totally learn to stop mocking her, I just don't find the jokes funny.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by dammytosh: 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2014
C0llynzO2: They will still surrender the weapons to boko haram as usual.
Hopeless!

grin grin grin grin and announce they are getting a better weapon better than the better in BH's hand by then.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: I was obviously just kidding and good try tryna seek who to criticize this lovely afternoon. Keep searching!
you know I will never do that. Sweetheart?
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by JoeCutie(m): 1:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: Honestly, I don't enjoy people esp Nigerians mocking the first lady. She's an illiterate? So? Her husband loves her and that's all that should matter. Okay fine, as a first lady who's gonna be involved in public speaking - I'd rather she takes professional classes in english. But she thinks other wise, its her life. We should totally learn to stop mocking her, I just don't find the jokes funny.
She's always had a prepared speech on her table, but she always overlooks it to mess herself up. She isn't disciplined. But like you said, that's not my problem. I do tell people the same thing: we should cut her some slack & accord her some respect, atleast for the very fact that she's our first lady.

But then, must your shoes & what have you come b4 ur dear country?

2 Likes

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
JoeCutie: She's always had a prepared speech on her table, but she always overlooks it to mess herself up. She isn't disciplined. But like you said, that's not my problem. I do tell people the same thing: we should cut her some slack & accord her some respect, atleast for the very fact that she's our first lady.

But then, must your shoes & what have you come b4 ur dear country?
sweetie of course I was kidding. I actually thought your sense of humor was um 70/100 but right now, I think its 25/100.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
Nobleval: you know I will never do that. Sweetheart?
I dunno if you'll do that or not. I can't read your mind. Then again, you might be seeking fans- probably having plans to run for some election. I dunno!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 15, 2014
The horse(weapon) is prepared against the day of battle BUT safety is of the LORD!

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by JoeCutie(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: sweetie of course I was kidding. I actually thought your sense of humor was um 70/100 but right now, I think its 25/100.
Lmfao! 25/100? Who dash Monkey Banana? Nah dearie, it's not even half way there. It's only 2.5/100! Aww, my bad!

But thank God I've got a good friend who's own is too much & overflowing. Swry, could you pls lend me a little from yours? tongue grin

I was kidding too with my reply earlier. I knew you were kidding. It was that obvious. grin

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by dBard: 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
niceeric: [b]

Do u know I found out your post has no meaning?......atleast not d meaning I thought u were trying to pass....u described rebels in your silly way and ended d description with 'such as' Boko Haram lol....ure confused nigga...

Again I never said terrorists are same as rebels.....u should try to read and answer comprehension passages.....try New Practical English book 1(yes,d one meant for jss1).....u need to redo d foundation.....well,all I said is the mode of operation of BH is similar to those exhibited by d rebels in Sierra leone and if you actually look closely(dats if u can see anyway) you'll see that BH don't act in full capacity of terrorists,ive never heard of al qaeda kidnapping school girls,never have I heard of them going to villages to steal food,i avnt heard also of them not knowing Governors of States by names......calling lagos state Governor Oshiomole is wat i'm talking about.....so use ur brain man.

Lastly,seems u dont know wat a documentary means?check ur dictionary.....but heck??.....Don't u watch NatGoeWild??......how old are you? what's your educational standing?did u even go past secondary school?.......damn!
Anyways, 'cry freetown' is a documentary by a reporter who was with the soldiers ryt there in Sierra leone...all shootings. and activities on d tape were all live......I rest my case with u indefinitely......u no reach to dey follow talk [/b]

It's fairly obvious who amongst us is d kid here. Lemme give u some assignments;
*Google, al qaeda kidnappings in Afghanistan, as well as sources of fundings f al qaeda.
*open /Google d dictionary meaning of a movie..you'll b surprised t find out a documentary is actually a movie, but well, u r probably one of those that still thinks 'actor'refers t d main character in a movie..
Finally, dat 2 entities are distinct does not mean they don't 've similarities..any ' organization', that does not 've legal recognition usually 've t source dier funds illegally. ..including Certain rebel groups..
..n f someone screaming comprehension, read d post again, am quite sure B.H was Not an e.g of a rebel group.
Someone more intelligent, I would 've continued dis discussion hoping f a stimulating exchange of ideas, but u sir are Seriously Deficient.
I would rather spend d time watching my fan blades revolve.
Have got work t do...
Glad t 've bin of help.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by signz: 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
Have you guys noticed that real military eggheads we have here rarely posts in threads like this. Henry120, Ocelot, SiriusBlack, etc now ignore military threads like this cos of so many people who don't know jack about war/battle claiming to be Military strategists and historians.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 15, 2014
JoeCutie: Lmfao! 25/100? Who dash Monkey Banana? Nah dearie, it's not even half way there. It's only 2.5/100! Aww, my bad!

But thank God I've got a good friend who's own is too much & overflowing. Swry, could you pls lend me a little from yours? tongue grin

I was kidding too with my reply earlier. I knew you were kidding. It was that obvious. grin
hehe.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by leerules: 1:28pm On Jul 15, 2014
this is truly a welcome development.our military need all the help they can get
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: I dunno if you'll do that or not. I can't read your mind. Then again, you might be seeking fans- probably having plans to run for some election. I dunno!
Election? Aw...In Nigeria we don't have election rather we do selection...so sad. Btw am not into politics much.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by JoeCutie(m): 1:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
evegran: hehe.
grin

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by orbis(m): 1:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
These weapons will soon find their way back to the insurgents....naija i hail thee
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by memebreak(m): 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
koboko69: The same army and gallant soldiers/officers that were fully in charge of ECOMOG, and liberated african countries,and played peace keeping roles excellently is the same army that as be bastardized by greedy top military officers and government officials. The Ngerian armed forces is very much capable of handling this animals, but for the politics and self enrichment of greedy allies and incompetent Jonathan, the animals seems to be winning the war. Not until some people decides they have eaten enough from the security budget and Jonathan's desperation for 2015 is sacrificed, BH menace will keep thriving.

I couldn't agree more with you on this one.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by SHOCK7(m): 2:30pm On Jul 15, 2014
[@Funbii]okay o... now them no go talk say BH get better weapons pass them again, who knows what the next excuse(s) will be..... them get juju and correct jazz?? lol maybe [/quote
Well said,how u doing? been trying 2 holla at u on fb but 'ldn't find 'ur page pls do help me out.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by MightySparrow: 3:29pm On Jul 15, 2014
Where were the thieves that stole the old ones?
Minimmah, Nigerians are tired of the more you look, the less you see.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by piagetskinner(m): 3:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Cheap propaganda!! with the way corruption has become institutionalised in this country of ours,I do not swallow hook, line and sinker, what I see/read on the media....they tell us the'v procured sophisticated military weapons to phase out insurgency,but on a 'daily basis' we see insurgents doing the phasing out...so what are we to believe?230+ chibok school girls still remain Kidnapped and the govt is silent. better we don't get any news at all than to get one that is reeked of lies
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Ngasky(m): 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
If this is true, then it is a good development. And I believe long overdue. It is not going to be easy but if the army behaves proffessionally and disciplined they can overcome the Insurgents.
The government should do the needful not only weapons to end this menace. CREATE JOBS
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by dagreatjoezy: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
Young soldiers dropping their riffles and running away on realizing the reality of military life in war time. Its no longer military service for just the pay, but their lives and the lives on teaming Nigerians are at stake. God bless Nigeria.
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by liongirl: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
Pls will they be recuriting next year my boyfriend is graduating this year. He studied criminology and security studies from national open univeristy
Alpet: The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Kenneth Minimah, has said the Nigerian Army is getting new equipment that will enable it to fight terrorism and combat the Boko Haram insurgency in the country.
The COAS insisted that the military was making progress in its counter-terrorism campaigns, adding that Nigerians must be patient with the service.
Minimah said this while fielding questions from journalists in Abuja on Monday shortly after declaring open the Chief of Army Staff, Third Quarter Conference 2014, comprising Commanders of Army Formations, Department and Units.
“Yes, we have equipment, and the Federal Government is also introducing fresh and newer equipment to us, which will soon be home.
“The Nigerian Army is performing and I also know the expectations of the Nigerian citizens, the expectations are rather too hasty; we need some time, we need patience, we are fighting terrorism, we are not fighting a conventional war,” he stated.
The COAS said the Army was aware that some soldiers were deserting at the war front, but noted that, “Desertion is part of warfare. We must accept that since the Carthaginian wars, soldiers have deserted from battle field.”
He explained that the Army had commenced recruitment of new hands, saying many individuals, who wanted their wards to join the service, had been reaching out to the Army.
Minimah said, “We are doing our recruitment now, we are also receiving persuasions from people who want their wards enlisted in the Army.
“Now, if we don’t have a thorough recruitment, mind you, there is high level of unemployment on the ground, most people want jobs, if that job means joining the Army, fine; it’s a source of employment, but when the reality of military service comes, he drops his rifle and runs away.”
Referring to the recent reported mutiny in Maiduguri and the controversial burning of BRT buses and destruction of property in Lagos by soldiers, Minimah charged commanders to put all measures in place to check acts of indiscipline, misconduct and unprofessional conduct by troops under their commands.
He stated that he had put in place measures to enhance the capabilities of troops through improved training, equipment repairs and attention to their welfare and motivation. Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/army-getting-new-weapons-to-combat-b-haram/
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
This is like the first time i'm witnessing the address of this fellow. When Ihejirika was there, he was always active in the media, updating and enlightening the populace. In minimah's case, the media personnel of the army is more like the acting chief of the army. Dull n inactive fellow! No wonder the sponsors of the BH sect (northern leaders) are not threatening of dragging anybody to ICC.

1 Like

Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by okotv(m): 7:08pm On Jul 15, 2014
hope it yields useful results cause that is what we need and not we are ......
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by okotv(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
liongirl: Pls will they be recuriting next year my boyfriend is graduating this year. He studied criminology and security studies from national open univeristy
....you want your boyfriend to join the army keee...abeg pray for a better appointment for him and not the military
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by zurine(f): 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2014
wow!
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by liongirl: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
[quote
author=okotv]....you want your boyfriend to join the army keee...abeg
pray for a better appointment for him and not the military[/quote]so which security work is better as a graduate. Pls advise
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by okotv(m): 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
liongirl: so which security work is better as a graduate. Pls advise
...let him apply for direct short service into the Nigerian defence academy cause that pays better and it is every year they take in candidates...it is for six months i guess but the training is not easy .
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by liongirl: 8:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
[quote
author=okotv]...let him apply for direct short service into the
Nigerian defence academy cause that pays better and it is every year
they take in candidates...it is for six months i guess but the training
is not easy .[/quote]tanks a lot i will tell him
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by okotv(m): 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
liongirl: tanks a lot i will tell him
...thank God but the training is not easy sha
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by liongirl: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
What are the things involved any tip pls
okotv: ...thank God but the training is not easy sha
Re: ‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ by liongirl: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
okotv: ...thank God but the training is not easy sha
any tipbon whay he should expect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Return All Our Stolen Artifacts - Lai Mohammed Warns Foreign Nations / Fubara Reshuffles Cabinet, Redeploys Two Wike’s Loyalists / Jonathan Is Working, Haters Are Talking! (New Images Are Added Daily)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.