Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi (1898 Views)

''Why I Dumped PDP For APC'' — Ekwunife / How Saraki Used And Dumped PDP Senators- The Nigerianpilot / Why I Dumped PDP For APC — Ali Olanusi, Ondo Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Kingspin(m): 7:06am On Jul 15, 2014
Rivers State Governor, Chibuike
Amaechi has declared that failure
of the People’s Democratic Party
(PDP) led Federal government to
implement the United Nations
Environmental Protection Agency
(UNEP) report on Ogoniland was
part of the reasons why he left
the party.
Amaechi spoke on Sunday at the
thanksgiving celebration of
former Council Chairman of
Khana Local Government Area,
Gregory Nwidam at St. Dominic’s
Catholic Church, Bane.
Amaechi said the PDP led Federal
Government lack the political will
to implement the UNEP report to
make the environment habitable
for the people of Ogoni,
including the provision of water
and other infrastructural
development.
Rotimi Amaechi
“After the verification and
recommendation by the Agency
to the Federal Government, they
have refused to release the sum
of One million dollars for the
clean-up and development of the
area. As I am talking to you
today, the Federal Government is
doing nothing about the UNEP
report. One million dollars is
about 160 billion naira, but the
Federal Government has been
spending billions in other places.
But, you need to ask yourselves
one question, what did Ogoni do
against the federal government
that they cannot release 160
billion naira to save your
environment.
That is the reason I left PDP for
APC, because, our interest is not
protected in PDP. So, when they
cannot give the people of Ogoni
160 billion naira, which is not
even enough for their kids to
travel around America and
London, if they cannot give to
Ogoni people, why should you
vote them?” he said.
“What you should do is to
punish them with your votes by
voting them out in 2015. When
you vote, you are not fighting
for me, you are fighting for
yourselves because, I have
served as a Speaker for 8 years
and also Governor for 8 years,
what I need from God is long life.
You need to fight for yourselves
and save Rivers State as well,”
Amaechi said.
The governor urged the people
of Khana and all Rivers people to
register and identify with the All
Progressives Congress (APC) in
order to vote out the Peoples
Democratic Party, (PDP) in the
2015 general elections.
“Let me assure you that APC will
win in 2015 in Rivers State. You
owe me a duty to get registered
with APC. Go and register during
the voters’ registration and get
your voters card. I want to thank
the people of Bane community
and Khana people for their
support, especially the celebrant,
Hon. Gregory Nwidam for his
promise that the people of Khana
LGA will ensure APC wins in
Rivers State in 2015,” Amaechi
said.
www.vanguardngr.com
Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2014
Its high time the Feds implement Unep report. What is holding d govt back if not insensivity? The President being a NDtan have 1st class info on the mess in ogoniland.

Amaechi is proving to be a real leader and not bottom-licker

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by ibietela2(m): 7:52am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: Its high time the Feds implement Unep report. What is holding d govt back if not insensivity? The President being a NDtan have 1st class info on the mess in ogoniland.

Amaechi is proving to be a real leader and not bottom-licker

Ok... But why is he saying this now in a Church service at Ogoni? As usual seeking sympathy.

8 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 15, 2014
ibietela2:

Ok... But why is he saying this now in a Church service at Ogoni? As usual seeking sympathy.
well I agrEe with you that Amaechi may be trying to whip up sympathy but again he's right. The Govt shd implement UNEP report as a matter of urgency.

Though I dnt believe that "it was the reason" he left PDP

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Lordabas: 8:02am On Jul 15, 2014
Can somebody tell Mr Governor to be proactive and face his job of governance? We are tired of his stories.

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by ahaika23: 8:03am On Jul 15, 2014
Amaechi the mad and confused dog.

5 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by fitzmayowa: 8:06am On Jul 15, 2014
ahaika23: Amaechi the mad and confused dog.

It takes one to know one...

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by ibietela2(m): 8:06am On Jul 15, 2014
barcanista: well I agrEe with you that Amaechi may be trying to whip up sympathy but again he's right. The Govt shd implement UNEP report as a matter of urgency.

Though I dnt believe that "it was the reason" he left PDP

Don't mind him, that is how he said he fighting Goodluck for the oil block because of Kalabari people.

8 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by psucc(m): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2014
Amaechi, why this sudden change. There is more to this than one can see on the surface.

All this while you've been fighting this course without letting us know. well who knows . . .

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by nueltrans: 8:15am On Jul 15, 2014
Ameachi again He bluntly said he needs long life to enjoy his loot at the expiration of his tenure ... "if the gods wants to punish u, they make u go mad first"

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by C0llynzO2: 8:31am On Jul 15, 2014
Anywhere Amaech goes, he gives a new reason for leaving PDP depending on the place and those in attendance.
When he was in Kalabari, it was because of the oil wells ''stolen'' from them.

9 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by snika: 8:36am On Jul 15, 2014
Look who's looking for sympathy at the church -- Amaechi the driver grin

6 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by owobokiri(m): 8:38am On Jul 15, 2014
Even if his life depends on it, Amaechi can't close his mouth for a second

5 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Abiagirl777(f): 8:45am On Jul 15, 2014
Wetin concern me!
#bringbackourdoctors
#bringbackourarmytroops
#bringbackourgirls
#take T A orji

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by dBard: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2014
Abiagirl777: Wetin concern me!
#bringbackourdoctors
#bringbackourarmytroops
#bringbackourgirls
#take T A orji

Looooool
cheesy
Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Lordabas: 9:41am On Jul 15, 2014
Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by chacoonder(m): 9:45am On Jul 15, 2014
ahaika23: Amaechi the mad and confused dog.
Ahama or wat are you called?..Is the mad dog not old enough to be your father?..Chai!..children of nowadays sha.
Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by DebateNigeria: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2014
Is this the actual reason why he left PDP?
He has given us other reasons in the past,

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by worthytalk: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2014
He who the gods want to clear they first make him insane.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2014
ibietela2:

Don't mind him, that is how he said he fighting Goodluck for the oil block because of Kalabari people.
I wonder when he started caring for the Kalabari tribe over Soku Oil well

3 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by ibietela2(m): 10:23am On Jul 15, 2014
DebateNigeria: Is this the actual reason why he left PDP?
He has given us other reasons in the past,

Yes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 15, 2014
confused man, always drumming up public sympathy.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by anyinso: 10:46am On Jul 15, 2014
Likewise, we'll dumb you over your inability to implement Port Hercourt monorail.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
Amaechi is a sign of confused being.

He is using people's weakness to buy their votes.

Lets wait and see.
Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by Firefire(m): 12:11pm On Jul 15, 2014
My Brother Amechi,

how market in APC ?

Why are you still crying, when your head is off in Pdp

2 Likes

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by PenSniper: 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
A shameless lier, turncoat. APC used VP slot as bait to draw you out to shame. Whatever several reasons you may give at difderent fora, we know different. Stop being clever by half.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by BABAKABIRU301(f): 12:57pm On Jul 15, 2014
WHAT I NEED NOW IS LONGLIFE.LONGLIFE TO BECOME apc VP.

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by hydroking23(m): 1:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Let me ask this. If I'm a Kalabari man, what incentive do I have to vote for Goodluck if he took away the oil wells from my community?

If I'm a Ogoni man, why should I vote for Goodluck if for the duration of his tenure he has done NOTHING to clean up my land and water after the United Nations told him to do so?

Blaming Amaechi for using Goodluck's negligence for these communities is not really the issue here.
Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by stanech: 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2014
And the award for the most confused governor of the federal republic of Nigeria goes to..

Alhaji Rotimi Amechi !!!

1 Like

Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by ImpactWorld(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
But is $1 million equivalent to #160 billion?
Oh well, I hope he was misquoted.
Re: I Dumped PDP Over FG's Delay To Implement UNEP Report Amaechi by madan(f): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
stanech: And the award for the most confused governor of the federal republic of Nigeria goes to..

Alhaji Rotimi Amechi !!!
grin
stanech: And the award for the most confused governor of the federal republic of Nigeria goes to..

Alhaji Rotimi Amechi !!!
grin

Alhaji Rotimi Amechi !!!
grin

Alhaji Rotimi Amechi !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Awolowo In The Then Primitive Bomadi Delta Province 1952 / INTERNATIONAL ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked As Special Force / Why Cant Nigerians Resort To Self Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.